Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

flashy_mcflash posted:

The Kardashians can only do so much, coco

with enough twerk, DMT and the dreams of the old ones, anything is possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

flashy_mcflash posted:

The Kardashians can only do so much, coco

Plus they only have coca cola and not pepsi available right now.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

flashy_mcflash posted:

- Signal boost POC voices online

- Do searches of 'all lives matter' in your social media feeds and start smashing that block button

This

Just because you can't donate your money doesn't mean you can't donate your support, your empathy, and your time to this worthwhile cause. Your efforts aren't necessarily lesser just because they're not part of the in-person marches or the online donation totals

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Mekchu posted:

Plus they only have coca cola and not pepsi available right now.
This is the worst thing to happen to the peace process since Henry Kissinger :negative:

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

I've been trying to learn GIMP recently because I got a new computer and Adobe no longer has Photoshop CS2 available to download, and I think I've done pretty well

https://twitter.com/fuckinalpamare/status/1267317031784906752?s=19

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

It's good! Though I'm sad that wild shaggy-bearded Daniel Bryan isn't in the mix.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Captain Magic posted:

Yeah if violence wasn’t going to change anything, why would the police be so well-equipped to deal with violence?

got in a twitter beef tonight with a dude who was saying violence wouldn’t fix anything, so I just kept asking him for examples of other tactics protestors should use than what they’re using now and he kept being really pedantic AF. Anyway I missed him posting a link to a peaceful protest in Korea, which I think has some merit even though peaceful protestors are being hosed right up here in the states; I think he thought I was blatantly ignoring something he said but he was such an immediate douche about everything I don’t really want to clear up the miscommunication. We still would have disagreed but maybe it would have taken a different shape. Boats in the night.

You’re not asking but if you have hand issues I recommend flexing your hand in a bucket or tub full of rice; also a paraffin wax warmer/pot thing. The latter keeps your hands from drying out too.

I live in Korea and they're being wholly disingenuous with that argument. Korea's police aren't armed and roleplay GI Joe like the US Police do. They also, over the course of several decades, lost a lot of the public support and a bunch of funding because they had been involved in pretty heinous stuff. Gwangju Massacre was done by the police & military at the behest of the government which was full on authoritarian (Korea has a bad history of that despite being a democracy).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gwangju_Uprising

The protest they're talking about is the 2016/2017 one that saw Park GyeunHe ousted and impeached. That was again after decades of the police slowly but surely losing their grip of power. There is a running joke amongst the foreigner community that there are no police in Korea because you barely ever see them doing anything. People park their cars illegally and there's no tickets, horrible driving and accidents and again the cops barely show up. At best I can recall 1 single instance I saw the police do anything about something and it was because of a rowdy drunk college guy in Hongdae and I've lived in Korea for 4 years now in three different cities.

The US's approach to policing and Korea's approach to policing are, nowadays, so different. The police here are actually engaged and helping the community in ways that you see idealized by the US. I've seen police carry a blacked out woman from a bar and put her in the police car to take her to the hospital. They didn't arrest her, they just made sure she got home safe. Cops in the US don't care about helping any aspect of the community they are supposed to serve. So yes, peaceful protests do happen in places like Korea but that's also because the police here aren't being indoctrinated to see protestors as a chance to beat people up. There were also instances in those anti-PGH protests that saw the police clash with protestors but they were de-escalated because again, the police here tend to work towards de-escalation first and not violent attacks.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

One thing I've noticed in all my travels over the US in the last 20 years is that cops have stopped helping stranded motorists all together. Its not uncommon to see folks sitting on the roadside and to see 2-3 police cruisers just go on by. Yet some random motorist will pull over and make sure people are ok.

Anyway, if you see someone fall over in the mosh pit of life, take the time to help them up.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Was Park GeunHe (sp?) the female president? So I guess the depiction of police in Korean dramas are somewhat accurate then!

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
PGH was the first female president and first ever Korean President who was inpeached. Her dad, Park Chung-Hee, was also a president who took power via a military coup and was notable for aggressively being authoritarian which in turned lifted Korea's economy to being a world player.

He also was assassinated by the head of the Korean CIA in another coup detat.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Park_Chung-hee

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Jun 1, 2020

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Guess I’m two years late to the party but holy god drat balls is God of War ridiculously, stupendously gorgeous (also plays excellently). The kind of visuals where it’s hard to see where graphics can even go from this point. gently caress

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Wow, did I pick the right time to join a Star Wars campaign set during the rise of the Empire. I feel like I'm loving living it after Trump's speech.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

I for one am very excited for the fall of the American empire.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

All that poo poo. Goddamn. Its peaceful here thankfully and I hope everyone that seeks solace can find it.

There's currently peaceful standoff between the pigs and the people. This one was astroturfed from the jump, after the breaking of things(gently caress you salesforce), the city made it so people could march today but clear out at 8. I think that's fair because its people who wanna chant and march out of the way of people who want to flex on cops. What I don't think is fair is a bunch of space marine hicks staring down unarmed folk. Set up a fuckin ring, throw hands, make friends.

Then lets talk about dismantling those loving tanks. There shouldn't be tanks or assault rifles outside of military bases. No loving reason. Nothing louder than a .22 should pop off. Even for hunting. gently caress you if you can't handle it, wuss. We used to use sticks and stones to hunt deer. Try it. Its pretty satisfying.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Covid, The Protests and now Ebola is back?

