Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling
Please come to my island and take stuff. I have a giveaway section to the right of the entrance and it's massively overflowing with DIYs, clothing and fossils. Isabelle is mad.

Saharah is here. Dungeon wall and daisy meadow flooring, with rock-climbing wall and white-chocolates flooring for tickets. Rugs are lacy rug, purple shaggy rug and red small round mat.

Marina is in boxes. She's an adorable octopus who deserves her nice house and not her move-in one. Someone come take her away!

If you see Celeste, let me know, it's a perfect night and no sign of her. I have literally never seen Celeste on my island since reset. My old game, I saw her once. I don't think she likes me...

Dodo Code: L4361

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Are shooting stars rare? Should I open up my newbie island to y'all? Celeste is here and I just wished on my first batch of twenty stars.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Xtanstic posted:

Are shooting stars rare? Should I open up my newbie island to y'all? Celeste is here and I just wished on my first batch of twenty stars.

If it's meteor shower that's good
And every bunch of wishes we make on your island gets you fragments too. So I'd say open up!

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Ineffiable posted:

If it's meteor shower that's good
And every bunch of wishes we make on your island gets you fragments too. So I'd say open up!

Are there different kinds? I saw a lot in a short amount of time so I guess it must be a meteor shower! I'll open up after I take the dog out.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/Epic_Care_Car/status/1268329182011875328

Wow, didn't expect a shark to be in the game lol. Then straight after that I caught my second barreleye

bio347
Oct 29, 2012

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

My turnip prices were 170 yesterday afternoon and 155 this morning. Now 70

There's still a chance right, have a small handful of them and a few people I know are looking to offload as well :v:
Not for your island, nope. :)

There are four turnip price patterns: One does nothing but go down, one bounces around randomly within sight of 100, one goes up to a max of ~200 and comes back down (this is the one you have), and the last is the one that goes up really high.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Gave Flick three banded dragonflies

:getin:

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

Radiapathy posted:

According to this guide:

15 points is a LOT for a single item, apparently. Sucks for me because I just built land bridges once I had terraforming instead of waiting/spending for bridges all over the place, but now I need those infrastructure points as well.

By the way: Has anyone ever made a 5-star island that didn't look like poo poo? I am having to just create clutter now in my quest for that 5th star.

i have a 5 star island and i don't think it looks like poo poo, altho i have a couple weird areas because of in progress stuff and flower overflow.

too many flowers :mad:

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva
My 5 star island has a literal pile of poo poo sitting in the middle of a path

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe
My island is nothing special and still has room to grow if they ever add any new buildings. I told myself from the start not to just add stuff I didn't want to rush to 5 stars, so when I got there it was a surprise. So, yeah, I don't know what got me there, but I'm not cluttered and everyone is pretending to be airplanes with all the room.

Boonoo
Nov 4, 2009

ASHRAKAN!
Take your Thralls and dive back into the depths! Give us the meat and GO!
Grimey Drawer

Radiapathy posted:

According to this guide:

15 points is a LOT for a single item, apparently. Sucks for me because I just built land bridges once I had terraforming instead of waiting/spending for bridges all over the place, but now I need those infrastructure points as well.

By the way: Has anyone ever made a 5-star island that didn't look like poo poo? I am having to just create clutter now in my quest for that 5th star.

I dunno if you’d say my island doesn’t look like poo poo, but I hit 5 star without feeling like I just threw a ton of stuff down.

I have everything pretty spread out, and I’m definitely going for a more rural vibe. I have a mountain top cemetery that I like (south east corner). There are a few blah areas, but overall I’m happy with its direction. You can come take a look!

I had too many DIYs in my pile and I fell to a 4 star. I want more Lillies of the Valley, so I’m opening up in case anyone wants to take them off my hands.

I’ve got:
Golden toilet
golden dishes
Cosmos shower
Cherry dress
Iron work table—this one makes pretty good kitchen counters
Log stakes
Matryoshka (Russian nesting dolls)

If you’re feeling generous, I have a small flower breeding island—just north east of residential services. Watering cans are in the stalls. I’m super close to blue roses, so anything helps!

DODO: Closed

I have way too many flowers, and I’m thinning them out. Sorry about all the holes!

Edit: Thanks for coming. Thanks for watering!

Boonoo fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Jun 4, 2020

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Electric Phantasm posted:

Gave Flick three banded dragonflies

:getin:

oh HELL YEAH I'm stoked that those are big as well!

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Radiapathy posted:

According to this guide:

My island is 5* and doesn't look like poo poo. :colbert: I just decorated a little at at time as I went along. I never just put random poo poo down hoping to boost my rating.

It helps if you have a theme in mind. My island's theme is "tropical resort." I have:

an outdoor pool surrounded by pool chairs
a botanical garden
beach chairs and towels lined up and down the beach
a boardwalk along my eastern beach with stalls and palm tree lamps
a beach bar
several picnic areas

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Opening up my newbie island for the first time if you want to pop over for a meteor shower : closed. Thanks for visiting and the gifts!

Xtanstic fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Jun 4, 2020

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva
Snake Pit has turnips for 519 bells

I'm going to be AFK until about 8pm so unfortunately this is only valid until it inevitably goes down

Please from an orderly queue at closed - closed now, thanks goons

avoid doorways fucked around with this message at 09:56 on Jun 4, 2020

E-flat
Jun 22, 2007

3-flat

Bonster posted:

Please come to my island and take stuff. I have a giveaway section to the right of the entrance and it's massively overflowing with DIYs, clothing and fossils. Isabelle is mad.

