Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

justcola
May 22, 2004

La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo

I am more inspired by statues of dead slave traders underwater than whatever insipid garbage Starmer would dare squeak out through his lips. I feel this week has shown, globally, the time for :decorum: is over

e: I can't stand the B-52s but some people like them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SOryJvTAGs

justcola fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Jun 9, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Aramoro posted:

Here's the question though. If Starmer is some sort of trojan horse designed in a lab to stymie the Labour party. Why did all the labour members vote for him? You're saying a huge chunk of the Labour party is committed to the Labour party failing?

stunningly enough, quite a loving lot of them are, yes.

Did you msis the dossier or something?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

Miss Hitler? As in women dressed up to look like Adolf Hitler? Or Eva Hitler?

I'd search for images to answer this question, but, y'know.

Nah, just a beauty pageant for racists if IIRC. Remember reading about it the first I heard about National Action

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

Miss Hitler? As in women dressed up to look like Adolf Hitler? Or Eva Hitler?

I'd search for images to answer this question, but, y'know.
Paula maybe.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

If you're saying that big horse is a trap, how come the Trojans brought it in?

Beefeater1980
Sep 12, 2008

My God, it's full of Horatios!

XMNN posted:

hmmm looks like someone else has noticed that the deadline for the Brexit extension is at the end of the month

https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/staggers/2020/06/what-keir-starmer-brexit-extension

ah yes, Sir Keir "former shadow Brexit secretary" Starmer very wisely avoiding doing anything that would allow his opponents to frame him as a "remoaner" by refusing to say the thing he obviously thinks

After all, what can be smarter than not saying something, if no one was going to listen to you anyway? Isn't that what being a real opposition is all about? I mean sure when it all goes tits up, as we know it will, and you know it will, and we know you know it will, you could point to your comments at the time and say "we would have handled this differently and things would have turned out better", but then people would just say that you're a smarmy metropolitan know-it-all and roll their eyes

whereas, if you don't go on record as saying that the bad thing was bad before it happened then people will think you're just a normal decent bloke who thinks like them and definitely believed the government when it said it had this all under control and now that they've buggered it up you're really more disappointed than angry because you trusted them and they've let you down, they've let the country down and most importantly they've let themselves down

also I keep seeing that Napoleon quote as a justification for starmer refusing to say anything meaningful about anything, it's loving 11 dimensional political capital chess all over again, with a side order of "I'd like to see old bojo wriggle his way out of this jam"

If he doesn't say anything then it won't be the number one item in the front pages or the main news broadcasts. That's all that it takes to be invisible to approximately 67% of the population of the UK. For the 33% (to be absurdly optimistic) who actually read the political news (which probably breaks down sth 2/3 are Labour and the rest Lib Dem / Tory), everyone knows he's a remainer so yeah what's the point. But if he tries to sway the few people who are informed enough to care about this poo poo but don't already vote Labour, he exposes himself to alienating the 67% who Just Don't Care About Politics.

Like, Corbyn didn't lose votes because he didn't take a stand on Brexit, he lost because he was the subject of a wildly successful hatchet job, he hosed up his party management and most of the UK population leans conservative anyway and was repelled by his sincerely held beliefs (especially the good ones).

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Fixed now but this was on the BBC site

For those who don't follow rugby the person in that pic is Lewis Ludlam, he does not look like Ellis Genge.

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum
Backyard birbposting update: There's loads of tiny new fledgling bluetits around. They're adorable and would totally yell ACAB at the police:

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

Beefeater1980 posted:

If he doesn't say anything then it won't be the number one item in the front pages or the main news broadcasts. That's all that it takes to be invisible to approximately 67% of the population of the UK. For the 33% (to be absurdly optimistic) who actually read the political news (which probably breaks down sth 2/3 are Labour and the rest Lib Dem / Tory), everyone knows he's a remainer so yeah what's the point. But if he tries to sway the few people who are informed enough to care about this poo poo but don't already vote Labour, he exposes himself to alienating the 67% who Just Don't Care About Politics.

Like, Corbyn didn't lose votes because he didn't take a stand on Brexit, he lost because he was the subject of a wildly successful hatchet job, he hosed up his party management and most of the UK population leans conservative anyway and was repelled by his sincerely held beliefs (especially the good ones).
He could, like, actually try to influence politics, being a politician and all.

