Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I think I have to give up on making Galakrond warrior work again.

I'm happy quest warlock works though.

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 08:09 on Jun 2, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

adamarama
Mar 20, 2009
What's your galakrond warrior list? I was experimenting with galakrond + taunt buffs, if you can get an early into the fray, you're in a very strong position. Early game is slow though, demon hunter is rough. I think warrior has the best galakrond package so would love to make a viable deck.

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018
Had a Paladin quest today so I decided to play my quest-libram-mountseller deck in casual. People have no idea what to do when Lorewalker Cho hits the board, it's pretty fun. The deck is...not good, but at least it's an entertaining way to lose.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
drat just had double puzzle boxes dropped on me in the same turn. Thankfully the Mage was at 1 health and I already had Metamorphosis popped.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Who the hell is playing quest rez priest at the very bottom of the ladder, that is serial killer behavior

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Jokes on you, today I showed a very new player who is genuinely on bronze 5 with no star bonus the game and the very first opponent was a fully fledged quest resurrect priest with the full set of legendaries etc.
I mean, I usually am a priest player myself, I love the class and the complexity it offers, even in the current meta where it's mostly anti-fun it's great for exciting legend matches, but I wouldn't dream of playing priest while laddering.

There are some maniacs out there that really try to vent in this game.

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018
I wonder who is DDOSing Blizzard right now and why.

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

"Batman, Bruce Wayne. Bruce Wayne, Batman. Or have you met?"
I finally got enough dust to almost finish the DH deck that was posted a page back. I spent 1600 of it on Kayn Sunfury and regret nothing, this deck owns. All I’m missing now is Metamorphosis but I’ve got a second Spectral Sight in its place for now and it’s working just fine. Thanks again!

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

TBH, I would’ve suggested going for Meta first since it’s decently more useful if you reach a point where you’re in a topdeck war.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Ladder updates:

Pirate Warrior is still hilarious to play (you can feel the :wtc: oozing through the monitor as you drop turn 1 Imprisoned Ganarg), but this currently shifting meta towards Bomb Warrior and Priest and DH is not friendly for the deck. Your highroll is low, and other decks can just crush you, adding in loss% when you draw off curve. Also there are way too many Acidic Swamp Oozes out there. (10-10)

Same with Stealth Galakrond Rogue, but worse in every way. It just is too fair. (2-8)

I'll try the Stealth Aggro Rogue list later, but otherwise I'm already regretting crafting Greyhart Sages, wanting to already shelve them in hope that they get support in August.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Not enough mama bears:

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Chernabog posted:

Not enough mama bears:

Oh that's a cool stat page. How do you see it?

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

There's a "full stats" button on the BG's main screen. But I think you need to have the pass or whatever to see it.

Promoted Pawn
Jun 8, 2005

oops

Click the “Full Stats” button and scroll down. You can see your last 5 BG runs.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

AnacondaHL posted:

Ladder updates:

Pirate Warrior is still hilarious to play (you can feel the :wtc: oozing through the monitor as you drop turn 1 Imprisoned Ganarg), but this currently shifting meta towards Bomb Warrior and Priest and DH is not friendly for the deck. Your highroll is low, and other decks can just crush you, adding in loss% when you draw off curve. Also there are way too many Acidic Swamp Oozes out there. (10-10)

Same with Stealth Galakrond Rogue, but worse in every way. It just is too fair. (2-8)

I'll try the Stealth Aggro Rogue list later, but otherwise I'm already regretting crafting Greyhart Sages, wanting to already shelve them in hope that they get support in August.

Sages are good, the archetype just needs one more good stealth combo card to elevate it (Ashtongue is kinda overkill on curve and forces you into a trading pattern which kinda sucks with flimsy stealth minions). Something like Shadow Sensei would be great

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Chernabog posted:

There's a "full stats" button on the BG's main screen. But I think you need to have the pass or whatever to see it.

Ahh that's the problem. I just got into BGs so don't have the pass. I'm trying to wait until next expansion since I think I read that I can just get it from the pre-order bundle instead. That stat page is tempting me though.

