Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Black Sabas
Apr 29, 2015

Guy who was friendly with Holocaust denier James Keegstra and hired Ezra Levant as communications director for his run for PM with the Alliance doesnt believe in systematic racism in Canada? Shocking

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

:anarchists:

Juul-Whip has issued a correction as of 00:46 on Jun 5, 2020

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Cops are expecting gangs to start stuff at the Winnipeg protest tomorrow, they say they've heard that ANTIFA is coming from Quebec and Ontario lol

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Fried Watermelon posted:

Cops are expecting gangs to start stuff at the Winnipeg protest tomorrow, they say they've heard that ANTIFA is coming from Quebec and Ontario lol

I hope they finish the job they started in 1919

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

A former federal election candidate of the so-called people's party of Canada, and her accomplices have taken over the board of a non-profit hospice centre in Delta BC and turned it into a far-right Christian-only organization. They have managed to align the former independent MLA, the current BC Liberal MLA, and the NDP health minister against them lol

quote:

the hospice board indicated that as part of its opposition to medical assistance in dying, it will ask the current membership to approve a more explicitly Christian mandate for the society.

It has become obvious that we must return to our roots and fully arm our Christian identity, wrote board president Angelina Ireland in a letter to the current membership.

The revised mandate would commit the society to fulfil Gods calling and to function as a Christian community that furthers biblical principles governed by the Triune God, a reference to the Trinity.

Its sad, whats happened to the hospice, said Huntington, who served as independent MLA for Delta South from 2009 to 2017, when I contacted her Tuesday. I believe you have to respect the morals and beliefs of other people.

She and others had sought to take back control of the society and to reunite Delta, Tsawwassen and Ladner behind a facility that was built with community donations large and small.

While the takeover of the society by a narrow religious element is as sad as Huntington says, it is not without a touch of the politically grotesque.

She supplied me with a link to a speech that the hospices Ireland gave in the United States in March of this year to a convention of the Christian-right group Bring American Back to Life.

Im pro-life, pro-God and pro-gun, Ireland began and finished with God bless President Trump.

She also advised the audience that the end game of the fight over the Delta hospice was communism cultural Marxism the destruction of the family.

Joining Huntington as unwitting agent of this reputed communist conspiracy is her successor in Delta South, B.C. Liberal MLA Ian Paton.

Paton put himself offside on the issue earlier this year, when he blasted Health Minister Adrian Dix for threatening to cut off provincial funding for the Delta Hospice and/or take over the facility.

The MLA accused Dix of literally stealing assets from the people of Delta that they worked so hard for so many years.

But under pressure from his own party, Paton retreated.

Upon reflection I realize my comments were not worded well, he confessed on social media.

I acknowledge and respect the decision to ensure that all citizens are given access to medical assistance in dying. I agree that publicly funded facilities should be prepared to offer this right to their patients.

When the issue flared up last week, Paton fired off protest letters to the society (I call on you to reconsider the membership application refusals) and to Dix himself.

There is fear among many of my constituents that proposed changes to the constitution of the hospice society will cause irreparable harm to their ability to perform palliative care services in our community, the MLA wrote the health minister.

Article content continued
What, if anything, can be done to support the health needs of my constituents and ensure that membership at the Delta Hospice Society remains open to all Delta citizens?

The letter went out on May 27. Two days later, Dix responded by reiterating what hed announced earlier in the year: Come next February, the province will cut off the $1.5 million in operating funds that flow to the Delta Hospice every year via the Fraser Health region.

The health minister added a strong hint that come next year, the health region (which owns the land on which the hospice is located) will take over the facility.

Fraser Healths job and my job is to ensure that Delta residents continue to have access to hospice services upon the termination of the contract with the Delta Hospice society, said Dix via a release from his office.

We continue to be committed to this and are working to make it happen.

For her part, Huntington would not be surprised if a takeover were the eventual outcome. But she also told me that the fight is not over.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Fried Watermelon posted:

https://twitter.com/wpgpoliceharm/status/1268624305287335942?s=21

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

I lived downtown for 4 years and never once got a message/warning like that

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

literally almost all our covid cases in BC came from white people, not Chinese. Not Iranians. that loving rocks

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Fried Watermelon posted:

Cops have been scaring the shops in Toronto all week with warnings about violent protests, even though none are planned. They're also spreading the rumor that BLACK BLOC is coming from Montreal.

:thunk:

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

I only assumed they meant these people.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Good to see Justin supporting the protests

https://twitter.com/meyer_lucas/status/1269320361402826761

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

London had a march today, surprisingly good turnout for a southern Ontario city. Looked like a few thousand people showed up. I left when someone on the microphone started doing saying some lib poo poo

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Terror Sweat posted:

London had a march today, surprisingly good turnout for a southern Ontario city. Looked like a few thousand people showed up. I left when someone on the microphone started doing saying some lib poo poo

western university is lib central

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Rutibex posted:

western university is lib central

That is true

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

:kimchi:
https://twitter.com/teganandsara/status/1269403309028171776

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Well time to invest in some quality tear-gas resistant goggles for when the UCP make protesting fully illegal.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
working in the trades offers a lot of opportunity to steal quality ppe, if you can stomach being a demon for a while

huhwhat
Apr 22, 2010

by sebmojo
https://www.ledevoir.com/societe/education/580048/neuf-eleves-d-un-meme-groupe-infectes-au-coronavirus

quote:

Autre signe encourageant, le foyer dclosion sest limit un seul groupe, selon la Dre Godi.