Very little chance of success, but there's not going to be a GE between now & crashing out without a deal, so it'd surely be a good idea to actually loving do something now to avoid being ~held to account~ later

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Aramoro posted:

Here's the question though. If Starmer is some sort of trojan horse designed in a lab to stymie the Labour party. Why did all the labour members vote for him? You're saying a huge chunk of the Labour party is committed to the Labour party failing?

he stymies corbyn labour, the bootlicking wing loves him and a lot of other people just got duped because they were depressed and since he's an mi5 spook he got a lot of good press

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Borrovan posted:

He could, like, actually try to influence politics, being a politician and all.

That would be wrong to do because Labour lost the general election you see.

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

Ah yes, I forgot we switched to a presidential system

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

StarkingBarfish posted:

Backyard birbposting update: There's loads of tiny new fledgling bluetits around. They're adorable and would totally yell ACAB at the police:

Some bluetits nested in a little birdbox we have attached to the wall in the back garden. When they hatched I heard them yelling for food all the time, but I don't hear them anymore and I haven't seen any little babies flying around. I hope they are OK :(

Meanwhile there are approx. 50,000 starling fledglings that turn up every day and eat all the fat balls and mealworms we put out. They are very loud and honestly they're starting to get on my nerves because they poo poo everywhere and crowd out all the other birds (until the Magpie comes and chases them all away)

Bardeh fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Jun 9, 2020

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Borrovan posted:

Ah yes, I forgot we switched to a presidential system

I believe it happened sometime after 1997.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
https://twitter.com/bbcnews/status/1270345875911573504?s=21

'Anti-racism critics'. Exquisite.

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum

Bardeh posted:

Some bluetits nested in a little birdbox we have attached to the wall in the back garden. When they hatched I heard them yelling for food all the time, but I don't hear them anymore and I haven't seen any little babies flying around. I hope they are OK :(

Meanwhile there are approx. 50,000 starling fledglings that turn up every day and eat all the fat balls and mealworms we put out. They are very loud and honestly they're starting to get on my nerves because they poo poo everywhere and crowd out all the other birds (until the Magpie comes and chases them all away)

The bluetits probably travel a bit from their nestbox after fledging- I don't think they stick around so I wouldn't worry about it. Funnily enough we've had very few starlings here but the shopping center up the road is covered in 'em

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

bessantj posted:

Fixed now but this was on the BBC site

For those who don't follow rugby the person in that pic is Lewis Ludlam, he does not look like Ellis Genge.

https://twitter.com/LewisLudlam/status/1270341463038140418

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum

That's right up there with anti-antifa. For once I'd like to see a major outlet just say 'racists'

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Tory scum are running a survey to gauge levels of support for their racist immigration bill, and to make sure they get the right result they're only advertising it to their supporters. I wish I could have obtained a link to it so we could make people aware of what is going on, and perhaps influence the results.

floofyscorp
Feb 12, 2007

RE: birbs, one of the greatest things about working from home lately is being able to see all the neighbourhood birds visiting the feeders on our balcony. We've had millions of sparrows, starlings, a pair of bluetits, pigeons, the odd magpie and some goldfinches! Watching the fat little fledglings following their parents around, yelling and shaking their wings, is just adorable :3:

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
my friend sent me some pictures of the goslings on the canal near him atm

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,
election time is but a window.

I'll be back

StarkingBarfish posted:

birbs! :3: i've been missing the morning update

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Jedit posted:

Tory scum are running a survey to gauge levels of support for their racist immigration bill, and to make sure they get the right result they're only advertising it to their supporters. I wish I could have obtained a link to it so we could make people aware of what is going on, and perhaps influence the results.

Depends what the 'skills' are. Robbing the poor, kicking the disabled, etc - for sure... erm.....

StarkingBarfish posted:

XMNN posted:

my friend sent me some pictures of the goslings on the canal near him atm

Beautiful birdie pix

Jaeluni Asjil fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Jun 9, 2020

Isomermaid
Dec 3, 2019

Swish swish, like a fish

floofyscorp posted:

RE: birbs, one of the greatest things about working from home lately is being able to see all the neighbourhood birds visiting the feeders on our balcony. We've had millions of sparrows, starlings, a pair of bluetits, pigeons, the odd magpie and some goldfinches! Watching the fat little fledglings following their parents around, yelling and shaking their wings, is just adorable :3:

In lockdown I learned that a pigeon's "ha hoo hoo hoohoo" is a different call to "ha hooo hoo" that I remember from my childhood because the first is a woodpigeon, and the second rather than being "a woodpigeon with a northern accent" is actually a collared dove.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Really appreciating the nature pics everyone, thanks for posting them

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
The anti-racism critic has logged on.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Jesus.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
Well, I never heard of urethral sounding before.

https://www.hindustantimes.com/indi...m1keM5oUYI.html

quote:

Man complained of stomach ache, had a mobile phone charger in his bladder

According to the doctor, the patient has a habit of inserting cables and other stuff through his penis as a form of sexual pleasure. On this occasion, things could have gone out of control and the cable reached his urinary bladder.

