Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What did it matter?
This poll is closed.
The mod squad (FORUM FRIENDS) has edited the poll 11 1.38%
And inserted their good jokes 4 0.50%
While the rest of you laugh 9 1.13%
Bowsette 103 12.88%
347 43.38%
killer comedy option $69,420.69 15 1.88%
big bandicoot baps 311 38.88%
Total: 800 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Having now watched another twenty seconds of vtube, sorry but the technology just isn’t there yet, their animation isn’t right, they’re fidgety yet stiff, their mouth movements aren’t able to match the words

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Watching a youtube video made in 2020 where the person is like "I don't recommend you start with these PS2 games, they're rare and expensive, unless you can think of OTHER WAYS to get them *wink wink* *flashes a picture of a pirate on screen*

Like, lol way to keep it 00s

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Jay Rust posted:

Having now watched another twenty seconds of vtube, sorry but the technology just isn’t there yet, their animation isn’t right, they’re fidgety yet stiff, their mouth movements aren’t able to match the words

They can do like full body motion capture, idk why they usually have it set to just be their upper body standing still

I guess it's a lot less work

https://twitter.com/OutofVTubers/status/1260460578704932866

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

precision posted:

Watching a youtube video made in 2020 where the person is like "I don't recommend you start with these PS2 games, they're rare and expensive, unless you can think of OTHER WAYS to get them *wink wink* *flashes a picture of a pirate on screen*

Like, lol way to keep it 00s

Yar har yo ho ho sail the high seas ya know what I mean folks? ha ha ha anyway welcome back to let's play mortal kombat shaolin monks

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

the fidgeting at least is probably intentional, they use really broad and exaggerated movements because like puppets if vtubers are sitting perfectly still they look dead. when they walk away from the camera and their character just slumps over its kind of disturbing lmao

some groups have better tech than others though, and even within the big agencies like hololive or nijisanji not everyone has the same level of rig. like it was a Real Big Deal when some people figured out how to wink a couple months back, caused a real winking fad. hanayori girls dorm probably has the best tech in the biz right now, they even have eyebrow control!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPjfSZ-399g

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

CJacobs posted:

Yar har yo ho ho sail the high seas ya know what I mean folks? ha ha ha anyway welcome back to let's play mortal kombat shaolin monks

Shaolin Monks needs a remake! :argh:

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Help Im Alive posted:

They can do like full body motion capture, idk why they usually have it set to just be their upper body standing still

I guess it's a lot less work

https://twitter.com/OutofVTubers/status/1260460578704932866
they usually have to go into the office for this stuff and strap on body trackers, the live2d streams just require them to sit in front of an iphone. a lot of it is repurposed steamvr hardware. some of them do have home 3D setups though
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d64R2RbVVbA

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

precision posted:

Shaolin Monks needs a remake! :argh:

Goddamn right it does, that game ruled. I have always wanted a Mortal Kombat game that has MK mechanics in a more open-ended Sleeping Dogs style beat em up and Shaolin Monks is the closest we've come.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

If you want to get into alternative role playing away from D&D the bundle has Blades in the Dark which is basically Thief: The Dark Project RPG.

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

I said come in! posted:

There is a fanmade remake of Renegade but I can't remember the name. Planetside 2 is okay, but it really requires paying the monthly fee if you're at all serious about playing it, and the community is dead at this point.

It's Renegade X. It's actually two things. It's a full remake of the renegade X multiplayer mode, and there's also Black Dawn, which was made as a testbed for the tech and takes you through single player mini-campaign that pretends it could be part of Renegade.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
The bundle is setup to keep accepting submissions and retroactively add them to people who purchased it and there are 150 submissions not included yet so it's a good chance by the end of the weekend there will be over a thousand projects included and should serve as a really good way to dip your toes into whats available on itch imo

SeXReX fucked around with this message at 11:52 on Jun 6, 2020

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

SeXReX posted:

The bundle is setup to keep accepting submissions and retroactively add them to people who purchased it and there are 150 submissions not included yet so it's a good chance by the end of the weekend there will be over a thousand projects included and should serve as a really good way to dip your toes into whats available on itch imo
yeah i kind of expect a few more high profile games to hop on, as well as some of those games that only show up in an itch.io search after you've scrolled down 50 pages

two more pages through the bundle and I still have 4 to go.. I've now added to my folder: Hellstar Squadron, Astrologaster, 10S, Qavo, Retromancer, Big Kaiju Battel: Fighto Fantasy, The King's Bird, Word Forward, Knights of the Card Table, FutureGrind, The Rainsdowne Players, Hair Dash, Tiny Dangerous Dungeons*, Retrace, Beacon, Reky, Bit Rat

I think I'll need to install GOG Galaxy on this laptop just for this folder alone lol

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

The 7th Guest posted:

yeah i kind of expect a few more high profile games to hop on, as well as some of those games that only show up in an itch.io search after you've scrolled down 50 pages

two more pages through the bundle and I still have 4 to go.. I've now added to my folder: Hellstar Squadron, Astrologaster, 10S, Qavo, Retromancer, Big Kaiju Battel: Fighto Fantasy, The King's Bird, Word Forward, Knights of the Card Table, FutureGrind, The Rainsdowne Players, Hair Dash, Tiny Dangerous Dungeons*, Retrace, Beacon, Reky, Bit Rat

