Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aabcehmu
Apr 27, 2013

Confusion As a Natural State of Being
Game: Pizza Heroes
Players: 3-5
System: Masks
Format: Discord text chat (invite)
Description: Play as questionably employed super powered teenage delivery people, protecting the pizza from bandits, cops, and a variety of other obstacles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.

Do YOU want to go on a POKéMON adventure of discovery in a STRANGE new world with STRANGE new Types and STRANGE new POKéMON!? Good, because I need grad students to come with me and catalogue this stuff.

This is largely an excuse to draw weird Pokemon and stuff. It's very casual and relies on the players to fill tables for random trait generation. I'm aiming to make 150 of the buggers, and I need your help! Click the picture for the link!

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

The Hundredfold Box

You find a box. Tell it what you want, then open it. That's all.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Game: Survival Song: An Age of Rebellion Star Wars Story
System: Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars system (mostly Age of Rebellion)
Format: Discord/Roll20
Players: 4 - 6
Description: The New Republic has been involved in a major military quagmire and are reeling from the loss of leadership, so how about we play as some SpecOps people doing cool action movie missions while the New Republic changes course.

Zurui
Apr 20, 2005
Even now...

Game: Flying Circus: Mercenaries and Machine Guns Strapped to Powered Kites
System: Flying Circus
Format: Play-by-Post
Players: 3 - 7
Description: As part of a mercenary group of post-Great War pilots, save an innocent village and its population from evil raiders!

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Game: Sailors on the Starless Sea
System: Dungeon Crawl Classics
Time: Saturday 4/25, 9pm PST
Format: Discord
Players: 4~
Description: The classic DCC RPG funnel, Sailors on the Starless Sea. The "funnel" has each player create 4 zero level characters and throws them into a meat grinder. Only the strong, the cautious, or (more likely) the incredibly lucky survive to see level 1. Experience with the system isn't required as zero level is very rules light. Send me a message on Discord if you're interested at kazr#6915

kazr fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Apr 21, 2020

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Game: De Ja Vu
System: Masks
Format: Play-by-Post
Players: 4 - 6
Description: Emperor Demetrius I rules Halycon as a benevolent god-emperor. However a few misguided souls seek to destroy his regime. Stop them! Dr Dominator has been warping reality restore Halycon and it's citizens to normal!

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

Tibalt posted:

Game: The Lost Keep of Karaz Zand
System: Warhammer Fantasy Roleplaying, 4th Edition
Format: Roll20 with voice chat, EST evenings

Description:
Like most people, I'm stuck at home so I'd like to learn something new. As such, I'm learning how to GM using Roll20 and learning the 4th edition of Warhammer Fantasy Roleplaying. Full disclosure, this will be my first time running a game online or playing WHFP, so expect some growing pains and technical issues. The adventure will be set in the rough, lawless lands of the Border Princes as a group of adventurers arrive at the "Free City" of Zandelver. The mayor has barricaded himself in the townmaster's hall, a group of thugs with a mysterious leader are threatening outsiders, and even a dragon has been spotted in the region. Could they all be related to a trio of dwarves searching for their long lost hold, Karaz Zand?

Either way, if you play your cards right, you might end up being a Border Prince yourself!
I'm looking for one or two more players, if anyone is interested. We've played two sessions so far, and I think they've gone well.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
Game: Let's play another game of Twilight Struggle!
System: Twilight Struggle
Format: PBP/Discord

Description: The game itself is a card/event based take on the Cold War 1945-1990, it's a very fun time. Players will join the US, USSR, or remain neutral observers - experience only really needed if you want to take the main leadership role for either side! Otherwise all levels welcome and invited.

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
Game: Fallout: London Calling
System: Gurps
Format: Roll20/Discord voice

Description: Trying this one again. I've set the time for 6PM GMT so I can hopefully get some Brits in this time. If you've ever wanted to fight robot Margret Thatcher, this game is for you! Just PM me.

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Me "IRL" :smug:
Fun Shoe
Game: Orphan Black: Another Story
System: PbtA Playtest
Format: Play by Post

Do you love the show Orphan Black but wish it was more American? Do you miss the year 2014 and also wish you were a clone being hunted by shadowy conspiracies? Do you yearn to be played by Emmy award winning actress Tatiana Maslany? Are you bored and willing to playtest a PbtA fangame? Then have I got a game for you!

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Game: The War of the Witch
System: 5th Edition Dungeons and Dragons
Format: Discord (Deciding between voice or Post)
Players: 5-6
Description: War has come to the lands of the Golden Empire. Princess Victoria leads what is left of her armies against The Witch Queen in a desperate attempt to defeat her and her warlords. Along with the council of the Grand Tower, Princess Victoria is assembling a group of the Empire's most elite adventurers to bring down the Witch Queen once and for all.

