Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

smite's designs piss me off because so many cool things could be done with divine beings but they went the shittiest, laziest route with it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Johnny Joestar posted:

smite's designs piss me off because so many cool things could be done with divine beings but they went the shittiest, laziest route with it

Hi rez games . Txt

DNK
Sep 18, 2004

New Clinkz feels really good in the lane (depending on matchups can go either mid or safe with a strong support), but man his new ult skeletons do absolutely nothing.

quote:

Burning Army now deals 24/26/28% of your attack damage instead of 80/100/120% of your base damage.

His lategame suffers immensely for it. If you take your lane advantage to an item build like Deso + Scythe you can dominate the map, but he’s still incredibly squishy. Almost any of the current meta dominators can 100-0 you, and offlaners (and carries!) will have too much armor for you to threaten. It’s sad.

I want the old ult to come back. 28% damage hits (spread across the entire enemy team) is fuckin garbo.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Johnny Joestar posted:

Yup exactly. "Uhh it's just a person???"

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
today I'm officially 5 years dota 2 clean

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

DNK posted:

New Clinkz feels really good in the lane (depending on matchups can go either mid or safe with a strong support), but man his new ult skeletons do absolutely nothing.

His lategame suffers immensely for it. If you take your lane advantage to an item build like Deso + Scythe you can dominate the map, but he’s still incredibly squishy. Almost any of the current meta dominators can 100-0 you, and offlaners (and carries!) will have too much armor for you to threaten. It’s sad.

I want the old ult to come back. 28% damage hits (spread across the entire enemy team) is fuckin garbo.

yeah even with a nice 6-slot it's like 60% as much damage as the old one, and it makes the aghs lovely too

I wonder about going deso + AC, -17 armor on your target seems pretty nice but AC is expensive. Haven't tried it yet though

DNK
Sep 18, 2004

My 1 position power ranking based on like 100 1 position games in 7.23:

Always a good pick:
Ursa
Drow
Tiny

Situationally a good pick:
Phantom Lancer
Void Spirit
Viper
Timbersaw
Antimage
Faceless Void
Sven

Okay, I guess:
Terrorblade
Naga

Win the lane, lose the game:
Clinkz

I loving suck at them, but they’re decent:
Slark

Just bad:
Troll Warlord
Phantom Assassin
Necrophos

The meta right now shits on the safelane really hard. It’s like snapfire + venomancer all up in your poo poo 24/7. Midgame teamfights are also insanely hosed due to snapfire ult, treant protector slows, and venomancer poison. You need to be bursty and mobile or you’re going to die. You’d think PA fits well here, but I think there’s some kinda strange armor inflation going on with all the neutral items that makes her feel really underpowered with just Deso, and then you need BKB as well, and then you’re not farming as well as the others...

My unusually successful hero in the safelane has been Viper. That hero loving dominates and isn’t nearly as level-dependent as he was before. One point in nethertoxin allows you to easily farm the jungle, and his talents got swapped around so you’re able to pick up +90 damage at 20 — just when you’re starting to feel a bit lacking.

DNK fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Dec 17, 2019

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005
https://twitter.com/GarlicCorgi/status/1207416093868019714?s=19

power treads are real

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

What are some good counters to Viper? I used to feel like I had pretty good meta knowledge years and years ago when I really played DOTA heavily, started playing again recently and I am just so bad now. Both mechanically and all the heroes have changed so much; every time I single - triple queue we always seem to get hosed on by this guy and I have no idea how to deal with him.

DNK
Sep 18, 2004

Avoid him and farm. Viper is insanely strong from like level 1-15 and then turns into a slow, sustained-damage seigeboat at best.

Any hero that can waveclear from safety (Lina, KOTL, pango, there’s tons) can stall out the game until that point is hit.

Also: Lifestealer loving eats him alive. Viper cannot so a single damned thing to lifestealer and doesn’t have the mobility to escape him. Just get like armlet deso and click him.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

also really just any illusion based hero, viper's only AOE is nethertoxin and vipers do not build around how much mana it takes to spam that

Ezzer
Aug 5, 2011

TheFlyingLlama posted:

vipers do not build around how much mana it takes to spam that

I did :(

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
https://dotesports.com/dota-2/news/saudi-arabias-crown-prince-has-spent-over-6000-on-the-international-2020-battle-pass

Turns out MBS is a dota nerd.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

He's done that for years, lol.

He even got a formal invitation to TI9 iirc.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

quote:

There are a lot of things that can be called into question about the Saudi Arabian Prince, but his willingness to spend money on Dota is unquestionable.

Hard hitting journalism from dotesports there

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

That's not MBS, it's some other Saudi failson princeling. That guy drops tens of thousands into his battlepass every year.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Did they get the name wrong in the article? Because Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz al-Saud is MBS's full name.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Saudi Arabia's always trying to astroturf. They ran commercials on TV at one point trying to say 'Hey, we're just like you!' (except for the whole thing about hereditary monarchy and amputating people's hands I guess)

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Yeah they got the name wrong, Abdullah is the one who's really into Dota.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salman_bin_Abdulaziz_bin_Salman_Al_Saud
e: not a reliable source but just to demonstrate it's a separate person to MBS

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i never realized how much i enjoyed playing enchantress until just recently, and uh. people really don't know how to deal with impetus, do they?