Are there any good tip pages or anything you can recommend? I'm often not sure on what I should be doing on those turns where I can technically level but it would cost most of my gold. I know it's pretty situation dependent but I thinking I'm misreading the situation sometimes.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Generally, if the stuff from your tier doesn't really improve your board much you level. If you are doing really well or if you only get offered garbage you might decide to take a loss.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

yikes! posted:

Ahh that's the problem. I just got into BGs so don't have the pass. I'm trying to wait until next expansion since I think I read that I can just get it from the pre-order bundle instead. That stat page is tempting me though.

Are there any good tip pages or anything you can recommend? I'm often not sure on what I should be doing on those turns where I can technically level but it would cost most of my gold. I know it's pretty situation dependent but I thinking I'm misreading the situation sometimes.

ADWCTA from LightForge has a good post on Reddit with tips on how to improve:

https://www.reddit.com/r/BobsTavern...tm_source=share

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

my opponent is a psychopath, how can you play that many dh games.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Pardot posted:

my opponent is a psychopath, how can you play that many dh games.

Better than 1k priest wins, at least DH is over fast!

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Chernabog posted:

Generally, if the stuff from your tier doesn't really improve your board much you level. If you are doing really well or if you only get offered garbage you might decide to take a loss.

Strawberry Panda posted:

Thanks, this was helpful!

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Cuntellectual posted:

Better than 1k priest wins, at least DH is over fast!

Priest is way more fun though.

For the Priest. Not for you.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
I have a 500 wins Priest portrait but I did a lot of that when dragon priest was a viable deck years ago.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Strawberry Panda posted:

That's a great guide, especially the part on Deryl. I used to be afraid of playing units down and hitting a hard ceiling with him, but seeing a game where Admirable just dumped everything onto like a 17/17 Righteous Protector super early in the game and was able to coast for a long time off of that really helped me get a feel for it. Now I'm pretty sure I should be picking him over Rafaam if offered, I haven't had a loss with Deryl in like a month and a half.

E: I got 5th my next Deryl game after posting this

Power of Pecota fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Jun 4, 2020

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ
I made the deck most likely to make this happen (it's just normal Wild Dragon Reno Priest with a few more cards that generate random dragons), and it happened on the first game I played:

(I played Raza)

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

I've only played Highlander Secret Rogue and Highlander Mage this season and I have just one question : what the hell beats Highlander Dragon Hunter? My rogue deck has like a 10% win rate against it, if that, and my mage doesn't seem to fare much better.

On the other hand, I eat priests for breakfast as rogue, but I still hate those games because they take 15mins or more (unless I pull a Tekahn from an early Dragon's Hoard - one opponent last night had the decency to concede on T5 when I dropped that).

My mage deck is more fun to play (I love the box), but all those priests just toy with it because it doesn't have the infinite supply of threats and higher pressure of my rogue deck, outside some bomb Reno RNG, which is admittedly hilarious but, like, the opposite of consistent.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Is there a hidden penalty to conceding in Battlegrounds? I recently started tracking my hero/comp/MMR change for each match and after conceding in one game today (I had lost two straight times to a monster Kalecgos Rafaam that outscaled my Mama Bear beast build and got nothing from any of my rolls) I either recorded something incorrectly or I lost an extra 10 somewhere along the way.

Furious Lobster
Jun 17, 2006

Soiled Meat

Kalko posted:

I've only played Highlander Secret Rogue and Highlander Mage this season and I have just one question : what the hell beats Highlander Dragon Hunter? My rogue deck has like a 10% win rate against it, if that, and my mage doesn't seem to fare much better.

On the other hand, I eat priests for breakfast as rogue, but I still hate those games because they take 15mins or more (unless I pull a Tekahn from an early Dragon's Hoard - one opponent last night had the decency to concede on T5 when I dropped that).

