Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
All my addons done been broken by the update!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Chomp8645 posted:

All my addons done been broken by the update!!!

Use Minion to update - only one that I am aware of still broken is the minimap which can be fixed with some edits that are documented on the esoui site.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

FileNotFound posted:

Use Minion to update - only one that I am aware of still broken is the minimap which can be fixed with some edits that are documented on the esoui site.

I just changed over to votens minimap which works without issue.

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

Eimi posted:

Ah, cool I'm @Eimisa

I just invited you. Check your notifications (hit N) when you log in next.

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France
Creator of the Code Napoleon
Conqueror of the Ziggy Piggy

Lima posted:

You've also got an invite to Deconstruct Circle Jerk, the crafting guild for Chill Bros

SoUncool
Oct 21, 2010
Played a few years ago. I'm thinking of picking this up again and playing with some goonbros. Can I play as an Orc in the Ebonheart Pact? Or are races still tied to alliances?

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

SoUncool posted:

Played a few years ago. I'm thinking of picking this up again and playing with some goonbros. Can I play as an Orc in the Ebonheart Pact? Or are races still tied to alliances?
They are. There's a crown store thing that lets you play whoever wherever, though.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Lima posted:

Bonapartisan posted:

You've also got an invite to Deconstruct Circle Jerk, the crafting guild for Chill Bros

Thanks!

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

any good starter gear setups for doing pvp? i wanted to give it a try but i havent really done any aside from however long i needed to do it to unlock vigor on my stamplar. and alot of that involved flailing around helplessly firing arrows all over the place.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

So does the stamina/magika system set a hard divide between melee and ranged playstyles? Like if I want to deal damage with spells am I just locked into using a staff since that scales with magika, or will I be able to find any melee weapons that deal magic damage? Or I guess if there's a skill combo that combines that. And I'm assuming trying to split the difference is a bad idea or is that feasible?

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
Class skills can have stamina and magicka morphs. For instance the Dragonknight's Fire Breath ability is magicka based by default, but has a morph that turns it into a stamina based skill. Destruction and Restoration staff skills are magicka based. Bows and melee weapons are stamina based.

If you want to be a melee magicka guy you can play a Templar built around their magic spear skills, but I think you'd still want a destruction staff for the spell pen debuff and wall of elements to proc your weapon enchants.

I think for magicka builds you usually go all in on the one stat. Not sure how you spec for melee, tanking, or pvp

Diephoon fucked around with this message at 01:48 on May 29, 2020

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

ASenileAnimal posted:

any good starter gear setups for doing pvp? i wanted to give it a try but i havent really done any aside from however long i needed to do it to unlock vigor on my stamplar. and alot of that involved flailing around helplessly firing arrows all over the place.

Speaking to a few pvp players still sticking around, the go-to for stamina PvP now is Warrior's Fury/New Moon Acolyte/Balorgh or Selene's. If you really do want to go down this rabbit hole I can give you the names of a few good stamplar players still around for you to check out.

Eimi posted:

So does the stamina/magika system set a hard divide between melee and ranged playstyles? Like if I want to deal damage with spells am I just locked into using a staff since that scales with magika, or will I be able to find any melee weapons that deal magic damage? Or I guess if there's a skill combo that combines that. And I'm assuming trying to split the difference is a bad idea or is that feasible?

Unfortunately yes, the stam/mag dynamic pretty much locks you into specific weapon styles if you want to be effective, although you don't necessarily have to be fully ranged as a mag user or right in people's faces as a stam user (stam can still main bow). Hybrids are generally not recommended because it also forces you to split your CP into more trees which reduces its effectiveness.

Supposedly there was a One-Hand and Rune skill line datamined a while back but it'll probably never see the light of day given how easily ZOS can poo poo up even the simplest of things.

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

Finished this piece pretty fast. The leads from IC Sewers, Spindleclutch and Crypt of Hearts all dropped on the first try.
The two leads from the pub dungeons took less than 10 boss kills each.

It's theoretically possible to dig the pieces up at skillrank 7, but it got pretty easy at rank 8.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Is there no way to get the new expansion with crowns? Is paying cash the only option even if you have ESO plus?

Natsuumi
Jun 13, 2003

Natsuumi's gone.
I'm Cherlene now.

Chomp8645 posted:

Is there no way to get the new expansion with crowns? Is paying cash the only option even if you have ESO plus?

Only older expansions/DLC can be bought for crowns. Not the newest.

