Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What did it matter?
This poll is closed.
The mod squad (FORUM FRIENDS) has edited the poll 11 1.38%
And inserted their good jokes 4 0.50%
While the rest of you laugh 9 1.13%
Bowsette 103 12.88%
347 43.38%
killer comedy option $69,420.69 15 1.88%
big bandicoot baps 311 38.88%
Total: 800 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Speaking of McElroys, I've been watching Car Boys and it's pretty fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

shame about, the other car boy

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
i hope the denizens of this thread will still respect me when I have an 0-4 EVO record

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

yeah im sorry to ruin car boys for u but nick is an extremely gross creeper who got fired for it

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

Jay Rust posted:

Never heard of Sheetz before today, but... more like Shitz

You are 100% on with this.

I know several people who have fallen victim to the food at Sheetz.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Command & Conquer Remastered is extremely good in case anyone was wondering. The first time you load either game (you get CNC1 and RA1 in the package) they have a remixed version of the original installation sequence and it's just :discourse:

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

the people want a Renegade remaster

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Hwurmp posted:

the people want a Renegade remaster

People also wanted mighty no 9 and snakes on a plane

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

nobody said the people are always right

but the people who want a Renegade remaster are

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Gah, broken links. :saddowns:

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

wasn't renegade the planetsidey one, couldn't you just play planetside 2, isn't that still a thing

May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
i tried planetside 2 once and it was a whole lot of walking around until you got sniped

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Cowcaster posted:

wasn't renegade the planetsidey one, couldn't you just play planetside 2, isn't that still a thing

There is a fanmade remake of Renegade but I can't remember the name. Planetside 2 is okay, but it really requires paying the monthly fee if you're at all serious about playing it, and the community is dead at this point.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Relax Or DIE posted:

i tried planetside 2 once and it was a whole lot of walking around until you got sniped

sounds about right

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

More like mighty no 2

a glitch
Jun 27, 2008

no wait stop

Soiled Meat

Convex posted:

Command & Conquer Remastered is extremely good in case anyone was wondering. The first time you load either game (you get CNC1 and RA1 in the package) they have a remixed version of the original installation sequence and it's just :discourse:

Can confirm, C&C Remastered owns. I got my rear end handed to me on stage 4 of the GDI campaign, so I'm expecting the rest of the game to destroy me. Should be fun!

Was it known that we were getting the installation sequences with the games before it got released? If it was then I didn't know, and it was a nice suprise :allears:

Zongerian
Apr 23, 2020

by Cyrano4747

Cowcaster posted:

It's the one where you dropkick dudes off their motorcycles while they do donuts in an apartment

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

a glitch posted:

Was it known that we were getting the installation sequences with the games before it got released? If it was then I didn't know, and it was a nice suprise :allears:

I've been following the updates that EA guy has been posting to Reddit and don't remember hearing anything. Seeing that as the first thing on startup just screams "these guys get it" (tbf I think quite a few people involved worked for Westwood anyway)

Zongerian
Apr 23, 2020

by Cyrano4747

Vincent posted:

Also finished 198X and Fell Seal. Both very fun, but Fell Seal got into my brain worms and I had to get every. Single. Achievement.

Now trying to finish the Jack the Ripper DLC from rear end Creed Syndicate.

198X was cool and I hope the developer is working on a sequel like they hinted at

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Whole lotta people are gonna learn that C&C 1 is hard as gently caress this week. This is gonna be great.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Which of the c&c games have fmv actors? Those are the ones I want to play

May 8, 2006

more or less all of them I think. Unless you're making a distinction between fmv actors and "real" actors, but then that doesn't include Tim curry having the best line read ever captured on film

(Though Nick Cage has a couple contenders in the color out of space)

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

They actually all do, except for like Renegade

e: actually I don't think Generals has FMVs either

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

Propaganda Hour posted:

Whole lotta people are gonna learn that C&C 1 is hard as gently caress this week. This is gonna be great.

C&C 1 is the only C&C game i've never beaten, because holy moly is it unforgiving.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Relax Or DIE posted:

more or less all of them I think. Unless you're making a distinction between fmv actors and "real" actors, but then that doesn't include Tim curry having the best line read ever captured on film

(Though Nick Cage has a couple contenders in the color out of space)

i am so happy to hear this because my wife and i just decided that this is the movie we are going to watch tonight. the nic cage renaissance is really something to behold, i hope he just does weird gonzo horror movies for the rest of his career

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

Hwurmp posted:

They actually all do, except for like Renegade

I seem to recall the Generals series not having any FMV in it, much to everyone's disappointment.

May 8, 2006

Weedle posted:

i am so happy to hear this because my wife and i just decided that this is the movie we are going to watch tonight. the nic cage renaissance is really something to behold, i hope he just does weird gonzo horror movies for the rest of his career

I had to drive to the other side of the city to catch the last showing and I didn't regret it, but it's also my poo poo in several ways so ill be curious to hear what y'all think.

Plus if you hate it you can turn to your wife and say, "I can't believe Relax or DIE, you know, from the internet, said this piece of poo poo is good."

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Ah ok, Generals is the only one I’ve ever played

Weedle
May 31, 2006

generals bears very little resemblance to the tiberium or red alert games iirc and i wouldn't be surprised to learn that it was originally an unrelated game that they slapped the c&c name on at the eleventh hour

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Propaganda Hour posted:

I finished both discs of this game on the Sega Saturn version. :toot:

May 8, 2006

wasn't 'slapped the branding on it partway in' also what happened to c&c4? A game I tried really hard to like and I don't know why

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Relax Or DIE posted:

wasn't 'slapped the branding on it partway in' also what happened to c&c4? A game I tried really hard to like and I don't know why

C&C 4 was pure trash. Looking at reviews on Steam, a lot of people are saying that the CD-Key you get with the game, that is required to play it, no longer can be authenticated with EA's servers so the game isn't playable.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

i got my copy of command & conquer for windows 95 because a friend of my dad's bought the entire liquidated stock of "etoys.com" when they went out of business, rented a warehouse in town and sold it all dirt cheap in like three weeks. also got some sick legos

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

tiberian sun, total annihilation and starcraft 1 probably jointly have a lot to do with why i like sci fi settings and not fantasy

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Heh, genre fiction? More like blunderfail

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Relax Or DIE posted:

Ya it was supposed to be some Chinese or Korean only rts(might always have been C&C based idk).

I also wanted to like it but it just wasn't that much fun to play.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

its not my fault dragons and swords and castles are boring

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

Stux posted:

tiberian sun, total annihilation and starcraft 1 probably jointly have a lot to do with why i like sci fi settings and not fantasy

same but also warcraft 3, age of wonders, and homm3 which is why i like both and am forever a greasy nerd

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

dragons and swords and castles but they're like, robo-dragons and laser-swords and cyber-castles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Stux posted:

its not my fault dragons and swords and castles are boring

It sucks that so much "fantasy" is just that and not doing something more creative and fantastical