Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

So there's gonna be a protest over the ruling against protests, right?

EDIT- this snype sucks, have a dog

Paingod556 fucked around with this message at 12:38 on Jun 5, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

teacup posted:

I mean the lockdown protestors could use this argument verbatim but ok
And indeed being told not to do it didn't stop them. Rule checks out.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
lets have some lighter news

Four people were taken into police custody following a bizarre incident in the WA Wheatbelt town of York on Friday morning.

About 8am, members of New Westralia, an organisation claiming to be a "legitimate sovereign authority acting in the interests of the people native of the 'Dependencies of Western Australia'" broke down the door of the historic courthouse and took up residence before police arrived and made arrests.

A series of live videos shared on Facebook show the door of the National Trust building, which was built in the 1840s, being smashed and the alarm prompting the attention of a local security guard.

Referring to their actions as "peaceful protest", two men are shown praying before their sit-in – and apparent attempt to declare a sovereign nation – was interrupted by police.

"As a Christian nation New Westralia strives to be a world class destination for spiritual vitality, enlightenment, meditation, wonder and expression, on the great adventure of life," the group's website reads.

Prior to breaking in to the old courthouse the small group raised their own flag – which appeared to have similarities to the St George's Cross – to replace the "satanic" Australian flag.

Throughout the group's attempts to establish themselves as the "proper governing body of law for Western Australia", one of the members posted to social media: "I don’t have time to answer questions as we are under siege at the current moment in York, Australia and staying strong in our court ... please do your research as much as possible, good people ... I can only show you the way, we must all attempt our own escape and everything is in play to do so, trust me."

Three men and one woman were expected to face court in Northam on Friday afternoon on charges including crimina damage, trespass, and obstructing police.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Lid posted:

two men are shown praying before their sit-in – and apparent attempt to declare a sovereign nation – was interrupted by police.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Our SovCits are kinda low key compared to the crazy methed up US ones.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990
des is one of the leftiest judges but he’s still a judge I guess

ajab

Electric Wrigglies
Feb 6, 2015

Of course her name is Karen.

bobvonunheil
Mar 18, 2007

Board games and tea

The narrative of Margaret Conduit there is honestly so frustrating to me.

'The nation spends so much money on brutalising Aboriginal people that they are more privileged than whites!'

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

The last comment "part indigenous" with a thinking emoji... That's art.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
pretty sweet they let the lockdown protests go ahead hey

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

abigserve posted:

pretty sweet they let the lockdown protests go ahead hey

The cops beat some of those people up and they probably weren't breaking any roni laws since so few were there.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

So frustrating that there are people out there right now who only think teenagers and aboriginals are staging protests because it's happening in the USA, like it looks fun or trendy so let's give it a shot.

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

TheMostFrench posted:

So frustrating that there are people out there right now who only think teenagers and aboriginals are staging protests because it's happening in the USA, like it looks fun or trendy so let's give it a shot.

Boomer nation.

People are mostly convinced its just the worst time for a protest because its a pandemic. The fact that its coinciding with what is now a global movement that is bringing notice to institutional, systemic oppression- that may not be in the spotlight again soon (and has been ignored for decades in this country)- is a side note. Indigenous people have been protesting this poo poo in vain for so long... It seems obvious they should capitalise on any wide-spread movement as much as possible. gently caress almost all our governments are trying to downplay the pandemic to get back to the status quo already for... the sake of the economy. Why not take a slight detour to try and improve some poo poo before that happens.

Those anti-lockdown/5g conspiracy dickheads were convinced corona virus was some kind of hoax. I'm hoping protests in favour of saving lives can show a little more responsibility about social distancing or masks. Even if they're not, its not going to be worse than any loving supermarket I've seen lately. God speed.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

NoNotTheMindProbe posted:

This is a near perfect demonstration of ACAB. A bad cop assaults and nearly murders a defenseless person (who was trying to help them btw). When a "good" cop moves to assist the man he is physically held and dissuaded from the action by another cop. 20 odd other cops walk past the dying man while one of their number suppresses and man handles the press who are recording the crime. The cops involved go on to report the assault as a "tripping incident".

If you don't understand ACAB after seeing this video then you are probably fash.

Cops shot a disabled man in the face with a rubber bullet. Look at all the Good Cops doing nothing to help beyond waving their hands at him because they know there are cameras pointed at them.

Not Work Safe for Good Cops
:nws:https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EZmeQJ8UwAEcL0F?format=jpg&name=900x900:nws:

EDIT: for some Good Cops firing through their windscreen at an unarmed man, on his knees.

https://twitter.com/SamTLevin/status/1268659206124523520

But remember kids, never say ACAB. Because that's wrong!

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Jun 5, 2020

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

Attending a large protest in the middle of an unprecedented pandemic? Buddy, that’s just coo-coo bananas!

