Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I really need to finish this. I did the dumb thing of taking a break for a day or so, right at the very end of the final bike chase, and haven't gone back to it at all due to getting distracted by a ton of other poo poo. I know how it ends and I need to see that poo poo!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

esperterra posted:

I really need to finish this. I did the dumb thing of taking a break for a day or so, right at the very end of the final bike chase, and haven't gone back to it at all due to getting distracted by a ton of other poo poo. I know how it ends and I need to see that poo poo!

AERIS DIES!

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

esperterra posted:

The bike chase sucks so badly.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Knuc U Kinte posted:

The bike chase sucks so badly.

Both bike chases are just a tad bit too long. Otherwise, they were a blast. At least the game blessed us by not having the boss fight with Motor Ball at the end and making you do it in the chase instead.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

I liked the bike sequences when I played them but once you unlock Chapter Select you have the option of skipping them completely on chapter replays and I have done just that.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

esperterra posted:

Both bike chases are just a tad bit too long. Otherwise, they were a blast. At least the game blessed us by not having the boss fight with Motor Ball at the end and making you do it in the chase instead.

They were not good at all.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
so if wedge is alive in the end, that means jessie could be too, right?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Lol

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

my take is that two out of three avalanche members dying is just the writers way of saying poo poo changes but the stakes are still there.

Pushy Cat
Jun 24, 2016

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Lmfao

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Was roche in the original. I do not remember this badass at all.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also has Jessie's full name always been Jessie Raspberry.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

He was not

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Jessie is superior to aeroth and tifa and I played that section a tonne to get the kiss from her lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

EmmyOk posted:

He was not

It's awesome that they just switch to full on DMC cutscenes when Roche and Cloud run into each other

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Just met Reno he owns as always

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wedge: Thanks for bringing me home, bro.

Cloud: No problem. Sorry about your rear end.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Also why is Biggs so hot

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Roche rules and I hope they make him into a huge rival/part of the story in the next installments.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Aeroth rocks in this game

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

In Training posted:

Was roche in the original. I do not remember this badass at all.

His pompadour mullet ftw.

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
Is ffxiv cool... Still have the urge to play (ffxi melted my brain when I was little)

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

FFXIV owns.

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
Might play when the new patch comes out but I need to buy an external graphics card because my computer situation is incredibly fail

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Ff14 is getting an update soon that overhauls the apparently lovely original campaign and cuts out a lot of filler, I'm going to start playing when that drops

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Lolling again at clouds sword getting stuck in my he doorframe when he’s hallucinating Sephoroth lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Ff14 is getting an update soon that overhauls the apparently lovely original campaign and cuts out a lot of filler, I'm going to start playing when that drops

It doesn't change anything about the 2.0 story, it's editing the gap between the end of the relaunch story stuff and the start of the first expac

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit

In Training posted:

It doesn't change anything about the 2.0 story, it's editing the gap between the end of the relaunch story stuff and the start of the first expac

I thought they were cutting out 2.0 story missions to make it quicker and more fun??

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

From what I remember, ARR's MSQ isn't too terrible time wise. But the content between ARR and HW was a loving slog

PRAY RETURN

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

I think it's both 2.0 and 2.x. They also said they'll bump MSQ exp a bit so you'll hit 50 without ever having to touch a sidequest.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

In Training posted:

I don't know what that means but fair enough.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Nm

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

it's been a while since I played a game where I sit down in the afternoon and blink and suddenly it's 8pm and I haven't started making dinner.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

it's been a while since I played a game where I sit down in the afternoon and blink and suddenly it's 8pm and I haven't started making dinner.

It's only been a few weeks since we were playing mhgu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

running around FF7R Shinra HQ and soaking in the delicious irony of japanese square Enix making the most immediately culturally relevant eco-terrorist positive ACAB game after Canadian Square Enix used their Deus Ex reboot to make fun of final fantasy in a random lobby poster and say Aug Lives Matter .