Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

https://i.imgur.com/yV6RW9x[Hey look it's Roll]jpg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warbird
May 23, 2012

https://i.imgur.com/cauYfCx[Not what you may think is going on here, but it's not good regardless]jpg

Next Issue:

WATERCOLORS

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Even worse than the constant lovely art is the fact that all the canon guys have the typical A-shape while all the women are t&a without even the big hands/feet. This may well also be canon but Mega Man is a franchise I know little about so I am still ensuring my displeasure is known!

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
This issue:

YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND

Also I am forever amused that Protoman's group THE SIX has five members by the time they actually really appear.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I was promised nudity but it's the usual strategic cover-up bullshit

I'm so angry! RAJADÃO!

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
The 6 have Robobro Adon, RoboBro Charlie, RoboBro Guile and maybe Robro Piccolo. Sweet.

Also art obviously influenced by Slayers

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

lol

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
poo poo I forgot to draw the smoke rising from Metal Sonic's palm laser.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
A mistake? Or did someone ELSE shoot X?

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
:golfclap:

Warbird
May 23, 2012

The taint sweat was a nice touch

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Applewhite posted:

I know Das Boo probably gets this an annoying number of times AND that I've asked this question some years past but what art program do you use, DB?

Sorry, I was asleep as hell. Clip Studio Paint! It's fantastic and a one-time friggin' purchase, ADOBE.

ALSO:

YES. THIS. YES.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Can't stop laughing at the bottom right panel, help

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
Besides being really bad I've got a few theories as to why there's so much tonal shifting and every issue seeming to skip very important stuff
1. The artists are only given the vaguest of outlines as to what the story is for the issue and have to fill in the rest themselves, then when the final art comes in the writers have to make up a new story that fits the art they got
2. They're on a tight enough budget and schedule there actually are missing issues. Because they were offering pocket change to students someone who was supposed to draw some of those battles we skipped flaked or were fired -just like princess's writer. There could've also been other editorial gently caress ups like telling an artist they had 2 more pages than they really did.

It was funny seeing stuff like X being chained to the wall in the issue that was totally inspired by the giant feet and hands late 90's more cartoony western comics like cyberfrog, the maxx, and Impulse, then magically part of the betrayers in the next issue.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Warbird posted:

The taint sweat was a nice touch

That’s not sweat...

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Coolness Averted posted:

Besides being really bad I've got a few theories as to why there's so much tonal shifting and every issue seeming to skip very important stuff
1. The artists are only given the vaguest of outlines as to what the story is for the issue and have to fill in the rest themselves, then when the final art comes in the writers have to make up a new story that fits the art they got
2. They're on a tight enough budget and schedule there actually are missing issues. Because they were offering pocket change to students someone who was supposed to draw some of those battles we skipped flaked or were fired -just like princess's writer. There could've also been other editorial gently caress ups like telling an artist they had 2 more pages than they really did.

It was funny seeing stuff like X being chained to the wall in the issue that was totally inspired by the giant feet and hands late 90's more cartoony western comics like cyberfrog, the maxx, and Impulse, then magically part of the betrayers in the next issue.

X also looks like he just ate Roll's ice cream instead of betraying them.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Das Boo posted:

Sorry, I was asleep as hell. Clip Studio Paint! It's fantastic and a one-time friggin' purchase, ADOBE.

ALSO:

YES. THIS. YES.

I use paint tool sai but my skill with it is basically “MSpaint but with layers.”

My flats, shadows and highlights are all the same layer.

I really need to get my poo poo together.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Coolness Averted posted:

There's no budget. They're working for free. For real, it's how they got the license.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I was so distracted by the, uh, moose knuckle that I didn't notice Roll's gravity-defying tits and incredibly pointy nipples until now, another nice touch

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Applewhite posted:

I use paint tool sai but my skill with it is basically “MSpaint but with layers.”

My flats, shadows and highlights are all the same layer.

I really need to get my poo poo together.

I adore Sai, too! I managed to color someone's entire comic in it and despite the 10kX10k canvas limit biting my rear end, it turned out great!

My dude, I love your style. I definitively know you're Applewhite by it. And your comedy is :discourse:!

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
In *MY* script the camera would pull back to reveal CAPTAIN N, THE GAME MASTER and SHORT-PERSON MEGAMAN. There would be some monologuing and then N WOULD DRAMATICALLY PULL BACK HIS JACKET TO REVEAL ANOTHER LETTERMAN'S JACKET WITH THE WILY "W" ON IT.

As a TRUE INDIE e-comics artist, with no formal training aside what I self-learned from AOL RP Anime chatrooms and library-copies of USA Animerica magazine, I :downswords:

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

I would introduce a group called the Mega Busters but at a crucial moment they would flip their insignia upside-down and NOW IT'S A 'W'

idk if they are anti-wily or MM yet

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Victis posted:

I would introduce a group called the Mega Busters but at a crucial moment they would flip their insignia upside-down and NOW IT'S A 'W'

idk if they are anti-wily or MM yet

It's never too late to change your mind on that.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Somebody get Mighty No. 9 into the mix. In retrospect that’s who I should have gone with.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Applewhite posted:

Somebody get Mighty No. 9 into the mix. In retrospect that’s who I should have gone with.

He could be on the grassy knoll?

Solar Tornado
Aug 9, 2016

A true fool keeps on fighting, even when there is no more glory to be gained

Megaman's hands are more expressive than his face.
Like, this artist must've heard that drawing hands is the hardest part of human anatomy and decided to master the craft and nothing else.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

it was never an N to begin with, it was a W with the top part folded over a little bit

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Solar Tornado posted:

Megaman's hands are more expressive than his face.
Like, this artist must've heard that drawing hands is the hardest part of human anatomy and decided to master the craft and nothing else.

That feels like a very 90s thing, and to be honest, it doesn't seem like the worst idea to start from. Hands are expressive.

Tunicate posted:

it was never an N to begin with, it was a W with the top part folded over a little bit

For a second I thought that was a Smash Bros render. Reminded that, with Simon, there were jokes that Smash Ultimate is a long-awaited Captain N reunion.

Though is it just me, or is Captain N basically Marty McFly?

Warbird
May 23, 2012

I want to say I've heard it was an inspiration for his design, but I could be talking out of my rear end here.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
I think everything about Captain N just screams generic cool 80s kid (red letter jacket etc).

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Chapter 15: We hang out a lot with a bunch of randos

We're 15 pages in so you should drat well know at this point, but probs don't be reading this at the office.

https://i.imgur.com/XQpyAno[Roll has a crotch plate for some reason]jpg

Warbird fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Jun 3, 2020

Warbird
May 23, 2012

https://i.imgur.com/OUoCKtA[They've reigned this in from past issues, but ya know...]jpg

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Warbird
May 23, 2012

What's going here is much much dumber than what you may be thinking.

NEXT ISSUE:

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
I am really looking forward to final issue reactions.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

I'm really looking forward to seeing whether there's an actual ending or if it just stops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Those watercolors are harrowing. I wonder if those pages were original inks?