Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
https://twitter.com/gregoryrec/status/1268997310786256897

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
Covid is over. If Grandma dies, maybe it was just her time. Will of God and all that.

Sunny Side Up
Jun 22, 2004

Mayoist Third Condimentist

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Sunny Side Up has issued a correction as of 14:10 on Dec 14, 2020

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice

Sunny Side Up posted:

ok this is my last one. i think it's pretty good looking to just update weekly on fridays. makes me feel less insane about continuing to quarantine.

Uhhh so just to clarify, if I am reading this correctly, historically we have about 20k flu/pneumonia deaths about now, but this year we have 110k pneumonia deaths alone??

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
lol

seattle plague rat
Apr 6, 2020

Mr Hootington posted:

All of this is going to get really bad again

Sunny Side Up
Jun 22, 2004

Mayoist Third Condimentist

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Sunny Side Up has issued a correction as of 14:10 on Dec 14, 2020

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits

Sunny Side Up posted:

one more, made a mistake----the "historic" average data has to start at zero on Jan 1. so, no niko, we should be at 25, not 20.

Lol the line starting to taper and then going right back up.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

everyone said in March

“we will lock down and things will get better. people will say locking down is dumb we should open up. and we will open up “

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Sunny Side Up posted:

one more, made a mistake----the "historic" average data has to start at zero on Jan 1. so, no niko, we should be at 25, not 20.

Your actual covid deaths are boosted by something. That should rise from the axis not pneumonia.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
wow you guys are still in here talking about covid? move on guys. come on. it's over. it was fun for a while, but it's like you're still playing everquest on original servers or something. just let it die. it's done

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

euphronius posted:

schools reopening is going to be a disaster

Today was the last day of school so all the teachers got on a bus wearing no masks to drive around for two hours and wave at the kids, I made up an excuse to drive behind the bus “filming it”

Malcolm XML
Aug 8, 2009

I always knew it would end like this.

ShutteredIn posted:

https://twitter.com/anneryman/status/1268999352598425600?s=21
Cases and hospitalizations are starting to spike like crazy in Arizona. Over 1000 new cases every day this week.

Holy poo poo they’re at 83% of ICU beds occupied in the state.

wave 2 comin'

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

Don’t want to spoil too much but things really kick off at 100,000 deaths.

Confidently Queer
Apr 14, 2003

i am the luckiest shitheap in fyad.
Wtf happened to Michigan today?

s0j
May 17, 2003

get fucked, round-eye

euphronius posted:

everyone said in March

“we will lock down and things will get better. people will say locking down is dumb we should open up. and we will open up “

yeah, and now everything is great. thank you!!!

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
hello from Vegas!

https://twitter.com/drdanchoi/status/1268753894672400384?s=21

always bet on rona!

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Nothus posted:

Covid is over. If Grandma dies, maybe it was just her time. Will of God and all that.

It's like things stop being murder and start being Will of God when there are enough degrees of random separation involved

https://247wallst.com/special-report/2020/01/21/25-most-dangerous-jobs-in-america-3/6/

galenanorth has issued a correction as of 23:05 on Jun 5, 2020

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Confidently Queer posted:

Wtf happened to Michigan today?

Ha, jersey, ny and Illinois all had super low totals and blam, Michigan with 1/4 of the countries total

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
these have been popping up in Brooklyn

my wife is Chinese so this is feeling extremely uncool to me

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

mastershakeman posted:

I've been talking to my neighbors who are teachers and they're already pissed thinking about next year because they have no way to prepare for it until the very last second

Good, people being pissed leads to people doing poo poo, not doing poo poo is how we got here, we need more riots, not less.

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,
I'LL LICK HIS BOOT TILL THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS SHINE.

so you try to get a test for Covid and make an appointment then at the latest minute they cancel it. gently caress this country. gently caress the USA

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
Heeeeere comes Covid!
https://twitter.com/COVID19Tracking/status/1269033591163375616?s=20

TheLemonOfIchabod
Aug 26, 2008
Lol at everyone who thought we would be divinely spared a second wave

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Hey guys, Covid is cancelled.

The local testing center outside walmart just closed up shop over the night of june 2nd and vanished, no one has any idea why or where it went

Piggy Smalls posted:

so you try to get a test for Covid and make an appointment then at the latest minute they cancel it. gently caress this country. gently caress the USA

This stuff is going to be taught in a museum about the COVID atrocity someday

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

just checked and it looks like trupm shut down The Website too

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

totally cool to find this on the printer this morning, thanks chud sister, you're goddamn right I'm going to blame you if dad dies of this

e: we all share a house, I'm primary caregiver for my 90 year old dad :rip:

Flesh Forge has issued a correction as of 23:46 on Jun 5, 2020

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

honestly out economy and way of life can go suck a big fat one so if the lockdowns destroy those things while saving lives then good

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

I love how the "herd immunity" argument is so good at exposing who out there is a ghoul in a human skinsuit

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

it's loving bananas that she's reading this poo poo that says really plainly "it's ok it's only going to kill off the old people" and then my 90 year old dad walks by and she's like oh hi dad

hallebarrysoetoro
Jun 14, 2003

Flesh Forge posted:

it's loving bananas that she's reading this poo poo that says really plainly "it's ok it's only going to kill off the old people" and then my 90 year old dad walks by and she's like oh hi dad

people are greedy and selfish and want someone to take charge and all the responsibility so they don't have to care or think about it

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Taintrunner posted:

these have been popping up in Brooklyn

my wife is Chinese so this is feeling extremely uncool to me

We can't let the chinese take our stories away!

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Why is this thread still open? I thought covid was over already!

The cool zone is the new hotness!

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

BattleMaster posted:

I love how the "herd immunity" argument is so good at exposing who out there is a ghoul in a human skinsuit

At this point it's all we've got. The USA didn't have the political will for local, state or national lockdowns, so no way to eradicate it. Its either some sort of weird herd immunity or endemic at this point. Frankly our best chances of not being endemic is for all the people with superspreader behavior get it at the protests, spread it to everyone they know, and that chain of sickness burn out and end before Berniebucks run out (so at risk people can just stay locked down )

seattle plague rat
Apr 6, 2020
the cool zone in seattle has been a coronavirus riot since sunday imo

were not aggressively pursuing police reforms or agitating

clearly not for all, many of my neighbors live in fear of the police for good reason & i hope their voices come to the fore

but i think a lot of the rainbow intersection peeps its just nice to be out in a crowd

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

it's a good title

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.
US right now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7f_19nxNfjs&t=58s

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

TheLemonOfIchabod posted:

Lol at everyone who thought we would be divinely spared a second wave

This is still the first wave

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

BattleMaster posted:

I just chewed her rear end about this and she was all giggly and glib "I don't tell you what to read!!"
NB: she is 60ish, flat broke because she is even worse with money than I am, and is into vitamins and essential oils

I'm sorry dad :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits

Flesh Forge posted:

I just chewed her rear end about this and she was all giggly and glib "I don't tell you what to read!!"

I'm sorry dad :(

Show her the graph.

And then tell her anybody that gets it bad enough dies from asphyxiating on their lung fluids completely alone in the ICU. And there won't be a funeral.