Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
The death count is climbing and we're about to Pop again but 2020 is so wild it one upped a pandemic so hard that this might fall off of page one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/1267601828520374272

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum
ngl glad the cool zone kicked off late enough for me to get good covid habits ingrained because i forget covid is a thing for at least 90% of each day

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Thoguh posted:

The death count is climbing and we're about to Pop again but 2020 is so wild it one upped a pandemic so hard that this might fall off of page one.

It was only 700 ish today. The counts are going to be real weird for a while especially with testing sites setting down

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

well thanks for ruining the one good news post I was depending on to brighten today

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

On the bright side, City of Heroes is a very quality video game that is free

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3890655

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Flesh Forge posted:

On the bright side, City of Heroes is a very quality video game that is free

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3890655

superheroes are cops

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

May 31st Cum. Deaths Wrapup

The final death toll for May was 106195. Congrats to Clever Hans for stepping out 107000 deaths as their guess.

Congratulations to th C-SPAM experts doomers that performed worse than the IHME on guesses.

Maybe next time you all will do a better job of guessing how many deaths get covered up. Overall 182 of you were too pessimistic compared to 32 that were too optimistic.

I am convinced my 169,420 guess is almost exactly correct but I failed to take into account stuff like florida having 6,000 "pneumonia" deaths and only like 2000 covid deaths and that is my own fault for not realizing that states would hide 3 times as many deaths as they reported. honestly it seems obvious now

TheLemonOfIchabod
Aug 26, 2008
22,153 cases and 730 deaths today. Compare with 19,790 cases and 505 deaths last Monday. This is the fourth day in a row of increasing cases week-over-week.

The virus is not losing potency, the second wave is already starting to swell and head toward the shore, and everything is about to get infinitely worse

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Taintrunner posted:

superheroes are cops

you can be the bad guys

COVID-420
Apr 21, 2020

Natural cures they don't want you to know about.
Top 5 New Cases Today

1. Massachusetts +3,840
2. California +2,535
3. Texas +1,130
4. Illinois +974
5. New York +923

mystes
May 31, 2006

TheLemonOfIchabod posted:

22,153 cases and 730 deaths today. Compare with 19,790 cases and 505 deaths last Monday. This is the fourth day in a row of increasing cases week-over-week.

The virus is not losing potency, the second wave is already starting to swell and head toward the shore, and everything is about to get infinitely worse
But we opened up, so coronavirus has to go away now.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

COVID-420 posted:

Top 5 New Cases Today

1. Massachusetts +3,840
2. California +2,535
3. Texas +1,130
4. Illinois +974
5. New York +923

Florida completely covering up

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

euphronius posted:

Florida completely covering up

Lies! They're just too busy with their huge influx of unrelated pneumonia deaths to deal with the covid hoax.

post COVID
Mar 5, 2007

free college, free healthcare, free Shmurda

COVID-420 posted:

Top 5 New Cases Today

1. Massachusetts +3,840
2. California +2,535
3. Texas +1,130
4. Illinois +974
5. New York +923

the MA numbers represent the recent inclusion of probable cases & deaths backdated a couple months

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

if you really want to get mad all the cops are making time and a half or more for this by now

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

euphronius posted:

if you really want to get mad all the cops are making time and a half or more for this by now

thanks, I hate it

Grabnar
Nov 24, 2017

I didn't know Marisa Tomei worked for WHO

rump buttman
Feb 14, 2018

I just wish I had time for one more bowl of chili

open ‘r up

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
It's over :unsmith:

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

The US is going to follow a new model for fighting COVID-19. It's going to be modeled on Yemen's method of fighting it's cholera epidemic.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

https://twitter.com/CT_Bergstrom/status/1267659926811230209

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

why papers and studies are useless until after peer review, exhibit k

seattle plague rat
Apr 6, 2020
info i rlly wanna see rn wld be testing the ability of masks to reduce airborne droplets while wearer screaming & whether tear agents promote viral spred

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

welp called back into the office officially on Wednesday, but I made just enough of a stink about not wanting to be around non mask wearers to be put in my own office and not fired, rather than in the open floor plan. It's not much but it makes me feel a little better, sigh

seattle plague rat
Apr 6, 2020
goddam covid got u a corner office & here i was thinking i knew how 2 manipulate my boss

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

e: me am dumb wrong thread 1

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

e: me am dumb wrong thread 2

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

e: me am dumb wrong thread 3

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

seattle plague rat posted:

goddam covid got u a corner office & here i was thinking i knew how 2 manipulate my boss

lmao labor has the power!!!!

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

empty whippet box posted:

I am convinced my 169,420 guess is almost exactly correct but I failed to take into account stuff like florida having 6,000 "pneumonia" deaths and only like 2000 covid deaths and that is my own fault for not realizing that states would hide 3 times as many deaths as they reported. honestly it seems obvious now

I guessed a similar #, but the joke's on all of us: from all indications, >50% of the deaths aren't being reported

which means we're probably at >200k right now, and that number's only going up uP UP!!!!

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Congrats to Clever Hans on winning the Golden Scythe for May.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

actually us opening up normalizes things and the virus will get bored and leave

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

Fly Molo posted:

I guessed a similar #, but the joke's on all of us: from all indications, >50% of the deaths aren't being reported

which means we're probably at >200k right now, and that number's only going up uP UP!!!!

The is no death only Salvation in Trump's America!

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Figuring out how the unrest in the US will impact COVID is weird because some areas are in a greater state of lockdown than they ever were over the past few months, but tens/hundreds of thousands are going to be protesting and thousands are going to be cycled through the plague house that is the US carceral system. Also a disproportionate number out in the streets are Black compared to whites who can afford to lock themselves inside in fear.

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

mastershakeman posted:

It was only 700 ish today. The counts are going to be real weird for a while especially with testing sites setting down

the counts have only fallen because the states where it is spreading and killing people don't report deaths with the diligence of new york state, new jersey, washington, and other early hot spots

it's being covered up

salisbury shake
Dec 27, 2011
lol merck is trying to make their employees return to work soon

https://old.reddit.com/r/cscareerquestions/comments/gumi5h/my_company_is_discussing_return_to_the_workplace/

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Any goon recommendations for respirator masks? N95 or kn95 or whatever.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

they also installed a temperature checker thingy that just reads high or normal or some poo poo. anyone else return to the orifice recently? were you able to work without having a constant panic attack?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seattle plague rat
Apr 6, 2020

spaceblancmange posted:

Congrats to Clever Hans on winning the Golden Scythe for May.