Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Shiggy is obviously going to have to retreat for some reason or another but I like how he wants OFA now.

We know OFA powers up the quirks it rolls up, so if that logic holds Shiggy could pretty much sink Japan into the ocean if he gets his hands on it. Definite stakes raising. Him being able to dust cities is bad but you can still presumably escape from that. Powered up? It's the end of the world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Deku's final quirk will be an attack similar to, but legally distinct from, the Kamehameha, which he will use to vaporize Shigaraki down to the last cell.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Rhonne posted:

Deku's final quirk will be an attack similar to, but legally distinct from, the Kamehameha, which he will use to vaporize Shigaraki down to the last cell.

boy that's gonna make me mad when it definitely happens

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Yeah I have no idea where this is gonna go. Things seems to be pointing to a Deku vs. Shiggy fight in the deserted wastelands DBZ-style, and then who knows?

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I can totally see 1-A splitting into groups of 4 or 5 and each running to a different country for a little for training overseas/escaping from the LOV.

That way, we can get focus on the core Deku/Bakugou/Uraraka/Shouto group (Possibly with Iida), while occasionally getting the other groups (Mina/Kirishima/Denki/Sero).

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Junpei posted:

I can totally see 1-A splitting into groups of 4 or 5 and each running to a different country for a little for training overseas/escaping from the LOV.

That way, we can get focus on the core Deku/Bakugou/Uraraka/Shouto group (Possibly with Iida), while occasionally getting the other groups (Mina/Kirishima/Denki/Sero).

how is deku gonna be a better dancer if mina's not in his group

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Rhonne posted:

Shigaraki sings My Way as he is painfully destroyed slowly down to the last atom.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Huh, Shigi wanting OfA is... interesting, considering it has been established (IIRC?) that OfA cannot be stolen, because it cannot be transferred without the current user willing it.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

I think he's inherited the original AfO's obsession with destroying OfA, and he's hearing his master's voice ring in his head. Kinda like how Deku hears all the previous OfA users.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Funky Valentine posted:

Shigaraki sings My Way as he is painfully destroyed slowly down to the last atom.

Are his final words going to be CHYEAH or GODAAMITSHIIIEEET

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Funky Valentine posted:

I understood that reference!

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Rhonne posted:

Deku's final quirk will be an attack similar to, but legally distinct from, the Kamehameha, which he will use to vaporize Shigaraki down to the last cell. give Shigaraki all the knowledge in the universe, driving him insane.

Got to keep up with the times, you know.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

grieving for Gandalf posted:

boy that's gonna make me mad when it definitely happens

I kind of have to wonder if Shigaraki has been characterized too much to die at this point. Villain redemption is such a thing in battle manga, especially for popular villains, especially for popular villains with tragic backstories, I have a hard time picturing him getting killed, especially considering that this is a superhero comic, and fuckin nobody stays dead in those except supporting cast

I have too easy of a time picturing his last appearance being locked up (either in AFO style super security or after being Dequirked in a regular prison) and then Deku saying "I want to save you, too" before walking away

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

OnimaruXLR posted:

I kind of have to wonder if Shigaraki has been characterized too much to die at this point. Villain redemption is such a thing in battle manga, especially for popular villains, especially for popular villains with tragic backstories, I have a hard time picturing him getting killed, especially considering that this is a superhero comic, and fuckin nobody stays dead in those except supporting cast

I have too easy of a time picturing his last appearance being locked up (either in AFO style super security or after being Dequirked in a regular prison) and then Deku saying "I want to save you, too" before walking away

Everything in Shigaraki's backstory has set up to explain that this is Shigaraki's own feelings and choice. While AFO may have stoked it, it was Shigaraki who made the decision to murder people and feel good doing it. The entire thing in the landscape of hands was him rejecting any notion of not being evil, dusting the remnants of his past, and embracing evil.

And people STILL think "he's gonna get redeemed"

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Onmi posted:

Everything in Shigaraki's backstory has set up to explain that this is Shigaraki's own feelings and choice. While AFO may have stoked it, it was Shigaraki who made the decision to murder people and feel good doing it. The entire thing in the landscape of hands was him rejecting any notion of not being evil, dusting the remnants of his past, and embracing evil.

Nah, just that he's better than a cop.

(Spinner save us, only you care about everyone)

(Spinner ain't saving anyone, dammit)

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Onmi posted:

On the other hand addressing the Shigaraki issue is probably the only way you can truly end the legacy of All for One.

It'll be kinda like a Kimetsu no Yaiba demon situation I think. There's no redemption for Shigaraki but at some point he's going to have to face up to what he's done and what he could've been.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Final battle is gonna end up with Shiggy saying something along the lines of "Give me One For All!!" and Deku saying, "You want it? Take it." and having Shiggy eat his hair.

The OFA spirits, having not been taken but freely given, are not under Shiggy's control, and proceed to dismantle AFO from within, concluding with the spirit of OFA#1 and AFO#1 fighting each other.

This inner battle leaves Deku and Shiggy temporarily quirkless, and they duke it out. This all eventually ends with Nana's spirit hugging Shiggy from within.

Also, OFA and AFO combining halts the quirk singularity.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

Onmi posted:

You're 100% correct, except he doesn't necessarily need to be redeemed to survive. Just neutralized as a threat.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Scholtz posted:

Final battle is gonna end up with Shiggy saying something along the lines of "Give me One For All!!" and Deku saying, "You want it? Take it." and having Shiggy eat his hair.

