Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Midjack posted:

find one with a rotted out daughter board and broken floppy drive and you don’t even have to feel bad about it.

god willing i will find one of these in a thrift shop one day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Midjack posted:

there are a few on ebay if you’re okay paying three hundred fifty american for a thirty-five year old computer.

its yospos so this seems like a nonissue

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
I mean that's only 10 bucks a year!

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
drat with that computer you can greenpost in all the forums all the time

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Chris Knight posted:

I mean that's only 10 bucks a year!

:yeah:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Alan Smithee posted:

drat with that computer you can greenpost in all the forums all the time

it would make for a really authentic yosbbs experience too.

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

i totally want to build my own deck someday, but the hangup i have is in finding an acceptable head mounted display. everything's either way too expensive for a dumb project like this, or too lovely even for a laugh

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
i've built one out of an old latitude e6520 that stopped outputting to the internal lvds connector, i used an old rift dk1 for the display, connected via hdmi, and set up an old build of virtual desktop (pre-steam) to load at startup, followed by a vlc instance that shows a stream from the webcam

the main limitations with something like that are very little likes to work with old vr gear and old video chipsets. it's using windows 10 and virtual desktop because there was literally no combination of anything that would drive the headset with the old quadro nvs 4200m gpu in linux

i still have to rig the webcam to the headset properly and the headset to a battery, but that's not too troublesome. the only other issue is getting virtual desktop to reset the orientation if i move my head more than a few degrees left or right so that the screen is always in front of me.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
they should just make more of these imo, the iglasses & glasstron were just :chefkissyfingers:

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

iirc the glasstron was semiopaque which is badass imo

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

The boys are back in town

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Guess who just got back last week
Them yospos boys, you know the big ol geeks
Haven't bathed and wow they reek
But man, I still think them cats are crazy

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

they was askin if you were around
how you was where you could be found
i told them to get lost
weird nerds

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

SO DEMANDING posted:

i totally want to build my own deck someday, but the hangup i have is in finding an acceptable head mounted display. everything's either way too expensive for a dumb project like this, or too lovely even for a laugh

post/av combo

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

SO DEMANDING posted:

the new DJI hmd that's meant for drone flying has some nice specs but yeah its not cheap

https://www.dji.com/uk/dji-goggles

this does HDMI in so you can plug it in directly to your device: https://forum.dji.com/thread-119130-1-1.html

The new DJI FPV set

https://www.dji.com/uk/fpv

looks much more the part,

but as far as I can find it doesn't have any digital in so you have to step down to analogue RCA which looks like poo poo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hv5pqc6kHE

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

NoneMoreNegative posted:

looks much more the part,

and how. that's some solid gargoyle wear

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

Captain Foo posted:

post/av combo

rotor posted:

iirc the glasstron was semiopaque which is badass imo

<------ (or uh /\/\/\/\ in awful app...JUST LOOK AT MY AV OK)

NoneMoreNegative posted:

the new DJI hmd that's meant for drone flying has some nice specs but yeah its not cheap

$350 ain't terrible for what it is but yeah still too expensive for something this silly that will never see much use

that DJI FPV thing looks loving baddass...and costs way more than even the hdm, phew

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
briarios?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

NoneMoreNegative posted:

The boys are back in town

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
it really bothers me that in the original pic they list 'torque wrenches'. what cyberpunk was running around installing cylinder heads in 1993 or whatever

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

look buddy, you need to change a cyber tire, you don't want to over tighten those lug nuts. the bolts'll shear right off

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

infernal machines posted:

look buddy, you need to change a cyber tire, you don't want to over tighten those lug nuts. the bolts'll shear right off

cyberpunks don’t wait for a tow truck when their rigs break down on the side of the information superhighway. they get themselves back in business.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

*unscrews hex nut on my run flat (already flat) hex tire on my tesla cybertruck*

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Jonny 290 posted:

it really bothers me that in the original pic they list 'torque wrenches'. what cyberpunk was running around installing cylinder heads in 1993 or whatever

journalists don't know what tools are and "torque wrench" sounds more high tech than "wrench"

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
actually it was a typo from the original Canadian phrase "toque wrench"

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Chris Knight posted:

actually it was a typo from the original Canadian phrase "toque wrench"

oh of course. for cap nuts

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

it's actually a cyberbong

toke stench

yippee cahier
Mar 28, 2005

a tension wrench to apply torque while lock picking?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

yippee cahier posted:

a tension wrench to apply torque while lock picking?

those are tiny tiny little levers though. Like flat allen wrenches

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Getting ready for the days posting

lol you would think being a movie director man you would learn pretty quick to not run scenes backwards if they have flowing water, fire, sparks etc

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

He has a vent hood

ConanTheLibrarian
Aug 13, 2004

dis buch is late
Fallen Rib

SO DEMANDING posted:

<------ (or uh /\/\/\/\ in awful app...JUST LOOK AT MY AV OK)

$350 ain't terrible for what it is but yeah still too expensive for something this silly that will never see much use

that DJI FPV thing looks loving baddass...and costs way more than even the hdm, phew

these are far more affordable

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13pL0TiOiHM

ConanTheLibrarian
Aug 13, 2004

dis buch is late
Fallen Rib
oh poo poo should have posted this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyQCY6z3d88

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

This made me want to find out more on Alison "Queen Mu" Kennedy, who was apparently funded all of Mondo 2000 and basically lost her entire family fortune publishing it. Unfortunately, it's pretty hard to find any references to her post-Mondo 2000.

Clockwork Sputnik
Nov 6, 2004

24 Hour Party Monster

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Getting ready for the days posting

lol you would think being a movie director man you would learn pretty quick to not run scenes backwards if they have flowing water, fire, sparks etc

The backward flowing water and sparks are METAPHORS.

I definitely hate that movie.

GODDAMN i love that movie

YOSPOFFICE

E: (My 1702 is out for repairs :( )

E2: My Scotch tape dispenser sucks. Don't ever buy that.

Clockwork Sputnik fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Jun 4, 2020

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

What's this from?

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

Milo and POTUS posted:

What's this from?

bloodshot (2020)

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Milo and POTUS posted:

What's this from?

guessing Bloodshot (the recent vin diesel movie)

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i was going to see that movie but then i watched the trailer and saw the entire thing so there was no point.

seriously, check it out, it's like 3 minutes long and they reveal every single plot point start to finish. it's hilarious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
i mean the film only takes about 20 mins to do it too and then after that there's no more plot