Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Ah yes a lamer version of the King of Comedy is programming all these people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

STAC Goat posted:

(and probably cover up some poo poo since four years conveniently puts the dissolution of their marriage smack dab in the middle of the Roger Ailes/Bill O'Reilly/Fox News sexpest shitstorm).

ooooooh

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

STAC Goat posted:

If you read the article its actually clear that they've been completely separated for four years and he's just lied to maintain his conservative credibility (and probably cover up some poo poo since four years conveniently puts the dissolution of their marriage smack dab in the middle of the Roger Ailes/Bill O'Reilly/Fox News sexpest shitstorm).

They wife/partner swapped didn't they.

And not that wholesome partner swapping, but the depraved kind.

XtraSmiley
Oct 4, 2002

Twelve by Pies posted:

I listened to a little of Glenn Beck today and it made me pretty upset. Not like, filled with rage, but he had a woman named Laura Hogan on who apparently used to work for CBS or something, and brought her on specifically so she could talk about how Antifa and the communists are feeling cornered and are using the protests to destroy Christianity and baseball and mom and apple pie. I'm upset because I know Beck is a grifter, he probably believes very little of what he says, but I feel like she's probably a true believer and he's just giving her a platform to spread these lies. Even if his audience is smaller than it was during his prime, it's still depressing he has an audience at all.

e: Scott Adams has figured it all out, guys. The protests are happening because people saw the move Joker and it is mind controlling them.

https://twitter.com/ScottAdamsSays/status/1268293711789604865

Wow, I never thought I would agree with the Dilbert guy. He's right you know. Not about the Joker, but about Fox News and their audience.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Lara Logan is a joke that somehow still gets work. She has had so many issues with stories over the years that I’ve lost count. Apparently she’s moved to the right-wing grift circuit.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

XtraSmiley posted:

Wow, I never thought I would agree with the Dilbert guy. He's right you know. Not about the Joker, but about Fox News and their audience.

Yeah it's kinda amazing to hear "Fox News exploits the human instinct toward pattern recognition to get you to buy their bullshit" from Scott Adams, whose misapplied sense of pattern recognition makes him say the dumbest poo poo imaginable :allears:

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
https://twitter.com/HarrietSergeant/status/1268225717650817025

imagine being this sociopathic

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

FlamingLiberal posted:

Lara Logan is a joke that somehow still gets work. She has had so many issues with stories over the years that I’ve lost count. Apparently she’s moved to the right-wing grift circuit.

I knew she looked familiar (saw her meltdown on twitter) and couldn't place it until I was visiting my parents and my dad brought up how she'd gone off the deep to my mom.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I hadn’t really heard about her at all since she got in trouble for airing a bunch of BS about Benghazi

Really a steep fall to go from 12 years at CBS to now being with Sinclair. Apparently she did some series on Fox called ‘Lara Logan Has No Agenda’ which makes me laugh. She was always super pro-military and that got her in trouble a lot. Now that she is no longer with CBS she has gone full CHUD from what I can tell.

Crunch Buttsteak
Feb 26, 2007

You think reality is a circle of salt around my brain keeping witches out?

BigDave posted:

They wife/partner swapped didn't they.

And not that wholesome partner swapping, but the depraved kind.

Yes, mutually-agreed-upon and consensual swinging couples deserve respect. Hannity is more the guy that says "yeah, me and my wife have an open marriage" really loudly at parties whenever they're having even a mild argument.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

I'm not going to respect them but yeah Hannity's definitely more like that Silicon Valley dork.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Wonder how the RWM will spin this.

https://twitter.com/greg_doucette/status/1268053040524918786?s=20

PJOmega
May 5, 2009
"Well if the THUGS and ANTIFA hadn't RIOTED then this innocent WHITE girl wouldn't have been put in DANGER by our BRAVE MEN in BLUE doing what was NECESSARY to keep the PEACE."

Edit: that is of course if it is acknowledged at all.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, the answer to any "How does RWM spin this?" question in 2020 is "ignore it entirely and if it does come up call it a hoax."

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Cythereal posted:

Wonder how the RWM will spin this.

"Fake News"

That, and they'll just not report it.

In other words:

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah, the answer to any "How does RWM spin this?" question in 2020 is "ignore it entirely and if it does come up call it a hoax."

Thing about accurate information surrounding these protests is I've gotten probably 95% of my information on them from live streams and from friends I have on the ground but your average CHUD is just gonna read FB, watch FOX and listen to Hannity on their commute.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

STAC Goat posted:

It's a coping mechanism because the fact that our neighbors are literally in a cult that reveres an idiot hurts.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
https://twitter.com/MrAndyNgo/status/1268639250544652288

I wonder how you sue a bunch of anonymous people?

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Did he lose a fight with himself again?

Or is he just reusing old stuff from months (centuries) ago? It looks like a milkshake again.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009
As a Portland adjacent resident fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck Andy Ngo with a baseball bat.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

PJOmega posted:

As a Portland adjacent resident fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck Andy Ngo with a baseball bat.

Kinky :pervert:

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

If you scroll down a bit you see some idiot
posting a picture of an "Antifa symbol" next to a "Nazi symbol" and except for the words, they're identical. Are they really trying to say Antifa are Nazis? Really?

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Yes, antifa are the real Nazis, which are bad.

Unlike the actual neo-Nazis, who are of course good.