Edit: Discord link is fixed

BigRed0427 fucked around with this message at 11:24 on May 11, 2020

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

BigRed0427 posted:

Game: The War of the Witch
System: 5th Edition Dungeons and Dragons
Format: Discord (Deciding between voice or Post)
Players: 5-6
Description: War has come to the lands of the Golden Empire. Princess Victoria leads what is left of her armies against The Witch Queen in a desperate attempt to defeat her and her warlords. Along with the council of the Grand Tower, Princess Victoria is assembling a group of the Empire's most elite adventurers to bring down the Witch Queen once and for all.

Do you have forums thread or discord link for this?

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

Game: Touch the Sky
System: Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition
Setting: Eberron
Format: Play by discord (asynchronous)
Players: Looking for 5
Description:
Stuck in poverty in the slums of Sharn, you’ll do anything to chase your dreams, if only you get the chance... One finally comes in the form of a mysterious handbill offering gold and continued employment for completing a dangerous, unknown task.

(Edited to add pbd format)

Look Around You fucked around with this message at 05:08 on May 10, 2020

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

First it was Candy Land, and goons yelled at each other.

Then it was Chutes and Ladders, and goons continued to yell at each other.

Then it was back to Candy Land again, and the yelling proceeded unabated.

Now, we return with the mutant offspring of popular Nintendo properties and the most basic of children's board games to give you:

Animal Crossing 20: New Horizons in Horticulture (aka Twenty Player poo poo-Talking Hi-Ho Cherry-O)

...where we are once more guaranteed that some incredibly dumb poo poo happens.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3923735

oriongates
Mar 14, 2013

Validate Me!

Game: Apotheosis
System: Badass Kung Fu Demigods PlaytestGame: The War of the Witch
Format: Discord (voice) with roll20 for dice and visual aids.
Players: 1-3
Description: Due to unusual circumstances, you have been forced to join a smartphone-based mobile game called Apotheosis. However, this is not a normal freemium gacha game...this game transforms you into a superhuman badass and pits you against other Players in a battle for survival. (note, this is not intended as a PVP among PCs, but who knows what'll happen?). We've got three players already for this playtest and more information is in the link at the top.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Game Nights Black Agents: Friends of Vlad
System Night's Black Agents
Format Discord (voice) with dice app for rolling and some visual aids
Players 3-5
Description
Nights Black agents is a horror/spy story taking place in the modern world. The PC's are spies, they can range from the John LeCarre "businessman whose business is espionage" all the way up to James Bond, with all points in between. The main goal of the game is your characters either stumbling upon, or being stumbled upon, by vampires. These too range from the Dracula stereotype all the way to psychic monsters. If folks are interested I am looking for between 3-5 people to play, preferably every Wednesday from 6 till about 10/11 BST. This would be on Voiced Discord with the dice roller app being used.

For session 0, a decision needs to be made as to what sort of game folks want to take part in, be it a thriller with lots of henchmen to beat up and guns to shoot, or whether violence does not come often, and is always scary when it breaks out.

Please contact me either in the linked thread, or over PM's. Will leave that thread open for posting/questions.

Thanks everyone, and keep safe!

AzMiLion
Dec 29, 2010

Truck you say?

Game: Curse of Strahd
System: DnD 5th
Format: Play by post with Discord/roll20.
Players: TBD, probably somewhere around 6 per party.
Description:
Come join us on a classic tale of Dread.
Curse of Strahd is a adventure for 5th edition, filled with dread and horror and great potential, Eventually maybe slay a vampire lord, maybe save everyone! Or maybe be lost to the mists forever!

Here's part of the pitch from the book!

quote:

This adventure is a retelling of the original Ravenloft adventure, which was published in 1983 by TSR, Inc. In the years since, the original has gained a reputation as one of the greatest Dungeons & Dragons adventures ever, and it went on to inspire the creation of a campaign setting of the same name in 1990: Ravenloft, home of the Domains of Dread.

edit: Was initially looking for 3-4 players, now just seeing what we end up with and making a group size decision after that, potentially running more than one group.

AzMiLion fucked around with this message at 10:40 on May 20, 2020

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Game: [5e DnD] Tales of the Yawning Portal
System: DnD 5th
Format: Play by post with Discord/roll20.
Players: TBD, probably somewhere around 5.
Description:
Planning to run all of the adventures in this massive mega adventure book, assuming the party is interested in continuing.

In addition I am hoping to playtest some of my homebrew classes, so they will be available to play if anyone would like to try them out.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

hexwren posted:

First it was Candy Land, and goons yelled at each other.