On na jamais cru quen rouvrant les coles il ny aurait aucun cas., a dclar le ministre de lducation

https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/what-a-school-day-looks-like-in-quebec-amid-reopening-measures-1.4971924

quote:

Classrooms have been re-opened for two weeks, and within that time Quebec's Education Department announced 40 staff and students have tested positive for COVID-19, including ten students and a teacher from a classroom in Trois-Rivieres.

Quebec Premier Francois Legault insisted Friday that re-opening schools was the right decision.

Children are happy, parents are happy, Legault said at a press conference.
Just according to keikaku. (Translator's note: Keikaku means plan)

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I am exploding with rage. Tabarnak.

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

Children and parents are happy? And racism doesn't exist? Sign me up for this magical paradise.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Fashionable Jorts posted:

Well time to invest in some quality tear-gas resistant goggles for when the UCP make protesting fully illegal.

Man if only the right had an ounce of self respect and self reflection the fact that Kenney is stripping fundamental human rights then turning around and saying "Most Ethical oil" to the world would cause his supporters to ask him to resign in disgrace.

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Guest2553 posted:

Children and parents are happy? And racism doesn't exist? Sign me up for this magical paradise.

It's just like Chechnya, there are no gays there's either

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

apatheticman posted:

Man if only the right had an ounce of self respect and self reflection the fact that Kenney is stripping fundamental human rights then turning around and saying "Most Ethical oil" to the world would cause his supporters to ask him to resign in disgrace.

Pretty sure most of his supporters see what he's doing and say "thank you, please press the boot down harder"

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
If anybody wants to Do A Praxis, Vancouver's anarchist bookstore needs money

https://www.gofundme.com/f/PCB75

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

I miss the before times when we had electricity in alberta

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Cue two hundred rednecks saying that this is what it would be like all the time if we used renewables for power

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Fashionable Jorts posted:

Cue two hundred rednecks saying that this is what it would be like all the time if we used renewables for power

honestly this already happens all the time, alberta has lousy power uptime compared to similar places

if only we could find something shittier than coal to burn then we wouldn't be in this mess, maybe we can burn engine oil or almonds or something

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
i hear you folks have an abundance of sandy goop that can be burned with some effort, what about that?

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

I'm thinking of moving to KW from the Toronto area. Is this a good deal?

https://www.realtor.ca/real-estate/21934546/67-westmount-road-e-kitchener

Edit: Before people take this seriously, I don't want this house. It is a dump.

PhilippAchtel has issued a correction as of 00:00 on Jun 8, 2020

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

blatman posted:

honestly this already happens all the time, alberta has lousy power uptime compared to similar places

if only we could find something shittier than coal to burn then we wouldn't be in this mess, maybe we can burn engine oil or almonds or something

I'd be curious if anyone had stats of what it was before deregulation.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

PhilippAchtel posted:

why the hell is the lawn so loving immaculate

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

DariusLikewise posted:

why the hell is the lawn so loving immaculate

lipstick on a rotten, bloated pig

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

PhilippAchtel posted:

It looks like it was abandoned in 1967 but some kindly neighbor kept up the lawn maintenance.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

night danger posted:

It looks like it was abandoned in 1967 but some kindly neighbor kept up the lawn maintenance.

I posted the same house on reddit as a joke, and half the comments are "Hmm, with the right contractor, it might be a good deal. Similar houses have gone for more than 600k."

The real estate market here is hosed.

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

:lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick:

PhilippAchtel posted:

I posted the same house on reddit as a joke, and half the comments are "Hmm, with the right contractor, it might be a good deal. Similar houses have gone for more than 600k."

The real estate market here is hosed.

Those people are insane, the condition is a gut job down to the studs and, from the looks of it, roof and structural repair due to water damage.

I'd keep the fireplace, though.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Mike Harris getting dragged in literally every comment on this is part of a complete breakfast

https://twitter.com/timhudak/status/1269649129648590848

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Isizzlehorn posted:

Those people are insane, the condition is a gut job down to the studs and, from the looks of it, roof and structural repair due to water damage.

I'd keep the fireplace, though.

honestly probably just better to completely rip the place down and just build something brand new if you were trying to flip it. that structure is hosed

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

PhilippAchtel posted:

me, flipping through the pictures: whats wrong with this place, that Philipp guy must be a snob or ahhhh holy poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

In my area you can get a nicer house on 20 acres of land with mature fruit trees for less than that.