Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

peanut- posted:

I’m here for really audibly doing coke mid-episode

peanut- posted:

Honestly in this specific instance AI is probably better than the terrible psychometric testing and other arbitrary poo poo big companies use to filter down the thousands of identical graduate applications to a manageable number.

Being slightly better than a coin flip is really the only goal. When you're trying to trim 20,000 identical applications from college grads into 500 interviews then hitting the threshold "we think this is 5% better than random selection" is enough reason to use something.

I'm not sure being a bitter tech wannabe is the best use of your time, but use it as you see fit, and hopefully see you on the other side.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Okay man, I made the post because the loud snorting sounds in the middle of the episode made me laugh but I also feel appropriately owned for saying large company graduate recruitment is quite random?

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Stringent posted:

I'm not sure being a bitter tech wannabe is the best use of your time, but use it as you see fit, and hopefully see you on the other side.

Bro.. your mad rn??

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I mean all I’m doing is spending my berniebux on drugs to sit in my apartment and listen to podcasts, so it makes sense they’d be doing drugs to make those podcasts.

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
Sorry I'm gonna walk this back. I'm from the southern US and pointing out drug use, real or imagined, is seen as a sop to cops. I don't know if that's what you intended or what, but basically as far as drug use goes you're just supposed to mind your own business, where I'm from.

Stringent fucked around with this message at 13:58 on Jun 2, 2020

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot

Stringent posted:

Sorry I'm gonna walk this back. I'm from the southern US and pointing out drug use, real or imagined, is seen as a sop to cops. I don't know if that's what you intended or what, but basically as far as drug use goes you're just supposed to mind your own business, where I'm from.

what is this bit you're doing?

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

thotsky posted:

what is this bit you're doing?

That's a weird question and I don't know why you assumed I was doing a bit. Anyhow it was a kneejerk reaction on my part, where I'm from just possessing cocaine is a felony, and seeing it just thrown out like that bothered me.

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers
sorry man, we do things different where I'm from: the streets

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
lol

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Stringent posted:

ma'am, are these fellers botherin' yew?

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

Stringent posted:

I'm sorry, we misunderstood your Southern ways because we're all from places where cocaine is legal

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

Civilized Fishbot posted:

I'm sorry, we misunderstood your Southern ways because we're all from places where cocaine is legal

that's cool, let's all just make amends by talking about how the chapo guys are all doing coke

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Stringent posted:

That's a weird question and I don't know why you assumed I was doing a bit. Anyhow it was a kneejerk reaction on my part, where I'm from just possessing cocaine is a felony, and seeing it just thrown out like that bothered me.

Ok well up north we are cool and don’t act like huge dorks

What part of the south? No one in Florida cares at all!

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

Bust Rodd posted:

Ok well up north we are cool and don’t act like huge dorks

That is categorically untrue and I demand a retraction.

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

its called the chapo to fash cokeline

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

peanut- posted:

I’m here for really audibly doing coke mid-episode

virgil's back!?

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
will could stand to give his collapsed nasal passages a break before he heads into artie lange territory

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

The Muppets On PCP posted:

will could stand to give his collapsed nasal passages a break before he heads into artie lange territory

he's always sounded like that tho

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Why is it always "The Chapos are on coke?" Because that's the rich people drug? Why can't they be doing krokodil? Let your imagination soar.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

OctoberCountry posted:

Dersh is not picky about doing media appearances

lol speaking of

https://twitter.com/mtracey/status/1134156458831089666

yorkinshire
Apr 28, 2009

In space no one can hear your dope beats.

Just watched the video portion and it's just Michael and dersh docking in silence for a few minutes.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Lmfao, talk about two peas in a pod

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

The TrueAnon exchange that lead to that thing sprouting out again was funny:

https://twitter.com/TrueAnonPod/status/1267676322089668608

https://twitter.com/TrueAnonPod/status/1267679194030342145

https://twitter.com/TrueAnonPod/status/1267679491574259713

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

aw yeah baby, let's solve this with good, old-fashioned policy

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Civilized Fishbot posted:

it's only medically legal in my state for now, hoping for full recreational legalization soon

The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

You should throw it in the ocean.

Stringent posted:

he's always sounded like that tho

He sounds like he has food in his mouth half the time.

The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

You should throw it in the ocean.

i say swears online posted:

ma'am, are these fellers botherin' yew?

This was maybe the best CumTown bit of 2019

T. Bombastus
Feb 18, 2013
Brace is the king of making people not-mad online.

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

T. Bombastus posted:

Brace is the king of making people not-mad online.

Too bad he sounds like a stupid wiener

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Wizard Master posted:

jokes on you, he IS a stupid wiener

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Stringent posted:

Imagine listening to Chapo and suddenly having a panic attack because these young men seem to be disregarding the law!!

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

The North Tower posted:

This was maybe the best CumTown bit of 2019

idk, ian with a slide whistle was pretty strong

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

As a chapo listener I have the utmost respect for the police

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Delta-Wye posted:

jokes on you, he IS a stupid wiener

Stupid wieners need the most attention

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

The North Tower posted:

He sounds like he has food in his mouth half the time.

will's voice was definitely different this episode, he sounded like a 40s cartoon kid with a toothache with a dish towel wrapped around his head

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Rother

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
It is allergies. They all have allergies.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

https://twitter.com/roddreher/status/1267954088161017857

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Wizard Master posted:

He uses his stupid wienerness for good, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014