Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

We just moved, and we were trying to downsize. At one point, my wife really tried to get me to throw out or donate my firehall dvd boxset.

I don't collect anything, I don't have movie posters all over the walls. Aside from my Switch and a modded Wii, I don't even have any of my old game consoles, but goddammit, that boxset is something I'm never selling or giving away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

I've already got a proton pack mounted on the wall, a dvd box set ain't nothing.

Crazy Joe Wilson
Jul 4, 2007

Justifiably Mad!

Timby posted:

I have the firehouse box set and would be willing to sell it.

jhojnows@kent.edu Message me, thanks.

Robert J. Omb
Dec 1, 2005
The 'J' stands for 'AAARRGH!'
I re-watched the first four(?) seasons on Netflix last year with my daughters. It really holds up as a fun, interesting and genuinely creepy experience.

And Venkman was right: the kids loved [them].

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

There is an offer on the table but I'll shamelessly admit that it will go to the highest bidder. tbrechlin / gmail

Edit: Proof that I have it in hand:

Timby fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Jun 6, 2020

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

Timby posted:

There is an offer on the table but I'll shamelessly admit that it will go to the highest bidder. tbrechlin / gmail

Whoa dude I didn't know there was a 9/11 movie out, looks thicc

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

You don't... actually store your media this way... right?

You have an Egon avatar. Show some respect.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Inkspot posted:

Maybe it's a "I purchased but haven't watched this yet" marker? Kinda like purging unworn outfits by reversing clothes hanger directions?

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Timby posted:

I have some many questions about this picture.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Lmao if you put media in order and it shove it on the shelf because you’re depressed and just want it off the table and not in the way

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Inkspot posted:

I'm divorced and I am cramming ten tons of poo poo into a two-pound bag. Shut it.

Crazy Joe Wilson
Jul 4, 2007

Justifiably Mad!
I have a toddler who loves pulling DVDs out and trying to put them back in. My cabinet would be 100% more baffling (Snoopy next to Stephen King's IT). Ya'll need to cut fellow Ghostbuster fans some slack and stop being goons.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Asymmetrical DVD stacking. Just like the Philadelphia mass turbulence of 1947.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

Timby posted:

I'm divorced and I am cramming ten tons of poo poo into a two-pound bag. Shut it.

Nah. That's understandable. What really threw me is the LOTR sets. Two of the three, on the same shelf, shelved completely different from one another. Dogs and cats. Living together. Mass hysteria.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Inkspot posted:

Nah. That's understandable. What really threw me is the LOTR sets. Two of the three, on the same shelf, shelved completely different from one another. Dogs and cats. Living together. Mass hysteria.
someone straightened their slinky when they were a kid

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Asymmetrical DVD stacking. Just like the Philadelphia mass turbulence of 1947.

You’re right. No human being would stack DVDs like this.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Because you can't have enough t-shirts, Fright Rags is taking orders for some new Ghostbusters shirts and socks.

https://www.fright-rags.com/collections/ghostbusters

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Josh Gad has been doing these movie reunions (BTTF, LOTR, Goonies) to raise money for the rona.

Next up is Ghostbusters. These intro videos are always cringey but the actual reunions have been really enjoyable to watch for super fans, especially the LOTR one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lCeQAwTHls

Captain Quack
Feb 18, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgZEc2NQokQ

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Ehud posted:

Josh Gad has been doing these movie reunions (BTTF, LOTR, Goonies) to raise money for the rona.

Next up is Ghostbusters. These intro videos are always cringey but the actual reunions have been really enjoyable to watch for super fans, especially the LOTR one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lCeQAwTHls

Full episode of the Ghostbusters reunion:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JtOHr4IJHQ

It’s really cute and :unsmith:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I'm kind of blown away that they got both the students from the ESP scene.

And the loving stuck-up musician, too! I'm so glad he's feeling better, but he still looks a little pale, though....

Captain Quack
Feb 18, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSBAnxZOjCw

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Reitman lies right off the bat when he said that everyone wanted to do another Ghostbusters. The Columbia chief said they were hoping to do another GB movie in 1988, this was in the LA Times, and when asked about it, Reitman said, "That's news to me."

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

This is probably old news to some of you, but I was watching the CG ninja turtles cartoon from a couple of years ago and noticed this not-so-subtle easter egg in the episode where they go inside the statue of liberty's head to fight aliens.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsLaynlgKP4

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Ghostbusters was #1 at the box office this weekend. :toot:

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

We came, we saw, we kicked its rear end!

