Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

bagrada posted:

Are the psychic awakening books half lore and half game like the gathering storm books?

Might not be exactly 50%, but a lot of my Faith and Fury book was lore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

jng2058 posted:

FTFY, and yes, yes they are.

I don't think GW has ever published a rules-only book outside the indexes and FW red books.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

I wonder what the Custodes will get from PA. Do you guys think they'll get anything apart from access to Sisters of Silence stuff?

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Booley posted:

I don't think GW has ever published a rules-only book outside the indexes and FW red books.

Doesn't the pocket sized 6th or 7th rule book sorta count?

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Re-reading Gaunts Ghosts (or technically listening to them for the first time, I read them on paper years ago) makes me really wish that Renegades & Heretics/Lost & Damned was a real army rather than a FW Boutique.

I guess you can get 90% of the "Insurgent Militia" flavor from re-fluffed GSCs but still, it's unfortunate that Chaos doesn't have a (proper) non-Daemon/non-CSM stand-alone army, especially when they play such a role in the EU?

E: I also wish they would do a Daemons of the Ruinstorm thing for 40k like for 30k, but that's even less likely.

Schadenboner fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Jun 7, 2020

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Dan Didio posted:

You're not screwing over GW in this situation, you're only screwing over the guy who paid for the other one, genius.

GW screwed them when they didn't make enough to account for shipping fuckups

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Schadenboner posted:

Re-reading Gaunts Ghosts (or technically listening to them for the first time, I read them on paper years ago) makes me really wish that Renegades & Heretics/Lost & Damned was a real army rather than a FW Boutique.

I guess you can get 90% of the "Insurgent Militia" flavor from re-fluffed GSCs but still, it's unfortunate that Chaos doesn't have a (proper) non-Daemon/non-CSM stand-alone army, especially when they play such a role in the EU?

E: I also wish they would do a Daemons of the Ruinstorm thing for 40k like for 30k, but that's even less likely.

I mean you could technically use Servants of the Abyss, but you'd have to get Blackstone Fortress first, and you'd need to ally to being in armour.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

Improbable Lobster posted:

GW just passed all the customer order details directly onto Bandai to fulfill them, and took a cut. When drop-shipping direct to end customers it's standard practice for the supplier to manufacture enough product to cover any QC issues. They probably did make more than needed, but the fact that this is happening implies that still wasn't enough.

This is Bandai's fuckup.

ThoraxTheImpaler
Aug 13, 2014

CONDESCENDING
ASSHOLE

They're admitting they made a mistake and are attempting to fix it in a way that causes essentially no actual inconvenience to the person that received the mix up. The response to that should not be "go gently caress yourself."

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Kill-Team-Card-and-Dice-Set-2020

30 bucks for dice and blank cards, gently caress off GW

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

ThoraxTheImpaler posted:

They're admitting they made a mistake and are attempting to fix it in a way that causes essentially no actual inconvenience to the person that received the mix up. The response to that should not be "go gently caress yourself."

they're a wealthy corporation, not your friend. They can fix their own mistakes instead of demanding customers do it for them

bij
Feb 24, 2007

GW's NAZI HAMS gently caress OFF ultimatum was pretty cool but I'm gonna stay mad that War of The Spider did not mean plastic Warp Spiders and a Phoenix Lord.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Booley posted:

I guess I meant important lore. I collected almost everything during 5th and 6th edition when I played. While I liked the little bits of lore in the rule books, it didn't seem important for the overall story which was still in the novels. Because the main setting didn't move forward at all. I guess it moved backwards to Horus Heresy at the time, and the annoyance was getting the audio dramas and short stories in addition to the books.

I managed to get copies of the gathering storm hardcovers and the story told across the three seem pretty drat key to the current setting. So I wondered if I'm missing anything important in the psychic awakening books or if I'm fine sticking to the novels now. And I am behind on them, so if Dark Imperium, Cawl or other novel(s) recap the gathering storm stuff well enough then nevermind.

inscrutable horse
May 20, 2010

Parsing sage, rotating time

Why not just shoot them an e-mail, say shipping plastic dolls across the world is expensive for a regular Joe, and ask them to pay for shipping? If they won't, it's obviously not important enough for 'em.

Of course, the M A X I M U M G O O N response to the whole "2 Marines 2 Furious" would be to ask them to pay for shipping, take a dump in a box, and ship it all the way to Bandai's executive offices, yeah! Stick it to those money-having corporate shitlords! gently caress you, got marines, amirite?

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

inscrutable horse posted:

Why not just shoot them an e-mail, say shipping plastic dolls across the world is expensive for a regular Joe, and ask them to pay for shipping? If they won't, it's obviously not important enough for 'em.

Of course, the M A X I M U M G O O N response to the whole "2 Marines 2 Furious" would be to ask them to pay for shipping, take a dump in a box, and ship it all the way to Bandai's executive offices, yeah! Stick it to those money-having corporate shitlords! gently caress you, got marines, amirite?

They have already volunteered to set up the FedEx pickup and shipping label at no cost in the email.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

inscrutable horse posted:

Sp-Sp-Sp-Space Marine!

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Yvonmukluk posted:

I mean you could technically use Servants of the Abyss, but you'd have to get Blackstone Fortress first, and you'd need to ally to being in armour.

That's true. Are the CSMs from that box molded with Black Legion pauldrons?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Strobe posted:

They have already volunteered to set up the FedEx pickup and shipping label at no cost in the email.

