Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raikiri
Nov 3, 2008

Thank you <3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Hhhhhhhhhhhburg

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

A couple late night smash burgs with cheese and honey chipotle sauce.

Raikiri
Nov 3, 2008
Didn't fancy waiting 3 hours for a McDonalds (they just reopened drive-thrus here, it's mad how many people are queueing)... so made my own.

2*2.5 Oz smash burgers, sweet pickles, shredded lettuce, white onion, and actual big mac sauce.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Raikiri posted:

Didn't fancy waiting 3 hours for a McDonalds (they just reopened drive-thrus here, it's mad how many people are queueing)... so made my own.

2*2.5 Oz smash burgers, sweet pickles, shredded lettuce, white onion, and actual big mac sauce.
Sweet jebus that's a beautiful burger!

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

Raikiri posted:

https://youtu.be/ik9dxkKriV0

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Terrible photo but the Getta Special this week is awesome. Their standard cheeseburger with the addition of a couple of cheeseburger spring rolls. So crunchy and cheesy and delicious.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

iajanus posted:

Terrible photo but the Getta Special this week is awesome. Their standard cheeseburger with the addition of a couple of cheeseburger spring rolls. So crunchy and cheesy and delicious.

Hells yeah. Add fried burger to a burger: genius!

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

iajanus posted:

Man thats a new one to me.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
That burger looks like a sharpei.

Drunk Beekeeper
Jan 13, 2007

Is this deception?
Here’s how to make a burger:
Step 1: Buy a device called the Smokaroma Instant Burger. You will need to search eBay or craigslist or maybe some restaurant supply stores, they can be hard to find. Sometimes stupid expensive as well. I snagged mine for $450 on eBay.

Step 2: hire an electrician to install an RV style electrical plug connected directly to your breaker box with a 30 amp breaker. This thing draws around 28-29 amps when it runs so you can’t use the standard household 15 or 20 amp breakers. We did ours outside because we wanted poolside burgers, but this thing doesn’t need a hood or ventilation so you can install It anywhere inside as well.

Step 3: get some fatty beef. 73/27 or 70/30 works well. Get at least 3lbs, or 5lbs if you’re feeding a few folks.

Step 4: grab a kitchen scale and make balls out of the beef, ensuring each one weighs exactly 2.5 ounces. Any more or less and the cooking process will not be satisfactory. You can add seasoning at this step but do not add salt, or any seasoning blend containing salt. This device cooks with electric power and salt interferes with the current and can cause pitting on the plates.

Here are all my meatballs prepped and ready for cooking along with some sliced cheddar.

Step 5: place two meatballs on the plate. Shut the lid which will smash them down into the smash burger shape. Flip the power switch and press start. Around 27-28 seconds later the “Ready” light will illuminate. This indicates your burgers are now fully cooked.

Step 6: take off one patty, throw a slice of cheese on, then place the other patty on top, which will melt the cheese nicely and now you have the main part of the double burger ready. You can throw salt on now as well, we like to use a little Lawry’s seasoning salt.

There will be a lot of liquified fat on the plates. There’s a tray underneath to collect the fat so you just scrape it off the edge. They aren’t the prettiest burgs in the world but all the rendered fat makes them extra juicy and incredibly delicious.

Repeat steps 5 and 6 for the rest of the meat. Since it’s less than 30 seconds per cook, you can get all your burgers ready in less than 10 minutes. Add condiments and toppings, then enjoy your tasty burg!

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Well that's super loving cool.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
Whoa. Drunk Beekeeper is not loving around with their burgs.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Well, that ups the ante a bit

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
Covid forced me to start cooking "for real" for the first time in my life, and this is by far the most aesthetically pleasing item I've made:

Neglected to get pictures of the actual burgers, which were nothing special, but I was amazed how easy the buns were. I never want to make burgers because I never have buns on-hand, so I'm extremely stoked now that I can whip up some buns on demand.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Drunk Beekeeper posted:

Here’s how to make a burger:

that thing is super cool but it doesn't look like it gets hot enough to sear anything? the meat is completely gray and sitting in its own liquid (not just fat)

I mean I'd still eat them of course

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
gandalf the gray (meat)

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
first try at making my own buns, used Josh Weissman's recent recipe (better than baconator)

trrrrriple patty with BBQ sawwwsss

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

BraveUlysses posted:

Fuuuuuuuuck. :vince:

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

BraveUlysses posted:

first try at making my own buns, used Josh Weissman's recent recipe (better than baconator)

C'mon friend you can't just do this and not share with the rest of the thread, holy poo poo

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I watched that Weissman video and how does he manage to get a crust without smashing the patty with a 50 pound dumbell and then tearing it off with the jaws of life?

Jamsta
Dec 16, 2006

Oh you want some too? Fuck you!

BraveUlysses posted:

looking pretty kwispy

Drunk Beekeeper
Jan 13, 2007

Is this deception?

Crusty Nutsack posted:

that thing is super cool but it doesn't look like it gets hot enough to sear anything? the meat is completely gray and sitting in its own liquid (not just fat)

I mean I'd still eat them of course

Yeah, that is accurate. It’s not a replacement for a grilled or skillet seared burger. Basically it sends a high amount of electrical current through the meat that liquifies the fat which then boils. So the meat is essentially boiled in its own fat. Because of how this thing works, there is basically no heat and the plates are safe to touch right when you open it after cooking, hence no searing. The real magic here is the cook time, 27 seconds for two patties is a great way to feed lots of people quickly.

I will say they are delicious in their own right, just different. Everyone who tries one at our house really enjoys them.

Drunk Beekeeper fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Jun 8, 2020

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
huh. i thought it was just a low heat burger press. that's weird and now i'm curious.

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT
Yeah, I assumed it was lower heat and almost steamed them with their own moisture.

I'd like to try a burger cooked via low voltage.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Remember kids: Amps kill make delicious burgs.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

So it's induction, sorta.

fart store
Jul 6, 2018

probably nobody knows
im the fattest man
maybe nobody even
people have told me
and its not me saying this
my gut
my ass
its huge
my whole body
and i have been told
did you know this
not many know this
im gonna let you in on this
some say
[inhale loudly]
im the hugest one.
many people dont know that
It's a beef-core welder

Lincoln
May 12, 2007

Ladies.
It's like a Hot-Dogger for flat meat.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Fascinating device.

Do you know if they were used in any chains or were they for random joints?

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
Just a quick thrown together friday double double on a soft white roll.

loving spot on.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof
That looks fukkin tasty.
I cleaned my cast iron with some beef.

Sorry you can't even see the meat.

Stelio Kontos
Feb 12, 2014

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

That looks fukkin tasty.
I cleaned my cast iron with some beef.

Sorry you can't even see the meat.

Is that Kewpie on that there bun

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

I had pizza for lunch yesterday, so instead of not eating anything for dinner, I made a most basic single chicken burger:

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

Stelio Kontos posted:

Is that Kewpie on that there bun

dayumn right.
Good eye friend.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.
I hosted a grad student association potluck months ago and one of my classmates brought some cheap supermarket burger patties that I just tossed in the freezer rather than cooking. Since then I've really cut back on eating meat, but I've been thawing a couple intermittently to satisfy the burg cravings. Mayo, mustard, LTO, provolone and some homemade spicy sauerkraut.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

In Burges

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof
I have redeemed myself with another attempt.

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

drat son...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

atothesquiz
Aug 31, 2004

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

I have redeemed myself with another attempt.

That bacon game and cheese melt is on point. Be proud.