Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

causticBeet posted:

Based - the newbie (<1100 ip) heals info graphic for healers doesn’t call out food - I assume this will generally be per event? I was idling in disc for some of last nights activities and it seemed like they were calling out specific foods determined at the time of the raid.

You can never go wrong with omelettes -- cool down reduction means more spells :)

The only times when you may wanna not take omelette is burst DPS(stew) and or burn dps(sandwich?).... but this is for big ZVZ, small scale poo poo may be a bit diff(not really).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
dO yOu HaVe STAiRS

Pantsuit
Oct 28, 2013

Hi, I’ve sent an application to join the newbie guild. My in game name is ‘Thongman’. Thanks.

Ed: never mind, I joined the mighty simps.

Pantsuit fucked around with this message at 18:51 on May 31, 2020

Jerry Garcia's Ghost
Jul 26, 2001
I am in as RedBeardYarr

Balsa
May 10, 2020

Turbo Nerd
Oh boy, here I go killing again,

IGN: JetBalsa
Discord: Balsa#6808

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006
Yo yo -- if you guys are BRAND new... can you start applying to Awful Company EQMS 250k... there will be less people checking on you to see if you come to ZVZ in this guild while you learn the game and get ready to kill mans <3

Kakiro
Apr 1, 2010
Kind of interested in starting, as I'm in the book for something more sandboxy. I recognize some of the names, is it the same leadership from Darkfall? Also, how hard is it for a new player to get in and get caught up to help stomp on people?

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

Kakiro posted:

Kind of interested in starting, as I'm in the book for something more sandboxy. I recognize some of the names, is it the same leadership from Darkfall? Also, how hard is it for a new player to get in and get caught up to help stomp on people?

I was able to get involved in gank squads and Zerg vs Zerg stuff on like.... day 2. It seems like there is a contingency of pubbie chuds looking to call out lower gear dudes in guild battles, but you will generally get gear checked before you go out and if the leader of the raid has an actual issue with your gear level they can call it out there. For gank squads it doesn’t seem like it really matters, I’ve been rocking a double bladed staff for stun and utility so it doesn’t matter as much if I’m not making GBS threads out damage.

There are some tier 5/6 zones around the territory that have seemed to work out decently for solo farming. My general approach has been to chill mostly in the black zone for alliance activities / fame farming, then suicide back and forth between the black zone and the royal continent to take time leveling my gathering and crafting abilities in the blue and yellow zones.

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

Kakiro posted:

Yea -- its the same fat <gamer words> from DF, sup bro.

If you liked DF, you will like albion --- its basically the MOBA version of Albion(mixed with Eve)... you can legit start ganking with us on day 1.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Hi, I'm a new player giving this game a try. The OP says to apply for Awful Company EQMS 250k, but I'm not seeing it on the lovely guild finder interface. Assuming I'm not just blind here, should I just be applying for Awful Company 42069 instead?

e: okay, I had to get a direct invite but I'm in now

100 degrees Calcium fucked around with this message at 09:00 on Jun 14, 2020

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

I'm doing the little Focus tutorial out of Highland Cross, and the NPC says that you should choose a particular crafting discipline to specialize in. I suppose this is so you're not spreading learning points around too much. Should I be specializing in crafting the gear that I personally use? For that matter, how much am I screwing myself if I opt to use different kinds weapons and armors? Should I be specializing that kind of thing asap? I've been sword+board while learning, and I like that. Mace looks like it has fun skills for powering up the group, so I wanted to try that. I also thought I'd give healing staffs a try.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

100 degrees Calcium posted:

I'm doing the little Focus tutorial out of Highland Cross, and the NPC says that you should choose a particular crafting discipline to specialize in. I suppose this is so you're not spreading learning points around too much. Should I be specializing in crafting the gear that I personally use? For that matter, how much am I screwing myself if I opt to use different kinds weapons and armors? Should I be specializing that kind of thing asap? I've been sword+board while learning, and I like that. Mace looks like it has fun skills for powering up the group, so I wanted to try that. I also thought I'd give healing staffs a try.

