Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Gripweed posted:

What series?

What series!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

the show is called "ballin out super", I credited them in the quote

now, more than ever, support Comedians On Podcasts Watching Anime

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Doc Hawkins posted:

the show is called "ballin out super", I credited them in the quote

now, more than ever, support Comedians On Podcasts Watching Anime

god I wish Ballin Out Super wasn't terrible.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

the show is bad but their merchandise is great

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.
Matt is so terrified of the future he is crying on his vlogs now.

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
why contain it? s'cool

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Gripweed posted:

god I wish Ballin Out Super wasn't terrible.

The later episodes when they watch other anime they enjoy are good. But this lasts like 20 episodes and now it is them watching DBZ, hating it, and phoning in bits.

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

tbf noise complaints are weak rear end poo poo and you should never file them, where i live now my neighbors are up late making noise and the last thing i would do is sic the cops on them even if i have to wake up early in the morning for work

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

just want to say that on that Chapo last week it was p funny that felix described CSPAM when describing what should replace twitter

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot

ur in my world now posted:

why contain it? s'cool

Get the hell out of here Denton.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

the first half of ballin out super before they discuss the episode is still my favorite podcast

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Percelus posted:

tbf noise complaints are weak rear end poo poo and you should never file them, where i live now my neighbors are up late making noise and the last thing i would do is sic the cops on them even if i have to wake up early in the morning for work

my last two jobs have been working overnight at a fancy resort and a comfort inn on an interstate. maybe 3 complaints a night at the resort, two total in the last eight months at comfort inn

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

thotsky posted:

Get the hell out of here Denton.

don't believe me? it's all in the numbers.

1. that's terror
2. that's terror

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Egg Moron posted:

just want to say that on that Chapo last week it was p funny that felix described CSPAM when describing what should replace twitter

I think he still posts here

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Dmitri-9 posted:

lol what a wimp

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

I think he still posts here

Its you isn't it

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

i say swears online posted:

my last two jobs have been working overnight at a fancy resort and a comfort inn on an interstate. maybe 3 complaints a night at the resort, two total in the last eight months at comfort inn

anyone else remember when three olives posted about how children were making noise while playing in the pool in the middle of the day

some people hate fun and other people, and especially hate other people having fun

Hardon Crime
Jan 15, 2020

hubba hubba hubba hubba

Percelus posted:

anyone else remember when three olives posted about how children were making noise while playing in the pool in the middle of the day

some people hate fun and other people, and especially hate other people having fun

lol thats some mr. burns poo poo

i do remember him taking candid photographs of normal people in public to make fun of them

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

ballin out super is good, and so is crying, so there

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Doc Hawkins posted:

ballin out super is good, and so is crying, so there

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/whatwouldDOOdo/status/1268381073551101955?s=20

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

I can't even tell who's owned here

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Crane Fist posted:

I can't even tell who's owned here

If anyone's owned it's a mild own on Patty for not consistently getting the podcast tagline right on the show

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

I Before E posted:

If anyone's owned it's a mild own on Patty for not consistently getting the podcast tagline right on the show

Every week he sounds more suicidal while starting the episode. I'm getting a little worried. :ohdear:

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

Dmitri-9 posted:

He's done it a few times before (There's a youtube clip floating around where he cried in rage at a David Brooks tweet during Corbyn's election period), but this is probably the first time I saw him do it out of fear.

cool dance moves
Aug 27, 2018

Kunster posted:

He's done it a few times before (There's a youtube clip floating around where he cried in rage at a David Brooks tweet during Corbyn's election period), but this is probably the first time I saw him do it out of fear.

What exactly is he making GBS threads his pants about? The imposition of fascism? Impending military coup? I figured hed be over the moon at the masses acquiring class consciousness and acting on it against the overriding capitalist order.

coathat
May 21, 2007

Egg Moron posted:

This is not the only forum to ever exist

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

how did i miss this

https://twitter.com/willmenaker/status/1267160095730946048

i don't care if felix posted here, his discomfort with people liking him is extremely goony

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

cool dance moves posted:

What exactly is he making GBS threads his pants about? The imposition of fascism? Impending military coup? I figured hed be over the moon at the masses acquiring class consciousness and acting on it against the overriding capitalist order.