Then it was Chutes and Ladders, and goons continued to yell at each other.

Then it was back to Candy Land again, and the yelling proceeded unabated.

Now, we return with the mutant offspring of popular Nintendo properties and the most basic of children's board games to give you:

Animal Crossing 20: New Horizons in Horticulture (aka Twenty Player poo poo-Talking Hi-Ho Cherry-O)

...where we are once more guaranteed that some incredibly dumb poo poo happens.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3923735

I need one replacement player for this. Gameplay is minimal, mostly yelling at other goons.

AnarkiJ
Sep 17, 2006

Oh Mister Murphy!
Mary Jane!

Game: [Cyberpunk Red Jumpstart Kit] A series of one-shot adventures Thread here
System: CP Red JS initially rules as written
Format:Discord - recruitment temporarily suspended due to technical issues, will updates soon.
Players: 3-6 (3 in so far) we can take a few more players as each adventure is one-shot and it helps with people in different time zones.
Description:
Hi so I am recently relearning the ropes as a DM/GM after some years away from TTRPGS, and recently ran a fun and fast game of Cyberpunk Red with some friends. I got some interest in the Cyberpunk 2077 thread about playing so figured I'd open up this up to any goons that want to play!

No experience required, new players are welcome, I have flexibility with time so hopefully if we get enough takers we should be able to run a series of one shot adventures, I have 5 pre-prepared games as well as plenty of ideas for more if things go well!

The nature of one shots and the basic jumpstart rules means pre-generated characters, and open to people dropping in and out as there isn't a scope to run a full campaign until the full corebook launches.

AnarkiJ fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Jun 7, 2020

BallisticClipboard
Feb 18, 2013

Such a good worker!

Game: New Kids on the Block
System: 13th Age with some house rules
Format: pbp
Players: 3-5
Description: You and your friends are the founding members of the only adventurer's guild in town. Go out and do what adventurers do except we're in the modern era.

BallisticClipboard fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Jun 18, 2020

SirFozzie
Mar 28, 2004
Goombatta!
Really want to play a Soulbound: AoS (or even run it).

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

SirFozzie posted:

Really want to play a Soulbound: AoS (or even run it).

Be the change you wish to see.

SirFozzie
Mar 28, 2004
Goombatta!
Be the change? Fine. Call me Tzeentch:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3926449
Title: The Hidden Realm(gate)
System: Soulbound: Age of Sigmar
Format: PBP or discord
Players (up to six)

Brief summary: "Party gets dropped into the Parch (fairly literally, airdrop!) to find a realmgate that is rumored to have been sealed off in the Age of Chaos. Of course, everyone else wants this as well. The party not only has to find it, but see if it can be activated long enough to bring Stormcast in to start to purify the area. Of course, the problem is that getting there is only half the fun, and even once dropped in, you're not exactly in friendly territory....

Any type of characters from the Soulbound corebook is fine. (If you want to make a custom archetype, I have no problem with it if it fits with the group

Class Warcraft
Apr 27, 2006

Game: Goon vs. Goon - Bolt Action Stalingrad Megagame
System: Bolt Action
Format: Play-by-post
Players: 5+ spots left
Description:

Do you want to watch teams of goons take command of WW2 forces and send them to their deaths? Do you like Combat Mission but wished that it required a human to painstakingly build and paint every aspect of the game instead of using a computer? Then come visit scenic Stalingrad in the Goon vs. Goon Bolt Action Megagame! No experience required.

Command a platoon of infantry (or other units) and wield it against fellow goons as both sides duke it out for control of different areas of the city, or just watch and enjoy the carnage!

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Game: Cowtown
System: Urban Shadows
Format: PbP
Players: 4-5
Description: Make your mark, supernatural or otherwise, on Columbus - an Ohio city growing in population, opportunities, problems, and darkness.

Heliotrope fucked around with this message at 09:43 on Jun 9, 2020

Ramba Ral
Feb 18, 2009

"The basis of the Juche Idea is that man is the master of all things and the decisive factor in everything."
- Kim Il-Sung
Game: Life During Wartime
System: Star Wars FFG
Format: Discord/Roll20
Players: 1-2 more players
Description: I'm taking over for a previous GM and need to gather up a few more players. So, did you ever wanted to found a colony during the Galactic Civil War to get away from it all? (I hope so!) Did you ever play Alpha Centauri and think that it was a great game? (It is.) You played Rimworld and think you can do better? (You probably can!) Then join up! Hopefully, the colony doesn't turn out to be Hadley's Hope!

It is a Sunday game from 6PM CST to 9PM CST.

