Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

What's the recommendation for Battle Brothers DLC? Best to start with all activated? Better buy them later? Something else?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Zereth posted:

As a non fighting game player, what does this mean?

Every attack does very little damage and causes rounds to last forever

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

END ME SCOOB posted:

Yeah, it basically nuked every Japanese game from the lineup because none of them have good enough netcode. This is how the numbers-filed-off MLP fighting game is now on the stage.

I will never stop laughing at the fact that ponies are going to Evo and Smash isn't.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Zereth posted:

As a non fighting game player, what does this mean?

It means that you can get hit a lot or a huge combo done on you, but it will do very little damage to your health bar, so it takes a long time for the fights to finish.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

mmmph okay good morning

Bundle for Racial Justice and Equality over 700 weird things from itch.io we've been talking about it for pages now. Has legit cool games in it like Village Monsters, Night in the Woods, Oneshot, and more

I'm bringing it back as a reminder because it's five bucks, goes to an important cause

and because I'm paying it forward. First person to quote this with their email or a "will send a PM of my email" gets the bundle gifted to them.

e: Offer closed

StrixNebulosa fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Jun 6, 2020

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I started playing Murder By Numbers and oh my god this game is charming as hell, all the music is like sweet Ace Attorney jams and apparently that wasn't an accident, they got the composer for the first game and Ghost Trick to score the music in this.

This is also the first time I've ever played a picross game

I was drunk as hell and started getting weepy at all the waves of nostalgia that were hitting me while I played

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

StrixNebulosa posted:

Bundle for Racial Justice and Equality over 700 weird things from itch.io we've been talking about it for pages now. Has legit cool games in it like Village Monsters, Night in the Woods, Oneshot, and more

Included in this bundle is the greatest game ever made.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

ugh the music is so gooood godammit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4dsHqf0tVA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGa75Gla8eI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cX58FWgJb8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05g5JLK1-oY

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Jerusalem posted:

Included in this bundle is the greatest game ever made.

Oh, I loved seeing that game during Summer Games Done Quick 2018.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Is it me or does Burnout Paradise Remastered have a severely smaller radio selection? I remember it used to have a few different channels or a wildly more diverse song selection because I specifically remember blasting it down highways to The Aquarium but the playlist feels a lot more generic now.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Black Griffon posted:

What's the recommendation for Battle Brothers DLC? Best to start with all activated? Better buy them later? Something else?

The DLCs expand on the base game and can't be turned on in an on-going campaign. They add interesting stuff, but play a bit to see if you like the game first.

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."

StrixNebulosa posted:

mmmph okay good morning

I'm bringing it back as a reminder because it's five bucks, goes to an important cause

and because I'm paying it forward. First person to quote this with their email or a "will send a PM of my email" gets the bundle gifted to them.

The bundle is enormous and it has a bunch of games even from the current Humble Monthly (King's Bird and the Stillness of the Wind).

Make sure to save the e-mail with the link to the bundle because these games will not be added to your itch.io library until you download them. You still have access to the bundle, but it is quite hard to find a link through itch.io profile.

Quill
Jan 19, 2004

Pierson posted:

Is it me or does Burnout Paradise Remastered have a severely smaller radio selection? I remember it used to have a few different channels or a wildly more diverse song selection because I specifically remember blasting it down highways to The Aquarium but the playlist feels a lot more generic now.

The Remastered is only missing a couple of songs due to licensing issues. Other than that, the playlist should've stayed mostly intact. It just wasn't massive to begin with.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Is there a way to buy that big-rear end itch bundle, but then gift specific games to other people?

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

I think it's neater to just gift the entire bundle to someone.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Hwurmp posted:

Is there a way to buy that big-rear end itch bundle, but then gift specific games to other people?

From what I can tell, no, there isn't.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Oh well, I'll just get the whole thing and set aside a day for looking through it later

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Mierenneuker posted:

I think it's neater to just gift the entire bundle to someone.

this is what i am doing with irl fwends! let them figure out what they want

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Pet the Pup at the Party: good game, accurately captures the panic and terror of social interactions. Despite being a friendly looking and sounding game as you race around trying to find a cute dog to pet, it has this sense of horror and dread as the party's rooms never end, people are everywhere, and it feels super nightmarish to me. I know I'm reading into it a lot but I've never been to a party where I haven't wanted to find a quiet place and just read or pet the pets.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
The bundle has very good game Astrologaster where you are an Elizabethan-era astronomer trying and failing to help a series of people through their problems. Each customer has a specific theme song, sung by a choir, that changes as their story develops. It's excellent.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I see there's a Chucklefish sale, but I don't recognize any of the games except Starbound. Don't all Chucklefish games secretly suck or something?