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Cops shot a disabled man in the face with a rubber bullet. Look at all the Good Cops doing nothing to help beyond waving their hands at him because they know there are cameras pointed at them.

Not Work Safe for Good Cops
:nws:https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EZmeQJ8UwAEcL0F?format=jpg&name=900x900:nws:

EDIT: for some Good Cops firing through their windscreen at an unarmed man, on his knees.

https://twitter.com/SamTLevin/status/1268659206124523520

But remember kids, never say ACAB. Because that's wrong!

Meanwhile two cops were suspended without pay for pushing that old bloke down and making his head gush blood and the rest of the unit quit in solidarity with them because they are very good cops

Acab

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
Two cops in DC got struck by lightning, but they lived, so the throne of God sits liberal

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
thinking about sydney but ive poor social skills & police are scary

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-06-05/brumby-cull-suspended-in-vic-questioned-in-nsw/12325884

NSW Government won't shut up about these loving horses

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Bill Gates is using 5G to kill us all - Now, now let them speak.

Don't kill black people - We'll just see what the supreme court has to say about this!

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

Bill Gates is using 5G to kill us all - Now, now let them speak.

Don't kill black people - We'll just see what the supreme court has to say about this!

The police broke up that protest and someone's head got cracked open.

Actually it looks like they left the NSW one alone.

nocturama
Dec 26, 2007

the police didnt do anything at hyde park

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

kirbysuperstar posted:

Meanwhile two cops were suspended without pay for pushing that old bloke down and making his head gush blood and the rest of the unit quit in solidarity with them because they are very good cops

Acab

they didn't even quit they just left the emergency response team or something

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
Oh gently caress the Chinese are onto us!

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-06-06/coronavirus-update-sat-june-6--china-australia-racism-india/12327554

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Can't wait for Hey Hey it's Australia to get offended at being called racist.

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

Leaving this link here for anyone going: http://www.protestgames.org/

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

thatbastardken posted:

they didn't even quit they just left the emergency response team or something

Yeah, the two cops were suspended without pay and the entire rest of the emergency squad quit their positions, but not their jobs.

gently caress 'em. They obviously weren't fit to hold the position in the first place.

"Just following orders"

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Good cops, good cops, what ya gonna do, what ya gonna do when they

https://twitter.com/JaqCiccarelli/s...agenumber%3D372

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
oh, even better

coward rear end pigs

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
That video's a couple years old now, but it goes to show they've always been Good Cops.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

"How can we have one rule for protesters and a different rule for those that want to go to the footy or go have a drink at the pub?"

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

JBP posted:

"How can we have one rule for protesters and a different rule for those that want to go to the footy or go have a drink at the pub?"

https://twitter.com/GovGoogles/status/1268766294829961216

Bonus:

https://twitter.com/GovGoogles/status/1268123751771631618

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Yo I am hearing Brisbane Cbd is at 10k?

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer
It's pretty bloody busy down here but no idea of the scale, there's too many buildings to see.

Sappy Fingers
Jun 16, 2006

vlc owns sorry wrongs

Anidav posted:

Yo I am hearing Brisbane Cbd is at 10k?
Scoped it out around 12.30pm on my bike today, definitely several thousand by that point. As I left the CBD tons of people were flooding in over Victoria bridge.

Far too many people to maintain distancing and I'd say about 1/3rd of people weren't wearing masks, so I didn't stay for very long. I really wanted to be there but my partner is immunocompromised and I don't think it's safe enough yet :(

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
The Sydney “Stop All Black Deaths in Custody” rally has been declared an authorised public assembly after a late decision by the court of appeal as thousands of protesters rallied in cities and towns across Australia to march against Indigenous deaths in custody and the killing of US man George Floyd.

The decision came minutes before the rally’s scheduled start at 3pm outside Town Hall on Saturday.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Heard that they arrested 3 in Sydney so far. One was someone spitting in a police officers face, which clearly is assault in any situation.

One was an all lives matter chud who got taken down and cuffed.

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =

Gridlocked posted:

Heard that they arrested 3 in Sydney so far. One was someone spitting in a police officers face, which clearly is assault in any situation.

One was an all lives matter chud who got taken down and cuffed.

Yeah not ideal.

I really hope there isn’t as much undetected community spread as we fear. We will find out in 7-14 days from June 6 in any case now

Lamb_Chode
May 19, 2007

OK I'm a massive dumbass who is that, OJ?
Great turnout at the Melbourne rally even with the kinda lousy weather

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

teacup posted:

Yeah not ideal.

I really hope there isn’t as much undetected community spread as we fear. We will find out in 7-14 days from June 6 in any case now

How is it not ideal? Of the 3 arrests one was blatantly assault and the other was removing someone trying to incite poo poo.