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

Scyantific posted:

Speaking to a few pvp players still sticking around, the go-to for stamina PvP now is Warrior's Fury/New Moon Acolyte/Balorgh or Selene's. If you really do want to go down this rabbit hole I can give you the names of a few good stamplar players still around for you to check out.

sure post any vids you have. i tried a few battlegrounds matches and did ok but not great. i have to work on breaking the habit of spamming jabs over and over. right now im using hundings 7th legion and selene. also godamn dragonknights own the poo poo out of me

GarudaPrime
May 19, 2006

THE PANTS ARE FANCY!
Sorry if this has been posted a bunch, but I'm returning and I only own the base game on ps4, I have about 10k crows and own a few of the first dlcs. Should I buy Elswer or will that be free when the new xpac drops the 9th. Basically am I wasting my money buying Elswer now? If I do return, I will be resubbing to eso plus I imagine.

Graveyardstick
Nov 18, 2007

Are you too depressed to finish biting through that piece of toast?
If you're getting eso+ Elsweyr will be included in that now that the new expansion has come out, so save your crowns for other fun things instead

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

GarudaPrime posted:

Sorry if this has been posted a bunch, but I'm returning and I only own the base game on ps4, I have about 10k crows and own a few of the first dlcs. Should I buy Elswer or will that be free when the new xpac drops the 9th. Basically am I wasting my money buying Elswer now? If I do return, I will be resubbing to eso plus I imagine.

Hit me up if you want me to make you some training gear. DocZero

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
How does getting xpacs work? I thought each time a DLC released, the ones before it went free or something? Apparently that’s not the case though.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

GreatGreen posted:

How does getting xpacs work? I thought each time a DLC released, the ones before it went free or something? Apparently that’s not the case though.
No, they go into the crown store. All the zone/dungeon DLC is also unlocked with eso+.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

So to get all the current content you'd just need a sub and to buy Greymoor?

JadaX
Nov 25, 2008

Eimi posted:

So to get all the current content you'd just need a sub and to buy Greymoor?

Yes, it's basically like WoW, except you can play without a sub (base content and any dlcs you bought will be playable).

For the latest expansion you need to buy it to play that content.

Buying a sub gives you all content in the game excluding the latest expansion.

JadaX fucked around with this message at 18:38 on May 31, 2020

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Sent you a PS4 friend request DocZero.

If we have any other PS4 players, add me — “literallygary”

omg chael crash fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Jun 1, 2020

ExParrot
May 6, 2013

Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?
The update has inspired me to get back into this now that vampires are cool and useful again. What's the general verdict on the new skill line and the fact you have to feed of people every four hours to maintain the perks?

Reclaimer
Sep 3, 2011

Pierced through the heart
but never killed

ExParrot posted:

The update has inspired me to get back into this now that vampires are cool and useful again. What's the general verdict on the new skill line and the fact you have to feed of people every four hours to maintain the perks?

Honestly pretty into it, but you kind of have to build around the skills rather than just make use of the free extra passives like before. Makes for interesting PVP builds, if not finely-tuned meta builds (yet), and there's a lot for a tank to love there too. Blood Mist for example could trivialize a lot of endgame content.

Saul Kain
Dec 5, 2018

Lately it occurs to me,

what a long, strange trip it's been.

I just got finished installing. I picked this game up back in 2016 but didn’t do much with it. Now I find myself wanting a long game I can play on the couch with a controller. We have a newborn and I do have 30 minute stretches where I can play while I watch her.

What would be a good class and build for leveling and experiencing story content solo?

I haven’t bought any of the expansions. Is Greymoor worth picking up?

How necessary is eso+? Do you level faster?

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

Saul Kain posted:

I just got finished installing. I picked this game up back in 2016 but didn’t do much with it. Now I find myself wanting a long game I can play on the couch with a controller. We have a newborn and I do have 30 minute stretches where I can play while I watch her.

What would be a good class and build for leveling and experiencing story content solo?

I haven’t bought any of the expansions. Is Greymoor worth picking up?

1. Pretty much anything, really. I've played a night blade to mid-level, and a Sorc and a Warden to CL230 or so. So far, the Warden has been the most survivable. Sorcerers can also be next to impossible to kill, but you have to max them I think, and you have to pay attention to what you are doing. Warden is a lot more forgiving if you aren't going to be watching timers like a hawk. I tried Templar and it seems pretty solid and forgiving, but the class didn't really grab me for some reason.