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Just watched Cleanin Up The Town and, while very good, is definitely the documentary for people who haven't deeply followed Ghostbusters and behind-the-scenes stuff all these years. I'm in now way complaining, but most of it is stuff regular posters ITT likely already know, especially if they have the visual guide book or whatever it's called.

Plus, it's only focused on GB1, with just a few mentions of 2. Apparently, a documentary of the making of 2 is in the works.

But to my first point, I even noticed that some stuff was even missing. For example, while they went into incredible detail about how they made the library ghost, they didn't mention how the look they went with in the end was their second choice, the first being deemed 'too scary' and given over to the production of Fright Night. No big deal, but I was a bit curious as to why they'd talk so much about one specific effect and not mention that.

I guess the main draw of the doc is actually to learn a lot about the crew and physical production of the movie, though they do delve into character and script stuff.

I did learn that both Denise Crosby and Darryl Hannah read for Dana Barrett. There's footage, too!

This post sounds like a complaint, but it's not. The film is wonderfully made, it's great stuff. I recommend it, especially since it has a considerable amount of Harold Ramis being interviewed.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Swapping and recycling designs is an interesting idea. It's always nice to see work not going to waste. And a big part of what makes Ghostbusters distinct is the ghosts being the right kind of scary.

Crazy Joe Wilson
Jul 4, 2007

Justifiably Mad!
EDIT: Ignore this

Crazy Joe Wilson fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Jul 9, 2020

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

He last posted 6 hours ago, according to his profile info.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

I emailed you earlier today regarding health issues--remember, I'm immunocompromised and I walk with a cane and therefore use the bus--and the fact that Madison's post office has experienced weird hours (at least at the downtown office) after the windows were smashed and looting happened following and (justifiable) protests and burning. I am in no way scamming you. I can open up the box to show you that it is ready to go. I just need to get to the post office and get the set shipped and it's going to happen. As I expressed in my email, I apologize for my lack of communication. Everything has been done in good faith.

You have my very public apology.

Timby fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Jul 9, 2020

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
Interrupting Ghostbusters chat (or lack thereof currently) for Moderator Business:

Crazy Joe Wilson, you should consider getting Private Messages sometime, or contacting me via Discord (Franchescanado#2075), cuz I had absolutely no way of contacting you about this despite working on it since you alerted me. I try to avoid posting in a public thread about a private deal between two goons, as it's not as personable or discreet.

Crazy Joe Wilson
Jul 4, 2007

Justifiably Mad!
Sorry about that then, I've edited my previous message to get rid of the accusation. Timby, please feel free to edit your post as well so we can get all this unpleasentness off the thread, and I'm sorry for my side of the misunderstanding. I'll look into getting PMs on here.

Crazy Joe Wilson fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Jul 9, 2020

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

Crazy Joe Wilson posted:

Sorry about that then, I've edited my previous message to get rid of the accusation. Timby, please feel free to edit your post as well so we can get all this unpleasentness off the thread, and I'm sorry for my side of the misunderstanding. I'll look into getting PMs on here.

There's nothing wrong with showing concern over a transaction (although, for future context, there's very little mods can do about it other than try and contact the people involved and help get it squared away; hence why it's recommended to do the deals in e-mail or a discord--you could use CineD's discord's channel Disc Picks for this, if you want); I just had no other way of contacting you or letting you know I was trying to help.

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

I think we all acted on prejudice and maybe we need to bust the prejudice???

(There's an album here.)

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Franchescanado posted:

There's nothing wrong with showing concern over a transaction (although, for future context, there's very little mods can do about it other than try and contact the people involved and help get it squared away; hence why it's recommended to do the deals in e-mail or a discord--you could use CineD's discord's channel Disc Picks for this, if you want); I just had no other way of contacting you or letting you know I was trying to help.

We got it squared away privately, all's well, boss. :)

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

text me a vag pic posted:

I think we all acted on prejudice and maybe we need to bust the prejudice???

(There's an album here.)

Aaaaaaand they're all white. They based their anti-prejudice stage show on the often-shown "Where's Winston?" line of advertisements for GB1.

Brilliant.

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Aaaaaaand they're all white. They based their anti-prejudice stage show on the often-shown "Where's Winston?" line of advertisements for GB1.

Brilliant.

Winston was in the ecto-1, driving around the block, looking for parking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

text me a vag pic posted:

Winston was in the ecto-1, driving around the block, looking for parking.

That reminds me the focus group ABC got to 'fix' the cartoon's rationale for Winston was that he was 'the driver.' He should be the one driving the Ecto-1. Because... reasons.