Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Grapplejack posted:

This is the most likely one I think. The other possibility is maybe, MAYBE SMT5, which people would loving love

If it is Catherine Full Body, that makes Persona 5 more likely to eventually hit pc. They run on the same engine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
Isn't Full Body quite...problematic?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

they should port all the etrian odyssey games and just make the second-screen map a thing you can bring up on the main screen

ymgve posted:

very. but the original had problems too

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Who cares about Persona give me a steam announcement for SMT5.

And hell just backport SMT3, DDS1+2, 4, 4: Apoc, and Devil Survivor. Throw in some Etrian Odyssey too because why the gently caress isn't that already on PC?

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

The 7th Guest posted:

they should port all the etrian odyssey games and you just draw the map yourself on graph paper
Fixed for correct amount of crunch.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

GrandpaPants posted:

And hell just backport SMT3, DDS1+2, 4, 4: Apoc, and Devil Survivor. Throw in some Etrian Odyssey too because why the gently caress isn't that already on PC?

All of Atlus' back catalog would sell great on steam. And Atlus West has been publishing games on steam for ages, IIRC they were the original publishers for Zeno Clash, Rock of Ages, and a bunch of other early steam indie games.

Maybe they finally convinced the home office to start porting their games? We can only hope!

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

GrandpaPants posted:

This is the correct answer. I know the original SMTs back in the 2000s were hard as hell to find without paying like $80 and the franchise is ripe for becoming a new "Dark Souls" esque hard category if they become widely available.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

ymgve posted:

Yeah they tripled down on the bad crap that was in the original release.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

the itchio bundle is getting ready to add more games. i noticed PICO-8 got added, which is the fictional console that a lot of tiny little games got made for, including the original Celeste prototype

i'm not sure if these games are new but they seem interesting

https://oophok.itch.io/zoneoflacryma
https://stuffedwombat.itch.io/gutwhale
https://coldrice.itch.io/teocalli
https://waldemar-umaniz.itch.io/dawn-of-a-soul

ALSO, you may want to check your itch.io notification settings because developers CAN email you updates about their game.. so you could someday get flooded...

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Jun 9, 2020

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Grapplejack posted:

This is the most likely one I think. The other possibility is maybe, MAYBE SMT5, which people would loving love

The problem with this is they'd presumably need to actually show something from SMTV while announcing a port for it.

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

I feel like there's enough to discuss in the itch.io bundle that I made a dedicated thread for anyone who's interested:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3926987

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

I feel like there's enough to discuss in the itch.io bundle that I made a dedicated thread for anyone who's interested:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3926987

Nice, I hope to find some weird gems

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Justin_Brett posted:

The problem with this is they'd presumably need to actually show something from SMTV while announcing a port for it.

That's a heavy presumption

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Finished the prologue for a little game called Starstruck: Hands of Time. You're send back in time to stop two kids in a band from destroying the world. Your characters look like claymations and the town you're in is styled after a little diorama. It's one of those quirky games.

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS

The 7th Guest posted:

the itchio bundle is getting ready to add more games. i noticed PICO-8 got added, which is the fictional console that a lot of tiny little games got made for, including the original Celeste prototype

The end times are upon us.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Metal Gear Solid 2 European Extreme.... getting choked at the end... :(

In college I paid a friend $10 to drunk drive over to my house and beat the button mashing section in Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker for me

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Astrologaster is a funny game about a goonlord quack doctor in Elizabethan times who uses astrology to diagnose patients and predict the future. A lot of his predictions involve his female patients harbouring secret feelings for him. There's lots of references to history and Shakespeare etc and to play "well" knowing some of this stuff helps.

Maintaining the "Steam forums are ridiculous" status, the posts I read on it are from people who totally believe that astrology is real and you can definitely diagnose illnesses with it, also the plague "cure" that the doctor invents could possibly treat coronavirus.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Ugly In The Morning posted:

The new Modern Warfare is a legit really good game. The multiplayer is a blast, it’s super fast paced and satisfying.

Yeah I have my gripes but it's definitely the best one in many years. Kind of fell off and haven't played much in the past few months but still got more mileage out of it than I have any CoD game since Black Ops II; the new engine feels great. Hoping they keep going in the right direction with the next game (which is a Black Ops reboot set in the 80s according to the usually-accurate CoD leaks)

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Pwnstar posted:

Astrologaster is a funny game about a goonlord quack doctor in Elizabethan times who uses astrology to diagnose patients and predict the future. A lot of his predictions involve his female patients harbouring secret feelings for him. There's lots of references to history and Shakespeare etc and to play "well" knowing some of this stuff helps.