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

SPROINK

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

As a terrible player impetus sucks

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

it's hilarious to get it maxed as soon as possible and just use it early on in lane to harass legit any hero that isn't inherently beefy to begin with. and since the usual urge is to run away from attacks they're basically guaranteed to take good damage from it. throw in an enchant on them and you and a lane partner can get some good early kills from that alone. 55% slow at every rank is no joke.

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

I've been playint turbos flat out whne I'm not in lpq, it's unbalanced as hell but heck, I have fun spamming void spirit

Mid_Ben
Apr 10, 2008
Is there a goon guild for this battle pass BS?

Also, the discord server link in the OP doesn't work anymore, is there a new link for Goon DOTA?

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

Mid_Ben posted:

Is there a goon guild for this battle pass BS?

Also, the discord server link in the OP doesn't work anymore, is there a new link for Goon DOTA?

There is an lljk chat channel and a GOON guild. For what it's worth, it looks like we might miss the entire first week's worth of guild missions because of lack of guild grouping/successful scanning.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Johnny Joestar posted:

i never realized how much i enjoyed playing enchantress until just recently, and uh. people really don't know how to deal with impetus, do they?
Yeah, I pick Enchantress as a 4 and just spend the first 10 minutes grinning like an idiot.

It seems less effective as a core, since as a core you have to also hit creeps and can't just dance in and out of the trees as Impetus comes off cooldown, and her problems against burst damage and BKB cores are more of an issue later in the game when you represent more of your team's net worth.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Why the gently caress is impetus not her ult anymore. Icefraud...

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Groovelord Neato posted:

Why the gently caress is impetus not her ult anymore. Icefraud...

Impetus was originally a basic skill. You're the fraud here.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i'm also fine with it being a basic skill because once you come online with rank 4 in it and no cooldown you can just immediately start to rip through most heroes and it's kind of hilarious to watch

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Kild posted:

Impetus was originally a basic skill. You're the fraud here.

And Undying used to have Heartstopper aura!

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Turbo DOTA is dumb, but I was limited on time tonight and wanted to play a game. It seems like a really easy way to rack up my body count for this Wraith King arcana... Might have to play it more :staredog:

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

Can't hurt to at least play through your axe consumables.

Chimp_On_Stilts
Aug 31, 2004
Holy Hell.

ILL Machina posted:

There is an lljk chat channel and a GOON guild. For what it's worth, it looks like we might miss the entire first week's worth of guild missions because of lack of guild grouping/successful scanning.

I've been trying to get into the guild for like a week but activity in lljk chat is rare enough that nobody has been on who can invite me yet.

Maybe just open the guild up to the public? Are randos really going to crowd our dumb guild?

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

Chimp_On_Stilts posted:

I've been trying to get into the guild for like a week but activity in lljk chat is rare enough that nobody has been on who can invite me yet.

Maybe just open the guild up to the public? Are randos really going to crowd our dumb guild?

Friend one of the officers on steam and message em. No one is reading that chat in guild because there is guild chat.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Any idea how, if at all, overall number of games played effects match making?

I'm by no means like a good player, I have about 2500 games played and just slightly under a 50% win rate. Every time I party with my friends (all of whom have at least 300 games) we get paired with literally "I've played like 5 games" pubbies who have no clue how to play a MOBA. 7/10 times we get our poo poo absolutely stomped because no one in my stack has any idea how to play Support so I usually do that and then our typical carry player is just OK. 3/10 we absolutely stomp the other team. We almost never have an actual good game that feels balanced.

I've stopped playing with friends and now I'm on a 7-game win streak, most of them have been pretty good, close games with lots of back and forths, but more notably my teammates are actually competent. Like I played WK the other day and our Tusk triple stacked every single jungle camp for me and it was the most wonderful thing in the world.

At least 2 of the dudes I usually play with are in the 46% win rate range, FWIW :shrug:

Sab669 fucked around with this message at 13:50 on Jun 6, 2020

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i started playing again after like 4 years. are bets, bounties, tips and crawl missions the only way to get battle pass points? so everybody thats like level 100+ just bought that right?

being able to pick by active crawl mission is pretty neat though

also i tried a month of the dota plus thing and undying has a good plus/minus against seemingly every team lineup at my level

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

Super No Vacancy posted:

i started playing again after like 4 years. are bets, bounties, tips and crawl missions the only way to get battle pass points? so everybody thats like level 100+ just bought that right?

being able to pick by active crawl mission is pretty neat though

also i tried a month of the dota plus thing and undying has a good plus/minus against seemingly every team lineup at my level

Yeah if someone is 100+ they bought a lot of levels

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

sugar free jazz posted:

Yeah if someone is 100+ they bought a lot of levels
If you're going to buy any levels, you bought the 100 level pack with the battle pass; anyone in the low 100s probably just did that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ezzer
Aug 5, 2011

The "disruptive gameplay" report option should include "picked natures prophet and spent the entire game jungling and spamming ult"