Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Schwza
Apr 28, 2008
B, focus on gaining intel on what they are doing in Kitron

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

A - I'm willing to back Tudiya's play on this.

Question for Tudiya though: "Any suggestions on what I should tell people in order to calm them down on the topic? Something like 'The time is not quite right?' maybe?"

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

TK-42-1 posted:

Is there any way you think we would be able to at least get eyes on the place? Some information about the situation might settle the restless brave

Seconding this.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Tell Tudiya that we worry it is a spearhead, a staging point for additional attacks into Ur. Push for a long-term intel gathering effort. If we have any reason to believe they are mustering strength rather than just mocking us, we should revisit.

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope
B.

I want to convince Tudiya to sanction sending Paebel and perhaps a mighty man bodyguard to scout Kitron and get some real information about how much is there. Paebel scouts, the MM is for faster overland travel and stays far away, I trust Paebel to know when he'd need to stash the ride.

Polgas
Sep 2, 2018

With one hand he saves gebs. With the other he commits goblin genocide. A true neutral.

Schwza posted:

B, focus on gaining intel on what they are doing in Kitron

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

B, intel gathering

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
B: We now have a means of observing them from a greater distance, via the Embiggeners. If we can use those to keep watch, what we learn could be useful. I fear if we do nothing we will face two Kitrons after the next jubilee, then, four, eight and so on. This might be them at their weakest.

Bob Tuskins
Jul 27, 2007

I couldn't imagine life without the beautiful sight of the green horde
What do you intend to do if Dor is attacked?

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

I AM ZEPA AND I CLAIM THESE LANDS BY RIGHT OF CONQUEST
A

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

Diogines posted:

"But it is unlikely, very unlikely that Zepath will be their target on the next Jubilee if we remain to protect it, unlikely enough that I am ready to rely upon it being so. More likely they will attack other cities further up the coast, or possibly Dor."

This is the most interesting bit to me, because it seems to run counter to his normally overwhelming concern for Zepath.

Why do you think Zepath will be safe?

Have you gotten any information to that effect while I was gone?

If you think Zepath will be safe on the Jubilee, what would you advise we focus on in the meantime?

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

I wish I had a sister like my big strong Daddy :(
Tell him we have a "hunch" that we need to take action against Kitron, surely that will work.

A

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope
Question
I'd like to reference our intrinsic knowledge of the Laurels. At the time we were given them, we were told they applied to anybody within a 'non-trivial unit of distance' from us while we wore them. Do we have any feel for if that unit of distance is far enough that us wearing them in Kavodel would apply the masking effect to somebody in Kitron or is it significantly smaller than that?

Might be an Ish question.

edit - relevant portion of the Intrinsic Laurels knowledge:

quote:

Intrinsic Knowledge of the Laurels posted:
*While you wear the Laurels, the likelihood of detection by the Masters of these lands will be reduced, drastically.

*This effect also applies to all of the persons currently with you as of this moment, so long as they remain within [¿¿Unknown Unit of Non-Trivial-Distance??]. This effect will also apply to any who have shed a [¿¿Unknown Unit of Measurement??] of blood or had [¿¿Different Unknown Unit of Measurement??] of their own blood shed alongside you.

*If you remove the Laurels, attention will be drawn to your location, like lighting a torch outside at night.

*The Laurels will only function for a [¿¿Unknown Unit of Time??] unless you strengthen it. At that time they will be mundane until strengthened again. You do not know to do that.

*The distance at which you will be able to sense any of those persons currently present with you has reduced drastically.

*The Laurels are indestructible by mundane means including being burned or subjected to great physical force. If you use their indestructibility to use them as a weapon or for anything other than their intended purpose, someone or something will be rather upset with you.

*If a Lesser Being attempts to wear it, they will perish.

Zodiac5000 fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Jun 2, 2020

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

AJ_Impy posted:

B: We now have a means of observing them from a greater distance, via the Embiggeners. If we can use those to keep watch, what we learn could be useful. I fear if we do nothing we will face two Kitrons after the next jubilee, then, four, eight and so on. This might be them at their weakest.

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

B. We need more information. If we ignore the problem it will only get worse. El favors those who strive against great odds for a noble cause. How can we expect El's patronage if we ignore affronts to El in his lands?

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.
B. The ocean can field things like the Doom that's true, but it's super unlikely they have something like that at Kitron. For now, if we just leave them to do as they will then eventually they might. Although they must have some plan, having taken land so close to us, and surely it is terrible, we need to know what it is and stop it.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

Bob Tuskins posted:

And what does Zepath do if it becomes isolated from the rest of Ur? I know we're very isolationist and he's squirreling grain away but the strongest defense involves standing together as we saw with Acco.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

A

If 3dad won’t do it we should do it ourselves.

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

Theglavwen posted:

B. The ocean can field things like the Doom that's true, but it's super unlikely they have something like that at Kitron. For now, if we just leave them to do as they will then eventually they might. Although they must have some plan, having taken land so close to us, and surely it is terrible, we need to know what it is and stop it.

Agreed

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

TK-42-1 posted:

Is there any way you think we would be able to at least get eyes on the place? Some information about the situation might settle the restless brave
"If a volunteer was asked for we would have our pick of them and there are many who may go if simply asked. And beyond the hazard that they will simply die, or that they return contaminated or a weapon, is the risk that the demons will learn more of us from whoever is sent. You have done well to ensure none from Kavodel go to Kitron, ensure it remains so."

