Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Just realized I've been conflating Callista Gingrich with Cindy McCain because honestly who gives a poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
Obama pretending to drink Flint water to convince residents it was fine

hallebarrysoetoro
Jun 14, 2003

the airquotes is what gets me lollin

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
For me, it’s gotta be the STRAIGHT OUTTA COMPTON font of “poor” households

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
whoopsie

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Jib Jab flash animations

hallebarrysoetoro
Jun 14, 2003
the current potus was a heel for the wwe

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Jesus lmao

ozza
Oct 23, 2008

An evergreen lol. The little look on Kim's face is the best.

And again, it's fun to imagine how much Republicans would never have shut the gently caress up about this moment if it had been Hillary or, god forbid, Obama saluting.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
The Lindsey Graham rear end mole ladybug thing is the most disgusting thing I've heard in years. :gonk:

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Trump

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

The Lindsey Graham rear end mole ladybug thing is the most disgusting thing I've heard in years. :gonk:

I wish I could avoid the president’s speeches for a period of at least two years.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Platystemon posted:

I wish I could avoid the president’s speeches for a period of at least two years.

Compared to the policy aspect of his administration, poo poo like this was downright charming:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=na6vt-UKFoA

khazar sansculotte
May 14, 2004

Councilman in New Zealand wore a klan hood to give incisive social commentary about "hoodie day" in 2010. So of course they invited him on the news. If you haven't seen this before, you're in for a treat at about 3:05, but do not skip the build up.

https://youtu.be/lD4ma24NfL4

e: thumbnail spoils it so I took out the embed

khazar sansculotte
May 14, 2004

Also that month a few thousand years ago where libs were obsessed with footage of times where trumos stupid handshake didn't cause someone to almost fall over.

Syd Midnight
Sep 23, 2005

I just remembered Charlton Heston vs Body Count https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6lwNyCo7O8

Looking back I can see that they were way more upset by "KKK Bitch" than "Cop Killer", tbf Ice-T explained why in the song intro that Heston left out

Body Count's latest album, Carnivore came out in March & its pretty good

oh also when Ice-T & Jello Biafra went on Oprah, and Jello pulled out a newspaper to read Tipper Gore's her own words back to her while Oprah tries to damage control

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKRGX1a-JBE @ 04.03

Syd Midnight has issued a correction as of 17:02 on Jun 7, 2020

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
And another reason we had GWB, forgot that one.

elaboration
Feb 21, 2020
colin powell being brought back up b/c hes voting for biden reminded me of how incredibly funny the 2016 electoral votes map is

ron paul getting an EV rules SO much

elaboration has issued a correction as of 20:14 on Jun 7, 2020

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Judge Dredd Scott posted:

colin powell being brought back up b/c hes voting for biden reminded me of how incredibly funny the 2020 electoral votes map is

3:1 colin powell: faith spotted eagle is a pretty good summary of washington state

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
The British were paying off the debt from compensating slaveowners after abolition up until 2015

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Remember when Kamala “Top Cop” Harris was the frontrunner for vice president?

Pepperoneedy
Apr 27, 2007

Rockin' it

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

It's baffling to me that the history of homophobia in america's black communities was never mentioned as maybe being a part of this

or was it just not a thing anymore in 2019

like when studies say that 30% of democrats still don't approve of gay marriage or w/e the stat is it's obvious homophobia is still out there, somewhere

hell best picture winner Moonlight was basically awarded because it was a look at that problem which is otheriwse ignored JUST LIKE HERE (although Pete also sucks)

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

Antonymous posted:

It's baffling to me that the history of homophobia in america's black communities was never mentioned as maybe being a part of this

like when studies say that 30% of democrats still don't approve of gay marriage or w/e the stat is it's obvious homophobia is still out there, somewhere

hell best picture winner Moonlight was basically awarded because it was a look at that problem which is otheriwse ignored JUST LIKE HERE (although Pete also sucks)

Did you miss the part where Petey's campaign straight up said openly and publicly that their lack of support among blacks was entirely because of homophobia? And not, y'know, the part where Petey did tons of incredibly racist poo poo like replace the police chief with a more racist one, bulldoze black neighborhoods, etc etc.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Judge Dredd Scott posted:

colin powell being brought back up b/c hes voting for biden reminded me of how incredibly funny the 2016 electoral votes map is

ron paul has as many electoral votes as bernie sanders

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

chairface posted:

Did you miss the part where Petey's campaign straight up said openly and publicly that their lack of support among blacks was entirely because of homophobia? And not, y'know, the part where Petey did tons of incredibly racist poo poo like replace the police chief with a more racist one, bulldoze black neighborhoods, etc etc.

One of the most widely circulated articles about Buttigieg I saw, even by his own supporters, had a very obvious split between white people saying that Buttigieg "really cleaned up downtown" and black people saying "he destroyed my home."

His autobiography, which was supposed to make him look good, had only 1 black person, a fire chief who completely and utterly owned him in the text.

(IIRC, there was a meeting and the fire chief said "How do I know you're not just saying whatever you think will please me with no followthrough" and Buttigieg is just like h "haha, got me there!")

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
dude utterly loathes black people and isn't nearly as good at hiding it as he thinks

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

chairface posted:

yah I missed all this

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

MikeCrotch posted:

The British were paying off the debt from compensating slaveowners after abolition up until 2015

americans were paying a tax to fund the spanish american war until 2006

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

MikeCrotch posted:

Haiti had to pay a massive indemnity to France over slave owner losses. It took them until 1947 to pay it off and it's one of the reasons Haiti was never able to develop after independence.

quote:

The cost to Haiti was arguably much higher than the original sum, because Haiti had to raise the money via loans that carried interest. Conversely, had the sum been invested, it would have yielded 69 trillion dollars by 2014 at a nominal rate of 4% after inflation, or 90 thousand trillion at an 8% annual return commonly assumed for equities.

former glory
Jul 11, 2011

[img]https://i.imgur.com/0LusLvL.jpg][/img]

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Antonymous posted:

:chloe:

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Why is the charisma-less buffoon with no achievements or personal traits beyond "gay troop" and "unusual surname" getting no black support? Must be, The Black Community’s deep-seated homophobia,

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

Black homophobes aint havin no pete

cool dance moves
Aug 27, 2018

GalacticAcid posted:

Why is the charisma-less buffoon with no achievements or personal traits beyond "gay troop" and "unusual surname" getting no black support? Must be, The Black Community’s deep-seated homophobia,

Dont forget the bread prices and sketchy vacation to Somaliland!

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Algund Eenboom posted:

Black homophobes aint havin no pete

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
When Sotomayor was pending confirmation, the word empathetic was bandied about as a positive trait, which it is. The conservatives waffled between openly mocking it or being entirely unfamiliar with the concept

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

e: link broke