Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Fire Safety Doug posted:

I take it you are a football hooligan.

As much as you're a Proud Boy mate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Hooligans are f-d up.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
I bought a hydration pouch for biking and hiking. If I don’t like it I can always fill it with rum.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Coffee And Pie posted:

I bought a hydration pouch for biking and hiking. If I don’t like it I can always fill it with rum.

I mean, you could do that even if you did like it 🤷🏻‍♂️

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

colas posted:

Hooligans are f-d up.

I'll just assume you bought a microscope to view that, also he was an Arsenal supporter so no big loss.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
Bought a Thrustmaster T.16000M stick and throttle. It won't be delivered till July but I don't have a pressing need and the price was right. Got a taste for flying again after the DCS world free month.

Also finally got some pants for work that fit. Everything I ordered was like 90s baggy or bigger, or Asian Slim Fit and not Fat rear end American Slim Fit. The slim fit I could maybe rock, but my booty and thighs were too mighty and my dick showed a little, that's too scandalous for work. As much as I want to strut my stuff in front of the nurses that wouldn't fly. I'd really like a tapered leg, but it's for work and I'm tired of returning poo poo. Wish someone would just take the cut of Levi's 511 and just make that into a chino, those are perfect.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
They used to make 511 chinos, if they don’t anymore check eBay

Fire Safety Doug
Sep 3, 2006

99 % caffeine free is 99 % not my kinda thing

Shrapnig posted:

As much as you're a Proud Boy mate.

There you have it.

PS: I like the jacket.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

H110Hawk posted:

I would get a weather proof box for the outlet if you own it, or a baby proofing plastic cover if you don't. Put the charger in that, something the size and quality of the Apple USB chargers should fit under one. At least their older Gen of little cubes. Otherwise look at anker brand stuff.

Awesome! It's got that, I guess I'm just a little precious about it. I'll do that very thing!

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

skooma512 posted:

Bought a Thrustmaster T.16000M stick and throttle. It won't be delivered till July but I don't have a pressing need and the price was right. Got a taste for flying again after the DCS world free month.

Also finally got some pants for work that fit. Everything I ordered was like 90s baggy or bigger, or Asian Slim Fit and not Fat rear end American Slim Fit. The slim fit I could maybe rock, but my booty and thighs were too mighty and my dick showed a little, that's too scandalous for work. As much as I want to strut my stuff in front of the nurses that wouldn't fly. I'd really like a tapered leg, but it's for work and I'm tired of returning poo poo. Wish someone would just take the cut of Levi's 511 and just make that into a chino, those are perfect.

I know they’re a podcast brand and not cheap but I have a couple pair of Mugsy jeans/pants and they fit slim but are also stretchy so they’re a nice combo for someone who has observed leg day. Their chinos are less stretchy than the jeans but I’ve bought both true to size and been happy.

Fire Safety Doug posted:

PS: I like the jacket.

I watched a documentary for lack of a better term about the football hooligan fashion culture in England in the 80s/90s that was fascinating. What it came down to was that these random boutique continental Europe fashion brands like Stone Island in this case became terrace-wear badges, quite literally, of honor because it meant you or someone you knew went to the mainland and looted/stole the poo poo from a shop and brought it back while also probably punching some French or Italian people in the face.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

NewFatMike posted:

Awesome! It's got that, I guess I'm just a little precious about it. I'll do that very thing!

:toot:

Grab a dedicated anker charger and Amazon basics cable then you don't need to be precious about it.

Grumbletron 4000
Nov 30, 2002

Where you want it, bitch.
College Slice
Got the whole families bikes sorted out. Did a 15 mile ride today. Mine and my son's hybrids. Wife's GT cruiser and young boys BMX.

Grumbletron 4000 has a new favorite as of 08:59 on Jun 9, 2020

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
Oxygen degreaser, for getting stuff really really clean from anything that'll touch pure O2.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

His Divine Shadow posted:

Oxygen degreaser, for getting stuff really really clean from anything that'll touch pure O2.

:cheers:

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
My spider web shorts I bought when drunk finally came in lolol

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

A refreshing glass of milk

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Jeza posted:

A refreshing glass of milk

Feels like is is a reference that went over my head.