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Eat The King he can't be trusted to attack Join The Glorious Fish Forces in Kitron

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Bob Tuskins posted:

"I have been thinking upon it for ten years. I wish to see what else may be discovered first and what the demons do, but we may offer to take in refugees, or urge Awan towards the interior. But we will not march to Dor's defense. What happened at Acco was a mistake and it will not be repeated."

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Diogines posted:

But it is unlikely, very unlikely that Zepath will be their target on the next Jubilee if we remain to protect it, unlikely enough that I am ready to rely upon it being so. More likely they will attack other cities further up the coast, or possibly Dor."

Victis posted:

This is the most interesting bit to me, because it seems to run counter to his normally overwhelming concern for Zepath.
Why do you think Zepath will be safe?
"Trust that I am confident enough to rely upon it, that Zepath will be safe upon the next Jubilee if we remain here. I will say no more on it."

Victis posted:

If you think Zepath will be safe on the Jubilee, what would you advise we focus on in the meantime?
"Beyond those things I have asked you to build or do, and there may well be more, I trust your judgment on such matters."

Tudiya has given you rules or public works projects before.

Boonoo
Nov 4, 2009

ASHRAKAN!
Take your Thralls and dive back into the depths! Give us the meat and GO!
Grimey Drawer
A

Greggster
Aug 14, 2010

Zodiac5000 posted:

Question
I'd like to reference our intrinsic knowledge of the Laurels. At the time we were given them, we were told they applied to anybody within a 'non-trivial unit of distance' from us while we wore them. Do we have any feel for if that unit of distance is far enough that us wearing them in Kavodel would apply the masking effect to somebody in Kitron or is it significantly smaller than that?

Might be an Ish question.

edit - relevant portion of the Intrinsic Laurels knowledge:

The part about us lighting up like a flame in the night got me thinking ; What if we used this to our advantage? Set a trap, lure whatever searches for us and annihilate it with the combined might of the balls and the shaft.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

AJ_Impy posted:

This with a focus on information gathering.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Greggster posted:

The part about us lighting up like a flame in the night got me thinking ; What if we used this to our advantage? Set a trap, lure whatever searches for us and annihilate it with the combined might of the balls and the shaft.

We tried that. Worked decent minus a couple wrinkles from a little arrow

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Greggster posted:

Would it also light up everyone who was in the stealth field as well? If so it'd blow the trap altogether.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Diogines posted:

"Trust that I am confident enough to rely upon it, that Zepath will be safe upon the next Jubilee if we remain here. I will say no more on it."

This sounds a lot like Melachim NDA talk to me, which really reinforces the idea that A is the correct vote.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

the_steve posted:

This sounds a lot like Melachim NDA talk to me, which really reinforces the idea that A is the correct vote.

yeah A, i'm convinced and doubt we're convincing him

if the fish get more of a finhold during the Third Jubilee we can react then I guess

AbysmalPeptoBismol
Feb 5, 2016

Nausea, heartburn, indigestion, upset stomach, diarrhea!

I'd kinda like to wait till we get our Embiggener Tubes here and reassess the possibility of scouting.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

the_steve posted:

A - I'm willing to back Tudiya's play on this.

Yeah, [b]A.

Task Manager
Sep 5, 2008

A weird time in which we are alive. We can travel anywhere we want, even to other planets. And for what? To sit day after day, declining in morale and hope.
A

Hey Dad, have you had any strange disappearances in Zepath while I was gone?
No, no reason at all, just asking , aha ha. Hah.

ya dangus
Jul 2, 2006
A

We can revisit this matter later

Dr Cheesequake
Dec 23, 2008

I dream of humans and goblins co-existing peacefully
A

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

the_steve posted:

I agree. I think it’s more he’s read the actual covenant that Zepath and Ur proper are beholden to under the stipulation that no one but the King know what it is. He is way, WAY too powerful to have it be merely the Blood. It lends credence to the whole idea that while people can tell us stuff it’s not a good idea because it might give us access to powers or words that drain us faster than we are ready for. Uriah’s kashal or whatever it was at the tower to help us get our dumbass stuck is probably along the lines of what we can do. We can speak the true tongue and call upon our divine power but at what cost? I tend to defer to the people that can calculate it to a specific degree to let us know when we are ready.

It just loving sucks because while we are a potent weapon against our foes, we would be doom to all we love and hold dear if we make a poor decision. And it only takes one, like trying to not breathe. As illuminating as that was, it probably set us back decades as far as the trust levels go.

I’m really looking forward to talking with Ishamal and am reinforcing my view that we should go in there as if we don’t need to know anything from him and allow our mentor and second father to tell us what he needs to. Just tell him we missed him and give him a hug and let it come instead of desperately asking questions hoping to unlock the magic words that will undoubtedly not give us anything we want. Show some maturity. At most ask him if we should send the glowing orbs back when/if we get them.

A

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

AJ_Impy posted:

B

If we're going to trust that we will be safe on the Jubilee, how is that not even MORE reason to take action against Kitron, as long as it's before then?

I don't see the connection between what we heard from Tudiya and voting A.

Victis fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Jun 3, 2020

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

we’re safe as long as we’re in zepath

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

TK-42-1 posted:

we’re safe as long as we’re in zepath

Both Tudiya and the Nikall prophecy were very specific regarding attacks on the Jubilee, so yeah, stay home on the Jubilee. ~40 years from now.

If Tudiya had heard otherwise he wouldn't even be entertaining the idea, which he is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

I wish I had a sister like my big strong Daddy :(

Diogines posted:

Tudiya low-key worshipping NIkall, I dig it.