Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What did it matter?
This poll is closed.
The mod squad (FORUM FRIENDS) has edited the poll 11 1.38%
And inserted their good jokes 4 0.50%
While the rest of you laugh 9 1.13%
Bowsette 103 12.88%
347 43.38%
killer comedy option $69,420.69 15 1.88%
big bandicoot baps 311 38.88%
Total: 800 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Rodney Mullen.

I still remember unlocking this video and having to lift my jaw off the floor.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1YeMXE6Wn4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

daermon posted:

So he looks more Japanese in the original?

I still have a working PS2 and the original game, I should check.

there is literally no way this can end well

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

exquisite tea posted:

I feel like I'm in an alternate universe or something when goons talk about Control because to me it's a perfectly average game in terms of the difficulty. I died maybe a few times on the toughest bosses and yet you get screeds from people who wiped for two hours in the same exact spot.

Yeah if you're getting your rear end kicked in Control there's probably something you're not taking advantage of. Use Shield to run out and get health from anyone you managed to down (or even damage). Get back into cover while Seizing so long as you stay within the maximum distance of the target enemy. Make sure your mod loadout complements what you like to focus on.

Unless you're working on the one or two fights that really are huge slogs, but that doesn't really happen until the very end of the game.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

exquisite tea posted:

I feel like I'm in an alternate universe or something when goons talk about Control because to me it's a perfectly average game in terms of the difficulty. I died maybe a few times on the toughest bosses and yet you get screeds from people who wiped for two hours in the same exact spot.

why do my bullets hit my cover when I'm aiming over or around it

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

doingitwrong posted:

I still remember unlocking this video and having to lift my jaw off the floor.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1YeMXE6Wn4

his baggy falling down pants make it look like he has really short legs

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I think the gun I ended up using the most was the charge one (pierce??) with damage/headshot mods because it seemed way stronger than all the others (launch is also extremely good)

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Woo the comments on Sony postponing PS5 announcement, please delete all video games.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Help Im Alive posted:

Do people really pick Tony Hawk in Tony Hawk

that's like picking Mario in Mario Kart

It’s more like, having to pick between Mario, a guy you know, or Gary Daniels, a guy you don’t know

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

haveblue posted:

Make sure your mod loadout complements what you like to focus on.

how do I get the game to randomly give me decent mods

failing that, which of these 6% Shatter recoil mods will fix any of this

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

al-azad posted:

Woo the comments on Sony postponing PS5 announcement, please delete all video games.

There's a good Firefox add-on called Shut Up that just autoblocks all comments sections on every website, solid recommend

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Hwurmp posted:

how do I get the game to randomly give me decent mods

failing that, which of these 6% Shatter recoil mods will fix any of this

You can make your own mods in Central Executive with the random stuff you pick up. But failing that, -recoil on Shatter is actually pretty good.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/HotGirlVideos69/status/1267560864816734208?s=20

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

exquisite tea posted:

You can make your own mods in Central Executive with the random stuff you pick up. But failing that, -recoil on Shatter is actually pretty good.

I don't have enough randomly dropped materials for a roll on the gacha, and Shatter's recoil is already fine

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

probably shouldnt be shocking that games from japan arent going to signify japanese people with t he same markers western media would. however westerners and especially americans in a lot of jpn stuff are extremely obvious because they do do it for those characters instead.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

More Control Tips: don't use Launch in close quarters, because it will randomly pick up explosive objects that are completely out of view

also don't bother throwing enemies' rockets back at them because they do less damage over a smaller area than rocks

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Stux posted:

probably shouldnt be shocking that games from japan arent going to signify japanese people with t he same markers western media would. however westerners and especially americans in a lot of jpn stuff are extremely obvious because they do do it for those characters instead.

i remember playing an ace attorney game and some character speaking with a very texan accent who lived on a ranch or something was said to be from a "southern prefecture" which was very confusing to me