You will probably out level your crafting ability pretty quickly so I wouldn’t recommend it. You will definitely hamstring yourself if you try to keep pace with both weapon and armor crafting. I’m doing cloth armor crafting and bags, having started with that same intention, and after a couple weeks I can wear t6 but still only efficiently craft T4. A lot of the money in crafting comes from focus return rate efficiency, so just because you can technically make something doesn’t mean it’s cost effective. It’s probably best off to choose the crafting professions that are bonused in whatever city you plan on living in - Martlock if you’re planning to join awful company.

It doesn’t seem to penalize you too hard for spreading out your spec - I’ve gone down 3 or 4 different paths to get started. I’m leveling a PVE build, a zvz heal build, a solo gank build, and a group gank build. There ends up being a lot of overlap because a lot of the time you end up mixing and matching different armor types (for example both gank builds use different combos of plate/leather/cloth) and it seems like they all tend to even out eventually. Its not explicitly “casters wear ONLY cloth, melee dps wears ONLY leather” since a lot of the time you’re picking off-type pieces for a really strong skill (for example hunter hood and soldier boots on a solo gank caster build for the excellent reflect and run skills). If you plan on playing hyper focused it’s probably more efficient to focus on one primary thing, but I’ve found myself enjoying trying out a bunch of different weapons and armor builds, and what I thought I would enjoy focusing on day 1 definitely isn’t what I’m enjoying 2 weeks in.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Awesome, that's really good info. I feel a lot more confident on how I want to proceed now. Thank you.

Soma Soma Soma
Mar 22, 2004

Richardson agrees
Is there a list of solid PvE group and solo builds somewhere? I just finally hit my first max combat skill (swords) and have just been leveling up a ZvZ build, but feel like I should branch out and fame farm more efficiently.

Still enjoying the game and guild/alliance, but feel like a stupid idiot when it comes to ideal builds.

Breidr
Jan 9, 2016

I picked this game up under recommendation. I like the ARPG feel of things, but not really sure about everything else. The closest thing I've played to this is Gloria Victis and that had limited pvp loot and even no loot in siege zones.

Been messing around in mountain cross just gathering crap, no idea what I'm doing. I have some T2 weapons that I've been hunting bandits with, but that's about it.

Also think I applied to the wrong guild. I couldn't find EQMS so I applied to 69420 since it was listed in the AC guild page. I linked my character to the discord and all that. Not sure what else I might need to do, but I'm Breidr#4600 on Discord if that helps.

Twisc
Jul 24, 2004
tehe qt:>
jumping in for the first time since 2015

ingame name skintricks

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
Giving this a try, in game as Broadus.

RainMaker
Oct 25, 2012

This is me every time you post.
Thought I'd give this a try while I was reminising about the good old age of wushu days. I've applied to Awful Company EQMS 250k and my in-game name is Arbosa89. I've registered in discord.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pczeX7gAePg

forgot i had this video

e: be warned, i didn't count but i believe that gluttony drops like 50+ slurs in this 18 minute video

1001 Arabian dicks fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Jun 21, 2020

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

RainMaker posted:

Thought I'd give this a try while I was reminising about the good old age of wushu days. I've applied to Awful Company EQMS 250k and my in-game name is Arbosa89. I've registered in discord.

Approved.

