Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
russia pops up again

https://twitter.com/KenDilanianNBC/status/1270368019362054144?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

Cabbages and Kings posted:

It's loving awesome how basically every artist and corporate entity I follow is not staying silent on any of this

The mountain goats are pretty good

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

My biggest takeaway from this is being reminded that Kellyanne Conway's marriage sucks and hopefully her kids will hate her if they don't already. I forgot about George.

Gotta find comfort in the little things.

edit: Also there's a non-zero chance that at some point we find out this summer/fall that the White House and Fox News were broadcasting a closed circuit fake news feed to Trump just to keep him placated.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Jun 9, 2020

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea

evilweasel posted:

loooooooooooooooool they're trying to do a slowdown

Remember, murdering those you're supposed to protect is a sometimes food. You can have a little bit, as a treat.

Aztec Galactus
Sep 12, 2002

for those of you appreciating all the amazing photography

https://twitter.com/DwyaneWade/status/1270231868802097153

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Guze posted:

400k in DC ads cause he's mad at the TV.

Lol

Why don't they just bring back the Gorilla Channel?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

STAC Goat posted:

My biggest takeaway from this is being reminded that Kellyanne Conway's marriage sucks and hopefully her kids will hate her if they don't already. I forgot about George.

i would really like more human interest stories on their marriage, complete with failed attempts to slam the other in the press anonymously

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

liberal tee-toLOLAllEarism :allears:

:lol:

This loving owns

It's wierd how Russia keeps popping up and his favored news outlet likes to cite them for stories...

Just really loving wierd!

TulliusCicero fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Jun 9, 2020

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

evilweasel posted:

i would really like more human interest stories on their marriage, complete with failed attempts to slam the other in the press anonymously

One of them is a complete con artist and I’m not sure which.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Nitrousoxide posted:

I thought 38% was his floor

It's one poll and the margin of error is 7.4%.

We can celebrate when the aggregate is under 38%.

Edit: And the 35% number was for "all adults." Likely voters are 44.1% approval on that survey.

Basically, the survey is... not great evidence by itself.

KillHour fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Jun 9, 2020

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

:allears:

gently caress drudge forever ofc but "AARP-ANTIFA" rules

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Four hundred thousand American dollars to so the president knows the tv box still loves him.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

its been reliably reported kellyanne relentlessly leaks to the press so i can believe she doesn't actually like trump, but i bet even if she hates trump she's still pissed at george

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I believe the phrase is "why not both?"

Ultimately it doesn't matter to me why they're doing it. If Republicans want to torture each other and make their lives miserable I don't have to celebrate them or accept them as allies but I'm happy to sit back and watch to make myself feel a little better. At the very least they're hopefully teaching their kids that their parents really are the worst monsters.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

I hope, when Trump finally arrives in Hell where he belongs, when he gets thrown in its deepest pit... Satan, please don't be too nice.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

neither of them believe in anything. they just love drama.

Aztec Galactus
Sep 12, 2002

Guze posted:

Four hundred thousand American dollars to so the president knows the tv box still loves him.

Its the campaign fund so its probably not american dollars

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

punishedkissinger posted:

neither of them believe in anything. they just love drama.

or, yknow, money

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

:allears:

gently caress drudge forever ofc but "AARP-ANTIFA" rules

:laffo: :laffo: :laffo:

I am laughing so hard I can't breathe at the moment. The hits just keep coming.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

Framboise posted:

I hope, when Trump finally arrives in Hell where he belongs, when he gets thrown in its deepest pit... Satan, please don't be too nice.

Why would Satan punish his chosen one?

On a sidenote, I hope all the people who support Trump and rail against the protests and BLM and whatnot don't just fade away into a bush when he's gone, only for them to reemerge like they supported the right thing all along. People need to be held accountable for their lovely actions and opinions.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Even my boomer mother doesn't buy it.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Unrelated but this joke is a reference to the incredibly dark short story "A Good Man is Hard to Find". Actually it's about The South and Christian hypocrisy so maybe it's somewhat related.

Aztec Galactus
Sep 12, 2002

Getting lost in the shuffle with Trump being batshit crazy is the fact that Georgia heard people talking about "systemic racism" and apparently thought it was a request for more. Just a casual dry run for making sure that only white people can vote in elections

https://twitter.com/KasimReed/status/1270334888131072000

Meatball
Mar 2, 2003

That's a Spicy Meatball

Pillbug

evilweasel posted:

loooooooooooooooool they're trying to do a slowdown

All I can think of is the scene in Shawshank redemption where tim Robbins did a letter writing campaign and wrote a letter a week. They bent a bit and sent him some stuff. His takeaway was to start sending two letters a week.

This is where we start sending two letters a week. Cops slowdown and just like last time, things are fine. People turn around and say "can we have it like this all the time?".

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

Framboise posted:

I cannot for the life of me find the name of it now, but when I was about 16 I read a book of shortstories that was modern authors' take on Hell. The two I remember were one that might have been called "One Way Ticket", about a guy so burned out on his life that he just buys a one-way ticket to hell, choosing some weird BDSM sex circle of hell where he will forever have sex with a demoness, and never orgasm.