My mage deck is more fun to play (I love the box), but all those priests just toy with it because it doesn't have the infinite supply of threats and higher pressure of my rogue deck, outside some bomb Reno RNG, which is admittedly hilarious but, like, the opposite of consistent.

Demon Hunter usually has the edge over Highlander Hunter but it's sometimes a closer match than one would think.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Kalko posted:

HL Hunter is naturally designed to counter your two decks (and Priest).

It is unfavored vs everything else (DH, Enrage Warriors, Druid, Warlock, and aggro Warrior/Hunter).

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

Ah, well, if Priest has a rough time against it too then I don't feel so bad. I only started playing HS again just before this year's rotation, and one thing is as true now as it was years ago : the more Priest suffers, the better the health of the game.

I played enough in the last couple of weeks to make it to Diamond and I was pretty happy with the variety of decks I was facing. I felt like my Rogue was favored more often than not, outside Hunter and the eternal Aggro vs Control struggle. Strange that I didn't see much Warrior though, either Pirate or Enrage (or are they the same thing?)

Of all the decks I've faced, the one I most want to make and also the one I feel the most sympathy for is Pure Paladin. They do so much stuff every match, to no avail.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Kalko posted:

Ah, well, if Priest has a rough time against it too then I don't feel so bad. I only started playing HS again just before this year's rotation, and one thing is as true now as it was years ago : the more Priest suffers, the better the health of the game.

I played enough in the last couple of weeks to make it to Diamond and I was pretty happy with the variety of decks I was facing. I felt like my Rogue was favored more often than not, outside Hunter and the eternal Aggro vs Control struggle. Strange that I didn't see much Warrior though, either Pirate or Enrage (or are they the same thing?)

Of all the decks I've faced, the one I most want to make and also the one I feel the most sympathy for is Pure Paladin. They do so much stuff every match, to no avail.

Pirate Warrior is just an aggro deck, Enrage Warrior is the Risky Skipper-fueled superdeck (aliases: Pain Warrior, Egg Warrior, Eggless Egg Warrior).

Warrior is having an identity crisis right now, with the deck being so hard to play well enough for wins that it basically doesn't exist below legend, and even at 4/5 digit legend is played not close to well enough. Further complicating things is the state of Bomb Warrior and the more control versions of the deck, and how they fit into the meta.

In fun HS drama news, the bo11 showmatch between bloodyface (Quest Warlock) vs RDU (Spell Druid) is today, starting in ~3 hours. Just in case you were curious which deck/player is a better highroller.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Bomb warrior vs Pure Paladin has to be the saddest matchup, sadder than even Bombs vs. Reno decks because playing paladin cards in your deck is much more detrimental to winning than playing singletons.

Bombs were such a mistake lol

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
you could have the card that converts your deck neutrals into random paladin cards but lol random paladin cards

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted

Snazzy Frocks posted:

you could have the card that converts your deck neutrals into random paladin cards but lol random paladin cards

and, what, hope it's in your starting hand every game so it doesn't deactivate your pure cards? :pwn:

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

peer posted:

and, what, hope it's in your starting hand every game so it doesn't deactivate your pure cards? :pwn:

lol I had to look this up, for some reason I thought that was a paladin card. nope it's neutral hmbol

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

peer posted:

i didn't even realize it wasn't a paladin card

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR
VS shows that DH is still very popular.
So what's up next for the nerf we know is coming? My guess is Metamorphisis.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

AnacondaHL posted:

In fun HS drama news, the bo11 showmatch between bloodyface (Quest Warlock) vs RDU (Spell Druid) is today, starting in ~3 hours. Just in case you were curious which deck/player is a better highroller.

Druid wins 8-3 :toot:

Mayveena posted:

not while they're still selling AoO packs

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Mayveena posted:

I’m still laddering with the deck and it’s funny to look at nearly half the cards (11/30 of the current list) in it and remember the unnerfed versions. I could see warglaives or twin slice getting dinged maybe but they probably won’t hit it again for a while

Blasmeister fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Jun 4, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ptroll
Sep 8, 2011

I would dearly love to see Altruis not hit face.