Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Jedit posted:

Have you considered the possibility that it's so a man doesn't accidentally walk in on a woman in the toilet, or vice versa?

Lock the door mate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mebh
May 10, 2010

We painted our guest bathroom gloss black and red, have blood red floor mats, a dragon loo roll holder and have a giant cross stitch of Baphomet on the wall. Next up is a bidet.

In my previous house the guest bathroom had doom cyberdemon posters all around it.

Basically, making GBS threads is funny (and possibly demonic) and people who take it seriously can go home.

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

A girl I knew growing up was almost attacked by a guy in a bathroom in the town centre.

It was a woman's bathroom, because it turns out someone who's going to attack someone doesn't really give a gently caress what the sign on the door says.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

Mebh posted:

We painted our guest bathroom gloss black and red, have blood red floor mats, a dragon loo roll holder and have a giant cross stitch of Baphomet on the wall. Next up is a bidet.

In my previous house the guest bathroom had doom cyberdemon posters all around it.

Basically, making GBS threads is funny (and possibly demonic) and people who take it seriously can go home.

bEatmstrJ alt-account spotted.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

hemale in pain posted:

You're right. I just have a tough time dealing with the idea that people geniunely fear the toilet assault thing from a trans person. If someone was intent on harming someone they wouldn't need to pretend to be trans person to enter a womens toilet. Not like there's toilet guards checking genders at the door.

It's always going to be tough to understand a completely irrational response to a perfectly reasonable situation. Because that response is inherently impossible to understand if you're thinking rationally.

Jedit posted:

Have you considered the possibility that it's so a man doesn't accidentally walk in on a woman in the toilet, or vice versa?

Locks, but also, if someone inadvertently walks in on someone else in the loo, the most likely response is utter embarassment on both parties then backing out. Or the person inside shouting as soon as they see the door opening where they thought it was locked, and the person outside saying 'oh poo poo sorry' and closing it again.

What are you thinking the effect of someone accidentally walking in on someone else in the loo would be?

E: and why does the gender of either participant matter?

thespaceinvader fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Jun 4, 2020

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Mebh posted:

Šulak, surely?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

sinky posted:

bEatmstrJ alt-account spotted.

Hey the Bathroom of NOD was a work of art :v:

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Did he ever post the toilet?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I walked into the men's room at Worcester train station and a bloke was wanking into a urinal what is the government going to do about that?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Strom Cuzewon posted:

Did he ever post the toilet?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/ZoeJardiniere/status/1268461210711871489?s=20

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

sassassin posted:

I walked into the men's room at Worcester train station and a bloke was wanking into a urinal what is the government going to do about that?

toilets should be segregated between Masturbators and Non-Masturbators. guards stationed at doors to test eyesight and hairiness of palms

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

sassassin posted:

Give him an arts grant

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

sassassin posted:

Just say hello to the rt honourable members and do your business.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

sassassin posted:

Ask him if he needs a hand?

justcola
May 22, 2004

La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo

XMNN posted:

What's up with places that have two completely separate individual lockable rooms that insist on putting a male sign on one and a female sign on the other

there's an Indian restaurant in Liverpool where it's like that, although tbf the male one also has a urinal so I suppose you and a friend could both go simultaneously??

The best part of a night out is going for a poo poo whilst your friend splashes hot piss onto your sleeve and face

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

I'd use this loo.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

justcola posted:

The best part of a night out is going for a poo poo whilst your friend splashes hot piss onto your sleeve and face
pm me

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

https://twitter.com/bbcbreaking/status/1268576465123192833?s=21

I mean this is welcome but should have happened three months ago and as usual is transferring responsibility onto us to buy our own masks. As far as I can tell we would be in a much better shape than we are of the government had taken the simple steps of a) providing every household with masks (even cheap ones) as this is the best way to reduce transmission and b) mandated wearing them indoors. Am I mistaken or just smarter than everyone in government?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
July 2020, so far.

UKIP chapter supports BLM.

State of Israel announces Jesus to be the Son of God.
https://twitter.com/Israel/status/1268235838208573440

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

Noxville posted:

I mean this is welcome but should have happened three months ago and as usual is transferring responsibility onto us to buy our own masks. As far as I can tell we would be in a much better shape than we are of the government had taken the simple steps of a) providing every household with masks (even cheap ones) as this is the best way to reduce transmission and b) mandated wearing them indoors. Am I mistaken or just smarter than everyone in government?

It's also going to leave the enforcement to bus drivers and train guards, who are then going to be the ones getting yelled at or worse by people who don't want to wear masks.