Saharah is here. Dungeon wall and daisy meadow flooring, with rock-climbing wall and white-chocolates flooring for tickets. Rugs are lacy rug, purple shaggy rug and red small round mat.

Marina is in boxes. She's an adorable octopus who deserves her nice house and not her move-in one. Someone come take her away!

If you see Celeste, let me know, it's a perfect night and no sign of her. I have literally never seen Celeste on my island since reset. My old game, I saw her once. I don't think she likes me...

Dodo Code: L4361

Had a blast at Bonster's place!

And hell, same, Raymond.

(Zucker pointed out that he had a stain on his shirt)

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling

E-flat posted:

Had a blast at Bonster's place!

And hell, same, Raymond.

(Zucker pointed out that he had a stain on his shirt)

Awesome pictures! Thanks for visiting!

Tnuctip
Sep 25, 2017

So Hamphrey, whom id like to stay, has the thought bubbles and is moping around saying “whats my move”. Is it faster to hope the bubble transfers to another villager tomorrow, or just tell him to stay and wait for Shari the stoopid monkey to get it?

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Shari rules. Why do you people hate the awesome primates so much?!

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Tnuctip posted:

So Hamphrey, whom id like to stay, has the thought bubbles and is moping around saying “whats my move”. Is it faster to hope the bubble transfers to another villager tomorrow, or just tell him to stay and wait for Shari the stoopid monkey to get it?

probably faster to leave it, as long as you didn't tell him to stay already. Hope it jumps to Shari tomorrow. If you tell him to stay it'll be several days before anyone else wants to move and then it might not be Shari. I got Bubbles to leave in four days with this method. If they don't lose the bubble throughout the day, they want to go, ime.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

TheBizzness posted:

Shari rules. Why do you people hate the awesome primates so much?!

I feel the same way about the awesome pigs :( Breaks my heart whenever someone hates on Rasher or Chops

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Shari's fine, I like that she's the villager that sings the most on my island. That said, I'm waiting for her to leave because she's the last remaining OG villager and the island demands new blood :unsmigghh:

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Is anyone open right now? I need to get some medicine but my Nooks are closed :(

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Policenaut posted:

Is anyone open right now? I need to get some medicine but my Nooks are closed :(

My nook is open for 9 more minutes

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3923566&pagenumber=5&perpage=40#post505407727

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Right at the last moment! Thanks very much.

Tnuctip
Sep 25, 2017

Licarn posted:

Snake Pit has turnips for 519 bells

I'm going to be AFK until about 8pm so unfortunately this is only valid until it inevitably goes down

Please from an orderly queue with the link in the PGS thread

Thanks for opening up, left you gold armor recipe but you probably already have it because your island is more awesome than mine.

PacoTheThird
Oct 23, 2008
Celeste and Saharah are both in Candor at the moment, so I'm gonna open up for a bit. AFAIK there's no meteor shower, but the skies are clear so ... ? Apple is also making a cardboard table, if anybody's interested. My beach west of the airport also has some spare recipes for your perusal. There's nothing else going on, as all the shops are closed. Come on by! I ask for nothing except for maybe some doodles on my bulletin board.

Dodo code: 52M4B.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Licarn posted:

finally got the one wand I wanted from the space chicken

It really is the best wand.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Does Celeste always show up when Sahara is around? Sahara's here and Celeste isn't but it's also cloudy and I don't know if that affects anything

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Flora the Flsmingo will be in boxes on my GFs islsnd tomorrow. Anyone interested in a sweetheart Flamingo.

DoYouHasaRabbit
Oct 8, 2007
Have a pretty good amount of DIYs that need to get gone to the upper left of the airport.
Nooks is selling a green surfboard and a fishing boat flag.

Dodo code is CV97G

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

How does furniture gifting work with villagers? Will they eventually run out of space and start replacing them? Will they keep the most valuable one and dump the rest? If a villager doesn't have a DIY workbench in his home does that mean I'll never get recipes from them? Can I give them one and then if they put it in their house they can give me recipes?

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

A neighbor will have a workbench in their house when they're crafting something. It just appears if they don't normally have it.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Waffle! posted:

A neighbor will have a workbench in their house when they're crafting something. It just appears if they don't normally have it.

Ah of course.

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

Flora the Flsmingo will be in boxes on my GFs islsnd tomorrow. Anyone interested in a sweetheart Flamingo.

Edit: Nevermind. Ignore.

Bonster fucked around with this message at 12:52 on Jun 4, 2020

Picayune
Feb 26, 2007

cannot be unseen
Taco Defender
Just a quick hint for anyone who doesn't know: if you get stung by a wasp, run over and talk to a villager while your face is still all puffy. They'll console you and give you a recipe for medicine! (One wasps' nest and a few grass - sounds very healthy.)

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Picayune posted:

Just a quick hint for anyone who doesn't know: if you get stung by a wasp, run over and talk to a villager while your face is still all puffy. They'll console you and give you a recipe for medicine! (One wasps' nest and a few grass - sounds very healthy.)

Well, some will care enough to help. Others will just be like, whoa what happened to your garbo face

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

my villagers just say "what the gently caress is wrong with your face i cannot deign to speak with you"

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I needed one more villager so I set out to grab whomever and I got ROBBIT.

AAAHHHHH

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Picayune
Feb 26, 2007

cannot be unseen
Taco Defender
well my face is pretty garbo, it's true

My jock villager gave me the recipe for medicine?? so maybe talk to one of those guys