A routine operation in an Assam hospital took a different turn this week when the doctor performing the surgery and accompanying attendants found a mobile phone charger cable inside the urinary bladder of a patient.

The patient, a 30-year-old man, had lied to the doctors that he had ingested the nearly two-feet-long cable through his mouth. But it was revealed on the operation table that the cable had been inserted through the man’s penile urethra.

“The patient came to us with severe abdomen pain and told us that he consumed a headphone cable by mistake. We examined his stool and conducted an endoscopy as well but couldn’t find the cable. When we operated him, there was nothing in his gastrointestinal tract,” Dr Walliul Islam, a noted surgeon in Guwahati, said.

Surprised, Islam conducted an X-ray while the patient was on the operation table. It revealed that the cable was in fact in the person’s urinary bladder. The cable was removed and the patient is recovering well.

“He told us that he had consumed headphones through the mouth, but in fact, he had inserted the mobile charger cable through his penis. I have been conducting surgeries for 25 years now but this is the first time such a case happened on the operation table,” said Islam.

According to the doctor, the patient has a habit of inserting cables and other stuff through his penis as a form of sexual pleasure. On this occasion, things could have gone out of control and the cable reached his urinary bladder.

“It’s a type of masturbation called urethral sounding, which is the insertion of an object or liquid into the urethra. The person had come to us five days after he inserted the cable. He repeatedly told us he consumed it through his mouth and we never imagined an adult would lie about such a thing,” Islam said.

“We could have done away with the surgery if he had told us the truth and could have removed the cable through the same route he had inserted it. But surgery had to be done as he lied,” he added.

Islam said the patient doesn’t have any mental disorder and indulged in the act only for sexual pleasure.

“Instances of men indulging in urethral sounding are known. But this person went to an extreme and hence the cable reached his urinary bladder. This is a very rare thing,” he said.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

StarkingBarfish posted:

Bluetits. They're yelling at protestors

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Surprising, as we have experts on it ITT :v:

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Really? That's like saying you haven't heard of Terry's Chocolate Orange or Monster Munch. This thread only has maybe 6 topics maximum (they're all good)

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

The, uh, "noted" surgeon operated on his GI tract before actually confirming that there was something in there?
I hope Mr Urethral Sounding didn't pay too much for his treatment

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Oh you sweet summer child the internet has so many things to show you.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

I'm so impressed you managed to miss the dozens of times certain people have talked about it in this thread!

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Jedit posted:

I posted this a few days ago, it's a nonsense survey with horrible questions and they're collecting emails. I'm not giving them my loving email, but I'm hoping the resident computer touchers might be able to find a quiet way to gently caress with the data or something.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

The prolapse photos I send people also contain some sounding ones

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

Failed Imagineer posted:

(they're all good)
u forgot the politics derails

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Sorry for more USPOL but I think some people here will get a kick out of this and I didn't see it posted yet:

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

On Sunday night, a cop's brother drove into the Seattle crowd with a firearm loaded with an extended magazine, with another magazine jungle taped to it, and shot a protestor in the arm (or shoulder? non-fatally, anyways.) The shooter then calmly attempted to melt into the crowd, made his way to the police line, and surrendered. The cops didn't even flinch.

On Monday during the day, trucks drove up to the East Precinct building in Seattle to evacuate its contents. A document shredder truck was also spotted.

On Monday night, the protestors seized the area surrounding the precinct. The precinct building itself is considered booby trapped and no one has gone in. Supposedly the building itself is unlocked. This area is the Capitol Hill Autonomous Zone.

https://twitter.com/BRRN_Fed/status/1270345660617891842

https://twitter.com/MinusPeach/status/1270194409095655425

:getin:

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

thespaceinvader posted:

I posted this a few days ago, it's a nonsense survey with horrible questions and they're collecting emails. I'm not giving them my loving email, but I'm hoping the resident computer touchers might be able to find a quiet way to gently caress with the data or something.

Give them some tory mps emails.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

That's enough of the internet for today.