Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

Someone is working on earning the rank of "War Chief"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

maffew buildings posted:

I know we aren't supposed to cheerlead harm to others but if the worst happened to that man, good

They tackled him, tuned up a bit and turned him over to the cops.

Then flipped and burned his car while the cops retreated.

He did some post custody interview with a local news station and lied about the entire incident. It's further down in the Twitter thread.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

https://twitter.com/CTABandito/status/1266900944073240576

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Laranzu posted:

They tackled him, tuned up a bit and turned him over to the cops.

Then flipped and burned his car while the cops retreated.

He did some post custody interview with a local news station and lied about the entire incident. It's further down in the Twitter thread.

Good, it's not easy to see but just before he got mobbed it looked like a dude fell at his feet, I hope like gently caress he tripped but my heart tells me otherwise

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler

They realized they got caught.

Protestor throw tear gas back at cops in DC.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
https://twitter.com/cushbomb/status/1266906566080544778?s=19

Ahaha

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

You gotta be on a special level of jumping to conclusions to think those were children and not short adult women

Tryzzub
Jan 1, 2007

Mudslide Experiment
nothing is out of the question in 2020

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Followup:

https://twitter.com/micheal_SLC/status/1266907324636999682

What a piece of poo poo.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Huh gee i guess when there isn't justice people will make their own.

MonkeyWash
Jan 14, 2005
Donkey Rinse

That Works posted:

Huh gee i guess when there isn't justice people will make their own.

His tags are in the public domain now, wouldn't be hard to find him if the 'police' want to find him

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

I just don't understand the thought process that makes someone bring a bow to something like this

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

MonkeyWash posted:

His tags are in the public domain now, wouldn't be hard to find him if the 'police' want to find him

Betting the people who hit him get arrested and nothing for him.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Seattle protest got crazy. I-5 blocked, curfew for 5pm declared at 4:30, and cop cars got burned and this happened

https://twitter.com/Breaking911/status/1266883347130847234?s=09

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

I just don't understand the thought process that makes someone bring a bow to something like this

This is the time every gently caress who voted for Trump to live out their Turner Diary fantasies has been waiting for. That's what they're thinking.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Slim Pickens posted:

Seattle protest got crazy. I-5 blocked, curfew for 5pm declared at 4:30, and cop cars got burned and this happened

Seems pretty loving irresponsible for the police to leave rifles unattended in cars.

e: And seems to be illegal in Washington, but of course cops aren't actually expected to follow laws.

quote:

(2)(a) A person shall not carry or place a loaded pistol in any vehicle unless the person has a license to carry a concealed pistol and: (i) The pistol is on the licensee's person, (ii) the licensee is within the vehicle at all times that the pistol is there, or (iii) the licensee is away from the vehicle and the pistol is locked within the vehicle and concealed from view from outside the vehicle.

AreWeDrunkYet fucked around with this message at 03:14 on May 31, 2020

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
no this was a bad joke

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Slim Pickens posted:

loving white kids.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Seems pretty loving irresponsible for the police to leave rifles unattended in cars.

e: And seems to be illegal in Washington, but of course cops aren't actually expected to follow laws.

A rifle is not a pistol but it’s not like cops would get in trouble if it was

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Same dude that tried to ban kneeling last summer. Get hosed Goodell.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

That Works posted:

Same dude that tried to ban kneeling last summer. Get hosed Goodell.

Not an empty quote.

Stultus Maximus posted:

loving white kids.

Seriously.

If you're at a BLM protest and a POC or organizer tells your white rear end to cut the poo poo, maybe shut the gently caress up and listen?

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

https://mobile.twitter.com/talanickistan/status/1266900714657386497

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Wonder what would happen if cities just shut down cell towers and any local internet providers in an effort to enforce a curfew. All the outrage and organizing is being done via cell.