Also I misspoke, for any surfaces that'll touch O2, not from. For refurbishing my fathers old oxy acetylene sets.

Clean (but not pure oxygen clean)

I got two kits actually, one with a black handle that is more modern

I'll put this stuff in the ultrasonic cleaner with deionized water (3-5% solution) and clean out all the parts. Then it should be clean as hell.

His Divine Shadow has a new favorite as of 12:04 on Jun 9, 2020

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
Finally pulled the trigger on these.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

couldcareless posted:

Picked up a pair of these a while back, they’re great

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

by the sex ghost

Feels like is is a reference that went over my head.

The packaging for your industrial cleaner looks like the packaging for small amounts of milk that you can buy in convenience stores in the US.

Moo the cow
Apr 30, 2020

silence_kit posted:

The packaging for your industrial cleaner looks like the packaging for small amounts of milk that you can buy in convenience stores in the US.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFKQ7GflRkk

Staryberry
Oct 16, 2009
I bought scrub brush attachments for our drill. It made fast work of the grime in the tub.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Staryberry posted:

I bought scrub brush attachments for our drill. It made fast work of the grime in the tub.

Dang send me a link, please.

Moo the cow
Apr 30, 2020

Staryberry posted:

Are you going to use it to clean pots and pans?

If so, please report back.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BV8MQBT/

I hope YOU PEOPLE are happy.

Staryberry
Oct 16, 2009
Here is the link for the drill scrubbers. I don’t plan on using them to clean pots because I’ve used them to clean the bathroom. I was thinking they might be amazing to clean the base boards in the kitchen, though.

Drill Brush Attachment Set - Power Scrubber Brush Cleaning Kit - All Purpose Drill Brush with Extend Attachment for Bathroom Surfaces, Grout, Floor, Tub, Shower, Tile, Corners, Kitchen and Car https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BV8MQBT/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_0f73Eb6M0AYPD

Moo the cow
Apr 30, 2020

If you don't mind waiting 2 months for delivery, you can get them directly from China for 30% less

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000191612246.html

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

silence_kit posted:

Ah, it's all tetra packs here.

TurdBurgles
Sep 17, 2007

I AM WHITE AND PLAY NA FLUTE ON TRIBAL LANDS WITH NO GUILT.

Staryberry posted:

Here is the link for the drill scrubbers. I don’t plan on using them to clean pots because I’ve used them to clean the bathroom. I was thinking they might be amazing to clean the base boards in the kitchen, though.

Drill Brush Attachment Set - Power Scrubber Brush Cleaning Kit - All Purpose Drill Brush with Extend Attachment for Bathroom Surfaces, Grout, Floor, Tub, Shower, Tile, Corners, Kitchen and Car https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BV8MQBT/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_0f73Eb6M0AYPD

Thanks, I bought a set to clean some tile!

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

couldcareless posted:

Excellent purchase. You won't regret it!

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
I bought two boxes of those a while ago and they're pretty great. The yellow one there is rated to a softness where you're supposed to use it on tubs and porcelain and stuff. I also got the red one which is noticeably stiffer that I used to clean painted brick in my basement.

Iirc there's four tiers of bristle hardness, the highest is for removing paint.

why is linking to Amazon so loving hard on your phone?

E: it took me so long to respond I got beat bad

Rageaholic posted:

Excellent purchase. You won't regret it!

Seriously it's what I use in my office/studio and I'll plug ATH-M50s until the end of time.

Aramek has a new favorite as of 17:58 on Jun 9, 2020

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant
:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew::homebrew::homebrew::homebrew::homebrew::homebrew::homebrew::homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Fine, targeted ads, you know what the gently caress I like and it's tabletop poo poo so I caved in and bought this, as well as some Plano 3650s that I modified for storage for the thing.

Tabletop Simulator so I can play the Workshop version of Gloomhaven with people not in my area, as well as other games.

Sampling of Gateron switches, with two Zealios switches included.

