Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

go ask the security thread lol

charismatic dude with a social engineering skillset catching cfaa due to media hype; now seen karening on twitter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

his book about how he got there was decent and shows a pattern of exploiting loopholes and charming his way in to things in an unsustainable way. always bigger, riskier, with harsher punishments etc.

i went to see what his whinging was but its mostly tweets about social distancing and people not wearing masks mixed with security links. seems boring. maybe for the best for him

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:He-El.ogg

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Sweevo posted:

Wizardchan is an imageboard primarily dedicated to male virgin culture and topics including anime, hobbies, and depression

reminder that the owner of the board, fredrick brennan, sold the site when he lost his virginity and so was no longer eligible to post there

then he went on to found 8chan, sold it to an expat american pig farmer in the philippines, quit because the place was too weird *even for a guy with his track record*, and is now a born-again christian font designer who fucks around keeping 8chan off the internet as much as possible in his spare time

the qanonanoymous interviews with him are absolutely amazing if you fancy a couple of hours of tales of extreme weirdness.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Typographer or a designer of typefaces. A font is a typeface displayed at a particular size.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Schadenboner posted:

Typographer or a designer of typefaces. A font is a typeface displayed at a particular size.

howdy, i'm the sheriff of serifs

tak
Jan 31, 2003

lol demowned
Grimey Drawer
The colonel of keming

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

glyph me a break

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
She also recorded a song called "Big Long Sliding Thing", supposedly about a trombonist.[16]

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

tak posted:

The colonel of keming

clever

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
not sure how clever a joke can be the millionth time it's made

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

Sham bam bamina! posted:

not sure how clever a joke can be the millionth time it's made

are you disrespecting the fine traditions of the pos

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

tak posted:

The colonel of keming

hi, clint

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

what're thoooooose

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

This "-gate" scandal is noteworthy for actually involving a gate. (Another scandal named Gategate involved footballer Ross McCormack claiming he was unable to attend training due to his electric gate at his home not functioning. It is believed his manager travelled to his house to measure the fence.)

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
Following the resolution of initial teething problems – in particular an ejection seat that killed the first 12 pilots to eject from the aircraft [26] – its exceptional performance made it very popular with its pilots.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Sham bam bamina! posted:

Following the resolution of initial teething problems – in particular an ejection seat that killed the first 12 pilots to eject from the aircraft [26] – its exceptional performance made it very popular with its pilots.
the century series planes were all incredible deathtraps

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

yes I suppose having your teeth exit through your brain stem could be called a teething problem

Doom Mathematic
Sep 2, 2008

Sham bam bamina! posted:

Who was the twelfth pilot to get into that thing? "No, really, it's definitely, definitely, definitely fixed, this time."

Fake edit: I guess "first 12 pilots to eject from" isn't quite as bad as "first 12 pilots to fly in" but still

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill
not sure I’d have wanted to be the 13th to eject after 12 deaths, but I guess they were unlucky if they’re still alive in hellworld

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

FMguru posted:

the century series planes were all incredible deathtraps

Given how lousy the original Luftwaffe was with Nazis and the generally unsatisfactory nature of denazification (in particular w/r/t the Bundeswehr) I can assure you I'm :qq:ing like crazy over all the loving Krauts who used the 104s to plow fields.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

quote:

Many old words which had fallen into disuse were recycled and given new senses in the modern language, and neologisms were created from Old Norse roots. For example, the word rafmagn ("electricity"), literally means "amber power", calquing the derivation of the Greek root "electr-" from Greek elektron ("amber").[32]Similarly, the word sími ("telephone") originally meant "cord", and tölva ("computer") is a portmanteau of tala ("digit; number") and völva ("seeress").

Number seeress is pretty :black101:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

Number seeress is pretty :black101:

its still a thing to translate english terms in danish academia (or at least it was 15 years ago), but it had a lame ironic nerd flair to it & nobody does it in real life

i think the military is pretty into it though

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
Similar to the classic Princess Maker tradition, Yucie was found as an infant by the knight Gunbard after a battle, and became his adopted daughter. Due to an unknown curse, she stopped growing at the age of ten, and looks like a child although she is now seventeen.

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Sham bam bamina! posted:

Similar to the classic Princess Maker tradition, Yucie was found as an infant by the knight Gunbard after a battle, and became his adopted daughter. Due to an unknown curse, she stopped growing at the age of ten, and looks like a child although she is now seventeen.

sounds bad, but what can u do? it's classic princess maker tradition

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

quote:

The importance of mothers in African and African-American families is at the heart of the game: insulting someone else's mother is sure to inflame the passions of the other player.

actually an extremely un-worthless article

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Carthag Tuek posted:

its still a thing to translate english terms in danish academia (or at least it was 15 years ago), but it had a lame ironic nerd flair to it & nobody does it in real life

i think the military is pretty into it though

I remember my grandmother talking about seeing American tanks during the war and referring to them as skriðdreki (crawling dragons).

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
David Johansen's New York Dolls bandmate Arthur Kane was sent into a jealous rage after seeing Johansen's prominent role in Scrooged. Kane reacted by beating his wife, and attempting suicide by jumping from a third-story window.[72]

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Scrooged again

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

I remember my grandmother talking about seeing American tanks during the war and referring to them as skriðdreki (crawling dragons).

thats a great word

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

Variations

The variation A/S/L/P or ASLP is short for "Age, Sex, Location, and Picture".[1][2]
The variation NASL is short for "Name, Age, Sex, Location".[3]
ASLR is short for "age, sex, location, race". ASLRP is short for "age, sex, location, race, picture".[4]
A/S is short for "Age/Sex". A/S/L/M/H is short for "Age, sex, location, music, hobbies".[4][5]

Criticism

The fact that users often seek A/S/L information in "initial interactions" implies an "emphasis on the physical body online". 52% of the MOO character descriptions referenced age, sex, location, or physical appearance.[6]

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Inciting significant controversy and anger, Grossman has been documented on video as claiming that when police kill on the job, they often report to him that they go home and enjoy their best sex ever.[9]

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

The hamlet of Pinchinthorpe in North Yorkshire, England, for example, has a spring supply.[3][4]

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Midjack posted:

Inciting significant controversy and anger, Grossman has been documented on video as claiming that when police kill on the job, they often report to him that they go home and enjoy their best sex ever.[9]
lomarf

Stack Machine
Mar 6, 2016

I can see through time!
Fun Shoe

Midjack posted:

Gross man

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Semenov has been compared to prolific inventor Buckminster Fuller.[8]

One of Dahir Insaat's designs is for a bed that becomes a "fortress" in an earthquake. Critics have described it as a claustrophobic coffin.[9]

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

On August 23, 2019, American toy company Hasbro announced a $4 billion purchase of eOne, making them the owners of Death Row Records.[57]

Devonaut
Jul 10, 2001

Devoted Astronaut

The 1883 eruption of the Krakatoa volcano in Indonesia was one of the largest and most destructive in recorded history.[12] It has not erupted since, despite Kramer’s claim that Jerry should contribute to a relief fund for the volcano victims

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

what're thoooooose

:fap: