Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What did it matter?
This poll is closed.
The mod squad (FORUM FRIENDS) has edited the poll 11 1.38%
And inserted their good jokes 4 0.50%
While the rest of you laugh 9 1.13%
Bowsette 103 12.88%
347 43.38%
killer comedy option $69,420.69 15 1.88%
big bandicoot baps 311 38.88%
Total: 800 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

just died because I was standing next to a reel-to-reel player that took one stray enemy bullet and exploded like a 1,000-pound bomb; the thing was in a dark corner and I didn't even see it before it went off, I had to go back and check what killed me

you win, Control, I can't take any more of this poo poo. congrats on being the worst game I've played in years

I only paid $20 for it with the EGS sale and that still feels like a waste of money

SeXReX posted:

See this is that alternate universe poo poo I keep seeing

I never saw a single enemy down in the tunnels who didn't spawn when the map loaded in the first place

I walked down a hallway, took one step back, suddenly mold man :shrug:

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Jun 2, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

It's possible that your copy of control is an object of power

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I said come in! posted:

I pre-ordered Command & Conquer Remaster on Steam.

I want a Red Alert 2 remaster so bad

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Infinitum posted:

:same: but only if they restore the celebrity unit voices that got cut from the Hollywood mission in Yuri's Revenge #censorship

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo
You'll be able to mod that in!

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Infinitum posted:

same i'm half-tempted to get the C&C remaster just to hopefully push them into doing RA2

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Infinitum posted:

:same: but also Tib Sun

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Infinitum posted:

https://www.openra.net/

Officially only covers C&C95, RA95 and Dune
Has mod support for tib sun, ra2, and a fuckload of others

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
I'm looking for games that have that "keep you playing" quality (which I'm sure has a name--besides "compelling"--but I don't know what it is). Games like WoW or Grim Dawn have it with world design and the loot chase (and the social aspect).Total War/X-COM/Darkest Dungeon have it with the high-suspense turn-based gameplay. Deus Ex and Prey also have that quality, but those two games use story, sound, and immersive gameplay to generate it. It's a quality that goes across genres, so I'm not looking for any specific type of game. Just the ones that make you want to keep playing. Any suggestions?

edit: sorry if I missed a "recommend me" thread anywhere

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

kotaku writer got held by police in a parkage garage for 14 hours and most likely exposed to COVID

https://twitter.com/Vahn16/status/1267607145744404481
(there's a whole tweet thread)

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Eason the Fifth posted:

I'm looking for games that have that "keep you playing" quality (which I'm sure has a name--besides "compelling"--but I don't know what it is). Games like WoW or Grim Dawn have it with world design and the loot chase (and the social aspect).Total War/X-COM/Darkest Dungeon have it with the high-suspense turn-based gameplay. Deus Ex and Prey also have that quality, but those two games use story, sound, and immersive gameplay to generate it. It's a quality that goes across genres, so I'm not looking for any specific type of game. Just the ones that make you want to keep playing. Any suggestions?

edit: sorry if I missed a "recommend me" thread anywhere

Hades
Nova Drift
Into the Breach

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Jun 2, 2020

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

:same: but also Tib Sun

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

the best thing about tib sun is that they still got decent known actors in except the guy who played kane who was just A Guy from the office was kane the whole time and it owned

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Stux posted:

the best thing about tib sun is that they still got decent known actors in except the guy who played kane who was just A Guy from the office was kane the whole time and it owned

the guy who played Kane was Joe Kucan, C&C's cutscene director

if it was Just A Guy From The Office then Kane would've been way doughier and more nasally

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Jun 2, 2020

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

A powerful argument
Peace through power indeed

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

It's a shame that guy got all political and became seven different identical alt-right youtubers

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I’d like to recommend Monster Train to any Slay the Spire fans, it looks like it’s the new hotness. It’s a deck-building game with very similar vibes, including (imo) the pretty bad visuals.

You have spell cards and unit cards, and use the latter to reinforce one of three “lanes”; after you’ve built up your board using all the mana you have available, you end your turn and combat resolves itself. Enemies you haven’t killed move up closer to your health bar, and you go back to building your board.

I haven’t seen all of the cards yet, but it seems like there’s a similar amount of build variety as StS. Also, it captures the same good feelings when you chance upon a really overpowered combo!

It’s fun!

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

i started playing neoverse from the humble monthly, instead. its like slay the spire but with big titty anime girls

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
https://twitter.com/Sarah_Boxer/status/1267601524982759424

Who did this?

Show yourselves.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
Windows confirmed for smash

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

SeXReX posted:

Windows confirmed for smash

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
System Shock Remastered Demo is available until the 15th: https://www.gog.com/game/system_shock_demo and https://store.steampowered.com/app/482400/System_Shock/

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

How do I get the new gangtag? Disco elysium is great, but I’m not really feeling the Hobo Cops banner right now.

Also probably buying a new av tonight, which should get rid of it anyway.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Roach Warehouse posted:

How do I get the new gangtag? Disco elysium is great, but I’m not really feeling the Hobo Cops banner right now.

Also probably buying a new av tonight, which should get rid of it anyway.

Any image that's already uploaded to Something Awful can be used in normal img tags in your title text. Just grab the url off of anybody else's gang tag and stick it below your text

Disco Anne
Apr 1, 2010

Assume you're going to survive.

Help Im Alive posted:

It's possible that your copy of control is an object of power

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Roach Warehouse posted:

How do I get the new gangtag?

Once the tag has been uploaded, I'll drop a thread on how to acquire it.

a glitch
Jun 27, 2008

no wait stop

Soiled Meat

I said come in! posted:

I pre-ordered Command & Conquer Remaster on Steam.

:same: Looking forward to playing Tiberian Dawn for the first time. I still don't know which campaign to do first though - GDI have the Ion Cannon but Nod has Kane and I'm not sure what I want first :ohdear:

a glitch fucked around with this message at 09:33 on Jun 2, 2020

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
Go Nod first. I think GDI is "canon" to the next game, so be fresher on that one for later.

Also I feel like more people than me are gonna want to buy one of these pins today. Because they're Streets of Rage fans. Of course.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

END ME SCOOB posted:

Go Nod first. I think GDI is "canon" to the next game, so be fresher on that one for later.

Also I feel like more people than me are gonna want to buy one of these pins today. Because they're Streets of Rage fans. Of course.

Not when shipping is fourteen dollars!

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
The original C&C kind of assumes you play GDI first since there's stuff like a cutscene on the NOD side where Kane talks over a video you were shown on the GDI side. GDI also has the more straightforward easy-to-use power units while NOD has more gimmicks.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Kanfy posted:

The original C&C kind of assumes you play GDI first since there's stuff like a cutscene on the NOD side where Kane talks over a video you were shown on the GDI side. GDI also has the more straightforward easy-to-use power units while NOD has more gimmicks.

GDI and Allies were also Disc 1 in CNC/RA so it definitely expected you to do that.

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

Kanfy posted:

It also kinda assumes you play Nod first because the first temple of Nod is built in egypt by the nod player. This is also the setup Renegade later goes with.

tithin posted:

https://www.openra.net/

Officially only covers C&C95, RA95 and Dune
Has mod support for tib sun, ra2, and a fuckload of others
A caveat is that OpenRA is not, in fact, a straight port of those games but instead reuses the same sprites but has somewhat different gameplay because the devs thought the Westwood version weren't good enough. If you want OpenRA to play like the original C&C/RA games you have to mod that in.

Chev fucked around with this message at 12:10 on Jun 2, 2020

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
i'd like to try this out one day, specifically with wipeout

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_99zTjgx1Zo&t=97s

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Rinkles posted:

i'd like to try this out one day, specifically with wipeout

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_99zTjgx1Zo&t=97s

neGcon's are surprisingly affordable controllers, and pretty much every racing game on the PS1 supports it. Recommend picking one up if you can find one.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

if you're gonna play type 4 though, get a jogcon imo

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
Rikku gets really good if I spend some time grinding up her sphere grid, right?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Rikku's really good no matter what. You can take her through Tidus' path for Quick Hit + Hastega and have her take 5-6 turns before the enemy even has a chance to hit back. Mix is also an insanely useful Overdrive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
can I get the gang tag? I never got the cool zone one