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

turns out when you're down in the mold tunnels, mold men can spawn out of the wall literally right next to you and one-shot you

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Kerrzhe posted:

i remember playing an ace attorney game and some character speaking with a very texan accent who lived on a ranch or something was said to be from a "southern prefecture" which was very confusing to me

they usually do that for translations because going for the actual japanese regional stuff wouldnt translate but ace attorney goes real hard with it which is why this comic exists

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Ace Attorney goes so hard, and by all means it should not work nearly as well as it does.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

There's that one case in Spirit of Justice where someone gets killed at a rakugo theatre and the details of the murder revolve around specific types of soba noodles or w/e

it feels like they're just messing with the localisation team at that point

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.

I said come in! posted:

Amazon Prime members get Forsaken Remaster for free this month. I remember that game with rose tinted glasses and I doubt it is that good today. I just remember it being one of the flagship 3d accelerator required games back in the day to show off how powerful the 3dFX graphic cards were.

Thanks for the update. This will go great with the copy of Overload they gave away sometime ago. RIP those devs. Overload was a better Descent than the actual sequel we just got.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I might be trying to fight enemies that are too high level?? but this is where the missions are sending me and I don't have any levels so it's anybody's goddamn guess

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Hwurmp posted:

why do my bullets hit my cover when I'm aiming over or around it

Control kind of punishes you for using cover. Always be moving, the enemies suck at leading their shots and the game expects you to be all over the place to succeed.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Help Im Alive posted:

There's that one case in Spirit of Justice where someone gets killed at a rakugo theatre and the details of the murder revolve around specific types of soba noodles or w/e

Between that and the yokai town in the previous game, they absolutely are.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Gripweed posted:

there is literally no way this can end well

You're absolutely correct. Sorry.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Having beaten San Andreas last month, I am now playing GTA3 and having a hoot of a time playing this far simpler game and being a bad man.

SeXReX posted:

Spicy take incoming

Despite the gameplay, GTA as a series glorifies the police and is part of the pro cop propaganda problem that inundates American media

Aw darn it

Shinjobi fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Jun 1, 2020

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Dewgy posted:

Control kind of punishes you for using cover. Always be moving, the enemies suck at leading their shots and the game expects you to be all over the place to succeed.

everything you can do in Control is a loving punishment

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

I am replaying through the Shadowrun trilogy and having a grand time not building optimally and playing the character that I want.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Is there a way for the poll to show up in Awful? I never see it so I never vote for Bowsette

Help Im Alive posted:

I’m playing right now. Like Lotta Hart, you’re from the south of what?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

why did sixteen rocket men just spawn in this room

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.

Shinjobi posted:

Having beaten San Andreas last month, I am now playing GTA3 and having a hoot of a time playing this far simpler game and being a bad man.

Aw darn it

The atmosphere is top-tier and some of the strongest in gaming IMO. It just feels bleak as all hell.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Hwurmp posted:

why did sixteen rocket men just spawn in this room
curfew started

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Remedy has only made one good game and that's Death Rally

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Control takes place in a sealed underground high-security facility and there are still invisible walls to keep you, the player, from going places you're not meant to go

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
i want to see hwrump playing control

preferably from behind a strong acrylic barrier of some sort

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

it's not that entertaining unless you really get a rise out of the phrase "loving Christ, seriously?"

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I pre-ordered Command & Conquer Remaster on Steam.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

homeless snail posted:

a lot of it is mostly in comparison to SQV though, which is one of the finest adventure games in history. 6 is a big step back
the only good thing about 6 was the demo

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

if you're really super lucky, you can complete a combat encounter in Control and the enemies will respawn literally the second you turn your back

I guess this is how you're meant to grind for materials

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Hwurmp posted:

turns out when you're down in the mold tunnels, mold men can spawn out of the wall literally right next to you and one-shot you

See this is that alternate universe poo poo I keep seeing

I never saw a single enemy down in the tunnels who didn't spawn when the map loaded in the first place