Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

i wonder if they met their KPIs though

Probably? Though covid-19 got them most of the way there anyway?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Festivus Miracle
Dec 19, 2012

I have come to discourse on the profound inequities of the American political system.

Reddit:guys the poo poo I left in a player made structure got blown up by players and it makes me so mad :qq:

Just lol at anybody who leaves the game and hasn't dumped their poo poo in an NPC station. My WH corp unanchors their fortizars several times a year to cut the loot pinatas factory down, and to get those assets left behind by leaving corpsmembers. I honestly really like the way WH space works because everybody has money and nobody is sobbing over the loss of some stuff because everybody inherently understands that anything left in a hole is subject to getting taken out.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

A White Guy posted:

Reddit:guys the poo poo I left in a player made structure got blown up by players and it makes me so mad :qq:

the issue is that CCP told everyone structures' assets would go to asset safety for years, and they changed their mind in a month so if you weren't playing during this stretch you could lose hundreds of billions.

you can see the insane loot people are getting and that's only the people making it public, there are russians who've killed almost a hundred citadels by now and they're pullin in crazy poo poo from people tricked by CCP.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

A White Guy posted:

Just lol at anybody who leaves the game and hasn't dumped their poo poo in an NPC station. My WH corp unanchors their fortizars several times a year to cut the loot pinatas factory down, and to get those assets left behind by leaving corpsmembers. I honestly really like the way WH space works because everybody has money and nobody is sobbing over the loss of some stuff because everybody inherently understands that anything left in a hole is subject to getting taken out.

This is exactly why nobody likes wormhole people

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

A White Guy posted:

no, ccp specifically promised people their citadels in highsec were safe, then quietly changed that during a time that people might be a little busy

i didn't lose poo poo, but it's obviously a really stupid short-sighted decision where ccp burned a ton of goodwill for two days of reddit cred

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
This is the best

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

evilweasel posted:

two days of reddit cred

if by reddit cred you mean the opposite, yep i don't think anyone thinks it's a good change, except for the 10 people who constantly scream HTFU every time some dumb change comes out

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!
I thought if a citadel was blown up, poo poo went into asset safety.. is that not the case?

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

Dalael posted:

I thought if a citadel was blown up, poo poo went into asset safety.. is that not the case?

Only if it was fueled and powered at the time it got destroyed.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Dalael posted:

this has been the case for about half a decade, up until last week where if it's unfueled it drops everything inside of it, even in highsec.

Jintozook81
May 14, 2020

There's Always A Bigger Ship...
Lipstick Apathy
They didn't give veterans a lot of time or notice. People might be taking a break for a year or two. All their poo poo is going to be gone, unless they keep up with all the dev news.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Missed opportunity.

They could have emailed all the dormant account owners saying "hey log in we're changing this and your poo poo is at risk" and might have gotten a login bump.

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
They did

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
The game will be dead soon why not burn it all down

Micromancer
Apr 17, 2002

He went out to the store
and when he got back
Roll-marks said .22 Short, jack.
If anything I could say that
this gun was rare
Its covered it sweat,
toilet water, and hair
just pwipe and rebang the universe let everyone start over reroll every system's gates and number of planets and number of moons and things on those moons and stick everyone in a corvette delete all structures and assets reset all pilot's standings with everything it will be fair because we will all have the same stuff to start out all you have to do is play more than other people and you will race ahead to those cruisers

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Micromancer posted:

just pwipe and rebang the universe let everyone start over reroll every system's gates and number of planets and number of moons and things on those moons and stick everyone in a corvette delete all structures and assets reset all pilot's standings with everything it will be fair because we will all have the same stuff to start out all you have to do is play more than other people and you will race ahead to those cruisers

Two weeks later, Wibla doomsdays the first ratting carrier during an op.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Solus posted:

They did

They did a pretty poor job of getting the info out there. I didn't know this was going down, and I actually occasionally log into EVE Online. I can't imagine someone taking an extended break would have any chance. An email from CCP would just look like one of those "Please rejoin EVE!" spams they constantly send.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

yeah i get a gently caress ton of a month, like 6 or 7 eve related ones

it's white noise and it's filtered out

also, saying "log in now or ur poo poo is gone in 26 days" is kind of a bad way to market an update...

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon
Oh poo poo does that mean if I don't move stuff to the new Imperium Keepstar I could lose it all?

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Rutibex posted:

They did a pretty poor job of getting the info out there. I didn't know this was going down, and I actually occasionally log into EVE Online. I can't imagine someone taking an extended break would have any chance. An email from CCP would just look like one of those "Please rejoin EVE!" spams they constantly send.

Seriously, who plays EVE and doesn't block CCP's emails anyway?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Less Fat Luke posted:

Oh poo poo does that mean if I don't move stuff to the new Imperium Keepstar I could lose it all?

yeah, definitely don't keep stuff in a citadel that is not a GSF one - you put it in an altcorp sotyio (yours, or someone elses) and it's not safe. at least a gsf citadel is probably going to be fueled when it dies

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Could someone deliberately take all the fuel out in order to betray their alliance? Like in theory this would this allow alliances to steal the wealth of their vacationed members, if they were desperate or someone was nefarious?

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Dalael posted:

Seriously, who plays EVE and doesn't block CCP's emails anyway?

I do!