You’d lose 911 but is anyone even calling that

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

pmchem posted:

Wonder what would happen if cities just shut down cell towers and any local internet providers in an effort to enforce a curfew. All the outrage and organizing is being done via cell.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013
https://twitter.com/brxghtswm/status/1266770350530068480

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Other angle
https://twitter.com/Gingersonfire/status/1266884385854255104

gently caress that idiot. Deserves whatever he gets.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

pmchem posted:

A lot of gov and law enforcement runs off those same cell networks and ISPs so they're unlikely to turn them off.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Midjack posted:

A lot of gov and law enforcement runs off those same cell networks and ISPs so they're unlikely to turn them off.

What, no emergency backups? And cops have their own radio network

That’ll all be fixed for the future in some major cities, you can bet on it.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Handsome Ralph posted:

Other angle
https://twitter.com/Gingersonfire/status/1266884385854255104

gently caress that idiot. Deserves whatever he gets.

He got turned over to the cops, who released him, then gave some media interviews where le lied his rear end off. At least they managed to flip his truck after he was removed from the scene.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

A surprising number of dispatches aren't encrypted, trunked, or even digital

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

pmchem posted:

What, no emergency backups? And cops have their own radio network

That’ll all be fixed for the future in some major cities, you can bet on it.

They do have radios but inevitably someone hot mics on your channel, you go into a shadow behind a building, some dickhead dumps the key out of his brick, or it otherwise doesn’t work when you need it and you end up using a phone. It’s unlikely to be “fixed” since cities aren’t going to have money to for their own private parallel cell tower networks just for cops in the coming depression.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

Internet Wizard posted:

A surprising number of dispatches aren't encrypted, trunked, or even digital

Over the last five years or so there's been a spate of incidents where jackasses will buy cheapo Chinese Baofeng handheld radios off Amazon which don't have the non-ham radio frequencies blocked out and then start calling in fake "officer down" calls or whatever. Chicago PD officers have also been spotted using them as well because they don't broadcast the radio ID like real public service radios.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

C.M. Kruger posted:

Over the last five years or so there's been a spate of incidents where jackasses will buy cheapo Chinese Baofeng handheld radios off Amazon which don't have the non-ham radio frequencies blocked out and then start calling in fake "officer down" calls or whatever. Chicago PD officers have also been spotted using them as well because they don't broadcast the radio ID like real public service radios.

A couple of years ago the importer for Baofeng got cited for importing non compliant radios so the ones you can buy now don’t work for that, but there are plenty of old ones around.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

Midjack posted:

A couple of years ago the importer for Baofeng got cited for importing non compliant radios so the ones you can buy now dont work for that, but there are plenty of old ones around.

Even so it's usually a matter of adding or removing some solder between a lead or two to modify a commercial radio to broadcast on non-compliant bands. We did it to a bunch of different brands and models for adversary equipment for training

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

Midjack posted:

A couple of years ago the importer for Baofeng got cited for importing non compliant radios so the ones you can buy now don’t work for that, but there are plenty of old ones around.

I've seen conflicting stuff as to if they've been complying consistently due to the number of different importers, and if they are complying it's apparently just a software block (all the radios are built off the same radio-on-a-microchip design IIRC) and can be reversed using a programming cable and the software used to add frequencies/channels to the memory.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
I was kind of hoping the Guard would calm things down a bit.

https://twitter.com/tkerssen/status/1266921821653385225?s=20

welp

Wrong Theory
Aug 27, 2005

Satellite from days of old, lead me to your access code
Apparently Reverse Robin Hood wanted to "help officers" because he "had weapons." Living the white boy dream I guess.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgwxvhcxTlc

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Iain posted:

Apparently Reverse Robin Hood wanted to "help officers" because he "had weapons." Living the white boy dream I guess.

I guarantee that old fucker was mainlining Fox News and decided it was time to cleanse the unwashed hoarde.

Probably was watching Tucker.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

shame on an IGA posted:

He got turned over to the cops, who released him, then gave some media interviews where le lied his rear end off. At least they managed to flip his truck after he was removed from the scene.

I hope that truck got torched and his insurance doesn’t cover it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007
Bill Deblasio sounding like a Republican on tv. I wonder why people are feeling the need to take to the streets.