Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

Nah, because when he's dead he finally shuts up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

Orange Devil posted:

Why the gently caress not?

honestly i can’t feel bad for wanting someone to die. if someone is attacking your community (which, propaganda is an assault imo) they either need to leave or die. maybe it’s just primate instinct but i definitely won’t feel guiltily about wishing harm on The Bad Guys

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

He shouldn't be so hard on himself. He's been worthless for decades.

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME

Orange Devil posted:

Why the gently caress not?

I'm just not that kind of person, I guess.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Ah, Twitter. You may be run by a Nazi, but this is going to infuriate Trump, and that's always a good time.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
When the Big Wet Boy and the RWM say that people should be "respecting George Floyd's memory", I know that they're basically just trying to Calm Hitler the discussion, but what do they think they mean by saying it? I mean, if you ask them how or what people should do to "respect his memory", what do they say?

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

Weatherman posted:

When the Big Wet Boy and the RWM say that people should be "respecting George Floyd's memory", I know that they're basically just trying to Calm Hitler the discussion, but what do they think they mean by saying it? I mean, if you ask them how or what people should do to "respect his memory", what do they say?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCUlE5ldPvM

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

Weatherman posted:

Stay at home, do nothing, and trust the system to do the white thing.

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

Weatherman posted:

Dedicate a park bench to him in six months.

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

Vichan posted:

I'm just not that kind of person, I guess.

It's not like wishing for something causes it to happen.

But if I'm at a party and someone is sticking their dick in the punch bowl, I want them to leave the party.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

For me I just think its a toxic personal way to live. For me. Maybe it isn't for others. Anger doesn't motivate or drive me. It confuses, clouds, and breaks me. It makes me a worse person to myself and those around me. So I try to convert it into something more productive that doesn't poison my own world. Its not as if I worry that my wishes have power or that I'll hurt someone who has no idea I exist's feelings.

That doesn't mean there isn't a part of me that wants to invite a bunch of people over the day Rush dies for steaks, scotch, cigars, and a toast to karma and poetic justice.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
"THUGS"

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

STAC Goat posted:

For me I just think its a toxic personal way to live. For me. Maybe it isn't for others. Anger doesn't motivate or drive me. It confuses, clouds, and breaks me. It makes me a worse person to myself and those around me. So I try to convert it into something more productive that doesn't poison my own world. Its not as if I worry that my wishes have power or that I'll hurt someone who has no idea I exist's feelings.

That doesn't mean there isn't a part of me that wants to invite a bunch of people over the day Rush dies for steaks, scotch, cigars, and a toast to karma and poetic justice.

I'm with you but am tired of getting old, turning the other cheek all the time and expected to constantly take the high road and "both sides" this bullshit. I have no problem stating that I will be happy when Rush Limbaugh dies and if I ever get to piss on his grave I'll do it. The damage he's done to this country in the name of "entertainment" will NEVER be undone in my lifetime. He has actively worked to make my 9 year old son's future more bleak. He is mean, lying, poisonous rear end in a top hat

He's made millions of dollars advocating for wars and telling people like me (bisexual male) and my gay friends that I/we deserve to go to hell and deserve AIDS or want special treatment under the law. He's paved the road for monetization of for his clones that somehow manage to be worse. He can't die soon enough for me and I honestly wish I believed in hell. The poo poo he's been spewing for 3 decades has led directly to the normalization and election of a person as morally bankrupt and abominable as Donald J Trump.

He can go gently caress himself and I won't mind if his death is painful one bit. I hope it is.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I mean, I'm not saying "both sides." I may not share a desire to revel in anger but that doesn't mean I don't share that anger or judge it as somehow equal to what created the anger. Its like the protests/riots. I don't agree with every action being made, but they're the symptom and response to the real problem. I'm not getting angry at the wrong person just because I don't want to be consumed by my anger at the real villains.

If that makes any sense.

Rush Limbaugh is an evil person who has made the world a worse place in a substantial real way and the world will be a better place when that piece of poo poo dies from his own self inflicted and ironically amusing disease. But that's gonna happen whether I get giddy about it or if I go try and do something I think is healthier for myself and hopefully beneficial to others. That's not always easy and I curse and yell more than I should but I think its a better way to try and live, at least for me. I've done it the other way and I don't think it worked.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

I believe in turning the other cheek and not sinking to their level.

