Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DessertStorm
Aug 9, 2013

S4E21
"Dale thought we wanted to swing."
"Swing? Absolutely not! You get Nancy and I end up with Dale? Who's the clear winner there? Dale!"

I try to channel Big Peggy Energy every day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

DessertStorm posted:

S4E21
"Swing? Absolutely not! You get Nancy and I end up with Dale? Who's the clear winner there? Dale!"

That really is the perfect distillation of her character.

Peggy is a great litmus test, people that hate her aren't worth your time.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Everyone needs to watch Barry. Stephen Root is in that, as Barry's friend or handler, however you want to call him, Fuches. He's so good in it. Everyone is great in that show.

absolutely seconding this. Barry is fantastic, honey.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Great joe jack hows your gambling problem

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating
Novelty grill?! FIGHT'S ON!

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

as someone who was a white Texan kid in the Indian guides in the middle of the 90s native American culture craze, the whooping crane episode is just :discourse:

"I like how you call everything sacred, that's funny too"

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Code Jockey posted:

absolutely seconding this. Barry is fantastic, honey.

drat right, suuuuuug.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

drat right, suuuuuug.

HuHEEhuhuhu...wipeout.

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger
I’ll have to wait til after work to really ponder on this one, but Sally Field as Junie Harper is certainly up there.

“Joshuaaaaaa, Joshuaaaa kitty-kitty, JOSHWA!!!!”

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
I probably have like 5 posts saying this, but Green Day as Cane Skretteburg and his band will always be my favorite lowkey guest spots.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
A great little moment in the episode about being "god to millions of Asians."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BQcFjA2sDA

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

ive never had sopapillas before but now koth has got me interested

dolphinbomb
Apr 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
A Beercan Named Desire is my favorite episode and finding out the Aunt Esme is Meryl Streep just further reinforced that fact.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mneJ1wRspZg

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Now that I own a house I can kind of understand Hank's feeling towards mowing the lawn. I still think it sucks to actually do but you do get a feeling of accomplishment from finishing and seeing how much better it looks now.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

muscles like this! posted:

Now that I own a house I can kind of understand Hank's feeling towards mowing the lawn. I still think it sucks to actually do but you do get a feeling of accomplishment from finishing and seeing how much better it looks now.

I actually have the whole "zen pool cleaning" thing that Luanne has. My grandpa lived with us and we had to do what he said, which was a shitload of chores usually. The only one I enjoyed doing was cleaning the pool because I had to wake up before anyone else to do it, and that meant a moment of rare quiet and solitude.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

muscles like this! posted:

Soon your journey to the old side will be complete

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
My dream is to tear out my entire lawn and throw down some gravel or wood chips or something.

Screw lawns.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

My dream is to tear out my entire lawn and throw down some gravel or wood chips or something.

Screw lawns.

Same. I live in Arizona and it's just plain irresponsible to own a grass lawn. I'd tear our my lawn and do gravel even if I moved to a more grassy and water blessed state.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I'm currently checking out the Ho Yeah! podcast and am loving it. I don't know if the quality of the audio picks up later on but it's not bad so far. It fills me with... Hap-piness.

VAGINA!

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

DessertStorm posted:

S4E21

My favorite Peggy line is “Well thankfully, I believe in myself enough for the both of us!” Her absolute and completely unearned confidence is written so perfectly and consistently.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
The firemen episode is great. I forgot that boomhauer tries to call dale out for starting the fire but the guy just doesn't understand him and ignores it.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
Just rewatched Shins Of The Father, I love the detail of Cotton not having spoken to Bucks hairstylist in 2 years.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

ilmucche posted:

The firemen episode is great. I forgot that boomhauer tries to call dale out for starting the fire but the guy just doesn't understand him and ignores it.

It's a top tier ep for sure, I liked how when the fire dept asked for volunteers at the army base Bill was the only one they would spare.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
The subtlest part is how Bill is even more fat in his imagination.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

The subtlest part is how Bill is even more fat in his imagination.

Wow that is accurate for fat guys with low self esteem. I've varied in weight my whole life, but I always feel like a big fat slob regardless lol

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

ilmucche posted:

the firemen episode is the quintessential king of the hill episode to me, if someone asks me to show them the Best One then that's my go-to

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Bill's only counterargument to his actions is "I'm burned."

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

PinheadSlim posted:

Wow that is accurate for fat guys with low self esteem. I've varied in weight my whole life, but I always feel like a big fat slob regardless lol

same lol

lmao

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

I just finished that episode with the Propaniacs and drat if Hank finally laughing at Bobby's shenanigans wasn't the most heartwarming thing I have ever seen.

Lincolnstein
Sep 10, 2007

Drink-Mix Man posted:

I just finished that episode with the Propaniacs and drat if Hank finally laughing at Bobby's shenanigans wasn't the most heartwarming thing I have ever seen.

HAWHAWHAW, I love Hank so much in this episode, especially as a dad who thinks his son is the funniest person ever.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

PinheadSlim posted:

is that why when i look in the mirror im always confused at the dude looking back then im like oh right im old and bald now.

Smiling Mandrill posted:

Some things just seem very odd about Cotton's war record. Like when in full dress uniform Cotton was shown wearing the Medal of Honor, and Legion of Honour. Those are the highest military decorations for both the USA, and France. Yet for some reason he had to fight to get a burial plot in the veterans' administration cemetery. There is no way in hell a veterans cemetery is ever going to consider turning down a Medal of Honor winner. You'd also think Hank would bring up the fact that Cotton won the Medal of Honor all the time, I mean the award is so prestigious that it is presented to the recipient by the President in person. Then again you could put it down to inconsistent writing since later on Cotton has them flush his ashes down the bar toilet General George S. Patton once used, thus making his fight for the cemetery plot totally pointless.

in one of the episodes isnt peggy helping him get something and she realises that a large portion of his i killed fiddy men stories are impossible because he cant be fighting in two battles because it would be impossible to travel from one to the other in time. she brings it up to hank and hanks answer is to shrug and say he used to be 6 feet tall so it cant be all fake. then they figure out he was never in europe and faught in the pacific the entire time. then when cotton is giving his speech about he deserves what he is trying to get he starts off with his usual blusster then peggy reminds him and he tells the truth for once in the entire episode

snergle fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Jun 2, 2020

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Be-a-bay, be-e-be, be-i-bickey-bi-be-o-bo-bickey-bi-bo

https://youtu.be/9LW5NVM8D1k

Traxis fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Jun 2, 2020

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Drink-Mix Man posted:

The tension from the build up to Hank's first reaction to seeing the Propaniacs is amazing, with the ultimate reveal being such a relief.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

https://www.reddit.com/r/KingOfTheHill/comments/gtmu1z/anniversary_gift_for_my_wife_who_luckily_is_also/

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

I'm really wondering why this character/style guide features hank with a freaky bobby-headed snake? is that in the show at some point and i totally forgot bobby-snake??

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

That sucks so hard lol.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Khanstant posted:

I'm really wondering why this character/style guide features hank with a freaky bobby-headed snake? is that in the show at some point and i totally forgot bobby-snake??

whoever did that absolutely also did the weird whack-a-mole dream

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

SilvergunSuperman posted:

That sucks so hard lol.

Yeah. It needs a drawing of the groom's husband's father's head taped over the bride's head.

Nah, there's tons of cringy Reddit couple poo poo, but I actually like this one. It's not like they had a King of the Hill themed wedding or anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I don't think the idea is that bad, it just looks terrible imo and is a poor representation of the show's art style.