What a year.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

do not actually beat deer to death with blunt objects, if you can possibly help it

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I do not like deer. And no I'm not sorry the hunters shot Bambi's mom. gently caress all deer.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Deer are cool and the world would be better if deer replaced humanity.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Deer are pretty.

Until they get in front of the car. Or eat my garden. Or nap next to my garbage can. Or under the car. Or just won't get off my lawn. loving deer!

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

A deer jumped in front of our car yesterday. There are parts of town where we'd expect that kind of thing but this was practically in the center of town. Shocked the hell out of my mom and I.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

STAC Goat posted:

Deer are pretty.

Until they get in front of the car. Or eat my garden. Or nap next to my garbage can. Or under the car. Or just won't get off my lawn. loving deer!

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

STAC Goat posted:

Deer are pretty.

Agreed, living in Austin deer are just roving gangs of assholes. One time when I worked for Apple I was driving to their campus and a loving stag decided to run along side my car and ram the side of it's body against my 89 4x4 suburban that I had just polished the other day. Fucker bounced off and was left spinning on it's side behind me when I looked behind in the rear view mirror. This was at like 2am because I did support for England/Ireland. Seriously gently caress urban deer.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, I'd be cool with deer but they're really just lovely neighbors who give no fucks. Like gently caress, sometimes I just want to take out the garbage or pull the car out of the driveway. Why you gotta be a loving dick about it?

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

coconono posted:

Then lets talk about dismantling those loving tanks. There shouldn't be tanks or assault rifles outside of military bases. No loving reason. Nothing louder than a .22 should pop off. Even for hunting. gently caress you if you can't handle it, wuss. We used to use sticks and stones to hunt deer. Try it. Its pretty satisfying.

The North Hollywood shootout in 1997 involved two heavily armed, heavily armored bank robbers that could only be stopped once the cops broke into sporting goods stores and "appropriated" heavier firepower than just revolvers or shotguns, i.e., assault rifles. The SWAT team had assault rifles as well. Almost 2000 rounds in total were fired between the two shooters and the cops.

It's been used as an excuse to greatly increase the firepower of US police ever since.

TV Zombie posted:

Covid, The Protests and now Ebola is back?

What a year.

Don't forget about half of Australia bursting into flame.

Kvantum fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Jun 2, 2020

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

deer are good creatures. to eat.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

There are some real nice curves out in the woods that haven't been developed on that are real fun to take at speed. But you can't because its also a deer crossing. They extract someone 16th birthday corvette from the guts of a buck about once a year.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

TV Zombie posted:

and now Ebola is back?

It is? Also didn't they finally make a vaccine for it last year or something?

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

My dad split a deer in half on his motorcycle a few years back and I really wish it had killed him but he was fine albeit covered in blood

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i am ok with culling the deer population to levels where tons of people and little baby people won't die from them all the time. just didn't want anyone to smash on them with rocks. But you can if you want to. now talk about beer, gear, or other.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Kvantum posted:

The North Hollywood shootout involved two heavily armed, heavily armored bank robbers that could only be stopped once the cops broke into sporting goods stores and "appropriated" heavier firepower than just revolvers or shotguns, i.e., assault rifles. The SWAT team had assault rifles as well.

It's been used as an excuse to greatly increase the firepower of US police ever since.

I know, I've read a few pieces on it. Including the fox news propaganda film. They failed to both contain the threat and get people out of harm's way. Los Angeles was a shitshow at a civic level. It probably still is. Last time I was there it was not fun.

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Cavauro posted:

i am ok with culling the deer population to levels where tons of people and little baby people won't die from them all the time. just didn't want anyone to smash on them with rocks. But you can if you want to. now talk about beer, gear, or other.
Simple solution to that one: reintroduce wolves.

You just have to bludgeon farmers into accepting the losses in their cattle and other livestock, and the occasional human death.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

wuffs are very cool. there are already lots of coyotes around here anyway so just let the wuffs eat them, if they will. i don't know the science.

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

humans can kill the deer too. its fun and easy. theyre very dumb and if you wear fun orange clothes they cant see you. other humans can still see you though, so its very safe. then you take the deer home and eat it. stew. chili. sausages. all kinds of fun things to do with meat that you sourced yourself and are eating outside of the unethical meat industrial complex. if you dont hunt the deer, they gently caress too much and there are so many deer they run out of food and starve. try hunting the deer. and then eating them. its good for you and the environment.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

you can feed the raw meat to feral cats for middling success in jumpstarting the wildcat population.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Eat My Fuc posted:

I really wish it had killed him

Most people would probably think this makes you sound like a monster but I feel the same way about mine

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

who all wants dad dead on here. send me a pm if we find out it's not allowed.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Kvantum posted:

Simple solution to that one: reintroduce wolves.

Didn't they legit do this at Yellowstone and it had enormous ecological benefits and actually lead to an INCREASE in the variety of wildlife?

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

"I've learned that the monsters ain't the ones beneath the bed"

- Eric Church

- Michael Scott

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Seriously though to some people blood is everything but a terrible person is still a terrible person regardless of your relation to them and you should remove them from your life and not give a poo poo about how far back you go or what genetics you share because they'll pull you down while tied to your legs like cement blocks in a lake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Most people would probably think this makes you sound like a monster but I feel the same way about mine

Solidarity. My dad is a monster, I was lucky though to be raised by a guy who was my real father in all respects. Being a dad is difficult but unfortunately some don't even try to be decent people let alone decent dads.