Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
My connect lives right next to the store where that cop murdered George Floyd so everything is teargas cough for the time being

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
why does reality have to be such a persistent illusion

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

Is there any trick to refilling Clipper lighters? I'm using a butane fuel bottle with the stem that fits into the bottom of the lighter, but even with quite a bit of force it's not filling. I can tell the bottle is dispensing because it squirts out a little gas when you depress the stem.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Empty the lighter entirely first. Take a pen or fork or something and push the fill valve in (careful it will get cold) to purge the lighter, turn it upside down and poo poo while purging to be sure you get it all.

Then fill it.

Of course now that you've probably filled it, it has a baby flame. Some gas works better than others. I have no problems with Whip-it! brand.

Agrinja
Nov 30, 2013

Praise the Sun!

Total Clam
^

All my good lighters finally started taking a good fill as soon as I started emptying those bastards out with a pen. Calibri and vector are also pretty good brands.

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

drat, I emptied it out with a mechanical pencil but I can't get the bottle to light with the lighter. Might be a thing with the manufacturing of the lighter, or this brand of bottle.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I don't use the additional tips in the caps, just use the bottle nozzle.

Look at where the flame usually comes out, click the lighter switch and look for a little electrical arc. If there's no arc, the igniter is shot.

Invest in a better torch lighter, if that's what you're using it for. If not, a five pack of Bics go a looooong way.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Why the gently caress do I remember that his name is "Ephant Mon"

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
nah its this guy https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Momaw_Nadon

Riatsala
Nov 20, 2013

All Princesses are Tyrants

Bought a PatPen last week to try out vaping (been 99% edibles for a couple years) and remembering how great it is to get high quickly.

Denver has had incredibly nice weather the past couple weeks, getting in some incredible hammock time right now, blowing clouds at the dogs as they pass by .

Antioch
Apr 18, 2003

Riatsala posted:

Bought a PatPen last week to try out vaping (been 99% edibles for a couple years) and remembering how great it is to get high quickly.

Denver has had incredibly nice weather the past couple weeks, getting in some incredible hammock time right now, blowing clouds at the dogs as they pass by .

This is what's up. I wish I lived somewhere with more than 4 months of warm weather.

Antioch
Apr 18, 2003

bagmonkey posted:

Good Luck Goon! Hope it goes well

Who's high on a beautiful Saturday morning?

Update: It did go well! And now I have a job and got a 10% raise off it. 10 days of unemployment left, better make it count.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Antioch posted:

Update: It did go well! And now I have a job and got a 10% raise off it. 10 days of unemployment left, better make it count.

Congrats dude! That's fuckin' awesome

This weekend is supposed to be low 80s / high 70s and sunny all weekend. Fuckin perfect

grillster
Dec 25, 2004

:chaostrump:
I can't wait until I don't have to socially distance myself from the smell of the weed inside the jar at the weed store. Smelling test isn't allowed. They need like, a smell gun, that they just attach to the top of the jar that wafts the aroma safely to the customer's nose.

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Weed is great at any time, but especially after doing yard work. Wish it wasn’t so godawful hot out so I could enjoy it on the deck.

grillster
Dec 25, 2004

:chaostrump:

Alien Sex Manual posted:

Weed is great at any time, but especially before doing yard work. Wish it wasn’t so godawful hot out so I could enjoy it on the deck.

I squinted a little harder and this is what it said

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Alien Sex Manual posted:

Weed is great at any time, but especially after doing yard work. Wish it wasn’t so godawful hot out so I could enjoy it on the deck.

It has been both hot and with ghastly winds lately and we don't smoke in the house. It has sucked so much.

Mustached5thGrader
Oct 1, 2011

My mother won't let me grow a goatee.
I just bought edibles off of Instagram. Let’s see what happens I guess

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Goonspeed. As for me, thinking about either packing a bedtime bowl of Purple Sierra or Grape Ape. Both are seriously good. Black as night too, so just some drat gorgeous flower.

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:

redreader posted:

You should get gummy edibles. They're all measured out in doses of (from what I have seen) 1.5mg -10mg of THC. I will eat anything under 5mg whole but if it's 10mg I cut it into quarters or half. Some edibles are ridiculous, like the chocolate brownie my friend ate half of, that had something like 80mg of THC and made him high for 2 days. I have no idea why anyone would make anything that strong, if you can't eat an entire brownie and have to cut it up into 20ths or whatever, then what the gently caress are you doing?

Anyway, get gummy edibles!

edibles hit everyone differently, I've seen people eat amounts that would put me on my rear end for days. something to do with metabolism and body type and what you eat

my issue is that it's such a narrow band between not really feeling it and full-on trip to the moon, which ain't all bad but I get the shivers and crazy anxiety sometimes

that especially seems true with ABV...idk exactly why but I am assuming it's because all the chill compounds have been vaped out of it already leaving you with nothing but space weed

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
All the good stuff gets smoked out of avb yeah. I tried smoking it and my first thought was, "ah, yes. Now i've killed myself".