Oops, well I did, but thanks to Corona I've been put on paid furlough, and now I get half my wages from the state, but reduced to 62%, so I had to do some changes on my monthly balance sheet. My EVE-accounts sadly didn't make the cut and now I'm a winner

So now I get CCP's emails but don't play anymore. The answer to your question is therefore still "no-one". :v:

Black Geezus
Jul 13, 2012
I'm looking to start this game up and just wondering if there is a bonus if someone refers me in?

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Rutibex posted:

Could someone deliberately take all the fuel out in order to betray their alliance? Like in theory this would this allow alliances to steal the wealth of their vacationed members, if they were desperate or someone was nefarious?

yes you could def run a scam where you start a corp/alliance and then kick everyone, take the fuel out, and declare war on yourself and loot it

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

PookBear posted:

yes you could def run a scam where you start a corp/alliance and then kick everyone, take the fuel out, and declare war on yourself and loot it

GSF should have a scam recruitment Astrahaus that we do this to periodically.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

it's already being done, a couple of code guys recruited to a corp (for almost a year now) and just kept the ESI/API things to see if anyone had big assets so they could slowly work on them, and the citadel they've been basing out of probably has a ton of juicy stuff in it so they're gonna keep recruiting and convincing people to join and then just kill it with an alt corp one day

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.
Seriously, how one can expect leaving an unfueled citadel somewhere and afking for ages and not have it blown up, moreso leaving expensive stuff there, moreso being so sure in ccp that stuff gets into rear end safety if anything happens?

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

AntherUslessPoster posted:

Seriously, how one can expect leaving an unfueled citadel somewhere and afking for ages and not have it blown up, moreso leaving expensive stuff there, moreso being so sure in ccp that stuff gets into rear end safety if anything happens?

This is a really dumb question considering that is the way they were designed.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Because that was literally the system as designed and implemented.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.

Sickening posted:

This is a really dumb question considering that is the way they were designed.

No one brought a link where ccp says outright 'citadels will work like stations from now on and this is not a subject to change'. If anyone could I would really appreciate it and will dig the discussions further myself.

On the other hand this may only mean that ccp did their 'weird sort of math' and calculated that they can sacrifice assets of offline people in favor of short term engagement. They have to report to owners now. The price doubling (not sure was it double?) for russians had a same impact - 'cash in now before fiscal quarter ends or pay more after'.

The fact that ccp hosed up is not in question. They did gently caress up and have a lvl5 in it.

Deacon91
Apr 18, 2020

Black Geezus posted:

I'm looking to start this game up and just wondering if there is a bonus if someone refers me in?

Pretty sure you get one million free skill points if you use a referral link but you can just use your own email to create the link anyway so there’s no need to rely on any one else.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Black Geezus posted:

I'm looking to start this game up

Why?

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
I'm not even sure where most of my stuff is, whether its in a GSF citadel or not. I don't think i'll bother playing again, so I feel like going through the motion of re-joining and making a bunch of people press buttons just so I can move stuff isn't worth their time so i think i won't.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
I think all my stuff was parked at the thetastar.

I should log in and check on that.

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon

No one brought a link where ccp says outright 'citadels will work like stations from now on and this is not a subject to change'. If anyone could I would really appreciate it and will dig the discussions further myself.
This is from the Citadel launch:

quote:

Asset Safety for Destructible Structures

NPC offices and hangars have the notable perk of not blowing up. As such, a pilot's possessions there are safer than a pilot's possessions in a structure that can, with significant effort, be reduced to space debris.

To allow the new destructible structure to compete with NPC stations, we are introducing a new mechanic to ensure that assets stored within the structure can be retrieved when it is destroyed. When a Citadel structure has been destroyed, items inside are automatically impounded and saved. These items will be delivered to the closest NPC station in low-security space or another Citadel structure owned by the same entity in the same solar system.
Adding this new destructibility is dumb and now the game mechanics demand lapsed accounts like mine to login and do a fuckload of busywork ferrying around assets. Sorry if you think this is good game design for a game already hemorrhaging players.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
Will it even matter? Like who still plays even online in tyool that doesn’t have enough liquid isk to deal with whatever random citadel losses may occur. I’ve lost countless poo poo to going afk for long periods and leaving billions in some random wormhole astra and it has literally never been anything more than a moderate annoyance.

If they wanted to be cool, and actually add content to this game, they would implement some interesting ways to deal with it as a Corp or alliance, but the only dev resources it appears they have are people who can change numbers in config files or whatever, so that will never happen.

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon
my 8 rorquals didn't build themselves!

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

On the other hand this may only mean that ccp did their 'weird sort of math' and calculated that they can sacrifice assets of offline people in favor of short term engagement. They have to report to owners now. The price doubling (not sure was it double?) for russians had a same impact - 'cash in now before fiscal quarter ends or pay more after'.

The fact that ccp hosed up is not in question. They did gently caress up and have a lvl5 in it.

When globby tricks people into making their stuff vulnerable to theft, that's on them.

When CCP tells people to put their stuff in the POS replacement because it'll be safe from globby, at worst they'll have to pay a safety fee - and then changes the rules on short notice so globby can just steal all their stuff, that's a ridiculous.

It's especially awful in that CCP has spent the last half decade making highly organized stealing, like suicide ganking, harder to pull off in the name of keeping players (at the expense of players who want to put the time in to steal), followed by a one shot at rampant pilfering, is beyond the pale. It won't even help with citadel removal in the long term because people are going to stop leaving nice stuff in citadels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Geezus
Jul 13, 2012

Because I hate myself apparently.