Anyway, the other story I remember, is about Hitler finding himself in hell, which is a personal hell just for him, where he is going to be alone and be totally unrecognized for his vast acts of evil, he's just another useless incarcerated soul, no more or less special than any other, and this idea was absolutely intolerable to him and that was the end of the story. In my brain, that story was called "Hell Is Personal" or "Hell Is For You".

I am unable to find any evidence of this book's existence on the internet. A historian appears to have written a whole book about Hitler In Hell which has distorted my searching.

The point is, that I think being in an anonymous place where he was forced to realize how not-special he is, would also be a Hell for Tromp.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/FordFischer/status/1270388751001362432?s=20

COVID-19
Mar 2, 2020

by Cyrano4747

Weren’t they covering themselves with African cloth and performatively kneeling like... 1 day ago.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

"We're going to collect a list of all the worst cops in America and hide it." - Democrats.

Edit:

COVID-19 posted:

Weren’t they covering themselves with African cloth and performatively kneeling like... 1 day ago.

No, see, wearing African cloth and kneeling solved racism. So now they need to fix the problem of visible racism by hiding it from the public.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

COVID-19 posted:

Yes, there was also a great video of them struggling to stand up afterwards

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

Meatball posted:

All I can think of is the scene in Shawshank redemption where tim Robbins did a letter writing campaign and wrote a letter a week. They bent a bit and sent him some stuff. His takeaway was to start sending two letters a week.

This is where we start sending two letters a week. Cops slowdown and just like last time, things are fine. People turn around and say "can we have it like this all the time?".

That scene was so great because he was smart enough to know what most around him did not: you don't just cave and walk away for a token response gesture. That's a test, a test of your resolve. That's the time to up the pressure because now they're trying to play games and palm you off cheap.

Lessons the Democratic Congressional delegation refuses (on purpose?) to learn.

CmdrRiker
Apr 8, 2016

You dismally untalented little creep!

Medullah posted:

I'm not going to embed it but I decided to look at the "evidence" of it being a setup.

https://twitter.com/ThomasPlatt17/status/1269162779346427904

edit

LOOK AT MY DOG

Catching up on the thread. Is good boi.

I wonder how much psychology went into the creation of these questions versus just an dumb idiot writing a bunch of bullshit.

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

:v:
Switchblade Switcharoo
https://twitter.com/davidmooney/status/1270375403643899906

Kale
May 14, 2010

nine-gear crow posted:

Given how creepily sex-negative Ben (and his puppeteer father) is, I highly doubt he’s had a Sports Illustrated subscription since he was a teenager. No. Either that or they burned the sinful swimsuit issues every year.

Ben is basically a slimmer, shorter version of the doof in this video

https://twitter.com/airbagged/status/1268961388619276288?s=20

loving "gamers" man. I love how this particular type of "gamer" is obsessed with telling you how they're going to boycott every game or every console every couple weeks or so for some utterly ridiculous reason before going right back to playing the next hot release or current favorite. It's among the most performative things you can see on the internet. Because this video is so loving ridiculous and got laughed at by a lot of people it's by far this guys most viewed video ever it turns out with most clocking in in the triple digits.

The sad irony is most people including myself would be over the moon if these people actually would pack up and leave one of my favorite hobbies to chill to alone for good with all their weird extreme white fragility bullshit and histrionics, but sadly they won't and decent everyday people have to continue to deal with this sort of person being a particularly loud voice and face of the gaming community. It's like this combination of intense self-loathing, being permanently and painfully "very online", and trying to bring everyone else down into the poo poo with them.

One of the weirdest thing about this era is finding out just how many people around my age that would otherwise fit into my demographic of mid-30's white male guy that count video games as a hobby are in fact broken as loving poo poo excuses for human beings that are so loving fragile they take messages about Black Lives Matter to be some personal attack on them. They're loving everywhere in the online gaming community too nowadays. Like just.....to be so permanently self-centered and self-entitled that they think everything they don't like about a video game or video game companies practices (for whatever usually dumb reason) is a directed personal attack on them (never mind how you possibly get "anti-white" from black lives matter) just to start.......:suicide:

Or for the TL;DR, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yL9rSwrsMHw&t=125s,what most people I guess mistakenly hoped was the situation and in fact figured was until they found out unlike Joe Pesci the guy wasn't bullshitting.

Kale fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Jun 9, 2020

COVID-19
Mar 2, 2020

by Cyrano4747

The Glumslinger posted:

Yes, there was also a great video of them struggling to stand up afterwards

Disturbing how old some of these idiots are.

https://mobile.twitter.com/erinmdurkin/status/1270365372752019456

https://mobile.twitter.com/ggreenwa...4357%23lastpost

COVID-19 fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Jun 9, 2020

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

:v:
Switchblade Switcharoo
people should pressure all the counties quietly taking down confederate monuments to replace them with ones that tell the real history of institutional racism

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Kurzon posted:

Ben Shapiro keeps whining about the economic effects of the lockdown and the "hypocrisy" of liberals vis à vis the BLM protests. I imagine that if Shapiro had lived during World War 2, he would have whined about the economic impact of rationing and government requisitioning of factories.

Depends, would it be a Dem that called for it, or a big strong daddy Rep?

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

How long until a PoC is assaulted on top of one of these street murals?

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Good news, everyone: racism is solved!

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

God i had forgotten those Obama comments

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

https://twitter.com/kirstiealley/status/1270343780810588161?s=20