Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Not sure why, executives in my division are already back, probably to set an example. I'm one of four developers on my team and my boss is 100% remote and has been for seven years. There's no reason for us to be in the office

It's virtue signalling

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Britt Burns posted:

:toot: The fact that this thread is dead is really loving with my head :toot:

Inject bleach into it!!

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Britt Burns posted:

it's only been a few days, don't worry, covid is still with us. :blessed:

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

oh yknow just been mainlining the cool zone for a week straight now and getting a bit fast and loose with the posting

Britt Burns posted:

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Admiral Ray posted:

it's only been a few days, don't worry, covid is still with us. :blessed:

there will be a second wave of posting

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Britt Burns posted:

thread's as dead as covid-19 baby

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

nooneofconsequence posted:

thread's as dead as covid-19 baby

thread spread?

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
thread dormant in the hypothalamus

lmaopocalypse
Mar 16, 2020

Google Butt posted:

everyone we need to accept our early traumatic deaths, look forward to posting from the office with all of you soon while we wait for the sweet embrace of roni

getting shot is dying with roni

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

there will be a second wave of posting

The second wave will be way worse than the first.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
thank goodness we're getting rid of some of these roadblocks to safe and productive business!!

https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/1267858519727972359

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
shame about all the dead people and massive economic turmoil because the coronavirus threads have def been a highlight of my posting career

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

Flesh Forge posted:

thank goodness we're getting rid of some of these roadblocks to safe and productive business!!

hahahahaha ha wtf

COVID-420
Apr 21, 2020

Natural cures they don't want you to know about.

Flesh Forge posted:

monthly reminder that the FDA is not meaningfully inspecting our food and the EPA has stopped enforcing nearly all pollution/dumping regulations

businesses have been given multiple executive orders telling them to ignore regulations if it impedes profits

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Cool
https://twitter.com/VaughnHillyard/status/1267860237853302786?s=19

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

you can have a little asbestos, as a treat

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

benzene smells real good though

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Watch this decision retroactively void the Johnson & Johnson verdict for asbestos in baby powder.

Sunny Side Up
Jun 22, 2004

Mayoist Third Condimentist
using the CDC data (https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid19/index.htm) it looks like deaths only went up by 2,919 this week (covid + pneumonia - "pneumonia and covid-19 deaths"). Am I missing something?

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012
lol just got back a positive antibody test from when i had weird flu chills back in march.

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.

nooneofconsequence posted:

benzene smells real good though

Benzene smells terrible. Toluene is where it’s at.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

SpaceCadetBob posted:

lol just got back a positive antibody test from when i had weird flu chills back in march.
are these tests better now?

i should probably get one given the weird corona-esque thing i had back in early to late march.

turd in my singlet
Jul 5, 2008

DO ALL DA WORK

WIT YA NECK

*heavy metal music playing*
Nap Ghost

Mr. Nice! posted:

Give it another two weeks.

Thread title

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

euphronius posted:

why !??

that is so dumb

There's no rhyme or reason to any of this poo poo dude

the city ordered my mom (who is almost 70) and her entire staff (who are all in their 50s, 60s, and 70s) back into her school's office as of yesterday, even though they won't be doing any in-person classes for the entire summer and probably also not in the fall

literally just pointlessly exposing a bunch of people who had been working just fine remotely for two months

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012

Xaris posted:

are these tests better now?

i should probably get one given the weird corona-esque thing i had back in early to late march.

im not 100% but i have strong evidence of a chain of transmission through work with other people also getting positive antibody results from a bunch of us being mildly sick in the winter. going over that with my dr, he is pretty sure the result is accurate.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Irradiation posted:

Benzene smells terrible. Toluene is where it’s at.

yeah, tri nitro

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Sunny Side Up posted:

using the CDC data (https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid19/index.htm) it looks like deaths only went up by 2,919 this week (covid + pneumonia - "pneumonia and covid-19 deaths"). Am I missing something?

That page counts death certificates and the lag between the date of death and the paperwork being lodged means it takes weeks or even months for the data to update accurately

quote:

Note: Provisional death counts are based on death certificate data received and coded by the National Center for Health Statistics as of June 2, 2020. Death counts are delayed and may differ from other published sources (see Technical Notes).

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Flesh Forge posted:

how badly do you have to gently caress up to turn ethanol into benzene

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Sitting in on a lecture from a PA who was working a covid unit at Bellevue hospital in nyc.

Scariest thing is people throwing clots even while on a heparin drip which frankly doesn’t make any sense.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

zegermans posted:

how badly do you have to gently caress up to turn ethanol into benzene

benzene is used in the drying of industrial alcohol as you can only distill to 95% purity

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

FizFashizzle posted:

Sitting in on a lecture from a PA who was working a covid unit at Bellevue hospital in nyc.

Scariest thing is people throwing clots even while on a heparin drip which frankly doesn’t make any sense.

how the gently caress does a coronavirus have this many crazy symptoms

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

That page counts death certificates and the lag between the date of death and the paperwork being lodged means it takes weeks or even months for the data to update accurately

that doesn't mean this info is useless though, as far as I have been able to find it's the only source for uncategorized death counts or historical averages of the same. even though the current data is pretty useless you can see how bad things have actually been compared to the reported numbers at the time. as more time passes and this count evolves you start realizing oh hey, national death rate for the country was *thirty five percent* more than the historical norm back in the early days of April when it was just barely getting warmed up.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Bip Roberts posted:

benzene is used in the drying of industrial alcohol as you can only distill to 95% purity

oh. neat.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
https://twitter.com/Fxhedgers/status/1267872219897556992?s=20

lmao

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

it wouldn't surprise me but that's kind of a nobody account to be reporting supposedly big news like that

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

SKULL.GIF posted:

how the gently caress does a coronavirus have this many crazy symptoms

blood vessels go everywhere my dude

Sunny Side Up
Jun 22, 2004

Mayoist Third Condimentist

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Thank you. What's the best source for """real-time""" deaths? And what about cases? What data do you trust?

Do you think we'll hit a million actual deaths by November?

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/BreakingNAlerts/status/1267871377207459840

Not read the thread to see if this was mentioned so just posting

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

One way to fight the military by giving them an easily communicable disease!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
https://twitter.com/WLWT/status/1267889742114426882?s=20