I also understand that Rush wishes everyone not like him was dead. So it's entirely justifiable to wish the same for him.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/janerecker/status/1266594735126388744

https://twitter.com/Irmalinda___/status/1266597113309192192

https://mobile.twitter.com/Lukewearechange/status/1266606530075516933

Mr Ice Cream Glove fucked around with this message at 06:54 on May 30, 2020

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

paternity suitor posted:

It's not like wishing for something causes it to happen.

Obviously, I don't think that's a mentality that'd be healthy for me in the long run though.

EDIT: Everyone else is free to do whatever, of course. I don't want to give off that impression.

Vichan fucked around with this message at 10:19 on May 30, 2020

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Extremely cool that It Could Happen Here’s timeline is playing out exactly as it did in the podcast but at least 6 months ahead of schedule

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Rush has perpetuated so much evil, for purely selfish reasons, that humanizing / eulogizing him now feels like an accidental endorsement. It says there's a perspective from which his choices were somehow acceptable.

"Hey Rush, we were only play-fooling! You and your bullshit empire built of hate and lies is OK now that you have the cancer."

I'm sure this perspective comes from being old enough to have seen other monsters eulogized to preserve their "legacy." It's a terrible practice that makes the world a worse place.

hhhat
Apr 29, 2008

This makes me happy smile

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Wish Hunter Thompson was still around so he could write Rush's obituary.

Look up the one he wrote on Nixon if you haven't read it

yorkinshire
Apr 28, 2009

In space no one can hear your dope beats.
It's not ghoulish the be happy a source of evil is extinguished.

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

In the words of Killer Mike, I’m glad Reagan dead

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

BiggerBoat posted:

Tim Kreider had nice things to say about Ronald Reagan as well so hopefully he'll have something equally nice to say about Rush

quote:

I had already turned in my cartoon Friday afternoon when, Saturday morning, I read the news that Reagan’s health was failing. I began drawing immediately. I have had a rough draft of this cartoon ready for this occasion for years. As the day continued I kept getting e-mails and text messages from friends excitedly anticipating the Gipper’s impending death. Finally Steve, with whom I have planned for over a decade to hold a party on the day of Reagan’s funeral, called me from the track, where he was betting on the Belmont Stakes, to tell me that the old bastard was finally dead. He reported that there had been a perfunctory Moment of Silence, lasting approximately 1.6 seconds, before everyone went back to betting. It was beautiful. As the afternoon went on I got a flood of congratulatory calls from friends around the world—Ben in Boston, Megan and Mike in New York, Berkeley in Baltimore, even Allison in Bulgaria. I e-mailed this cartoon into the City Paper around seven P.M., begging them in the name of our sweet lord and savior Jesus Christ to stop the presses and please run this Wednesday, and then headed down to Baltimore to drink tiny beers and watch The Big Lebowski. The Reagan party will be held at my house this weekend.

Perhaps it may seem insensitive and unpatriotic to some for me to run such an ugly cartoon at this time of national mourning. To those of you who hold this view, I must respectfully say gently caress you. Some of my younger readers may not even remember Ronald Regan’s presidency, and I would not want them to be misled by the onslaught of state propaganda they’ll be subjected to this week. Calling him the Great Communicator is like calling Hitler the Great Negotiator, and if we’re going to credit him with winning the Cold War we may as well credit him with the Challenger disaster and the return of Halley’s Comet. Let me tell you what it was really like:

Even at age twelve I could tell that Jimmy Carter was an honest man trying to address complicated issues and Ronald Reagan was a brilcreemed salesman telling people what they wanted to hear. I secretly wept on the stairs the night he was elected President, because I understood that the kind of shitheads I had to listen to in the cafeteria grew up to become voters, and won. I spent the eight years he was in office living in one of those science-fiction movies where everyone is taken over by aliens—I was appalled by how stupid and mean-spirited and repulsive the world was becoming while everyone else in America seemed to agree that things were finally exactly as they should be. The Washington Press corps was so enamored of his down-to-earth charm that they never checked his facts, but if you watched his face when it was at rest, when he wasn’t performing for anyone, you could see him for what he really was—a black-eyed, slit-mouthed, lizard-faced old son-of-a-bitch. He was a bad actor, an informer for McCarthy, and a hired front man for a gang of Texas oilmen, fundamentalist dingbats, and right-wing psychotics out of Dr. Strangelove. He put a genial face on chauvanism, callousness, and greed, and made people feel good about being bigots again. He likened Central American death squads to our founding fathers and called the Taliban “freedom fighters.” His legacy includes the dismantling of Franklin Roosevelt’s New Deal, the final dirty win of Management over Labor, the outsourcing of America’s manufacturing base, the embezzlement of almost all the country's wealth by 1% of its citizens, the scapegoating of the poor and black, the War on Drugs, the eviction of schizophrenics into the streets, AIDS, acid rain, Iran-Contra, and, let’s not forget, the corpses of two hundred forty United States Marines. He moved the center of political discourse in this country to somewhere in between Richard Nixon and Augusto Pinochet. He believed in astrology and Armageddon and didn't know the difference between history and movies; his stories were lies and his jokes were scripted. He was the triumph of image over truth, paving the way for even more vapid spokesmodels like George W. Bush. He was, as everyone agrees, exactly what he appeared to be—nothing. He made me ashamed to be an American. If there was any justice in this world his Presidential Library would contain nothing but boys' adventure books and bad cowboy movies, and the only things named after him would be shopping malls and Potter's Fields. Let the earth where he is buried be seeded with salt.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Rainbow Knight posted:

Tim Kreider had nice things to say about Ronald Reagan as well so hopefully he'll have something equally nice to say about Rush

Holy gently caress that's a hell of a takedown.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Tim Kreider needs to wrote words more often. He only does an article once every few months and I don't think he's written anything in 2020?

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It could be the decade that is 2020 is just so, so loving much.

Syd Midnight
Sep 23, 2005

BiggerBoat posted:

I once fed HST's Nixon obit into the GPT-2 774M text generator. It went down really well, and the GPT-2 wrote a fantastic Nixon obit of its own:

GPT-2 posted:

A nation has been ruined. Nixon and Nixon alone could have taken down a government of ours. There aren't any excuses - neither war in Cambodia nor economic crisis, neither terrorism nor civil disorder; no political and sexual degeneracy to explain the fact that we have been brought to ruin by a black dog which has now run his course. Nixon's Presidency left a trail of blood and tears around the globe that will be felt for many centuries to come. Nixon is gone, but our country is not yet free of its curse.

Today we suffer in silence the political consequences of his death. The Watergate conspirators will, I predict, be remembered as heroes by many Americans whose sympathies lie with right-wing and conservative ideologies rather than with the Constitution. But it is not possible to explain the Watergate case so that Nixon and the men in his administration will not be remembered as villains by honest people.

If he had been assassinated, the people would have marched on Washington, burned every building or monument, thrown his body, if not buried, from the highest peak and shouted "Nixon was the worst president in modern American history". If Nixon could be thrown into orbit and burned away into black sulfur, the White House today would stink of urine as people waited patiently in line for a chance to take out their frustrations at a dead president on the steps of the Capitol.

I'd pay $50 for a good front-end for GPT-2 1500M, I bet it could write great eulogies for Rush Limbaugh and the current CiC if coaxed with a bunch of HST, and hell why not throw in some Spider Jerusalem too.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Maybe it's ghoulish to celebrate but it's amazingly poetic that the "second hand smoke isn't real" and the " the sun doesn't cause skin cancer" guy is dying of cancer he could have avoided.

Sarcastr0
May 29, 2013

WON'T SOMEBODY PLEASE THINK OF THE BILLIONAIRES ?!?!?
Guess who's back on his bullshit?

https://twitter.com/stillgray/status/1267046695742795777

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
Didn't Antman swat someone and the cops killed their dog.

(And then Ian laughed about it)

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Honestly Robert Evans on the Behind the Bastards episode on the Nuremberg Trial hangman about half a year ago summed up how I feel about the deaths of the absolute worst, in different and nonjewish words, but like, for me, using those nazis as a substitute for the Rushes and Jorps and so on:

As a jew, my first reaction is gently caress it, if you can't find a hangman I'd do it myself, livestream it. gently caress I'll hang, draw, and quarter them, and learn from all the experts and how to keep them alive for as much of the process as possible. And no one on earth would blame me for doing it.

My intellectual reaction is like... even after all this, I also want to be better than the fuckers. You turned into animals and slaughtered us when we did nothing to you, but even after all that you've done I'm still the better person at the end than you were at the beginning.

The actual result, I feel, much like Rush's upcoming end, was the best of both worlds.

the nazis were denied the dignity of the firing squad that "honourable" "soldiers" deserve and were hanged. The hangman either sucked or deliberately botched the executions so they had miserable, undignified hangings with I think the longest one dangling alive for half an hour or more. The spectators had plentiful smoke breaks in between the nazis attempting to give dignified final speeches about honour and Germany and poo poo.