If you're interested, please join the SomethingAwful Star Wars discord and let us know!

https://discord.gg/5Gt4kvd

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

You are a slave to a cruel Queen who is forcing you to delve a terrifying dungeon to retrieve something for her. Will you survive? Open recruitment, allowing just about any number of players.

Sax Solo
Feb 18, 2011

Game: Free Critters of the Freewater
System: Mausritter (was in the Bundle for Racial Justice and Equality)
Players: currently full
Description:
Cute mice in a dangerous D&Dish world, trying to do a little good, and get a little money.

I haven't played this system before and my GM skills are pretty rusty. I'll be adapting a published module to start. It may be a oneshot or may open up into a hexcrawl campaign, depending on how it goes.

Sax Solo fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Jun 21, 2020

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE
Game: Beast Gods
System: PDQ
Players: 5-8 players
Description:
The beast tribes of Estim are on the verge of destruction. Once all the lands of Estim belonged to them, but a millennia ago people came from across the eastern sea to claim new lands and new opportunities. With their more advanced technology and magic, these invaders have slowly become dominant on the continent. Each tribe now hangs onto survival by the thinnest of threads. Hopelessness and despair have become rampant, and the survivors cry out to the heavens for salvation. It is from their desperate prayers you are born. How will you save them? What will you do?

Skeletome
Feb 4, 2011

Tell them about the tournament!

On the off chance this forum falls apart are there any other good spaces for finding roleplaying games? This place has always been pro LGBT and not full of weirdos so I'm hesitant to try and find games anywhere else..

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
SA trad games discord should work:

https://discord.gg/JdMsEu

There's also the Hyphz's Experimental Gaming Experience Discord:

https://discord.gg/UVVuce

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

The LP subforum discord has made a safety net/migration point called LP Beach, and there's a place for Trad Games there.

CrashScreen posted:

Yeah, unless the mods manage to fix the situation on here (no timescale on that but hopefully they'll succeed soon), we're moving over to LPBeach. If you're following any LPers who haven't seen the news yet, it might be worth pointing this out to them too. It'll be more successful if we're all together. That's especially more important for SSLPs too.

e: Note: The site is still under work but it's functional. They're working on an image host and its presentation now, but there's a suggestion board too.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Mr. Prokosch posted:

SA trad games discord should work:

https://discord.gg/JdMsEu

There's also the Hyphz's Experimental Gaming Experience Discord:

https://discord.gg/UVVuce

Second link is dead.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

Golden Bee posted:

Second link is dead.

I'm a mod for that server; we currently have invites disabled because holy poo poo we were not expecting the turnout we got and we're debating how to handle the influx of people.

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
Game: Osaka: Kuidaore
System: Urban Shadows
Format: PbP/Discord
Players: 3+
Description:
Wanted to run Urban Shadows and I love/live in Japan. Don’t have much of a plot at the minute but hope we can work that out together with the players.

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

Game: A Series of Dungeon Crawling One Shots
System: Into The Odd (and later KNAVE/ Dungeons and Dragons 5e/ Pathfinder 2e/ Warhammer Fantasy Roleplaying 4e)
Format: Foundry VTT with Discord Voice
Players: 4 to 6

Description: I want to run a series of one shot dungeon crawls in a bunch of different systems, so that I can provide an informed opinion about it. We're starting with Into The Odd, a rules light OSR game about exploring strange tunnels full of mysterious spells beneath a steampunk city. Also, you don't have to commit to playing each session, feel free to jump in only when you're interested in the session.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Game: Underground Wrestling Federation
System: World Wide Wrestling
Format: Discord Asynch
Players: 4 to 6

Description: Welcome to the Underground Wrestling Federation! We are an ILLEGAL fighting ring where combatants fight in a secluded location. Our fights are brutal, our competitors are bloodthirsty and our spectators are always baying for blood! Do you have what it takes to rise up the ranks and take your place as the champion?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"
Game: [CYOA] House of Spirits: Resurgence - Manipulating Our Small Joints
System: CYOA/Full Impact MMA
Players: As many as would like to join
Description:

You are an Ex-Fantasy MMA Fighter who retired for whatever reason from the sport, but at the turn of the decade you are given an opportunity to reenter the League, not as a competitor but as the owner of your own stable. With some financial backing and something to prove it’s up to you to scout talent, train your fighters, compete in tournaments and watch your fantasy combatants beat the poo poo out of other fantasy fighters for the honour, glory, and acquisition of money for your Clan.

Your rivals will not want you to succeed, sometimes the referees will give the win to your opponent on a tiny technicality, and sometimes the worst opponents you’ll have to face are the dumbasses under your own banner as they manage to injure themselves in the process of trying to throw a punch.

But you didn’t dive right into this expecting it to be easy did you?