Then yeah return it, help the other guy out.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Schadenboner posted:

I think so, yes. Also, unfortunately the Servants of the Abyss box is no longer being sold, although they are currently still selling the Cultists from the expansion.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

bagrada posted:

I guess I meant important lore. I collected almost everything during 5th and 6th edition when I played. While I liked the little bits of lore in the rule books, it didn't seem important for the overall story which was still in the novels. Because the main setting didn't move forward at all. I guess it moved backwards to Horus Heresy at the time, and the annoyance was getting the audio dramas and short stories in addition to the books.

I managed to get copies of the gathering storm hardcovers and the story told across the three seem pretty drat key to the current setting. So I wondered if I'm missing anything important in the psychic awakening books or if I'm fine sticking to the novels now. And I am behind on them, so if Dark Imperium, Cawl or other novel(s) recap the gathering storm stuff well enough then nevermind.

Yes and no. There's important story beats for certain factions. If you want to know what the Dark Angels are up to, for instance, then Ritual of the Damned is right there for you. But for the main storyline? Yeah, you're going to want the upcoming Dawn of Fire books.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Potential BFF posted:

GW's NAZI HAMS gently caress OFF ultimatum was pretty cool but I'm gonna stay mad that War of The Spider did not mean plastic Warp Spiders and a Phoenix Lord.

Mood

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

Schadenboner posted:

you can buy stand alone boxes of the servants of the abyss. I keep telling myself to do it because a mixed Chaos warband for kill team sounds fun. probably stupid expensive to turn into a full army list.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

jassi007 posted:

you can buy stand alone boxes of the servants of the abyss. I keep telling myself to do it because a mixed Chaos warband for kill team sounds fun. probably stupid expensive to turn into a full army list.

Unfortunately GW don't seem to sell those any more.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

they're a wealthy corporation, not your friend. They can fix their own mistakes instead of demanding customers do it for them

kind of a weird flex to frame your personal selfishness as sticking it to the man but w/e I guess

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte
GW routinely screw up and either ship more than what was in an order, or when a small part is damaged make up for it by shipping an entire new box of mans, and the customer service is always ‘hey man our bad, enjoy your extra stuff!’

Then the one time ever they ask for someone to do the right thing, and the response after literal years of good will service is ‘no gently caress them I’m not legally required to return something I was sent in error and didn’t pay for’

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
I didn't buy one or get shipped an extra btw I just don't like companies and businesses

Gato The Elder
Apr 14, 2006

Pillbug
quick fyi, it's ok to just ship it back

lmao your actions during bandaigate are not praxis

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

fashionly snort posted:

quick fyi, it's ok to just ship it back

lmao your actions during bandaigate are not praxis

Yeah it's not really a big deal either way and i shouldn't be a dick about it

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I wonder how many are getting mailed back with a power ranger inside.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

moths posted:

I wonder how many are getting mailed back with a power ranger inside.

When I worked for a phone retailer people would genuinely send back boxes with like some stones inside it. So people would open them up and immediately email the person saying "yeah you do know we know where you live and it's extremely obvious you sent us a box full of rocks right?".

Contingency
Jun 2, 2007

MURDERER
Dear GW,

It is unfortunate that a mistake was made in shipping. I don't want to keep anything that isn't mine, but frankly we're in the middle of a pandemic. Can I hold on shipping this back until this COVID thing blows over? As it is, you've just asked me to run out to FedEx to get a label printed and a box and materials for shipping, and all on my dime. Let's be reasonable here.

Thanks!

What are they going to come back with? "Please risk your life to ship us a plastic figure, Sincerely and gently caress you, GW."

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
So are people reading the part where GW is providing the label and the original box the figure came in and just ignoring it for giggles, or can you guys actually not read?

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Don't be cunts.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Strobe posted:

So are people reading the part where GW is providing the label and the original box the figure came in and just ignoring it for giggles, or can you guys actually not read?

What are you supposed to do if you don't have a printer?

I guess that doesn't matter because poor little Bandai can't make this right any other way, won't someone think of this mom and pop operation!?

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

PinheadSlim posted:

Take it to a library like people without printers have done since time immemorial.

PinheadSlim posted:

I guess that doesn't matter because poor little Bandai can't make this right any other way, won't someone think of this mom and pop operation!?

Jesus, if you're such a shithead over something that costs literally nothing I can't wait to see what horrific depths of antipathy you'd get to with an actual problem.

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte

Contingency posted:

What are they going to come back with?

Probably something along the lines of

"We are covering shipping as we said in the first email, why are you being so wilfully obtuse?

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Strobe posted:

Jesus, if you're such a shithead over something that costs literally nothing I can't wait to see what horrific depths of antipathy you'd get to with an actual problem.

This is extremely pathetic lol. You've perfectly psychologically analyzed me from a single action, you're a genius!

Edit : Also, thanks for pointing out for me that he would need to utilize a publicly used tool during a pandemic to save the big company a headache. You know, the virus that spreads from touching infected surfaces? I know it's not about Warhammer but it's been in the news you know.

Punkinhead fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Jun 8, 2020

R0ckfish
Nov 18, 2013
I have finally finished the Dark Imperium box set with these three fellows, just in time for the next box. :v:

Gunder
May 22, 2003

R0ckfish posted:

I have finally finished the Dark Imperium box set with these three fellows, just in time for the next box. :v:

Looks lovely, as usual! Really like the purple armour. I'm only 50% through the DI box, as I never got around to painting the Death Guard half. Which chapter did you pick for the Marines?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

PinheadSlim posted:

They'll probably mail you one.