From what I understand: His fear comes from this being a very, very volatile period of time and that he doesn't necessarily put said riots into a coherent ideology. He doesn't say that to either endorse or condemn them, but rather that expecting stuff to get better any time soon than to only get worse, in no blame towards said rioters due to the damage on society being so entrained that it would require lifetimes to fix it much like building a cathedral, is a bit naive specially considering how hard the forces at will are selling "outsider agitators" or for another "return of normal". Insert Tom Cotton's piece on the NYT, possible future US president in 2024, here.

That being said, he didn't cry for the sake of just negativeness as he said in the end this could turn into hope if this keeps going, so it was in general an overwhelm of all sorts of emotions that lead to him to cry.

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

I got me two olives and a couple of limes

prefect posted:

edit: Mero kinda sounded like he was coughing a lot. :ohdear:

mero smokes an ungodly amount of weed, it's a pretty safe bet that that's the reason for the cough. especially because he was high as gently caress on this episode lmao

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

cool dance moves posted:

when did that happen

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

i mean seriously some of the protest crowds have been booing people who try to burn american flags and loving literally dancing with the police. white liberals have tried to racially segregate the uprising by dividing it into blacks vs white anarchist infiltrators. then they've tried to excluse black voices talking class, imperialism and economics. the liberals are also now pushing the 8cantwait psyop. what kind of class consciousness is that. we're a long way away from that yet.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

of course everyone wants a cheerful, peaceful process. they're going to figure out why radicals operate the way they do soon enough

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

gh0stpinballa posted:

i mean seriously some of the protest crowds have been booing people who try to burn american flags and loving literally dancing with the police. white liberals have tried to racially segregate the uprising by dividing it into blacks vs white anarchist infiltrators. then they've tried to excluse black voices talking class, imperialism and economics. the liberals are also now pushing the 8cantwait psyop. what kind of class consciousness is that. we're a long way away from that yet.

There are sparks of hope in in the protests. Even the succ lib hive that is Portland had people storm and set fire to it's courthouse.

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
presumably matt feels for the amount of violence he is personally witnessing on the streets

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

Kunster posted:

From what I understand: His fear comes from this being a very, very volatile period of time and that he doesn't necessarily put said riots into a coherent ideology. He doesn't say that to either endorse or condemn them, but rather that expecting stuff to get better any time soon than to only get worse, in no blame towards said rioters due to the damage on society being so entrained that it would require lifetimes to fix it much like building a cathedral, is a bit naive specially considering how hard the forces at will are selling "outsider agitators" or for another "return of normal". Insert Tom Cotton's piece on the NYT, possible future US president in 2024, here.

That being said, he didn't cry for the sake of just negativeness as he said in the end this could turn into hope if this keeps going, so it was in general an overwhelm of all sorts of emotions that lead to him to cry.

The metaphor was not about fixing the damage but building a movement out of the discontent.

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

The Cathedral building analogy does make more sense then!

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

nick straight tripping thinking his mutant power would be antmans grow and shrink ability but real heads know he'd have the same power as the x-men sasquatch where he grows hair all over his body except it makes him look more like diddy kong

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Percelus posted:

nick straight tripping thinking his mutant power would be antmans grow and shrink ability but real heads know he'd have the same power as the x-men sasquatch where he grows hair all over his body except it makes him look more like diddy kong

Sasquatch is in Alpha Flight, not the X-Men, isn't he? :spergin:

And his powers are gamma-radiation-based, not mutant. :spergin::spergin::spergin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paffgen
Jul 13, 2009
From what I remember or inferred Matt was scared (as he should be) of the police killing more protesters, them just opening fire on a crowd with regular ammo is in the realm of the very likely.
A little reading: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peterloo_Massacre
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ponce_massacre