Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

The Question IRL posted:

Why no love for Rancheros? Because they are amazing.

I dont even know what these are, some kind of forrin terrorism crisp!?

Cessna 172 is an aeroplane that there are a lot of

kecske fucked around with this message at 10:17 on May 31, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mugsbaloney
Jul 11, 2012

We prefer your extinction to the loss of our job

Bobstar posted:

Thanks to whoever posted the videos of Beau the bearded dude. Very interesting videos. His police militarisation on is especially good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LB3HUXdmid4

Like this chap, but he cites On Killing- I thought On Killing had been shown to be extremely methodologically unsound, to the point of uselessness?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
hmmmm

https://twitter.com/BBCPolitics/status/1266639762653351936?s=20

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

Mebh posted:

I just don't get what possesses people to do that. I'm 37, pretty healthy, run 3x a week and do power lifting. If I so much as step on a cat toy the wrong way getting out of bed I can be hosed for a week.

I used to rock climb and I have had my fair share of tumbles too.

Spain was full of idiot British tourists jumping onto swimming pools from balconies and fracturing their legs or missing and breaking every bone in their body. Why the gently caress do people do this.

According to my friend in Portstewart there are rescues on a regular basis there because lads with cans up there for a weekend decide to dive from heights into the sea. I think people get silly ideas about actions and consequences from watching films and alcohol likely quiets any nagging reservations they would otherwise have

This man also appears to have got silly ideas from films :laugh:

Catzilla
May 12, 2003

"Untie the queen"

Let me guess, the advantage is a giant bag of cash from the tories to shut the gently caress up about it?

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
The kind of loving action hero brain worms that makes you think you will single-handedly keep off a mob of angry people surrounding you from all directions at close range with a loving bow and arrow. It's a Weapon! That means i Win

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

Catzilla posted:

Let me guess, the advantage is a giant bag of cash from the tories to shut the gently caress up about it?

I would be very surprised if that's the case because their gravy train in Westminster was derailed when Boris took over. He didn't give a gently caress about his own rebel MPs nevermind the DUP. It's more likely imo that they are trying to sell a serious undermining of the union to their electorate because they are powerless to change it and are seen as partially responsible for it having massively overplayed their hand during May's time in office. That or they've discovered a way to make a load of sweet sweet cash out of it

jaete
Jun 21, 2009

Nap Ghost

crispix posted:

I would be very surprised if that's the case because their gravy train in Westminster was derailed when Boris took over. He didn't give a gently caress about his own rebel MPs nevermind the DUP. It's more likely imo that they are trying to sell a serious undermining of the union to their electorate because they are powerless to change it and are seen as partially responsible for it having massively overplayed their hand during May's time in office. That or they've discovered a way to make a load of sweet sweet cash out of it

My guess is that the DUP are slightly more sane than literally the entire conservative party, the literal entirety of which consists is completely 100% insane no-deal brexiters. I mean, it's a low bar to clear, but still

Such a not-100%-insane DUP would presumably want to limit the inevitable massive damage at least somewhat, hence their now-support for... I dunno, breaking up the UK or whatever the gently caress? :thats_brexit:

:brexit: <- underrated smiley tbh

Isomermaid
Dec 3, 2019

Swish swish, like a fish

Angepain posted:

The kind of loving action hero brain worms that makes you think you will single-handedly keep off a mob of angry people surrounding you from all directions at close range with a loving bow and arrow. It's a Weapon! That means i Win

in his head he's thinking "finally my chance to be Katniss Everdeen"

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

jaete posted:

My guess is that the DUP are slightly more sane than literally the entire conservative party, the literal entirety of which consists is completely 100% insane no-deal brexiters. I mean, it's a low bar to clear, but still

Such a not-100%-insane DUP would presumably want to limit the inevitable massive damage at least somewhat, hence their now-support for... I dunno, breaking up the UK or whatever the gently caress? :thats_brexit:

:brexit: <- underrated smiley tbh

They are absolutely nuts but a catastrophic no deal Brexit was always going to hit NI in a special way and they completely pissed away their chance to ensure it didn't happen

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
fatniss

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

crispix posted:

That or they've discovered a way to make a load of sweet sweet cash out of it
Maybe they've bought shares in whoever prints Irish passports.

jaete posted:

Pictured, the DUP being very sane:

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

He's the MP for Newmarket and gets a shitload of donations from the horse-racing industry. This was probably a major reason why Cheltenham went ahead.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

labour would be 20 points ahead without corbyn

https://twitter.com/TKispeter/status/1267021029370707969?s=20

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
https://twitter.com/Charliehind__/status/1266748290172891136

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

very specifically owned jess phillips

https://twitter.com/flying_rodent/status/1267031943704608768?s=20

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Jose posted:

I'd be a little bit worried about Starmer repeating Blairs win and legitimising the horrible shift to the right through public fatigue with the Tories except it's years until a election is required and poo poo making elections a sideshow will definitely pop off before then but also lol why would anyone vote Labour at this point?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i genuinely think one of labours biggest problems is how many extremely poo poo councillors it has

https://twitter.com/jonburkeUK/status/1266830312836923395?s=20

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Darth Walrus posted:

He's the MP for Newmarket and gets a shitload of donations from the horse-racing industry. This was probably a major reason why Cheltenham went ahead.

Ah, the answer is simple as always. Don’t look to idiocy until you’ve ruled out greed. but absolutely look there immediately then.

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

grim read in today's Sunday Times
this part stood out
"The conventional wisdom has it that Johnson did not recognise what his aide had done wrong, was unconcerned by his behaviour and did not realise the depth of public disquiet about his support for Cummings.

Conversations with more than a dozen ministers, officials, aides and allies of the prime minister make clear that in every regard this is wrong. Johnson was personally furious and knew he was taking a huge risk."
which just reconfirms the total patheticness of Johnson

but lol at the idea of Raab lamping Cummings. would be nice if it were true.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/they-are-tied-together-but-is-the-dominic-cummings-and-boris-johnson-show-over-9qgxxdlvz

quote:

There was a fleeting moment last week when Boris Johnson’s team felt as if it had time-travelled to Theresa May’s government — when a prime minister’s every action set leadership rivals plotting. As Johnson’s support for his senior aide Dominic Cummings — who had fled London during lockdown with his wife and child — caused the prime minister’s standing to plummet in the polls, word reached the whips that Jeremy Hunt, who lost the contest for Conservative leader last July, was phoning MPs.

“Hunt was calling around backbenchers asking what they thought,” a Tory adviser said. “He was saying, ‘I’m considering what I’m going to say.’ The perception from backbenchers was that this had leadership connotations. Hunt and others were using this to get in with people.”

Hunt says he is “done with” such ambitions, only spoke to members of the health select committee he chairs and points out that he publicly said Cummings should not resign.

In a WhatsApp message to her Blue Collar Conservatism group, the former cabinet minister Esther McVey — another leadership hopeful last year — was also counselling opinion. “I’m anxious to hear (in private) what people think about the Dominic Cummings situation and whether or not he needs to resign to protect the PM and the party,” she wrote, adding: “I would appreciate people not reply on here as it may leak.” In the time-honoured tradition, it then did so.

This weekend Johnson’s team is wondering not whether Cummings is going, but what the effects of his staying will be.

The affair was revealing: of the way Johnson’s top team does its business — with an unbridled aggression that can be self-defeating — and the reliance a highly centralised administration has on Cummings himself.

It also flushed out the degree to which a below-par Johnson is still leaning on others after his personal brush with the coronavirus. Yet the episode concealed just as much. The conventional wisdom has it that Johnson did not recognise what his aide had done wrong, was unconcerned by his behaviour and did not realise the depth of public disquiet about his support for Cummings.