Everything the right does is projection (see: Democrats are the real racists, which is bad, unlike us the race realists we are good because we don't go for that PC 'all races are equal' crap)

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Kind of an out-of-the-blue question here, but do you think we will ever see the death of Fox News as a network within a millenial age bracket's lifetime? Also same question but with Talk News Radio; I feel like that one will go down quickly once Rush finally kicks the bucket since there's not really anyone else to 'pass the mantle' to in a sense, and the closest thing they had was when Glen Beck was still doing his radio show before jumping aboard the crazy train at Fox News.

I've seen how it's affected my parents and especially my dad, who listened to the Limbaugh program religiously in his truck as a contractor during long commutes, totally warped his brain. Really wanna see it dead and buried, just not sure how long that will take.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Parrotine posted:

Kind of an out-of-the-blue question here, but do you think we will ever see the death of Fox News as a network within a millenial age bracket's lifetime? Also same question but with Talk News Radio; I feel like that one will go down quickly once Rush finally kicks the bucket since there's not really anyone else to 'pass the mantle' to in a sense, and the closest thing they had was when Glen Beck was still doing his radio show before jumping aboard the crazy train at Fox News.

I've seen how it's affected my parents and especially my dad, who listened to the Limbaugh program religiously in his truck as a contractor during long commutes, totally warped his brain. Really wanna see it dead and buried, just not sure how long that will take.

I don't think it'll ever truly go away, but it will exist in other forms. Podcasts will eventually eclipse talk radio and the explicit Fox News right wing content will be spun off into a separate channel, like what Roger Ailes planned to do with Trump once he lost 2016.

Disney owns Fox and I can't seriously think they would allow such a notorious brand like Fox News to impact the mouse.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
disney didnt buy FN, Murdoch made sure to keep it.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

BigDave posted:

I don't think it'll ever truly go away, but it will exist in other forms. Podcasts . . .
I think there's a big market for that, but you need the Joe Rogan-style successes and the Tubers that plunk away to really establish that field.

There'll likely be a little bit of a lurch as old fucks die and new, young fuckwads who know how to meme/hit-like-to-subscribe take the field.

I don't know if FoxNews.TV can stay on as an evangelical-aligned place, or as more of a Libertarian/ "skeptic" branded channel. But that might be a direction to take.

All I know is OAN is so loving bad.

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012
Why do the police even have things like tear gas, flashbang granades and rubber bullets? Is there even a use-case for them?

And even if there is, haven't the police shown that they will misuse such things if they have them?

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Nebrilos posted:

Why do the police even have things like tear gas, flashbang granades and rubber bullets? Is there even a use-case for them?
The US has some dumbass laws that allow the military to offload excess equipment to the cops.

There is no use case for them (other than the kind of fascism we are seeing). At best they would be useful for something like SWAT and actual hostage situations or the like, but they're instead used everywhere because the budget for this is use-it-or-lose-it.

quote:

And even if there is, haven't the police shown that they will misuse such things if they have them?

All it takes to answer this question is to look at the outcomes of officers who have murdered PoC are. The police certainly don't give a poo poo

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

Nebrilos posted:

What do you mean "no use case".

The intended use case is being fully demonstrated right now. Namely, using it to injure protesters, intimidate protesters, and suppress protests and challenges to state authority.

Flash bangs are also used when cops break into people's home to make sure they don't get shot when the surprised homeowner mistakes them for burglars or robbers.

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME

Twelve by Pies posted:

https://twitter.com/MrAndyNgo/status/1268639250544652288

I wonder how you sue a bunch of anonymous people?

Christ, Andy Ngo is such an attention-seeking loser.

JohnClark
Mar 24, 2005

Well that's less than ideal
I have good news! The spin is to say, "the rioters made them do it", and also demand, repeatedly, to know the age of this man's daughter.

https://twitter.com/TimRunsHisMouth/status/1268181584886337536

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

The entire concept of a "Less Lethal Grenade" is just stupefying.

Water balloons and paintball grenades is it. Maybe some sort of Nerf spring-powered thing too.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Taerkar posted:

The entire concept of a "Less Lethal Grenade" is just stupefying.

Water balloons and paintball grenades is it. Maybe some sort of Nerf spring-powered thing too.

Police protests would be a lot more fun if the cops used water balloons and super soakers.

je1 healthcare
Sep 29, 2015

Parrotine posted:

The only way Fox news collapses is if another right-wing network like OANN or Newsmax steals their audience. Which may happen considering the growing number that somehow consider Fox to be too liberal. People predicted that Fox would tank once Roger Ailes died and a bunch of their top hosts got sacked for being sex pests. Nope, their ratings still remained dominant even as sponsors got iffy about supporting Tucker Carlson or Hannity

They exist because of a market demand from people who want a highly-filtered version of reality, if the top conservative pundits vanished then their viewers will seek out another one, and not migrate to actual news sources.

Limbaugh is #1 but he doesn't even command most of that market anymore. There's dozens of other right-wing radio hosts following his same business model for the past 30 years, lots of them are already millionaires and are on Fox's shortlist for future hosts.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
The state of our times in a single picture.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

BigDave posted:

Disney owns Fox and I can't seriously think they would allow such a notorious brand like Fox News to impact the mouse.

Disney doesn't own Fox News. What was 21s Century Fox still exists as they retained ownership of Fox Network, Fox News, and FS1. Those are all still Fox because Disney didn't want them and/or they were conflicts with their existing properties.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Just look at who she is responding to

https://twitter.com/laralogan/status/1268932728210194432?s=21

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

The right is getting better at comedy and it's making the left nervous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Did she have a TBI at some point in the last couple of years?