Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

naem
May 29, 2011

it is cute and nice amd fun

I like things

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

naem posted:

I like things

You giblet-head.

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

Khanstant posted:

I'm really wondering why this character/style guide features hank with a freaky bobby-headed snake? is that in the show at some point and i totally forgot bobby-snake??

It's just a riff on the don't. The way pupils are drawn, if they're drawn incorrectly then they look like a cartoon reptile's eyes. Ergo, random reptile/snake. With Bobby's head because why not. There's a few of the style guides that do that.

https://imgur.com/a/PiJLk - full list

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

naem posted:

I like things

bwah!

The Bible
May 8, 2010

SilvergunSuperman posted:

You giblet-head.

Giblet-head?! That's hitting below the belt!

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

ishikabibble posted:

It's just a riff on the don't. The way pupils are drawn, if they're drawn incorrectly then they look like a cartoon reptile's eyes. Ergo, random reptile/snake. With Bobby's head because why not. There's a few of the style guides that do that.

It always tickles me that this style guide is annotated in comic sans

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

ishikabibble posted:

No high fives!

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

If your city does not recieve enough water to support a lawn its a sign that as Peggy Hill put it: this city should not exist its a monument to mans arrogance.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

ishikabibble posted:

Yeah it's more clear when seeing them together, still leaves me wishing they had cause to include bobby-snake at some point. Dream-sequence or something.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

"Representative Drew Brees thinks your problem and flag-burning... are among the biggest problems facing America today. That's why Drew Brees has introduced House Resolution 11-4-61."

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Hyrax Attack! posted:

"Representative Drew Brees thinks your problem and flag-burning... are among the biggest problems facing America today. That's why Drew Brees has introduced House Resolution 11-4-61."

How it really feels to write your representatives.txt

drunk mutt
Jul 5, 2011

I just think they're neat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJdgErAfiRQ

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

https://twitter.com/DBZAOOC/status/1269052778825035781?s=20

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
There's a great bit in that scene where he calls muhammad ali Cassius clay. Like he's his go to example and clearly respects his talent, but Muhammad just seems a little too exotic, you know?

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Milo and POTUS posted:

There's a great bit in that scene where he calls muhammad ali Cassius clay. Like he's his go to example and clearly respects his talent, but Muhammad just seems a little too exotic, you know?

He was actually referring to the original Cassius Clay the Kentucky abolitionist who once got shot by a pro-slavery assassin during a speech, stopped to kick that guys rear end with his bare hands, and then returned to finish his anti-slavery speech.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I seriously doubt it. Fighting in that time wasn't known for its finesse and it'd be far more in character for hank to reference something he was familiar with as a child

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

Is there a point when the show is known to jump the shark?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
i think king of the hill's jump the shark moment was manic-khan day, which is kind of lucky for them

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

The White Dragon posted:

i think king of the hill's jump the shark moment was manic-khan day, which is kind of lucky for them

and even then we still got "sadness covers me like a blanket, tuck me, let me die"

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Several individual episodes jump the shark but it rarely signifies a steady drop in quality like most "shark jump" moments do. Like there's no equivalent for the Simpsons "Principal and the Pauper" where everything after that steadily sucks worse and worse.

I might say that the final season has a few more weird plots and less good jokes than usual, but there are still really good episodes all the way up to the very end.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

manic khan day is definitely an "we're outta gas" episode

which is a great episode to end on tbf

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Hank definitely sets a guy up to get raped by a dolphin and that's not okay.

JfishPirate
Jun 24, 2006
I have been grossly misinformed about witches.

Drink-Mix Man posted:

Is there a point when the show is known to jump the shark?

I'd have to vote for the MySpace episode. Season 13 in general is pretty poor, with the Manic Khan and Canada episodes being two of the show's worst. The MySpace episode, however, is one that is hopelessly outdated, based around a character who has no business being anything more than a background player, and that just isn't really entertaining at all. It reeks of a plotline that was only approved because the writers had ran out of ideas, a classic "jump the shark" point.

I've rewatched the show numerous times, but I always skip Season 13, other than the series finale. There's just not many good ideas, or mediocre ideas executed well, in those 24 episodes.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

JfishPirate posted:

I'd have to vote for the MySpace episode. Season 13 in general is pretty poor, with the Manic Khan and Canada episodes being two of the show's worst. The MySpace episode, however, is one that is hopelessly outdated, based around a character who has no business being anything more than a background player, and that just isn't really entertaining at all. It reeks of a plotline that was only approved because the writers had ran out of ideas, a classic "jump the shark" point.

I've rewatched the show numerous times, but I always skip Season 13, other than the series finale. There's just not many good ideas, or mediocre ideas executed well, in those 24 episodes.

The Myspace episode is definitely in my top 3 least favorite episodes. In fact, all of them would be from Season 13. "Bill Gathers Moss" or whatever it was called, when principal Moss and a former playboy bunny move into Bills house and become involved with Russian criminals. Like what the actual gently caress.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

There is a pretty noticeable dip in quality starting in season 9, imo. It is still good but not nearly as good as the earlier seasons.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Traxis posted:

There is a pretty noticeable dip in quality starting in season 9, imo. It is still good but not nearly as good as the earlier seasons.

Wasn't 9 supposed to be the last season?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I think animated shows all start to drop around the same point. They can be good, if a shadow of their former selves, or they can just limp across the finish line but there's a noticeable dip at around season 9 for pretty much any show I've ever liked.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Maybe 10

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

You're lucky to make it to 9-10, Rick and Morty had 2, Bob's Burgers 3.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

American Dad is still on and still good.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

The Kingfish posted:

American Dad is still on and still good.

American Dad is extremely weird in this regard. I have way more fun watching later seasons rather than old ones. It's like the first 3 or 4 seasons aren't even worth watching, and somehow the newest episodes are some of the funniest. I have no idea why.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

PinheadSlim posted:

American Dad is extremely weird in this regard. I have way more fun watching later seasons rather than old ones. It's like the first 3 or 4 seasons aren't even worth watching, and somehow the newest episodes are some of the funniest. I have no idea why.

Roger becoming the main character.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Roger becoming the main character.

You're right it's this, but also Steve. Any episode where he sings.

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

SilvergunSuperman posted:

You're lucky to make it to 9-10, Rick and Morty had 2, Bob's Burgers 3.

I'd say there was still good stuff happening in Bob's Burgers up through at least season 6. I still enjoyed it up until this latest season, which has just been dull.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I'm shocked that Peggy never said "Grande Canyon."

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Detective No. 27 posted:

I'm shocked that Peggy never said "Grande Canyon."

or as i like to call it, el cañyon grande

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
Just rewatched Unfortunate Son, and the details I missed before just make the show so much better.

- Peggy signing along with Flashdance
- The Vietnam vets using hand signals to communicate
- Cotton still being able to hear them coming because he heard a twig snap

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

hank seems really ok with death resignation in that one

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Raskolnikov38 posted:

manic khan day is definitely an "we're outta gas" episode

which is a great episode to end on tbf

i don't really remember this one so i looked it up.I'm more caught up with this bobby b-plot? I think...I'm bobby, right now not getting the joke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Khanstant posted:

i don't really remember this one so i looked it up.I'm more caught up with this bobby b-plot? I think...I'm bobby, right now not getting the joke.

the A plot is just a script written based on words pulled out of a hat. khan is bipolar and is also building a sentient grill is just too random