Conversations with more than a dozen ministers, officials, aides and allies of the prime minister make clear that in every regard this is wrong. Johnson was personally furious and knew he was taking a huge risk.

The question now is whether this was a pragmatic act of self-preservation or the moment the prime minister forfeited public trust and sowed the seeds of his own destruction.

Cabinet ministers believe the “Domnishambles” was caused as much by the cover-up as the original offence. When Downing Street was contacted on May 22 by The Guardian and the Daily Mirror, which were set to reveal that Cummings had fled to his parents’ home in Durham at the height of the lockdown, Cummings’s instinct was to ignore the story.

“He refused to comment and banned anyone else from commenting,” said one source. “His attitude was that this was a non-story, it’s left-wing papers and they can go f*** themselves. It was a five-day lesson in crisis mismanagement.”

The following day Downing Street issued a statement saying Cummings had gone north when his wife fell ill with coronavirus symptoms because he needed help to care for their four-year-old son. Grant Shapps, the transport secretary, was sent out to say that once in Durham, Cummings had remained locked down.

Behind the scenes, Mark Spencer, the chief whip, and Ben Gascoigne, Johnson’s personal aide, contacted cabinet ministers asking them to tweet their support. Those in Johnson’s Covid-19 “quad” did so. Of the others, one said: “Dom has never been interested in my view. Why would he care if I’m backing him now?”

Even Cummings’s fans say he has never bothered to woo MPs. Andrew Bridgen, who defended him on television last week, observed: “They say if you want a friend in politics, get a dog — well, Cummings would kick the dog as well.”

Those further down the ladder received messages in which stick was more prominent than carrot. “The whips were saying you will have no future unless you get out there and back him,” said one MP.

The whips had rivals, however, with enemies of Cummings accused of seeking to drum up support for MPs to break cover and say he should resign. Penny Mordaunt, a Cabinet Office minister, has been dubbed “Poison Pen” for telling her constituents there were “inconsistencies” in Cummings’s account. Helen Whately, the care minister, and Alicia Kearns, a newly elected MP, are also suspected of disloyalty.

When it emerged last weekend that Cummings had taken a day trip to Barnard Castle in Co Durham, the initial defence was in tatters. Johnson, friends say, was angry with his most important aide but, like Cummings, never felt he should go.

“He understood what Dom did was wrong — both the original offence and the comms [communications] that followed it,” said one ally.

A Whitehall source added: “His view was, ‘I am buggered if I am going to be forced into firing an aide,’ but that doesn’t mean he is well disposed towards Dom. He’s extremely pissed off with him because he scooted off [to Durham] without telling him. Boris himself didn’t choose to decamp to Chequers when he was sick, which he could have done.”

One who knows Johnson well said: “I think at the root of all this is libertarianism.” The source added: “He doesn’t actually believe in locking everyone down. He knows he needs to, but he understands why people might transgress and he can’t bring himself to criticise it.”

Johnson also shared with Cummings a key world view. “They’re not two peas in a pod but where they do meet is on the idea of apologies,” a Tory source said. “Boris has always been clear that he doesn’t ever say sorry.”

Last Sunday morning Johnson called in Cummings and made him give a full account of his movements. He and his closest aides, including Lee Cain, the communications director, held a crisis meeting and agreed that Johnson should try to draw a line under the affair. “The idea was that he would make clear that he was satisfied with Dom’s account and try to shut it down,” said one insider.

But after being pounded with questions at a press conference on Sunday afternoon, Johnson had failed. “Boris took one for the team,” an official added. “After that press conference he came out and said that he had had his arse whipped live on national television and told Dom he would have to do the same.”

To make matters worse, several aides say Sir Patrick Vallance, the chief scientific adviser, and Chris Whitty, the chief medical officer, had refused to back him up publicly. “Whitty and Vallance refused to do the presser [press conference],” one ministerial aide said.

Ministers were also in revolt. “The cabinet moved in and said, ‘He has got to apologise, he has got to do something,’” a senior Tory said.