Like at the end of the day I can't take joy in suffering but gently caress if I'm gonna feel sad about suffering that's out of my hands happening to people that caused many times the suffering.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Remember when Colin Kaepernick and a few other athletes were trying to call attention to this poo poo in a peaceful way and RWM dog piled on them for being assholes who hate America? Seems rather quaint in retrospect.

White people were burning Kap and Malcolm Jenkins jerseys for protesting peacefully. CHUDS hung a Mayor in effigy for the right to get a haircut, spread disease and eat at Golden Corral then stormed government buildings openly brandishing assault rifles with, oddly, no tear gas canisters being launched at them.

I'm hearing a lot of coverage about THUGS, tut tutting over looters and a lot of pearl clutching but for the first time in my life I honestly understand it all. Look where the simple act of kneeling during an anthem that doesn't need to be played got anyone.

Why do we have to play the national anthem at a sporting event?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

BiggerBoat posted:

Sorry, but we picked up the national anthem and killed Hitler, so if we get rid of it the Nazis will come ba...oh.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

HootTheOwl posted:

Sorry, but we picked up the national anthem and killed Hitler, so if we get rid of it the Nazis will come ba...oh.

I'm being accused of posting "an anti american sentiment" on FB right now for asking the legitimate question of why we play the anthem at sporting events. Was told to "crawl into a hole". I really need to crush my FB account but on the other hand my man in Tampa is out streaming his protests and my other homey is helping me dog pile CHUDS and messaging me cool poo poo so...

Also was accused of being cynical which I can't deny

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Just delete it, man. I nuked mine a long time ago and it’s done wonders for my mental health. Start by deleting the app of your phone; that’s usually enough to deprogram yourself.

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

BiggerBoat posted:

I'm being accused of posting "an anti american sentiment" on FB right now for asking the legitimate question of why we play the anthem at sporting events. Was told to "crawl into a hole". I really need to crush my FB account but on the other hand my man in Tampa is out streaming his protests and my other homey is helping me dog pile CHUDS and messaging me cool poo poo so...

Also was accused of being cynical which I can't deny

You mean you weren't able to be a nice Dr. Pangloss in this TYOL 2020? It looks like someone needs a patriotic re-education.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

BiggerBoat posted:

Remember when Colin Kaepernick and a few other athletes were trying to call attention to this poo poo in a peaceful way and RWM dog piled on them for being assholes who hate America? Seems rather quaint in retrospect.

White people were burning Kap and Malcolm Jenkins jerseys for protesting peacefully. CHUDS hung a Mayor in effigy for the right to get a haircut, spread disease and eat at Golden Corral then stormed government buildings openly brandishing assault rifles with, oddly, no tear gas canisters being launched at them.

I'm hearing a lot of coverage about THUGS, tut tutting over looters and a lot of pearl clutching but for the first time in my life I honestly understand it all. Look where the simple act of kneeling during an anthem that doesn't need to be played got anyone.

Could not loving agree more, with everything you said. It is unfortunate that sometimes what it takes to force radical change is fire and blood, but then again, the chuds have brought all this on themselves.

I know racism has been a fatal flaw in this country since the beginning, but Trump literally ran on a platform of hate and division, supported by tea partiers who were butthurt over the fact that we had a black president for eight years.

The GOP Senators and Congressmen hitched their wagon to the Trump Train knowing full well what he was. I make no distinction between the ones who didn't like his rhetoric but went along for the ride, and total chud ghouls like MitchMason McConnell-Verger. They are all going to be held to account.

The loving militarized police force we see all the time on the news dressed like Starship Troopers, that have large numbers of white supremacists in it, that's going to change too. I don't know how or when, but it is going to be loving changed.

Politicians having their minds loving blown that marginalized groups getting murdered by police for generations, people in general finding it impossible to afford healthcare and basic standards of life, while they grift and pass tax cuts for the 1% and corporations, makes people extremely angry.

I've posted on SA a couple of times recently that the mindset "It can't happen HERE" is the wrong one for the power elite to hold. It absolutely can happen here, and it has, over the last few days.

gently caress chuds and their state-sponsored propaganda outlets.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Sarcastr0 posted:

Guess who's back on his bullshit?

Will it go a full 24 hours without someone putting up more of the video to show that Mr. Innocent wasn't. He pushed this same thing with a middle aged white guy in Portland.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

BiggerBoat posted:

Why do you have to put the flag—I'm sorry, the ⭐️⭐️⭐️FLAG™⭐️⭐️⭐️—on subway cars in New York?

The missus and I were watching Mr Robot last night and saw that and thought hold on, that's just weird. Do you forget which country you're in if there's no handy graphic there to remind you or something?