Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

Oh wow, 2 hours to go. Figured it would launch after 8.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aqu
Aug 1, 2006

But Mooooooooom
I知 not sure what I知 more excited for: Emperor coming out or Reman making a new EU IV video after two years.

https://youtu.be/zWzIgBqcK3s

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

aqu posted:

I知 not sure what I知 more excited for: Emperor coming out or Reman making a new EU IV video after two years.

Lol that his bland vid on how to keep the empire Catholic got taken down for advocating sectarian violence

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

Judging by the pre-release streams, the Great Peasants' War is broken. Peasant republics are meant to be able to flip other countries into also becoming peasant republics during the Great Peasant's War, but it only flips them into generic republics and only Dithmarschen is allowed to take the peasant republic reform, so the entire idea of spreading an early revolution just doesn't work. This also makes one of Dithmarschen's missions extremely difficult to complete in a timely manner (requires 30 provinces in Germany to be owned by peasant republics). It's a real shame, because they were the first nation I wanted to play as. Now I'm gonna have to wait for a fix.

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

Update: lol, this issue has gone completely unaddressed I see

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/644731392?t=1h37m30s

Pathing is still what gives you the least attrition. Yeah its loving stupid but its apparently what they want, its not a bug

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

Firebatgyro posted:

Pathing is still what gives you the least attrition. Yeah its loving stupid but its apparently what they want, its not a bug

It doesn't work this way though. It will take longer routes even when attrition isn't an issue.

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug
its herrreeee
e: im a liar its just the patch not the dlc

i will say that the giant "BUY A DLC SUBSCRIPTION!!!!!!!!!!!!" banner on the main screen is loving gross
ive spent like 400 bucks on your game boys, maybe back off a little?

awesmoe fucked around with this message at 09:03 on Jun 9, 2020

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

awesmoe posted:

its herrreeee
e: im a liar its just the patch not the dlc

Restart Steam.

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug
I very skillfully restarted steam between the patch and the dlc
but im playing now!
There's lots of stuff I like in this patch.

ilitarist
Apr 26, 2016

illiterate and militarist

awesmoe posted:

ive spent like 400 bucks on your game boys, maybe back off a little?

But do you have National Monuments II and fresh new Emperor Music DLC?

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

Can't seem to find Lippe. Anyone knows who starts with their core(s)?

E:

Ah, Berg has them.

THE BAR fucked around with this message at 09:27 on Jun 9, 2020

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

Protip for the new merc system: Unless you've exhausted their manpower, always keep a Free Company around. Though they're a bit slow to recover from battles, they fight just as well as your rank and file troops. And, in a complete reversal of the traditional EU mechanics, they cost less than half as much maintenance.

Dr. Video Games 0031 fucked around with this message at 10:34 on Jun 9, 2020

Beefeater1980
Sep 12, 2008

My God, it's full of Horatios!

aqu posted:

Whoah. Maybe we really are living in the End Times.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

austria has a ton going on now, its pretty poggers dude.

fuf
Sep 12, 2004

haha

awesmoe posted:

i will say that the giant "BUY A DLC SUBSCRIPTION!!!!!!!!!!!!" banner on the main screen is loving gross

I'm not seeing this?? :confused:

I can't actually find anything about the DLC subscription thing, and I'm probably the one sucker who actually wants to buy it

fuf
Sep 12, 2004

haha

fuf posted:

I'm not seeing this?? :confused:

I can't actually find anything about the DLC subscription thing, and I'm probably the one sucker who actually wants to buy it

Apparently it's only available for a few people...

man the only thing worse than a subscription model is a subscription model that isn't even ready for the release date.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky
I love how EU4 is recommending me music packs when I have music turned off.

feller
Jul 5, 2006

ItohRespectArmy posted:

its pretty poggers dude.

God dang do I feel old

Pump it up! Do it!
Oct 3, 2012
Does anyone have any good tips to handle the new estate system? I'm currently playing as The Pope and I'm in a race against time to finish a mission before all the military orders are killed. However, to be able to finish this I need to have 60 % loyalty and 50 % influence with the nobility. I have a really hard time being able to balance and it seems like I need to be lucky via estate events to be able to finish this mission.