The decision that Cummings should make his own public appearance was confirmed at another crisis meeting on Monday morning. Cummings agreed, admitting the public reaction was worse than he had expected. “It has cut through,” he said.

But even Cummings’s allies could not persuade him to apologise. In the No 10 rose garden that afternoon, he said: “I don’t regret what I did.”

“He wouldn’t say sorry,” a source familiar with the discussions said. “The expectation in Downing Street was that the word ‘sorry’ would pass his lips for failing to clear things up earlier. But he wouldn’t do it and there was no one who could make him do it.”

Johnson was again in a foul mood, making clear his displeasure at having to do another press conference afterwards. “He was voicing what many people felt that we’ve all had a long couple of days,” said the source. As Johnson expressed regret for the “confusion and the anger and the pain that people feel” rather than the offence, a cabinet minister told a friend: “Why have we got the prime minister on television apologising for a special adviser. It’s insane.”

However, many ministers had concluded things had now gone too far for Johnson to ditch Cummings, “because it will all fall apart if he goes”, a senior Tory said. Priti Patel, the home secretary, was quickly in touch with the Metropolitan police commissioner, Dame Cressida Dick, when a mob turned up outside Cummings’s north London home.

One of Cummings’s Vote Leave fraternity said: “We need him. We took three years to get the gang in there. We can’t throw that away now.” When one of his acolytes was asked what would happen if Cummings shot someone dead in the street, the reply came: “It would depend whether anyone saw him do it.”

Cummings is a little “chastened” by events but now appears unsackable. He sits in whatever meetings he pleases and is blamed by cabinet ministers for killing audiences with Johnson and filtering the flow of papers and information to the prime minister.

Growing in volume is the view that Johnson needs all the help he can get because he is still far from recovered from the virus. Those who watched his halting performance in front of the Commons liaison committee on Wednesday saw a man tired, irritable and struggling with detail.

“These stories about Boris being fed up with the job are all true,” a Whitehall source said. “He really isn’t very well. Boris is simply not operating as Boris.” Ministers say Johnson has been occasionally forgetful in meetings and was initially “unsighted” on aspects of the government’s quarantine policy.

The shock of the Cummings affair for MPs and ministers is that two populists who appeared to have an almost mystical understanding of the public mood seem to have misjudged voter fury at the “do as we say, not as we do” approach to lockdown. Some MPs received more than 1,500 emails of complaint. “I have never known anything that cuts through like this in my life,” a former No 10 aide said.

By Friday the atmosphere was so febrile MPs were sharing rumours in their WhatsApp groups that Dominic Raab, the foreign secretary, had punched Cummings in a fight broken up by Michael Gove, a claim variously dismissed as “not true”, “complete invention” and “total bollocks” by senior figures.

A veteran backbencher said: “The problem is that there are 109 new MPs who have not been under fire before. Steady in the ranks!”

Johnson will respond this week to the criticism that too many ministers have been excluded from key decisions by setting up a new Covid-19 war cabinet modelled on the two Brexit cabinet committees.

The quad of senior ministers — Gove, Raab, Matt Hancock and Rishi Sunak — will be bolstered by Alok Sharma, the business secretary, and Patel on the coronavirus strategy committee, also a response to criticism that there were no women at the top table. Gove will chair a second, “operations” committee, just as he does on preparations for a no-deal Brexit.

Most believe Cummings will at least remain long enough to ensure Britain does not seek an extension of the transition phase past December 31. But some Tories fear Johnson has been materially damaged by his defence of Cummings, coupled with lingering doubts about the government’s handling of the virus and the threat of a catastrophic recession.

“I feel like we are living through a prolonged Black Wednesday and we are now in the John Major premiership,” said one senior Tory. “The chances of Boris leading us into the next election have fallen massively.”

