Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
Aeron supremacy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

aeron, the side of comfort

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Mr. Mambold posted:

A7h reminder

Lmao good times

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

pik_d posted:

Post that dog

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
That's a good fuckin dog m9

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Butterfly Valley posted:

Looks like a good normal dog to me

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps

gently caress

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
That’s class.

Lemon
May 22, 2003

Xabi posted:

That’s class.

Report this man to the RSPCA immediately

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

:)

Everybody post youre dog

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Butterfly Valley posted:

Don’t gently caress dogs imo

Brass Hand
Feb 27, 2020
All dogs own.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->

:h:

Dave Angel
Sep 8, 2004

Bape Culture posted:

:)

Everybody post youre dog

I’m dog

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
No dogs, no masters

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Raffles your dog looks a lot like mine did as a pup. I got the curbwalker pro model * :mrgw:.

*complete with hairy hobbit feet :v:

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
yer an old dog

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

track day bro! posted:

yer an old dog

:woof: hello idiot race

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
also you can't buy a bike from anywhere not even decathlon, i cycled 8 miles to work on a 10 year old mtb because i loving hate working from home and a pal lent me his trek hybrid which instantly got a puncture. everyone selling used bikes are taking the piss trying to sell 8 year old bikes for new prices too

Mr. Mambold posted:

:woof: hello idiot race

hello

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
can't wait to literally become bhyo and not shut the gently caress yup about bikes

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
Just stay away from the lighter fluid

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

track day bro! posted:

also you can't buy a bike from anywhere not even decathlon, i cycled 8 miles to work on a 10 year old mtb because i loving hate working from home and a pal lent me his trek hybrid which instantly got a puncture. everyone selling used bikes are taking the piss trying to sell 8 year old bikes for new prices too

hello

Sellers market innit

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

track day bro! posted:

hello

yeah my bike just got nicked and the insurance paid out which is good, but i can't find a new bike i want to replace it with.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

bike thieves should be whipped to death in the streets with bike chains

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
but how can you catch a bike thief to be whipped when he's riding around on a sick rear end bike

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Anyone?

Bueller?

very carfully

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013
idiot race pedals around going vroom vroom so he can pretend he's a car

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

I sleep in a race car bed

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

I sleep in a race car bed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hO2ws21ERsY

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

my folks got a dog like this recently op she looks the same but brown

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

does anyone know anything about tv's bc I want to buy a 4k one and lol I change my mind every 4 seconds

Brass Hand
Feb 27, 2020

Thirteenth Step posted:

does anyone know anything about tv's bc I want to buy a 4k one and lol I change my mind every 4 seconds

Unless you are after some really specific thing, any mid range Sarnsung or LG will be fine.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

Brass Hand posted:

Unless you are after some really specific thing, any mid range Sarnsung or LG will be fine.

Yeah, there's usually one of them on special offer, too. I rarely use 4k, tbh. The only thing I have available in it is Netflix own stuff.

How important is the smart tv stuff to you? I have a Phillips one I got a few years back and the TV itself is fine, but the smart element is shite. If you're planning on using something like a Chromecast or Apple TV, it won't make much difference.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Some games use 4k, but you'll barely notice it until you get up to 55" and larger screens anyway. One stat I checked (because I am a pathetic gamer nerd) was input lag: https://www.rtings.com/tv/tests/inputs/input-lag since that was important to me and isn't really in the normal stats summaries in the shops.

Like Micko said, smart functions are pretty redundant now since everything has them and you can just use whatever's quickest if you want Netflix or Youtube or whatever.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Also if you're on a budget and aren't going particularly large for the panel, or won't be sitting really close up to it, keep an eye out for good formerly high end/refurb 1080p TVs. I picked up one of the last model LG OLED 1080p teles and the pic quality is pin sharp, 42" sitting about 15 feet away.

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

Bundy posted:

Also if you're on a budget and aren't going particularly large for the panel, or won't be sitting really close up to it, keep an eye out for good formerly high end/refurb 1080p TVs. I picked up one of the last model LG OLED 1080p teles and the pic quality is pin sharp, 42" sitting about 15 feet away.

Like 500 quid is the budget I think

i'm only around 8ft away from the thing so idk if getting a 50" is wise

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

I still use a 50” plasma but I got an oculus quest and it’s actually p cool and good

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Thirteenth Step posted:

I got this and it’s very good

TCL 55DP648 55 Inch 4K Ultra HD HDR 10 Smart TV with Freeview Play (2018/2019 Model) - Silver https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07C5HD175/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_jeK2EbC6T3Q36

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

Thirteenth Step posted:

Check this:
https://www.techradar.com/uk/deals/cheap-4k-tv-deals-sales?region-switch=1591363109

I find it's impossible to tell what size TV is best for a room. 50" looks tiny in a shop next to some of the others.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

RideTheSpiral posted:

I got this and it’s very good

TCL 55DP648 55 Inch 4K Ultra HD HDR 10 Smart TV with Freeview Play (2018/2019 Model) - Silver https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07C5HD175/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_jeK2EbC6T3Q36

TCL tv's are incredibly good for the money; I have no idea how long they will last but you can get two for the price of a bigger brand and they look just as good.