2. Hard to say. Literally just came out on PC and comes out next week on consoles. The prologue was pretty neat.

3. Yes you do get 10% EXP bonus from ESO+. It's not strictly necessary but it's absolutely worth it for the bonuses you get. On the other hand, plenty of people don't bother and level up and experience high-level content. There's enough in the game to keep you busy for a year. If crafting is your jam, it's going to be a PITA without ESO+ though.

Doctor Zero fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Jun 1, 2020

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Saul Kain posted:

Anything but a tank.

Saul Kain posted:

You get 10% more gold, XP and trait research speed for crafting, double furniture slots for homes and 1,650 premium currency per month. You also get access to all story content and most dungeons, except the newest expansion. But the main draw seens to be the bottomless crafting bag.

There's a ton of story content even without the DLC, though.

SplitSoul fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Jun 1, 2020

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Consumables have obvious utility, but is gear crafting a thing in this game? I ask as someone still leveling. It's pointless right now because you get so many blues and purples thrown at you anyway that there is no reason to bother crafting something you'll quickly out level anyway.

Does crafted gear actually compare with stuff you get from trials/dungeons/whatever at CP160?

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

Chomp8645 posted:

Consumables have obvious utility, but is gear crafting a thing in this game? I ask as someone still leveling. It's pointless right now because you get so many blues and purples thrown at you anyway that there is no reason to bother crafting something you'll quickly out level anyway.

Does crafted gear actually compare with stuff you get from trials/dungeons/whatever at CP160?

The second answer is, no, not really. Some builds do suggest Item Set crafted gear as an entry point once you hit 50, but it's quickly replaced by dungeon and world drops.

It is a thing, but you don't have to focus on it. You can get by just fine on what you pick up, especially if you prioritize Training gear. You will level faster if you craft a full set of gear with Training, but that would be a huge drain of skills on your first leveling character, and guilds and friends can craft them for you if you want.

I should note that crafting does give you daily quests that have decent rewards and lots of cash so, you will still see plenty of people doing it, but it's not absolutely required.

Doctor Zero fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Jun 1, 2020

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

Reclaimer posted:

Honestly pretty into it, but you kind of have to build around the skills rather than just make use of the free extra passives like before. Makes for interesting PVP builds, if not finely-tuned meta builds (yet), and there's a lot for a tank to love there too. Blood Mist for example could trivialize a lot of endgame content.

I've seen a few go for prismatic weapon enchants lately for pvp. The vampire killing kind :v:

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Some crafted gear can be decent even at 160, but it's pretty niche. Aside from training gear crafted gear is also useful for twinking.

The main draw for crafting are enchants, writs for crafting quests, improving gear rarity, consumables and furniture.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Man these Psijic Order quests are bad. There's some dodgy quests but "go run a million miles to click the nine things without engaging in any narrative or actual gameplay" is pushing it. I just want some cool skills...

edit: oh neat I just looked up the exact locations for the next one and I have to explore 3 entire zones rather than 1 now.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Deformed Church posted:

Man these Psijic Order quests are bad. There's some dodgy quests but "go run a million miles to click the nine things without engaging in any narrative or actual gameplay" is pushing it. I just want some cool skills...

edit: oh neat I just looked up the exact locations for the next one and I have to explore 3 entire zones rather than 1 now.

It seemed to me like the Psijic Order quest line was supposed to be more like the Thieves Guild or Dark Brotherhood in terms of structure but got cut down. The quests we did get feel like they were originally meant to be dailies.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Deformed Church posted:

Map Pins marks the locations for you, if you're on PC. If you're on console then goondolences I guess.

Also, Psijic was much less of a grind than having to do poo poo like Thieves/Dark Brotherhood/Mages/Fighter's Guild

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

It's just time consuming and utterly devoid of reward. Even if the material rewards are junk, most of the sidequests at least come with a little story, and have a fight where I get to press my buttons and dodge a red circle. I've played idle games that were more rewarding than finding another nine breaches.

Saul Kain
Dec 5, 2018

Lately it occurs to me,

what a long, strange trip it's been.

So, I’m thinking of rolling a pet sorc build. Anyone have a barebones guide to one with no champ points?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Saul Kain posted:

So, I’m thinking of rolling a pet sorc build. Anyone have a barebones guide to one with no champ points?

https://alcasthq.com/eso-magicka-sorcerer-beginner-guide/
https://alcasthq.com/eso-magicka-sorcerer-pet-build-pve/

ignore everything that references gear and champion points until you're ready

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

Can vouch for those. Although I went mag sorc with just the twilight matron and used the solo build from the same site.