Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

The latest Talk is Jericho had Suge D on and it’s a pretty good listen. They discuss his career and the psychology of the match that they had.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

GoutPatrol posted:

...what language, perchance?

I'm too ignorant to know if it is Chinese or Japanese, but it sure as poo poo wasn't English :shrug:

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Lid posted:

I think you called the ROH Codeline and chose Spanish again.

Nothing dates a reference like a mention of the ROH Codeline.

...do YOU have a date?

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

dsriggs posted:

...do YOU have a date?

This gave me a big laugh. Thank you

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

dsriggs posted:

...do YOU have a date?

poor Kevin Kelly.

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

dsriggs posted:

...do YOU have a date?

This made me go back and relisten to that clip, and man the comedic timing is just incredible. Kevin dropped that bomb, there’s like 2 seconds of stunned silence, Vinny shouts “WHAT?!” and then Kevin immediately starts going into a spiel about hot singles in your area. Just gold.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Them listening to the Spanish lady just endlessly talking is incredible. "Is this why she's still single?"

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The Suge D interview with Jericho is great. The story of how the Atlanta tapings came to happen and how he learned he was Pineapple Pete are really funny.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Bryan not even phased at all by Dexter Lumis being a caricature artist, maybe on B&V he'll talk about how bizarre that was.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Incessant Excess posted:

Bryan not even phased at all by Dexter Lumis being a caricature artist, maybe on B&V he'll talk about how bizarre that was.

doesn't Dexter Lumis do art under the illyass moniker or has my brain been lying to me again.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Some hot loving takes from callers on WOL today.

"People are upset because WWE successfully made them care about Drake Maverick with this great storyline."

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Jerusalem posted:

Some hot loving takes from callers on WOL today.

"People are upset because WWE successfully made them care about Drake Maverick with this great storyline."

I went from being sympathetic to apathetic to disgusted. I don't even watch. Good job WWE.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

I really hope the first bit of the new WON is made available for everyone to read, not just subscribers.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I don't care about Drake Maverick but it's because he sucks, he was okay in TNA but nothing special there either. Reminds me of Zach Ryder who I also never got.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

hunnert car pileup posted:

I really hope the first bit of the new WON is made available for everyone to read, not just subscribers.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Lots of good stuff in the observer in regards to the current daily news, but I'm sorry the bit where Dave claims WWE approached him to write Vince McMahon's biography is completely bullshit, I have no idea why he would lie about that but there's just no way it's true.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Yeah everything else WWE does really makes sense rather than being the whims of an insane drug abuser

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Eat My Fuc posted:

Lots of good stuff in the observer in regards to the current daily news, but I'm sorry the bit where Dave claims WWE approached him to write Vince McMahon's biography is completely bullshit, I have no idea why he would lie about that but there's just no way it's true.

I don't think that's what he said.

quote:

Simon & Schuster has commissioned a book tentatively titled “Ringmaster” which would be an outsider biography of Vince McMahon, scheduled for a 2022 release. Abraham Riseman, who just finished a project called “True Believer, The Rise and Fall of Stan Lee,” will be the author. The company had come to me with that idea a few months ago and pitched it hard. It wasn’t the time for me to add more work. At this stage I can’t imagine doing any kind of a book for at least eight years and money wasn’t even a consideration. I would possibly do a movie just because it’s a different life experience but I don’t expect that will transpire.

I think "the company" there means Simon & Schuster, not WWE.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
He didn’t say WWE approached him, he said Simon & Schuster did.

E: F, b.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

he did mean the publishers he mentioned it on monday WOR i think or at least he has one a recent WOR.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
I highly doubt Dave was actually asked by Simon & Schuster, Lincoln Schuster lived longer of the two but even he has been dead since the 70s.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

OH YEAH!

Incessant Excess posted:

I highly doubt Dave was actually asked by Simon & Schuster, Lincoln Schuster lived longer of the two but even he has been dead since the 70s.

Dave is spoken to by weights you saying ghosts of publishers cannot contact him?

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Incessant Excess posted:

Ive been telegraphing old man simon and old man Schuster for decades for this, don't rob me!

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Eat my fuc, learn to read

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

take that moon

Daunte Vicknabb
Feb 22, 2005

You are already dead

coconono posted:

poor Kevin Kelly.

Kevin Kelly is a big CHUD so you shouldn't feel bad for him

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Daunte Vicknabb posted:

Kevin Kelly is a big CHUD so you shouldn't feel bad for him

but Schadenfreude smoked him out

e: jesus he's a school segregationist

coconono fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Jun 5, 2020

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Lol wtf kevin

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

coconono posted:

but Schadenfreude smoked him out

e: jesus he's a school segregationist
what the gently caress!

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

English commentary on @njpwworld. I spend a lot of time on @Delta planes. Parent/ advocate for @CommCharterAcad and school choice. IG @realkevinkelly

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

oh is “school choice” one of those dog whistle terms? :smith: god loving dammit kk

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

jesus WEP posted:

oh is “school choice” one of those dog whistle terms?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I don’t know who either of those people are

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

OH YEAH!

jesus WEP posted:

They are both Enrico Pallazzo

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

jesus WEP posted:

Some of the lesser Daily Show correspondents from several years ago.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

jesus WEP posted:

oh is “school choice” one of those dog whistle terms? :smith: god loving dammit kk

Kinda, yeah. Charter schools are a loving complicated and thorny issue but even if you're intentions are not racist you're helping contribute to a racist system. Taking public money and giving it to private schools that can pick and choose who they accept isn't really doing anyone any favors in making sure education is equitable and available to everyone.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
Charter schools suck rear end, gently caress over both students and teachers and exist entirely to further incentivize defunding public education

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

"School Choice" means "privatize public education". I stopped following him because he liked a bunch of chuddy posts.

Kelly's almost certainly a chud.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Gumball Gumption posted:

Kinda, yeah. Charter schools are a loving complicated and thorny issue but even if you're intentions are not racist you're helping contribute to a racist system. Taking public money and giving it to private schools that can pick and choose who they accept isn't really doing anyone any favors in making sure education is equitable and available to everyone.

OctoberCountry posted:

Charter schools suck rear end, gently caress over both students and teachers and exist entirely to further incentivize defunding public education

both these.

The US's education system is at critical failure levels so diverting money to vanity projects like charter schools is essentially starving poorer(and usually majority non-white because generational income gaps fall neatly in ethnic lines) schools to the point of civil unrest. Except its poor kids so suddenly there's money for metal detectors and police brutality lawsuits but not educational materials.

anyway here's something to keep your spirits up in the face of plague and madness

https://twitter.com/Dead_Riot24/status/1268907970227769348

coconono fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Jun 5, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

And I'd like to stress that my "kinda" is entirely for people who have been tricked by charter school propaganda. I absolutely know people who were for it without a lot of critical thinking put towards it and changed their minds once it was explained to them. The people at the top know what they're doing.