Christopher
May 29, 2006
I havent played this game in over a year. Been console gaming for the past year and a half or so. Just recently picked up another gaming PC and downloaded Albion. I was top tier when I played (although I didn't play with the goon crew). Is it worth getting back in right now or should I wait until some upcoming patch situation. Seems a bit overwhelming already as I have no idea what to do to get back into the game, what builds are good, etc etc. Help me out goons! <3

ninja edit: My in game name is Kristofer. I also registered in the Discord but don't seem to have access yet.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

Christopher posted:

I havent played this game in over a year. Been console gaming for the past year and a half or so. Just recently picked up another gaming PC and downloaded Albion. I was top tier when I played (although I didn't play with the goon crew). Is it worth getting back in right now or should I wait until some upcoming patch situation. Seems a bit overwhelming already as I have no idea what to do to get back into the game, what builds are good, etc etc. Help me out goons! <3

ninja edit: My in game name is Kristofer. I also registered in the Discord but don't seem to have access yet.

Seems like there’s a bunch of wars / civil wars popping off so there’s definitely Stuff To Do TM. The next patch has some cool content as well like EVE wormholes and 1v1 dark souls style invasion dungeons

Hemish
Jan 25, 2005

Hello Albion goons!

To be honest I don't know if I'll really get into the game but I'm thinking I have the most chances by playing with goons at some point so I registered on Discord (character name being Alynneska). I don't mind just getting the Discord access to start if the guilds are overflowing.

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006
To all goons trying to get guilded:

Please apply to Awful Company EQMS 250k -- you can be brand new day 1 and in this guild with no issues... as you progress further you can switch to more active guilds:

RainMaker
Oct 25, 2012

Where should I base my island from? I'm hearing Caerleon is the place to be.

RainMaker
Oct 25, 2012

gently caress it. I've gone matlock. I hear all the beginner guides are out of date since the latest patch anyway.

Dante
Feb 8, 2003

is there still an active goon guild for this game?

Dante fucked around with this message at 07:41 on Jul 27, 2022

RainMaker
Oct 25, 2012

Dante posted:

is there still an active goon guild for this game? I've downloaded it to scratch that UO itch.

edit: Applied to Awful Company EQMS 250k with the char Dovestrangler

It seems like that's an overflow guild for the main one and it's part of an alliance called Arch. It's very active and there's a war going on. It's not the best for helping newbies so what you'll need to do is get a healer setup for the alliance war until you're good enough to go DPS. There's a thing called item power and they get weird if you're not hitting over 1100 if you're DPS but they're fine if you're healing so go with that for a while. They're not good at explaining this so hopefully this helps.

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004
ONCE YOU POP THE FUN DONT STOP
J4G checking in.

Clockwork Beast!
Jan 18, 2007

Clockwork beast! Clockwork beast! We're doomed!
Applied as Joshuastronomy to EQMS 250k.

e: where the dang discord, all the links are invalid
ee: Bad at reading. Discord name is the same.

Clockwork Beast! fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Jul 8, 2020

Prufrock
Oct 9, 2004
Applied as Abscin to EQMS 250K

registered on discord, Abscin#4779.

ingame name is Abscin

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...
Posting for auth! Ingame name Rumbahl, discord is Rumba#4434

apseudonym
Feb 25, 2011

I bounced off this when I tried it at release, but I've got more time now. apseudonym ingame, apseudonym#2369 on discord.

Matty
Oct 29, 2010
drat Sa isnt dead yet?

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

Matty posted:

drat Sa isnt dead yet?

Just beaten down a bit...

Brave Squirrel
Mar 25, 2009
Applied as BravestSquirrel to EQMS 250K

Discord name is "Brave Squirrel#5052"

Weskejak
Dec 18, 2007
Vice Nemisis
what guild would you guys suggest for a nub?

RainMaker
Oct 25, 2012

Weskejak posted:

what guild would you guys suggest for a nub?

I didn't get much help with noob stuff from AC but some of the smaller guilds in the alliance have their own programs. There's a recruitment channel in discord.

Pryce
May 21, 2011
Applied as "Daeke" to EQMS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apseudonym
Feb 25, 2011

What's the difference between the various AC guilds? Seems like most the folks are in AC or 42069

Also is there anyone who wouldn't mind me pming them ingame sometime with some :shobon: as hell questions