StrixNebulosa posted:

Pet the Pup at the Party: good game, accurately captures the panic and terror of social interactions. Despite being a friendly looking and sounding game as you race around trying to find a cute dog to pet, it has this sense of horror and dread as the party's rooms never end, people are everywhere, and it feels super nightmarish to me. I know I'm reading into it a lot but I've never been to a party where I haven't wanted to find a quiet place and just read or pet the pets.

Holy poo poo they made a game about my life

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Chucklefish is yet another fraud publisher that screws over their devs

get Celeste, Katana Zero, or Iconoclasts instead

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I remember the same happening with Cave Story and craplisher Nicalis. That sucks :(

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 13:45 on Jun 6, 2020

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

StrixNebulosa posted:

mmmph okay good morning

seriously does no one want this? Offer's open all day, first one to quote me gets a free BLM bundle of more cool stuff than you can shake a stick at

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Started trying some of the games from the bundle and the sleeper hit so far for me is Future Grind. Imagine Trials, but you have a wheel below AND above you; you flip around to make either wheel grind the rail on the ground...or maybe grind the rail ABOVE you. The wheels and the ground are colour coded too, so unlike Trials, flipping is mandatory to just surviving the stage; match your wheel to the appropriate colour. There's also a cool "hanggrind" which is where the wheel is on the ground but the rest of your character hangs below it.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

StrixNebulosa posted:

seriously does no one want this? Offer's open all day, first one to quote me gets a free BLM bundle of more cool stuff than you can shake a stick at

Okay, I'll bite, no PM's though, <username>@trioptimum.com. I thank you with all the sticks I can shake @ stuff.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

ZearothK posted:

Okay, I'll bite, no PM's though, <username>@trioptimum.com. I thank you with all the sticks I can shake @ stuff.

Sent, enjoy!

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

hell yeah

good bundle, important cause, sometimes the internet is a good place

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I'm about 9 hours into MANEATER and it's a totally fine game. It's a mid-budget GTA clone where you play as a vengeful bull shark eating hapless tourists along a bougie coastal resort town. Beyond the novel concept it's not particularly inventive -- you eat dumb humans, then you eat the dumb shark hunters that come after, you find some landmarks and collectibles, then you move onto the next area and do the same exact thing. But it's wrapped up in a satirical package with some charming tongue-in-cheek narration by Chris Parnell in the format of a reality TV show. You also get to mix and match some fun evolutions for your shark and a few unique fights as you move up the wanted level ladder. If it were that much longer then I think the repetition would start to wear real thin but it's fine for the 12-15 hours it takes for a 100% playthrough. It's fine!

NObodyNOWHERE
Apr 24, 2007

Now we are all sons of bitches.
Hell Gem

Jamfrost posted:

Instead, I will say that The Witness has some crazy interesting puzzles in it. I only had a taste, but those moments of clarity and understanding when engaging with a new mechanic that it doesn't explicitly explain to you is some kind of high. I'm sure it will demolish me later, but for now, real good stuff. It's also beautiful and vivid. Gorgeous clouds and vistas ahoy.

I really don't know about these audio logs though.

I just beat The Witness this week after letting it sit in my backlog forever. It won't be for everybody, but it was definitely for me. It's rare to see a game where its core concepts are so fully explored within its design. I know a lot of people find Blow to be pretentious, but I didn't have any problems with the logs and in most cases found them interesting enough to listen to. I mean, they're 100% skippable if you aren't into them and I found them to tie really nicely into the game's themes.

NObodyNOWHERE fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Jun 6, 2020

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

StrixNebulosa posted:

Sent, enjoy!

And confirmed as received, thanks!

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Free <?>ities Skylines

6AYMV-4X59<?>-<?>X9BB

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004

Veotax posted:

Free <?>ities Skylines

6AYMV-4X59<?>-<?>X9BB

Thank You kind Sir or Madam.
I will leave you with this video as appreciation, for those who do not know about donoteat01 yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lvUByM-fZk

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Orv posted:

I did not because I learned a long time ago that no matter how cool the tchotchke in a CE looks it's always gonna be made out of some resin bullshit or have some other massive defect when you get yours and be garbage. Though granted maybe that has changed since the days of MMO CEs.

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/720462386193440769

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

You can't drink from ye flask

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Think my nephew made this when I gave him some playdough

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

That’s gonna show up in a lot of monthly boxes

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
You have to rest at bonfire if you’re unable to drink from it

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop

sauer kraut posted:

Thank You kind Sir or Madam.
I will leave you with this video as appreciation, for those who do not know about donoteat01 yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lvUByM-fZk

Oh poo poo, that title card immediately looks familiar:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
You can't search in the bundle after you buy it?

Fun