Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Sinteres posted:

Vito? Mafia plane incoming.

I'm pretty sure Vito is from Ixalan, going by the Dusk Rose part. They had kind of an "old world explorer" theme that was mostly spanish, but maybe there were some italian elements.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land
ayyy vito you gonna suck-a some friggin' blood or what, ya gabbaghoul

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004

A Moose posted:

I'm pretty sure Vito is from Ixalan, going by the Dusk Rose part. They had kind of an "old world explorer" theme that was mostly spanish, but maybe there were some italian elements.

yeah hes a vampire from Ixalan

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Tainen posted:

This is cool with 3 mana sorin

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Tainen posted:

If an opponent has hexproof they can dodge the effect right? Since it says "target" and not "each"?

LeafHouse
Apr 22, 2008

That's what you get for not hailing to the chimp!

That vampire seems great regardless of P/T. Reasonable mana cost, solid static ability and a nice synergistic activated ability.

Mat Cauthon posted:

If an opponent has hexproof they can dodge the effect right? Since it says "target" and not "each"?

Aye

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Mat Cauthon posted:

Thank god it says opponent since it's not a may.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

new title clearly worse

go away turds

(if it's not clear I meant revert to ACABradabra)

ShaneB fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Jun 4, 2020

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

no u

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

sit on my Facebook posted:

ayyy vito you gonna suck-a some friggin' blood or what, ya gabbaghoul

lol

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

ShaneB posted:

new title clearly worse

go away turds

Did you want a better ACAB pun or you against the movement?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
I don't understand what's so confusing about phasing. You slap a red solo cup over the card and remove it at untap.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:
that red card is neither splinter twin nor a morphling card, it's completely unrelated http://mythicspoiler.com/m21/cards/doublevision.html

tldr enchantment, 3RR, copy the first instant or sorcery you play each turn

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

ilmucche posted:

I don't understand what's so confusing about phasing. You slap a red solo cup over the card and remove it at untap.

apparently there was a lot of edge cases and dumb poo poo with it before they redid the rules on it a few years back, but i have no idea on specifics

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Sickening posted:

Did you want a better ACAB pun or you against the movement?

It was changed to turd bods worse version, I meant, of course.

ACABradabra >>>> this nonsense

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
Oh poo poo I didn't even notice that

ACABradabra definitely the superior pun

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Bust Rods officially worst poster now

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

whydirt posted:

Bust Rods officially worst poster now

there are some significant hurdles to clear in this thread for that to be the case

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004

https://twitter.com/sixthcomma/status/1268611066730250241?s=21

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
What? Say them both out loud and tell me you honestly think "ACABradabra" sounds MORE like Abracadrabra than "ACABracadabra"

ACABradabra isn't even a pun!

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
all cops are bracadabras

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

I still think "if you have fewer cards in hand than any opponent, draw a card" would be well within White's color pie.

LeafHouse
Apr 22, 2008

I think we can all agree on compromising with Acabradabracadabra

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Bust Rodd posted:

What? Say them both out loud and tell me you honestly think "ACABradabra" sounds MORE like Abracadrabra than "ACABracadabra"
I just did, and it does. U R bad @ linguistics

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad
Hey Magic goons, my FLGS is doing a raffle for Black Lives Matter, all proceeds (minus fees and shipping) go directly to the charity, and the prizes are pretty sweet, some SDCC planeswalker sets and the Secret Lair fetchlands!

https://www.dicesaloonsingles.com/products/40-raffle-tickets

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
I'm glad we have reached the third version of this thread title

LeafHouse
Apr 22, 2008

Yawgmoth posted:

I just did, and it does. U R bad @ linguistics

:wrong:

"Ack" Abracadabra sounds way more like the original word than "Ack" Abradabra

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
ACABracadabra is the better spoken joke because it rolls off the tongue more like abracadabra (ah-CAB-ruh cuh-DAB-ra)

ACABradabra is the better written joke because it actually parses the first time you read it more like like abracadabra, but is more awkward to say out loud (ACK-kuh bruh-DAB-ra)

MisterZimbu
Mar 13, 2006
I mean, it's irrelevant because the "many magic the gathering players say gently caress the police" one is better than both.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

MisterZimbu posted:

I mean, it's irrelevant because the "many magic the gathering players say gently caress the police" one is better than both.

Is it worth it to protest systemic oppression and mis-allocated public resources?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Beginning to think a good thread title died in goon vain

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

C-Euro posted:

I still think "if you have fewer cards in hand than any opponent, draw a card" would be well within White's color pie.

it would but also that would be very powerful in literally any white deck that dumps its hand onto the board

Hauki
May 11, 2010

surprised no one pointed out the b/w humans arena event deck yesterday was all cops

e: and was notably better than the 4c mutate pile

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
I have a hypothesis that something about magic the gathering makes its players literally incapable of hearing a comparative description of any two things, in any context, and not arguing with it

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
Who’s the go-to for glossary terms on cards and such? I haven’t played paper MTG since Onslaught and due to being home a lot for obvious reasons, I downloaded Arena and been going through the color challenges. Now I have the itch again to play paper and hopefully hit up a game store when this will all blow over in 5 years. :v:

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

sit on my Facebook posted:

I have a hypothesis that something about magic the gathering makes its players literally incapable of hearing a comparative description of any two things, in any context, and not arguing with it

StrictlyBetterPost.jpg

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Not to be overdramatic but Baneslayer Angel may rock the 2020 meta even harder than Gray Merchant of Asphodel did.

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
https://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Default.aspx

This isn't a particularly good search engine for a number of reasons but if you want to know the long-form rules text on any specific card, searching it here and reading the rulings at the bottom will generally clarify any basic questions

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

It'll be a good sideboard against mono red like it was last time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
This time it gets Fried