Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe

CJacobs posted:

The thing that you're ignoring even though several people posted it already is that you can become a carrier and spread it to dozens of people before it even starts to make you feel sick. It is an incredibly selfish thing to do to ignore that probability (NOT possibility, it is probably, as in likely that you will do this and not even know until it's too late).

Look you wet blanket, the only life worth living is one where I put many other people at risk of painful death or disability without their consent. I simply cannot tolerate the possibility of having to chill at home and avoid consuming for 30-90 days once in my life and I’m sure you’ll understand if I compare the mental health risks inherent in this horrible sacrifice (no dining in a restaurant! For weeks!) to potential physical health risks. I might get sad! I may have to reflect on things! I can’t stand it!

No!

I must go and get a haircut!

Right now!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Bernie Panders posted:

COVID is so insanely infectious and deadly that nobody in Colorado has died of it in over a week. I literally don't give a gently caress anymore, I want to go to a bar and drink away my sorrows from being unemployed due to this dumb loving lockdown.

Around 40 people died of covid in Colorado this week. Over 400 new cases reported just today. Y'know why news reports are saying nobody died of covid today? Those people died from complications caused by covid. It's lawyer speak.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 05:08 on May 31, 2020

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

kind of wish the gently caress sticks posting their $80 steak tartare from last nights's unmasked, dine-dinner on facebook would read the loving room. what possibly makes you think i wanna see that right now

boar guy fucked around with this message at 05:09 on May 31, 2020

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

lmao who the gently caress is this Bernie Panders a rereg of because he's making GBS threads up this and the riot thread with lovely right wing rhetoric

Bernie Panders
Apr 27, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

CJacobs posted:

Around 40 people died of covid in Colorado this week. Over 400 new cases reported just today. Y'know why news reports are saying nobody died of covid today? Those people died from complications caused by covid. It's lawyer speak.

i don't care, i want a loving drink

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Bernie Panders posted:

You guys still have liquor stores, right?

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

The Glumslinger posted:

Literally don't bother

Bernie Panders
Apr 27, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

The Glumslinger posted:

i prefer to drink with other people, which i'm going to do tomorrow on a patio and indoors as soon as possible

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Sid Vicious posted:

Literally don't bother

Pushing misinformation aint gonna fly with me but yeah you're right.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Bernie Panders posted:

i prefer to drink with other people, which i'm going to do tomorrow on a patio and indoors as soon as possible

rage against that machine, champ

Bernie Panders
Apr 27, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

boar guy posted:

rage against that machine, champ

my blue state is reopening, no need to rage against evolving public health guidelines :)

coronavirus
Jan 27, 2020

by Cyrano4747

QuarkJets posted:

This is a real stumper, maybe we can call in an expert investigator like Batman or Sherlock Holmes to untangle this mystery? I personally don't see any links between the covid pandemic and Alex Jones, a man whose most notable exploits were selling fake coronavirus cures and denying that the coronavirus pandemic even exists.

Alex Jones got 99.9% of things wrong, but holy gently caress did he end up being right about their being a hollywood and high level politics pedophile cabal.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

Hazo posted:

Link please

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/29/health/diabetes-study-covid-19-deaths/index.html

Spanish Inquisition posted:

No one ever clarifies if this is T1 or T2 or both???????????

Study was primarily T2.

LostRook fucked around with this message at 05:20 on May 31, 2020

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Bernie Panders posted:

my blue state is reopening, no need to rage against evolving public health guidelines :)

“evolving”

I’ll have to use that one more.

We’re not retreating; we’re advancing in a different direction.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Bernie Panders posted:

so get one at the liquor stores that never closed you stupid gently caress

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Bernie Panders posted:

If I told you what to drink Burt would ramp my rear end

The president does it and they keep letting him be president

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1266927427575521280?s=21

Alan Smithee fucked around with this message at 05:41 on May 31, 2020

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

coronavirus posted:

Alex Jones got 99.9% of things wrong, but holy gently caress did he end up being right about their being a hollywood and high level politics pedophile cabal.

And water is wet now give me a media kingdom

https://twitter.com/norbertelekes/status/1266946207458496513?s=21

Alan Smithee fucked around with this message at 05:41 on May 31, 2020

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

The Glumslinger posted:

And weed stores!

Seriously, they never even closed weed or liquor stores here. There was curbside pickup for a while, but that poo poo seemed to stop in April.

Bernie Panders
Apr 27, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
i say we should listen to the public health experts

and the public health experts say... this bud's for me

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Bleusilences
Jun 23, 2004

Be careful for what you wish for.

coronavirus posted:

Well even a stuck clock give the right time twice a day kind of poo poo. In January one of his guest was claiming that it was over for humanity to sell his food bucket. As soon that was over he pivoted and started to sell zinc pills and silver toothpaste to "fight" the corona virus.

Bleusilences fucked around with this message at 06:19 on May 31, 2020

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Sir Not Appearing posted:

I thought he was known for gay frogs.