Perhaps Hunt and McVey should keep their phones on.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Personally the US news of people wrecking the fash is welcome because it's nice to have some good news for once.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

meanwhile in lockdown

https://twitter.com/RuthTingay/status/1266841137580564494?s=20

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
https://elemental.medium.com/corona...---------------

Coronavirus May Be a Blood Vessel Disease, Which Explains Everything.

“All these Covid-associated complications were a mystery. We see blood clotting, we see kidney damage, we see inflammation of the heart, we see stroke, we see encephalitis [swelling of the brain],” says William Li, MD, president of the Angiogenesis Foundation. “A whole myriad of seemingly unconnected phenomena that you do not normally see with SARS or H1N1 or, frankly, most infectious diseases.”

“If you start to put all of the data together that’s emerging, it turns out that this virus is probably a vasculotropic virus, meaning that it affects the [blood vessels],” says Mandeep Mehra, MD, medical director of the Brigham and Women’s Hospital Heart and Vascular Center.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

All the farmers around here are using it as an opportunity to say the land is closed. Blocking gates, building new fences in the name of 'bio security'

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Farmers wouldn't know biosecurity if it slapped them in the face, the cunts.

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.

Jose posted:

Tbh this is no different from Corbyn saying "freedom of movement will end"- using your status as opposition to weasel out of having a clear principled stance because it's out of your hands isn't new.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Brit goons can you confirm this

https://www.smh.com.au/world/europe/britain-could-only-cope-with-five-cases-a-week-papers-reveal-20200531-p54y5f.html

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I'm having a bit of trouble understanding what it's saying to be honest.

They're supposedly doing something like 70-100 thousand tests a day, and as far as I know they haven't started the tracing system yet.

It seems to be talking about february and the initial outbreak rather than now.

I would certainly buy the idea that there was virtually no tracing system in place at that time.

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 12:14 on May 31, 2020

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Coohoolin posted:

Tbh this is no different from Corbyn saying "freedom of movement will end"- using your status as opposition to weasel out of having a clear principled stance because it's out of your hands isn't new.

How dare you? The man is barely cold in the ground and you besmirch his sainted name, so?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Coohoolin posted:

Stating you have 5 tests for ending lockdown and being questioned on why you support ending lockdown despite none of the tests being met is worse

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
That's loving awful, what's the point of those loving tests and how can you decide to go on telly to say you don't give a gently caress about them and not have even a half formed excuse for why you no longer give a gently caress about them. Even some of the government's own scientific advisors are publicly saying it's unsafe to lift the lockdown, it's not a particularly radical opinion

we all know it's not your decision your make but the loving point of the opposition is to say what the government's doing wrong, because nothing is your decision

They're not even following Sir Keir's patented and very forensic technique of saying "well the government says this blatantly untrue thing is actually true, so we'll hold them to that ;)"

honestly disgusting, they probably just don't want the tabloids to say they're raining on "Happy Monday", which is not going to look good when we have to rebrand it "bloody Monday" in a month or so

e: lol Dodds just retweeted this thread where they've trimmed the tests down to 3

https://twitter.com/labourpress/status/1267046287981109249?s=20

interesting how it doesn't say what the implications of all this stuff being necessary for safe reopening, all this stuff not being ready, and us reopening on Monday are :thunk:

E2: is it head shaming to make fun of this guy's really awful hairpiece?

https://twitter.com/BobbyBrexit1/status/1267047770080362501?s=20

XMNN fucked around with this message at 12:41 on May 31, 2020

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I'm not sure everyone going back to work on a monday even makes it happy to begin with tbh.

Bobstar
Feb 8, 2006

KartooshFace, you are not responding efficiently!