Maintaining the "Steam forums are ridiculous" status, the posts I read on it are from people who totally believe that astrology is real and you can definitely diagnose illnesses with it, also the plague "cure" that the doctor invents could possibly treat coronavirus.

I'm guessing you mean this:

quote:

astrology is real and yes planet aliments do cause illnesses and other cure them. just like when saturn enters capracorn people go nuts BUT when saturm enters capracorn with pluto people REALLY insane like we have been seeing since 2017.

quote:

you know the leo king who is a astrologyer predicted this pandemic was coming in fall of 2019.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Decided to try Rain World and for some reason holding down the square button just makes the slugcat drop the bat it's holding instead of eating. I've tried looking the problem up and the only fix I can find is to stop using programs like dsfix but I'm not using any of those.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Try resetting the Steam controls for the game.

Trickyblackjack
Feb 13, 2012
Rebel Galaxy Outlaw is the only game that requires me to lower my system volume (to 10%, from 100% for all other games) because 5% with the in-game settings wasn't low enough and caused some weird sound bugs to boot. The soundtrack rules and by god the devs want you to hear it.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

A huge batch of decent-to-great games were just added to the itch.io bundle. this amount of value is loving crazy. just from this update alone:

Jimmy and the Pulsating Mass, Underhero, Nuclear Throne, Lenna's Inception, Octodad: Dadliest Catch, Bit.Trip Runner 3, Sky Rogue, They Bleed Pixels, Master Spy, The Real Texas, Highway Blossoms, Long Gone Days, The Deer God, Secret Little Haven, Don't Move, Night of the Consumers, Radical Solitaire, Milkmaid of the Milky Way, Dujanah, Tamashii, Sai, The White Door, Halloween Forever, A New Life, The Search, Last Word, Golf Peaks, Shrug Island, Midnight Manor, The Floor is Jelly, Soft Body, Blitz Breaker, Risk System, Puzzle Puppers, Headliner: Novinews, Spooky Station, A Hole New World, Resistance is Fruitile, Little Bug, Teocalli, You Died But a Necromancer Revived You, Botolo, Cecconoid, Zone of Lacryma, Little Comet, Dimension Drive, Warden: Melody of the Overgrowth

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 11:14 on Jun 9, 2020

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...

Fargin Icehole posted:

Another reminder that command and conquer remastered is good poo poo. Almost had a tear in my eye watching the Installation setup. I'm having fun seeing the first takes of cutscenes I grew up watching, can't wait to unlock everything.

My only complaint is that the AI is mostly unchanged in skirmish and cannot function if they cannot find any tiberium/ore, and regrowth of resources in skirmish is not as fast as you'd like it to be.

When people start figuring it out through modding, I hope to use them in a comp stomp with a friend soon, as you cannot use mods in multiplayer at this time.

Every single song that Frank Klepacki did in the originals, remastered, and performed with the Tiberian Sons are all loving excellent. My only complaint is that all the C&C Retaliation music is clearly from the best multiplayer game ever made, C&C: Soul Survivor.

The contrast from original to remastered (by hitting space bar) is unreal. It's like Secret of Monkey Island Remaster levels of detail.

It's absolutely worth the 20 bux.

CNC Remastered is the good stuff. It's a bit micro intensive, but the games feel so good to play.

I wouldn't mind early 3D RTS remasters for say CNC Generals (and better yet, Emperor: Battle for Dune) too.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

i'm on like mission 3 and i blew up the base and the mission won't end, any ideas? i was supposed to get air support but i didn't, might have something to do with that?

Pursued by bees
Jan 1, 2013

heartful of fire
with no one left to tell

sebmojo posted:

i'm on like mission 3 and i blew up the base and the mission won't end, any ideas? i was supposed to get air support but i didn't, might have something to do with that?

You probably missed a unit or a SAM site. I think you get air strikes only after the air defenses are down, if I remember the mission correctly.

edit: check behind the trees, infantry units hide behind them sometimes.