That's extremely unfair

Batman only had 1 gay frog villain, and Sherlock Holmes only had 2

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Bernie Panders posted:

COVID is so insanely infectious and deadly that nobody in Colorado has died of it in over a week. I literally don't give a gently caress anymore, I want to go to a bar and drink away my sorrows from being unemployed due to this dumb loving lockdown.

Don't forget to take your bicycle with you.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
e: nevermind

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

vehicle rammed cops in Denver?

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

coronavirus posted:

I've seen it better explained as: pedophilia is a plague that is present in society at all income levels and regions. Being rich or powerful doesn't make you a pedophile, but it's a lot easier to be a pedophile - or any kind of criminal, for that matter - if you are.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

He also didn’t say anything that wasn’t widely talked about in circles before. People just don’t like hearing bad poo poo like that.

The Jimmy Saville thing got reported on in the UK and the whole population literally overlooked it, and pretended it was new when it came up again. Cosby too, everyone knew that poo poo.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
England is going to attempt to roll out a contact tracing regime sometime over the next month. They were well aware that it was needed way back in early February (weeks before they even had any deaths) but papers were just released that reveal that Public Health England advised they were only capable of performing 5 contact traces per day and at best might be able to increase that to perhaps 50 a day so they advised that it would be "sensible" to just not do it.
https://www.theage.com.au/world/europe/britain-could-only-cope-with-five-cases-a-week-papers-reveal-20200531-p54y5f.html

Of course they've since had the most coronavirus deaths out any country (except USA)

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Thousand bucks trump blames only the protesters when covid cases spike instead of when he pressured everyone to open back up and get to work.

coronavirus
Jan 27, 2020

by Cyrano4747

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

You are just trying to blame the oppressed you shithead.

I'm not blaming the protestors for anything. Some things are more important than worrying about a virus with .2 IFR . Like protesting the murder of an innocent black guy.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

coronavirus posted:

I'm not blaming the protestors for anything. Some things are more important than worrying about a virus with .2 IFR . Like protesting the murder of an innocent black guy.

.2 IFR overall. With certain preexisting conditions it rises enormously, and virtually all of the conditions affecting it are much more common in the black population.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Blistex posted:

It's really too bad that there wasn't some sort of model we could follow that would not destroy the economy, allow us to kill off the virus, and not be too hard on people's mental health and people living paycheque to paycheque. . . sadly no such plan exists.

(pictures unrelated)

That would involve publicly acknowledging the existence of Taiwan which might hurt the feelings of certain countries.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Alan Smithee posted:

If I told you what to drink Burt would ramp my rear end

The president does it and they keep letting him be president

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1266927427575521280?s=21

Here we are having an ongoing dengue outbreak. Weeks ago the local government stopped all work to contain dengue and diverted the personal and money to fight covid-19...which is currently going rampant.

A couple of days ago it started to rain heavily and it's gonna keep going for another three or so days, that means more mosquitos and more danger of dengue. poo poo's gonna be terrible everywhere once the sick of both illness start accumulating.

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

LostRook posted:

.2 IFR overall. With certain preexisting conditions it rises enormously, and virtually all of the conditions affecting it are much more common in the black population.

One advantage is that the protestors and those who support in person are generally younger so an initial spike will hopefully not have as many hospitalizations and deaths but there is the spread to their more at risk families and associates if they are living with or associating with them.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
they are also mostly outdoors and wearing masks

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

Xenocides posted:

One advantage is that the protestors and those who support in person are generally younger so an initial spike will hopefully not have as many hospitalizations and deaths but there is the spread to their more at risk families and associates if they are living with or associating with them.

This is absolutely what I'm worrying about. Public attention will have moved on by that point so unless people start working on the problem now, it's going to be devastating for these communities.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

CJacobs posted:

The thing that you're ignoring even though several people posted it already is that you can become a carrier and spread it to dozens of people before it even starts to make you feel sick. It doesn't matter if YOU aren't afraid of getting infected, if you become infected you will spread it to every person you interact with before you realize it. It is an incredibly selfish thing to do to ignore that probability (NOT possibility, it is probable, as in likely that you will do this and not even know until it's too late).

Where is the Like button? :confused:

People upset about business closures I can understand. I don't agree, but I understand where they are coming from. The ones upset about physical distancing and public masking are baffling. Those are the very things we need to enable opening up!

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Facebook Aunt posted:

Where is the Like button? :confused:

People upset about business closures I can understand. I don't agree, but I understand where they are coming from. The ones upset about physical distancing and public masking are baffling. Those are the very things we need to enable opening up!

Username/post perfection.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Without contact tracing, opening up is just a crapshoot. And I don't think a single state is in a position to implement widespread contact tracing.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Wisconsin has been open for maybe 2 weeks now and there's a report that my city's health department put out that lists 7 businesses having cases including 4 bars.

:thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Wisconsin has been open for maybe 2 weeks now and there's a report that my city's health department put out that lists 7 businesses having cases including 4 bars.

:thunk:

If only there was some way to prevent this