Oscar Romeo Romeo
Apr 16, 2010

Mebh posted:

How are those joists undernreath the bathtub holding up?

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

Oscar Romeo Romeo posted:

How are those joists undernreath the bathtub holding up?

I read this post and for a second my brain was trying to work out what joism was

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

crispix posted:

I read this post and for a second my brain was trying to work out what joism was

Presumably when someone in a gimp mask mumbles instructions for you to have a wank.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

There is a bar and restaurant in Dublin that is built in a converted Church (called The Church Bar). The bathroom in it is sort of Unisex, in that it's nominally "go to the left side for women and the right side for men."

But it has this design where there is no walls apart from in the cubicles themselves.

I always felt creeped out by that place. Not least because it is in the litteral catacombs part of an old Church. But something about the lack of any walls or soundproofing meant there was no peace or respite in that bathroom.

Then again I hate bars and pubs, so whenever I went there to meet friends I always felt I'll at ease.

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

Had a book arrive today, thought some of you may like it -

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Noxville posted:

Why the or?

Both apply. You only need masks when you can't enforce a distance of two meters between people. The best way to reduce transmission is to avoid getting close to other people (physically or emotionally), not masks - masks only work to reduce the odds of transmission when you're within the danger zone, and while the difference is meaningful it's also a lot smaller than you'd think.

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

OwlFancier posted:

I wonder if there's some sort of psychlogical thing where if you have a one room bathroom that looks like a normal human bathroom in a normal human house, people are less likely to plaster the walls with piss and poo poo for fun.

Genuinely the greatest benefit of working from home is being able to peacefully go on a personal needs break without having to be near people grunt-making GBS threads like they're giving birth then walking out without washing their hands.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The Question IRL posted:

There is a bar and restaurant in Dublin that is built in a converted Church (called The Church Bar). The bathroom in it is sort of Unisex, in that it's nominally "go to the left side for women and the right side for men."

But it has this design where there is no walls apart from in the cubicles themselves.

I always felt creeped out by that place. Not least because it is in the litteral catacombs part of an old Church. But something about the lack of any walls or soundproofing meant there was no peace or respite in that bathroom.

Then again I hate bars and pubs, so whenever I went there to meet friends I always felt I'll at ease.

Concept: a bathroom that adheres to long term nuclear waste storage design principles.

So technically you can piss in it but you feel extremely uneasy doing so.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

OwlFancier posted:

Concept: a bathroom that adheres to long term nuclear waste storage design principles.

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

OwlFancier posted:

Sign on toilet door:

This place is not a place of honor... no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here... nothing valued is here.

This place is best shunned and left uninhabited.

E:F,B.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Noxville posted:

picking up a prescription yesterday i noticed that boots were selling them but a box was £35 ffs

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

Jose posted:

picking up a prescription yesterday i noticed that boots were selling them but a box was £35 ffs

Just get a snood or something

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Jose posted:

To be fair the govt is specifically recommending the 'scarf round the face' sort of covering.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

communism bitch posted:

Just get a snood or something

Lead time's a little long (DHL claim mine "Left the Export facility" a week ago, which suggests that they're sending it via dirigible) but ADMIN has you (face) covered

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.

WhatEvil posted:

Sign on toilet door:

A door?

luxury

In my day we would have dreampt of pissing with a door, even if it was not attached to the hinges anymore

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Lead time's a little long (DHL claim mine "Left the Export facility" a week ago, which suggests that they're sending it via dirigible) but ADMIN has you (face) covered

£32 including shipping is a bit more than i wanted to spend

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

alok sharma tested negative for covid

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

lol

https://twitter.com/Israel/status/1268235838208573440?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Jose posted:

What? How many for? My local pharmacy had the 'wear once' ones 10 for £9.99 and now Home Bargains has 6 for £3.59. Also Home Bargains, a washable one made of neoprene for £1.99.
Most of my female friends and relations are busily sewing their own, but as someone renowned throughout a family of generations of seamstresses for stapling a skirt hem and thinking up ever more wild excuses for skipping schools on Mondays because I couldn't do 'pulled threads' and 'applique', I prefer to buy.
Also bought full face shields for just under £8 each (including p&p) for several in the family. I'm saving it for when I have to travel.

feedmegin posted:

To be fair the govt is specifically recommending the 'scarf round the face' sort of covering.

I've been using a scarf wrapped round my face until last week when I got hold of the face masks, but was beginning to find it stifling hot and a pain in the rear end to keep washing.