Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

the arabic subtitles increase the funniness of this video by 10000x

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
https://twitter.com/leahmcelrath/status/1266887901897469957

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
https://www.courthousenews.com/minnesota-officials-link-arrested-looters-to-white-supremacist-groups/amp/

80% of arrested looters in Minnesota were out of state agitators, some linked to white supremacist groups looking to take advantage of the chaos

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

Steve Yun posted:

https://www.courthousenews.com/minnesota-officials-link-arrested-looters-to-white-supremacist-groups/amp/

80% of arrested looters in Minnesota were out of state agitators, some linked to white supremacist groups looking to take advantage of the chaos

This is old bad info, the looters may be fascists but, they are from surrounding areas in state.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/shane_bauer/status/1266901373309739008?s=20

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Steve Yun posted:

straight up a lie by the police

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
any good links to show why it’s a lie?

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Welp, entire city of LA on curfew now from 8pm to 5:30am. Covid-19 halted due to cop cars being destroyed.

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

it is utterly amazing how poorly the american government has handled 2020

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

SKULL.GIF posted:

has it? we've had two straight days of 20k+ cases in America and the reopening / the mass protests are going to kick it into overdrive

end of the next month is gonna be loving WILD

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

gently caress COREY PERRY posted:

demon cracker nation

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Steve Yun posted:

CSPAM rubes itt spreading police talking points.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Obama : vote

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

mastershakeman posted:

I loaded up the star wars Lego page , recoiled twice at the first couple items and had to look away. How do people afford this jesus Christ

buy the knock off chinese versions, I guess they are counterfeit but whatevs

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

3000 antifa super soldiers 45 minutes from Chicago lol

TheLemonOfIchabod
Aug 26, 2008
Cases are up week over week for the second day in a row, the curve is swinging back up IMO

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

gently caress COREY PERRY posted:

Has anyone actually been amazed? I think most people outside of the US knew something like this was coming eventually

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

TheLemonOfIchabod posted:

Cases are up week over week for the second day in a row, the curve is swinging back up IMO

yeah I've basically accepted the US is off the curve expected for a pandemic in a modern nation, and is going to have something similar to an early modern era pandemic.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

the US was ahead of the curve for things like BMI and missiles so it stands to reason that they'd be ahead of the curve for biblical plagues too

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

e: wrong thread!

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Atrocious Joe posted:

yeah I've basically accepted the US is off the curve expected for a pandemic in a modern nation, and is going to have something similar to an early modern era pandemic.

We're a plague nation and the panicked responses from state governments a month or two from now are going to be something to see, because I'm relatively sure that a lot of these governors are drinking their own kool-aid and think that nothing is going to happen.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

etalian posted:

CSPAM rubes itt spreading police talking points.

do you have any links to show why that’s not the case

I’m confused. how is that a talking point that’s helpful to the police? white supremacists agitating to make protestors look bad seems to support protestors

Steve Yun has issued a correction as of 04:17 on May 31, 2020

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Half the major cities in the US already have nightly curfews, so the lockdowns might happen sooner than expected

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

can’t have a curfew we are OPENed UP

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Seems like things are getting bad

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Mayor Dave posted:

Seems like things are getting bad

Things aren't that bad... Yet

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Steve Yun posted:

I’m confused. how is that a talking point that’s helpful to the police? white supremacists agitating to make protestors look bad seems to support protestors

Reporters pulled arrest records and found the info that way. Out-of-staters arrested was like sub-5%.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Steve Yun posted:

start with "we can be as brutal as we want because these aren't REAL protestors"

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

still loling that we went from almost a functioning society to failed state in less than a week.

Grabnar
Nov 24, 2017

Cao Ni Ma posted:

still loling that we went from almost a functioning society to failed state in less than a week.

You're implying we were ever a functional society

:cmon:

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cao Ni Ma posted:

to be fair, Corona did most of the heavy lifting

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Cao Ni Ma posted:

*less than 3 decades

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Atrocious Joe posted:

3000 antifa super soldiers 45 minutes from Chicago lol

they are all putting their psychic energy into a game of "desert bus" twitch stream

god bless them all

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Shear Modulus posted:

the arabic subtitles increase the funniness of this video by 10000x

i laughed at it last night and im laughing at it again right now

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

gay picnic defence posted:

Has anyone actually been amazed? I think most people outside of the US knew something like this was coming eventually
Yeah, this is 100% expected. It was inevitable that the instability of government in the US would eventually line up incompetent/malicious governance with some truly major crisis that you can't just throw bombs at.

Steve Yun posted:

Tunicate posted:

start with "we can be as brutal as we want because these aren't REAL protestors"
Yep. A useful tool for understanding the world is to automatically assume the police are lying, and that any statements made about their adversaries/victims are made to delegitimize them.

Peacoffee
Feb 11, 2013

Steve Yun posted:

well the majority being in-state for one. when the mayor says he was misled by the police report you could listen to them.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

gay picnic defence posted:

tbh i figured the us might just bumble into one thing being done correctly just as a mistake but it's like rake.gif over here lmao

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
I'll accept that the % of arrested in Minnesota being out of staters might be inaccurate

But I'm not seeing any narrative that the cops are trying to use that to justify cracking down on the protesters.

The main thing that's clogging up my feed right now is that white people are instigating violence in order to start the race war they wanted for so long

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

:discourse:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Quiet Feet posted:

*rubs hands* "ha ha, imagine how high my profits will be once *checks notes* literally everyone in the retirement home I run is dead." *that meme where the despicable me guy suddenly realizes his plan is poo poo*

At least in NY these owners are protected from any reprecussions due to Cuomo legislation so theyll just open another nursing home in a couple of years np