Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Endless Mike posted:

Lois Lane #10

this has extremely the printer carrier goon vibes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Superman is strong enough to carry any printer.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Rhyno posted:

Superman is strong enough to carry any printer.

Can God make a printer so big even he can't carry it to some girl's house?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

you're asking the wrong questions. it's not about carrying the printer, it's about getting a hug after for doing so.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Lex Luthor grinning devilishly as he unveils Lexcorp's new line of Kryptonite laced ink cartridges.

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

"Bizarro am carry house to printer now."

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
"Dear Superman, why don't you just put the whole world in the printer."

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

"Dear Superman, why don't you just put the whole world in the printer."

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
I didn't notice it before, but now I can't stop looking at Supes' fingers in the last panel.

ElBrak
Aug 24, 2004

"Muerte, buen compinche. Muerte."
Two page spread of superman weeping as he tries to lift a printer, comic wins five awards, goons are discussing it for years.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

ElBrak posted:

Two page spread of superman weeping as he tries to lift a printer, comic wins five awards, goons are discussing it for years.

That's almost literally a Spider-Man comic from the Ditko era. That's also one of the greatest comics ever made.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

Skwirl posted:

That's almost literally a Spider-Man comic from the Ditko era. That's also one of the greatest comics ever made.

Yeah the way he webbed the printer to the side of a bus for transport was emotional.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

In the silver age, Superman had a giant printer in the Fortress of Solitude that only he could lift.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Random Stranger posted:

In the silver age, Superman had a giant printer in the Fortress of Solitude that only he could lift.

He could print small Supermen with it that would come to life and torture Jimmy Olsen.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Random Stranger posted:

I would believe it if someone told me Superman produced and distributed a newsletter in the Silver Age.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Lobok posted:

I would believe it if someone told me Superman produced and distributed a newsletter in the Silver Age.

root
Jun 17, 2000

Booska mask replica...

I remember watching this 9-11 documentary and there was a section where they were discussing it's impact on mass media and they interviewed Stan Lee. He talked about the old WWII-era comics and how stuff like the above was the norm.

He said something to the effect of, "...those were different times then. Nowadays we certainly wouldn't publish a Captain America comic where he goes around beating up Muslims!"

Well I should hope not. I mean what kind of tone-deaf idiot would do tha...

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Can you imagine if DC had let him do that as he envisioned, a Batman story?

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Rhyno posted:

Yes. Pretty well, actually.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Rhyno posted:

Supposedly when DC pulled the project ad a negotiating tactic, Frank threatened to change the characters to be Daredevil and Elektra and that he'd sell it to Marvel.

They also turned it down.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

He should've done it as a Punisher story then.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Shadow Comics #7 (1940)

From Beyond the Unknown #9 (1971)

Suicide Squad #13 (1988)

Spidey #6 (2016)

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
i'm going to pretend the end of that issue has them both chaperoning the dance

Myok
Apr 8, 2005

Technology on the brain.
Pillbug

InsertPotPun posted:

i'm going to pretend the end of that issue has them both chaperoning the dance

That would be an excellent sequel to Kate Beaton’s comic about Kraven going to prom.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude

Darthemed posted:

Shadow Comics #7 (1940)

If the glove don’t fit, meh.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Pictured: dangerous exorcist training

Mitama Security: Spirit Busters

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

thetoughestbean posted:

I would like to know more.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe

thetoughestbean posted:

This is how MJ got back in shape right?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Rhyno posted:

I would like to know more.

It is a seriously funny series. Basically there exists an agency that helps deal with unruly spirits and the main character of the series is the guy training. The other main character is a young woman who has a conga line of spirits following her everywhere and as the series progresses the line gets longer and more of the spirits show off their personalities.

Also:

Babe Ruth is there

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
Every so often, I go back and reread some of Len Kaminski's run on Iron Man and War Machine from the '90s. It's mostly been forgotten, which I have to figure owes a lot to the general stink surrounding the Avengers franchise in the period immediately preceding the Busiek/Perez years (ugh, Force Works), but Kaminski managed to do a few years of good solid comics regardless. He's actually my dark horse contender for a spot on the top ten Iron Man writers of all time.

I almost posted this to How Wonderful's Pride thread, but figured it would make more sense here. Background: in Rhodey's solo book (1994-1996), the initial setup was that he and Tony are on the outs, so Rhodey has gone solo. He and his girlfriend, Rae DeCoste (who seems to just get straight-up memory-holed after this book was over), move away and Rhodey takes a job as the director of Worldwatch, a non-profit human rights organization.

Naturally, his activities as War Machine conflict heavily with that, and in issue #11, Rhodey decides to come clean with his co-workers and reveal his secret identity to them in an attempt to move forward honestly. When he goes into the office to get that done, however, he finds out that they're already dealing with a completely different scandal.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The last few issues of that book where he gets the alien armor is a guilty pleasure of mine.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Whiz Comics #14 (1941)

Strange Tales #65 (1958)

The Silver Surfer #1 (1978)

The Adventures of Spider-Man #3 (1996)

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Mashle: Muscles and Magic

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

If you had told me somebody would make a Harry Potter parody manga about a guy with superhuman strength instead of magic, I'd wonder what you were smoking. But Mashle is exactly that and is probably one of the better humor comics out right now.

Verant
Oct 20, 2012

Go on an adventure ordained by fate?
-->Okay.
-->Eh.

Kwyndig posted:

If you had told me somebody would make a Harry Potter parody manga about a guy with superhuman strength instead of magic, I'd wonder what you were smoking. But Mashle is exactly that and is probably one of the better humor comics out right now.

You aren't wrong, and I am thriving on this manga's absurdity right now.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
So are we talking "I cast fist": The Manga here?

Or is it more like doing the College of Winterhold as a 2H heavy armor orc?

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
More 'I Cast Fist'.

Almost everyone can do magic, and those who can't are persecuted, he and his family are found out so he uses feats of superhuman athleticism to pretend to be magic. It's very One Punch Man

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Plastic Man #21 (1950)

Kamandi, the Last Boy on Earth #13 (1974)

What If? #19 (1980)

Medieval Spawn / Witchblade #2 (1996)

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.