The OFA spirits, having not been taken but freely given, are not under Shiggy's control, and proceed to dismantle AFO from within, concluding with the spirit of OFA#1 and AFO#1 fighting each other.

This inner battle leaves Deku and Shiggy temporarily quirkless, and they duke it out. This all eventually ends with Nana's spirit hugging Shiggy from within.

Also, OFA and AFO combining halts the quirk singularity.

House of M(idoriya)

No More Quirks

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Mystic Mongol posted:

Nah, just that he's better than a cop.

(Spinner save us, only you care about everyone)

(Spinner ain't saving anyone, dammit)

I mean a big part of MVA was that Spinner's sticking with Shigaraki. Pretty sure he's accepted the idea that a whole lot of people are gonna die.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Rhonne posted:

Nah, he's gonna go Naruto and cover his entire body in some weird 12th dimension energy that also doesn't follow the laws of physics like Shigarki's decay.

Onmi posted:

Deku will give Shigaraki a Snickers and a Pepsi and save the world.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

RareAcumen posted:

Deku will give Shigaraki a Snickers and a Pepsi moisturizer and save the world.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Nana's whole speech about "saving people's hearts" pretty much means that in some way Shigaraki is getting redeemed. Or at least, changing his tune at the end even if he dies.

I'm increasingly starting to think this ends with Deku losing One For All as well.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Eej posted:

No, More Quirks

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
They're absolutely setting up a story about cycles and the next generation doing better than the one before them

There's no way Deku and Shigaraki repeat the All Might/AFO song and dance of "oh I try to kill you now you try to kill me let's do this over and over and over".

Like, I can't wrap my mind around people being convinced this series ends with Deku punching Shigaraki's head off or something.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Blockhouse posted:

They're absolutely setting up a story about cycles and the next generation doing better than the one before them

There's no way Deku and Shigaraki repeat the All Might/AFO song and dance of "oh I try to kill you now you try to kill me let's do this over and over and over".

Deku will do better than All Might by actually finishing the job this time.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Rhonne posted:

Deku will do better than All Might by actually finishing the job this time.

Deku's gonna throw Shigaraki into space and give him Autonomous Ultra Instinct. He'll never be able to return, because he'll dust every asteroid, comet, and meteor that nearly collides with him.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Horikoshi just curves us and kills/cripples Bakugou here and finishes up his arc*

*this will not happen because he's the most popular character and if editors can make Kubo bring back Hitsugaya they'll make Hori leave Bakugou mostly unscathed

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
This poo poo has escalated in a way that has me genuinely curious what the outcome and the new status quo will be following this arc. Please don't let it be time travel or a rescue arc.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Fabricated posted:

Horikoshi just curves us and kills/cripples Bakugou here and finishes up his arc*

*this will not happen because he's the most popular character and if editors can make Kubo bring back Hitsugaya they'll make Hori leave Bakugou mostly unscathed
Bakugou will be dusted, only to keep himself together through sheer force of anger alone.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Shiggy will use up too much power too fast and that giant dude will come grab him like godzilla and wade out to the new underwater headquarters or something

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Big fan of Bakugo just instantly knowing what Deku is going to do and just shooting along with him to blow people up.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

I could see Shigaraki stealing Bakugo's quirk here. He already wanted to steal it when he kidnapped him, its a complete loss without anyone actually dying and Quirkless Bakugo just makes sense to happen at some point.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

It'll be Ochako.

Secondary character, redundant quirk, is somewhere she's not supposed to be, already had her quirk used by a villain, etc.

Plus it sets up the ending for quirkless Deku and Ochako.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Nephthys posted:

I could see Shigaraki stealing Bakugo's quirk here. He already wanted to steal it when he kidnapped him, its a complete loss without anyone actually dying and Quirkless Bakugo just makes sense to happen at some point.
Stripped of his natural-born gifts and forever closed off to his dream of becoming the best, Bakugo turns to the forbidden art of using a grenade launcher.

Bakugo, leaping through the air with his feet on fire: EAT poo poo, DEKUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
Nah Ochako's untouchable, she'll body Shigaraki using Gunhead Martial Arts.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

SKULL.GIF posted:

It'll be Ochako.

Secondary character, redundant quirk, is somewhere she's not supposed to be, already had her quirk used by a villain, etc.

Plus it sets up the ending for quirkless Deku and Ochako.

It ends up that, because their base-level quirks rely on all 5 fingers touching a thing, the motion to cancel Uraraka's quirk also works to cancel Shigaraki's.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

SpacePig posted:

It ends up that, because their base-level quirks rely on all 5 fingers touching a thing, the motion to cancel Uraraka's quirk also works to cancel Shigaraki's.

Now I'm convinced this series will end with Uraraka bravely convincing Shigaraki to give her a high-five. Uraraka will sacrifice her life but Shigaraki will be stuck floating forever, incapable of ever touching anything again, probably in space until he can't think anymore.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Blaze Dragon posted:

Now I'm convinced this series will end with Uraraka bravely convincing Shigaraki to give her a high-five. Uraraka will sacrifice her life but Shigaraki will be stuck floating forever, incapable of ever touching anything again, probably in space until he can't think anymore.
Well, that's what everyone thinks, but then she shows up at her own funeral because Izuku forgot to tell everybody she survived and he was nursing her back to health. They also got married.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Supersonic Shine posted:

Stripped of his natural-born gifts and forever closed off to his dream of becoming the best, Bakugo turns to the forbidden art of using a grenade launcher.

Bakugo, leaping through the air with his feet on fire: EAT poo poo, DEKUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CJ80cupB2I