Whit Monday is a bank holiday here, so I'll be very happy :smuggo:

(it's also the last bank holiday we get before Christmas :smith:)

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

XMNN posted:

That's loving awful, what's the point of those loving tests and how can you decide to go on telly to say you don't give a gently caress about them and not have even a half formed excuse for why you no longer give a gently caress about them. Even some of the government's own scientific advisors are publicly saying it's unsafe to lift the lockdown, it's not a particularly radical opinion

we all know it's not your decision your make but the loving point of the opposition is to say what the government's doing wrong, because nothing is your decision

They're not even following Sir Keir's patented and very forensic technique of saying "well the government says this blatantly untrue thing is actually true, so we'll hold them to that ;)"

honestly disgusting, they probably just don't want the tabloids to say they're raining on "Happy Monday", which is not going to look good when we have to rebrand it "bloody Monday" in a month or so

e: lol Dodds just retweeted this thread where they've trimmed the tests down to 3

https://twitter.com/labourpress/status/1267046287981109249?s=20

interesting how it doesn't say what the implications of all this stuff being necessary for safe reopening, all this stuff not being ready, and us reopening on Monday are :thunk:

nah Labour need to get back to the normal business of UK politicking which is focussing on short term PR and behind the scenes deals. so yeah thats what they were saying the other day, its not what they're saying today, its a totally new media landscape today which is more important than the state of objective reality.

luckily covid has shown the UK government and media is a sham. the government is unaccountable but also not real enough to manufacture paper masks even with almost total control of parliament.
a croby government woulda been lovely but he was stupid enough to believe himself accountable and would still have taken over a government machine incapable of making masks let alone reshaping society. throw in an inimical establishment and nothing woulda got done

sir haircut is very depressing but at the end of the day they're just fighting over who gets to go on telly as the nation's carcass is implacably hollowed out by worms

... probably time for a coffee

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
Someone should make a list of all the ways Keir's band of impotent cretins roll out a version of "Striking is wrong at this time" over the duration of this crisis.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
They really have a thing for bullet points don't they

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
https://twitter.com/ldnrentersunion/status/1267062018110107650?s=21

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.
Remember when Labour had six tests and then silently dropped the most important one ('exact same benefits', i.e. freedom of movement, as Cooholin says) in order to have the five condition talks with May (and defuse charges that Labour was sabotaging Brexit)

and May met those five tests by pledging a soft Brexit, and so Labour promptly backed out of the talks on the argument that May couldn't push such a soft-Brexit deal through her own cabinet (quietly ignoring the point that if May had Labour on-side she wouldn't need the ERG votes)

(note carefully that from the perspective of tactically forcing the Tories to own their Tory Brexit, Corbyn was playing his opposition cards very well here. It's nonetheless still true, of course, that Labour was playing politics with the livelihoods of the huge number of EU residents in Britain in order to score cheap victories, and in the event all its five dimensional chess failed to stop hard Brexit, stop any Brexit, or install a Labour government, anyway)

Labour does not want to be 'the lockdown party', anyway; it wants to be the 'scientific advice'/'people's safety' party (see also: angling desperately not to be sabotaging Brexit, 52% be damned). Being the opposition is always tricky. Then again, the perk is that one is less likely to punish Labour for vacillation. There were single-issue Brexit voters but there can't be single-issue lockdown voters, or at least not as many, one supposes

ronya fucked around with this message at 13:35 on May 31, 2020

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

crispix posted:

They really have a thing for bullet points don't they

yep here's starmer with yet more

https://twitter.com/Keir_Starmer/status/1266844557750276098?s=20

https://twitter.com/Keir_Starmer/status/1266844562074603523?s=20

hmm, so seeing as they're clearly not following the science, haven't given any real indication that they're likely to reimpose measures quickly and don't have a test and trace system in place, it's clearly very risky to lift the lockdown tomorrow so they should maybe not do that, right Kier?

https://twitter.com/Keir_Starmer/status/1266844563341279237?s=20

oh, actually it's just another "test" and I guess we'll just have to see what happens. But at least you'll be a bit cross with them if they end up killing tens of thousands of people when they said they wouldn't and you were holding them to that promise.

probably not, that would be playing party politics with a national tragedy or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

The only time may offered a genuinely soft brexit it was change UK and the lib Dems who killed it ronya