I made banana bread from the rest of it and was shithoused all weekend.

Epitope
Nov 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Terpenes are more volatile than cannabinoids, so you're going to have a lot less terps. Also, the remaining cannabinoids are going to be more decarboxylated than in fresh. There may be more CBN, not sure on that one. One of the reasons edibles are unpredictable is getting the decarboxylation right is harder than people realize. So the same recipe with ABV vs fresh, the ABV batch may actually end up stronger, since it was heated in the vape. Going to be vary wildly depending on the vape setup and the edible recipe, thus the unpredictability.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

JAMOOOL posted:

edibles hit everyone differently, I've seen people eat amounts that would put me on my rear end for days. something to do with metabolism and body type and what you eat

my issue is that it's such a narrow band between not really feeling it and full-on trip to the moon, which ain't all bad but I get the shivers and crazy anxiety sometimes

i generally avoid edibles because when i want to get high, i want to get high like immediately not at some random point maybe two hours in the future and then it lasts for who knows how long especially since for me they tend to hit more in the body than the brain. the exception is airplanes, i eat a bunch when im about to leave for the airport and that timing usually works very nicely

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Earwicker posted:

i generally avoid edibles because when i want to get high, i want to get high like immediately not at some random point maybe two hours in the future and then it lasts for who knows how long especially since for me they tend to hit more in the body than the brain. the exception is airplanes, i eat a bunch when im about to leave for the airport and that timing usually works very nicely

I like to do 5-10 mg of gummies if I’m laying down for an afternoon nap because I’ll usually wake up high. It gets around that moment of things going from pretty normal to “woah” for me pretty well.

Antioch
Apr 18, 2003
I can bake all day and just be nicely toasty, but a 2.5mg chocolate puts me on my rear end for hours. Some of the best sleeps I ever had came from edibles though. I downed a brownie I made with oil a couple weeks ago, maybe 2 in the afternoon. Laid down in the hammock, woke up at 10pm. Just completely loving dead to the world, woke up refreshed, alert, ready to fuckin party.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Just make edibles with the reclaim from your dab rigs. Anything inside vaporized and just didn't make it out of the pipe so it settled on the walls and water. You can smoke it again but it def tastes worse the second time around. Just dump it in some warming butter for a few hours after you evap off whatever you use to clean it out of the rig (I use iso but you do you).

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

The dispensary finally got some poo poo over 23% and it whips the llama's rear end. :coolfish:

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Edibles are almost always a weekend thing because it's easier with the unpredictability. Edibles have also given me panic attacks a few times and I've also tried 25mg edibles that don't do poo poo. I really do wish it was more predictable because it's so much healthier than fuckin up my lungs.

Also I'm high, what up

Epitope
Nov 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I'm getting more into ethanol based tinctures lately, since they are more predictable (once you get to know the batch) than edibles, and seem to hit quicker and fade quicker than edibles. Unfortunately still not as quick as inhaling, but at least in that direction

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Epitope posted:

I'm getting more into ethanol based tinctures lately, since they are more predictable (once you get to know the batch) than edibles, and seem to hit quicker and fade quicker than edibles. Unfortunately still not as quick as inhaling, but at least in that direction
Are there any in particular you can recommend? Not that my local stores have much of a selection.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Epitope posted:

Had not heard of these before can you go into more detail about them or have links about them?

Epitope
Nov 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Depends on where you are I think, but green dragon is the old hippy recipe

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

buy a bottle of everclear or 151, drop chopped up weed into it, let sit, strain

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum

The Voice of Labor posted:

buy a bottle of everclear or 151, drop chopped up weed into it, let sit, strain

Then what? Smoke it? Drink it? Rub it on your gums?

Epitope
Nov 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer
If you make your own, you still need to decarboxylate, so there's an oven step too.

The typical packaging is a dropper. You can squirt it under your tongue, but swallowing is ok (maybe hits slower??). I think one of the reasons these are less known is ethanol is regulated separately. Weed license and liquor license don't overlap often

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
I got an email from one of my mail order places that they are switching to selling shrooms. Man that is tempting

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Shrooms are insanely good both recreationally and medicinally and I can't believe it's taken this long for the latter to get some honest research.

I saw my friend go from the very brink of suicide thanks to depression to a fully functioning, happy person literally overnight. One trip changed his life.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
it took me way too long to realize that like .3-.5g of shrooms is the perfect concert/dance/party drug

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Just chillin' in the sink

Someone use a drone to send me some drugs I haven't smoked since early March and I'm dying I'm loving dying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Just chillin' in the sink

Sorry I had to get that out of my system