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength

ItohRespectArmy posted:

austria has a ton going on now, its pretty poggers dude.

Lmao, Austria starts out with Empire rank now. Guess that will be my first real run in 1.30.

Progress report: it is 1455, I've forced the PU over Bohemia and got a free PU over Hungary, passed one reform and closing in on the second. About to start beating up Italians. (Venice alone has at least three dead OPMs I can release...)

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
Ahaha, the very next thing to happen JUST as I was finishing up my first war against Venice was that the Ottos got an arrow in the knee (initially they attacked Albania/Venice/etc. and were having trouble enough with that, but then I was able to join in).

Am allied to Byzantium (tried to grab an early PU but they got a younger heir so no luck with that so far) and they got several of their cores back in the aforementioned war. Going to stay friends with them for a while.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

gotta say im having a tough time navigating the hre, having never played inside it before.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Generally if you have the diplo-slot to spare vassalize people rather than conquering them. You can't be unlawful territoried and it gives way less AE.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

that's baby mode conquer everything. don't give up land get everyone mad at you. rip and tear

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

actually the pro strat now i think is to have only 0 autonomy states and farm government reform for admin efficiency later or whatever. so early vassals should be good

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Terrible Opinions posted:

Generally if you have the diplo-slot to spare vassalize people rather than conquering them. You can't be unlawful territoried and it gives way less AE.

They even made it better this patch in that vassals don't return unlawful territory anymore (the overlord gets asked and as overlord, you can tell the emperor to stuff it).

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

I don't think claims had a 50% increased cost in the HRE before this patch.

It would make Espionage slightly more useful in the HRE, except most nations are fed permanent claims like candy through missions.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Yeah the 50% claim cost increase is new, it was in the patch notes.

Groke
Jul 27, 2007

Groke posted:

Am allied to Byzantium (tried to grab an early PU but they got a younger heir so no luck with that so far) and they got several of their cores back in the aforementioned war. Going to stay friends with them for a while.

Actually BWAHAHA, Byzantium just went and joined the HRE on their own volition. That's helpful!

Miss Lonelyhearts
Mar 22, 2003

Starting up a game as Austria. To this point I've always played non-euro games - Ottoman, Egypt, Timurids, Vijay, Japan. I have no idea how HRE works, does any kind gamer have general tips or advice?

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

yikes! posted:

God dang do I feel old

If it makes you feel any better, there's plenty of people on twitch aged like 35 who say poggers.

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
Yeah it's much less a young person thing than a twitch thing. If you said that around the average zoomer they'd think it was some old person thing like pogs.

Sheep
Jul 24, 2003
Anyone know how to actually rein in the Italians now? The new mechanics for the HRE don't provide any insight, but according to the Paradox forums there's a new "expand HRE" peace option you can get if you go the "Abandon Italy" path at least. No idea if there's a new CB or not - despite choosing to rein in the Italians I have no CB and it's also not at all spelled out what "reining in the Italians" actually involves.

I'm guessing it's vassalization/annexation like in the past but honestly who knows.

Sheep fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Jun 9, 2020

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

Jesus, Johan must have lost a war in one of the beta MP games. Nerfed Quality and Innovative policy from 20% infantry combat to 5%.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Beamed posted:

Jesus, Johan must have lost a war in one of the beta MP games. Nerfed Quality and Innovative policy from 20% infantry combat to 5%.

They also nerfed peasant Republic from 10 to 5%

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Is it normal to start with a low crown land warning? Might just be the couple starts I've opened, but would also make sense for the period.

e: some of these privileges look rad, I think I'm def gonna be handing a bunch of these out right at the start.

PittTheElder fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Jun 9, 2020

Sheep
Jul 24, 2003
Yes.

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010

Beamed posted:

I think this is the 2-3rd time they've done a general nerf of combat bonuses. I feel like it's way more fun to go the opposite direction and balance around a bunch of big numbers instead of making everything a small incremental bonus.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I'm glad by release they've fixed the game breaking bug where countries had the wrong titles for their monarchs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!
Apparently the plan is to turn out more big EUIV expansions, which kinda surprises me. Game is feeling due for a sequel, and I was pretty convinced that Emperor would be the last hurrah.