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

Hmm not enjoying Satisfactory as much as I’d hoped. Getting killed over and over in the tutorial cos theres animals seemingly guarding the materials I need to make a gun. Also doesnt look nearly as nice as the screenshots :(

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock

StabMasterArson posted:

Hmm not enjoying Satisfactory as much as I’d hoped. Getting killed over and over in the tutorial cos theres animals seemingly guarding the materials I need to make a gun. Also doesnt look nearly as nice as the screenshots :(

You do not need a gun to tackle the low tier animals. Your shock stick and jumping around is more than enough. (The first, bad, gun is like Tier 3-4 or so anyway)

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

ymgve posted:

You do not need a gun to tackle the low tier animals. Your shock stick and jumping around is more than enough. (The first, bad, gun is like Tier 3-4 or so anyway)

I died and lost the shock stick, thats what I meant

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
I finally beat Assassin's Creed Odyssey last night after 70+ hours. 95% completion according to uPlay. I am going to take a little break before tackling the DLC, and it turns out the uPlay summer sale just started. How did the Division 2 Warlords of New York expansion turn out? Seems like a solid deal at $18.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock

StabMasterArson posted:

I died and lost the shock stick, thats what I meant

If you are still that early in the tutorial, just restart the game. You'll land at a slightly different place. Or you could snatch your dropped items to get the stick back.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I think my friend and I are finally Astroneers because we went out exploring the planet yesterday then got lost for a hour looking for the base. I really like the game but it really does need automation and some sort of rail system so exploring mines isn't so tedious.

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
I really have no idea what the appeal of Satisfactory is, other than its shiny gfx maybe.

Every video makes it seem like someone tried to distill Grind down to its most potent essence, and make it a means unto itself. You harvest resources and do a shitton of busywork in order to... unlock the next stage of busywork? It's like all the bad parts of a crafting minigame with no end result of having a completed doodad to help you in your actually fun main game.

MZ
Apr 21, 2004

Excuse me while I kiss the sky.
I imagine with them giving away the source code to everyone we could see some really great mods for C&C/RedAlert in 6-12 months. Will be interesting to see what comes out of it!

Does anyone happen to have a spare Cities: Skylines Key they don't want? Please PM me.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Serephina posted:

I really have no idea what the appeal of Satisfactory is, other than its shiny gfx maybe.

Every video makes it seem like someone tried to distill Grind down to its most potent essence, and make it a means unto itself. You harvest resources and do a shitton of busywork in order to... unlock the next stage of busywork? It's like all the bad parts of a crafting minigame with no end result of having a completed doodad to help you in your actually fun main game.
If you don't have the conveyor belt brokebrains, then Subnautica, Long Dark, or even NMS are probably tighter single player focused progression based survival game experiences.

The factory and exploring are equal points in Satisfactory. If you don't want to build a factory, you can hard pass.

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
Yea exactly. I enjoyed Subnautica a lot, but the crafting was the 'game-ification' // necessary evil part of puttering around cool underwater environments.

To each their own I guess, enjoy your conveyor belts lol.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Whoah, I just made it to the point in Titanfall 2 where you can jump back and forth through time at the press of a button! Mind loving blown! They really should get this game onto Steam ASAP, such a drat shame it’s flown under the radar.

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

sebmojo posted:

Whenever you get a mission where there isn't a specific objective, you need to wipe out every enemy unit and building (excluding walls) on the map to win.

Edit: Also, if you destroy an enemy building while their MCV is still up during the campaign they will rebuild the same building on the same spot after a short period of time so recheck the map where you pushed to see if they built anything back up behind your push. If you can't finish them off during a push, either put some units on the spot where the building was or capture it with an engineer once it gets rebuilt.

Floodkiller fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Jun 9, 2020

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Ragequit posted:

How did the Division 2 Warlords of New York expansion turn out? Seems like a solid deal at $18.

If you liked the base game there's no reason you wouldn't like it imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

sebmojo posted:

The idea was for you to get the Sam sites first, then use them to bomb the base, but it is much easier to clear the units and capture everything first.

Word of advice, when you cap a refinery in Tiberian Dawn, best outcome is to cap when the enemy harvester is unloading cargo, so you cap both of them. Also get the silos too when the enemy has bank and you will cripple and break the AI.

The AI I think cheated all these years and definite gets a bigger bonus of cash when they get money from harvesting, but they still rely on getting the money to function.

They also repair anything, so you can also keep on damaging their structures to force them to spend money. When they stop repairing structures after a certain point that's when you know they are completely out of resources, prompting the AI to go into survival mode and sell structures before they blow up.