Sampling of Kailh switches as well. Bout to dip our toes here into yet another prohibitively expensive hobby, but before I go jump in with a stock option with some Cherry MXs, I'm seeing if I'll prefer the other brands. Cherrys don't feel.... tactile enough to me, so the Zealios on this are nice, but I've heard good things about the Kailh Box Jades and Box Navys feeling and sounding close to the old Model M keys, so we'll see what I decide to go with.

GFuel so I can cut down on sugar but still get a shitton of caffeine and whatnot.

Two of these 40oz AliExpress HydroFlasks. The goons over in the AliExpress Crap thread say they're pretty much identical and I've been looking for a decent water bottle for a while.

Two "Cosplay" League of Legends facemasks from AliExpress. They're the standard ones that most people in China use day-to-day, have a nice filter built in, and a carbon filter can be placed in as well, so i'm happy with it.

and as well. Finally got my Cham! Cassette in from HK, and it sounds fantastic. Just waiting on the vinyls to be shipped out.

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:
Well poo poo, guess I'm going on Aliexpress now. Very good purchases all around; where did you get the testers? I want to find some more tactile switches to swap onto my keyboard.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Gloomhaven owns. The sequel was just ok Kickstarter too so keep an eye out if you enjoy it.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Moo the cow posted:

If you don't mind waiting 2 months for delivery, you can get them directly from China for 30% less

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000191612246.html

And just like that I have a solution for how to clean the jets in my jacuzzi tub. Bless you Moo the cow. Bless you.

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

foutre posted:

Well poo poo, guess I'm going on Aliexpress now. Very good purchases all around; where did you get the testers? I want to find some more tactile switches to swap onto my keyboard.

Hydroflasks from AliExpress are here:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000687615630.html

Testers came from Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07D9DDJ6B/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 - This one for the Kailh Box series

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073XBWK69/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 - This one is for the Gateron switches with two of them being Zealios 62g and 78g switches.

Bottom Liner posted:

Gloomhaven owns. The sequel was just ok Kickstarter too so keep an eye out if you enjoy it.

Frosthaven was ALWAYS popping up in my facebook sponsored posts so that's what got me around to checking out Gloomhaven in the first place. We'll see how it goes, but I'm looking forward to it.

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:
Sick, ty!

Fwiw I found that Gloomhaven has kind of taken over most of my other boardgame time, it's great.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
Is Aliexpress not a scam or just low quality stuff? I'm intrigued because I've always written it off as a wish.com type of site where outright lying/deception is tolerated

I am in fact very intrigued

Moo the cow
Apr 30, 2020

Solice Kirsk posted:

And just like that I have a solution for how to clean the jets in my jacuzzi tub. Bless you Moo the cow. Bless you.
There's a lot going on in the world today that I can't solve. But if I can help you have clean jacuzzi jets, then I feel I have done a little to make the world a better place.

KingSlime posted:

Is Aliexpress not a scam or just low quality stuff? I'm intrigued because I've always written it off as a wish.com type of site where outright lying/deception is tolerated

It's not a scam, it is legit.
The key thing is that you get exactly what you pay for.....eventually (shipping time can be up to 2 months)

These days, you can find a lot of unbranded stuff on Amazon and ebay that originates from Ali.

Come join the thread:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3806076

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

KingSlime posted:

More the latter. Sometimes, the stuff there is the exact same as what you would see on Amazon or other "western"-based shopping sites. Literally the same factory, but maybe slightly poorer quality raw materials, or worse QA, and branded differently.

Other times it's extremely similar but not the exact same factory/production line, like the OG production company gave/sold away the plans to another company, or they just coped it from an Etsy listing (like the thousands of enamel pins and buttons based on drat near any pop culture you can think of.)

And other times they're just even cheaper copies with no remote ties to whatever the original product being copied was, but might be ok for whatever use you need (like a chjeap soldering iron or something you might only need once or twice.)

And finally there is a subset of "Wish.com"-type items that are just weird, bizarre, and slightly more "scam"-ish than their other stuff, like fake iPhones just running a skinned Android sending your data back to China, wedding dresses that look fancy in the photo but are literally made of, like, cheerleader pom-pom material, etc...