Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Anne Frank Funk posted:

The crysknife I wear around my neck contains an essence that gets recharged when I "ride a worm" with a bro who also has a crysknife. It gives me confidence in the erg, sietch, spice orgy, etc. Nobody knows it's a special crysknife but me and my bros. I have seen it glow white while riding with a bud thats how I know this is real. You can come over for as long as you want but I need a solido of you preferably wearing a crysknife before I waste my time.

No gholas, please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
The spice mound expanded then exploded, filling his nostrils with the pungent odor of beefswelling.

Jokerpilled Drudge fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Jun 4, 2020

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Phlegmish posted:

Thirstiest SF writer is Philip José Farmer, right? Didn't read much of his stuff, but all of it seemed to involve erotic adventures of some kind, including one where an alien insect thing disguises itself as a sexy human woman to harvest his seed (?). I'm making it sound worse than it is, it's actually pretty benevolent, I should check out more of his books

It may not count as 'thirsty' per se since the human participants are uncomfortable about it all, but Octavia Butler's Xenogenesis trilogy is all about human-alien sex and all that entails.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Hey baby you wanna ride the worm

I was warned that Herbert would get hornier farther along in the Dune series, but I'm already at Heretics of Dune and I'm honestly not noticing it so far.

threelemmings
Dec 4, 2007
A jellyfish!
Imagine 3,500 years of repressed horniness carefully guided by an immortal virgin worm now unleashed upon the galaxy.

If you're starting heretics you should be about to hit the parts where you go "ohhhh that's what they meant."

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
Pretty sure leto ii hosed around before going full worm

also: heretics is not quite as horny as people claim

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Jokerpilled Drudge posted:

The spice mound expanded then exploded, filling his nostrils with the pungent odor of beefswelling.

Fremen are encouraged not to waste any water. read: lots of orgy swallowing. Unfortunately, Fremen cum tastes like a shot of Fireball which is why you need to get wasted on WoL first

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Pretty sure the whole point of sietches is that Fremen can take it relatively easy for a bit with the water disipline, since good ones are airtight habitats. Though I imagine they'd have trouble with the idea of mopping. But it is said that sietches stink.

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Pretty sure the whole point of sietches is that Fremen can take it relatively easy for a bit with the water disipline, since good ones are airtight habitats. Though I imagine they'd have trouble with the idea of mopping. But it is said that sietches stink.

Once you pass through the sphincter losing moisture becomes less of an issue

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

These are people that literally drink each other's blood to survive, I don't think they care much that the cave smells a bit dank

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Jokerpilled Drudge posted:

Pretty sure leto ii hosed around before going full worm

also: heretics is not quite as horny as people claim
Nope, he and Ghanima were still children. Hence "adult beefswelling"

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

Have Orthodox Herbertarian.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

nice

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

BEEFSWELLING? Not BEEFSWELLINGS? I got to be honest, I'm pretty disappointed there is only one.

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

We have beefswelling the likes of which God Himself has never seen!

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Beef Swellington would be a good username

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Where the gently caress is my trailer god drat it

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Good soup! posted:

Where the gently caress is my trailer god drat it

book 7, Trailers of DUNE

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

The Bloop posted:

Beef Swellington would be a good username

Now there's a guy who knows how to party.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Beef Swellington played by Reb Brown

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Man that juice stain poo poo is wack but also cool so everyone else knows to avoid the fucjing nerds

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

Juice of Sapho IN THE BOTTLE

yaffle
Sep 15, 2002

Flapdoodle
Swellington Yueh.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Anne Frank Funk posted:

In all of my universe I have seen no law of nature, unchanging and inexorable. This universe presents only changing relationships which are somtimes seen as laws by short-lived awareness. These fleshy sensoria which we call self are ephemera withering in the blaze of infinity, fleetingly aware of temporary conditions which confine our activities and change as our activities change. If you must label the absolute, use its proper name: Vent hood.

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

u walked on a desert with wormsign on it ! wormsign is warm lol , u are banned from coming in our sietch . u complain everywhere u go ...

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

threelemmings
Dec 4, 2007
A jellyfish!

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Shai-Hulud you have eaten 20,000 of my kinsmen, but I'm too scared to do anything about it

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Another image deserving of the Lynch Dune theme on kazoo.

Synnr
Dec 30, 2009
Lmfao I have the double set with theatrical and extended versions of Dune and I've never watched the extended one before now. This prologue is hilariously insane, it's still going.

And I guess it's all just over preproduction artwork?

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

I had a sudden desire to see that with stimpire.txt being read out over it

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry

Anne Frank Funk posted:

Counterpoint: sapho on tap

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

Murray Mantoinette posted:

Counterpoint: sapho on tap

treide ous couldn’t strike a deal with the Sapho company to get a tap set up going. Now though with their new opportunity to provide hot spice to navigators, they may be able to renegotiate. Unless Mr Vladimir Hark Onnen from the nearby plot intervenes.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Synnr posted:

Lmfao I have the double set with theatrical and extended versions of Dune and I've never watched the extended one before now. This prologue is hilariously insane, it's still going.

And I guess it's all just over preproduction artwork?

I liked the prologue. :colbert: <-imagine this is Stilgar glowering at you.

Synnr
Dec 30, 2009

phasmid posted:

I liked the prologue. :colbert: <-imagine this is Stilgar glowering at you.

Did you like that they still included irulans prologue too?

(It's weirdly playing when Paul is approached by gurney & co as though he's watching it after looking up dune on his little tablet computer thing)

The butlerian jihad prologue is just strange, and states a bunch of stuff that doesn't make any sense in context of the books and all that. I did like that the robot servants looked like cyclons, mostly because I was so incredulous I think.

Angry navigator is delightful, if again kind of not-right. I didn't flip to the theatrical release, am I wrong in remembering he doesn't rant at the emperor in that?

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Synnr posted:

Did you like that they still included irulans prologue too?

(It's weirdly playing when Paul is approached by gurney & co as though he's watching it after looking up dune on his little tablet computer thing)

The butlerian jihad prologue is just strange, and states a bunch of stuff that doesn't make any sense in context of the books and all that. I did like that the robot servants looked like cyclons, mostly because I was so incredulous I think.

Angry navigator is delightful, if again kind of not-right. I didn't flip to the theatrical release, am I wrong in remembering he doesn't rant at the emperor in that?

Perhaps I should have clarified that I liked it but that it seemed to play loose with the story. It can be charming when people do that (as with the Encyclopedia and other fan fictions) or it can suck, like what the Hackfrauds of Dune publish on a seemingly monthly basis.

And yeah, in the books the navigators are in the background until the very end. I think the purpose of him chewing the Emperor out was to give the audience a bit more to go on ("this is a really complex political situation") by way of exposure.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Bubblyblubber posted:

I was trying to find Duncan's quote about his sword training and enemies being leaves in the path of whatever the gently caress who cares, but ended up striking the mother lode of Duncan avatar material on the wiki:

Smash hit with the ladies for the last 50 centuries.

uh

Duncan doesn't let a single fantasy property stand in his way when he's hunting

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

kiimo posted:

Fremen are encouraged not to waste any water. read: lots of orgy swallowing. Unfortunately, Fremen cum tastes like a shot of Fireball which is why you need to get wasted on WoL first

blinding myself and going into the desert after reading this post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Shageletic posted:

uh

Duncan doesn't let a single fantasy property stand in his way when he's hunting

Prince HumperDunck