I think I'll need to install GOG Galaxy on this laptop just for this folder alone lol

the itch app is really well done, iirc it even uses some kind of sandboxing so there is an extra layer of security on your end?
https://itch.io/app

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
the vtubers all seem so weird because their mouths are just an 'O' changing size, makes them seem lifeless and stiff when talking

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

ymgve posted:

the vtubers all seem so weird because their mouths are just an 'O' changing size, makes them seem lifeless and stiff when talking

this is why my idea of using your animal crossing avatar as it is so perfect, the definition fits the technology perfect

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

ok, got to the end, the last batch i added to my folder: Tonight We Riot, Xenogunner, Pendula Swing*, Dogs Throwing Swords 2, Wishing Sarah, Noise1, Frog Fractions 2, My Rabbits Are Gone, Penance, MythBearer, Signs of the Sojourner, Ring of Fire prologue*, Gun Rounds, Skeletris, Eatgirl, Quadrilateral Cowboy, Super Bernie World (idk), Mutiny Island, And All Would Cry Beware, The Danger Crew, Mable and the Wood

all in all, like 4+ dozen games i was interested in trying, so like. crazy loving bundle for sure

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
That bundle also has Blades in the Dark and Lancer, two great TTRPGs.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
I’m gonna pick up that bundle, thanks for sharing it. Somewhat coincidentally I started messing around with GameMaker again, watching the tutorials made by the guy behind Gunpoint and Heat Signature. I feel like all these tutorials start with the same top down Asteroids sort of gameplay so I’ve probably made a handful of these rinky-dink shooters while trying to learn how do something more complex and burning out.

My arc: “Okay I can move and shoot and there’s enemies and a score, this rules. This is a game. Okay, but what if I had a static overlay with a menu that let me adjust the strength of my weapons? Aw man, that’s not as clear cut. Bugger, might as well play something instead of building it.”

We’ll see this time.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

General PSA:

NATHAN FOR YOU will be removed from hulu in 13 days, so go binge the show before it's gone.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/vielrya/status/1269194314841600000?s=20

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

https://itch.io/b/520/bundle-for-racial-justice-and-equality

They've cracked 500k raised already on the bundle

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

precision posted:

Though to be fair, Pepsi-Chan is pretty cute

Ba bah ba da ba bah ba da

PEPSI-CHAAAAAAAAAN

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I just played 14 1/2 hours of boardgames.

It was amazing.

Trip report tomorrow cause zzz

itry
Aug 23, 2019

SeXReX posted:

https://itch.io/b/520/bundle-for-racial-justice-and-equality

They've cracked 500k raised already on the bundle

That bundle is huge. And there are a lot of known names in there.

Even if I pay $60 for this I'd feel cheap.

Edit:

Infinitum posted:

14 1/2 hours of boardgames.

:eyepop:

itry fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Jun 6, 2020

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I have also played a lot of board games today and I've realised my true calling is mancala and backgammon

why have i wasted all these years on video games....

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Most storied franchise in gaming
https://twitter.com/videogamedeals/status/1269300936524140544?s=19

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Jesus Christ

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

only trust your fists, or alternatively, your giant scorpion claws that shoot lightning

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

board games are the truest most crystalized form of games, a conceptual garden of pure mechanics for all the players to frolic in

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Are there no visual novel board games?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqYsQgDqlmg

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Jay Rust posted:

you got VN board games, you got the dud right here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNO1mb6NkEI

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

:dudsmile:

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Jay Rust posted:

Fog of Love

Fog of Love posted:

Fog of Love is a game for two players. You will create and play two vivid characters who meet, fall in love and face the challenge of making an unusual relationship work.

Playing Fog of Love is like being in a romantic comedy: roller-coaster rides, awkward situations, lots of laughs and plenty of difficult compromises to make.

Much as in a real relationship, goals might be at odds. You can try to change, keep being relentless or even secretly decide to be a Heartbreaker. It’s your choice.

The happily ever after won’t be certain, but whatever way your zigzag romance unfolds, you’ll always end up with a story full of surprises – guaranteed to raise a smile!

There's also The King's Dilemma which is King of Dragon Pass if everyone played a member of the Republican party.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Weedle
May 31, 2006

clubhouse games is absolutely delightful but it makes me really sad that even though this would be absolutely perfect for smartphones the market won't support anything that isn't free-to-play and laden with ads

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Weedle posted:

clubhouse games is absolutely delightful but it makes me really sad that even though this would be absolutely perfect for smartphones the market won't support anything that isn't free-to-play and laden with ads

i like it a lot too but find it depressing that i'm impressed that playing with your friends is so easy. what if it were this easy for every Nintendo game

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Deadly Premonition has an incredible ending in a way that I did not expect. I'd add more in the context of what you've posted but don't want to spoil it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

I paid $20 for the itch.io bundle now that the gross George Floyd game is off but even at that price it is still a steal. And they're going for a million dollars holy poo poo!